Womens Running

Lazy Mondays (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

As the saying goes - it's one thing to get up, but to wake up... takes more effort Smile

Diane, nice miles on TM! My ex-colleague also ran 12mi on TM this weekend, she had planned more, but got a lot of stares (already starting from mile 6 Big grin) as it was the only TM at the local gym...

Lizzie, Olympics? What sports were you watching? The time zones, LV hockey team not qualifying and NHL not going - the hype is not there at all, at least for me. You totally deserved your lazy day and I the ''run over by a truck'' laziness often has to do w lack of carbs, so get that cake+beer out Big grin Don't worry about the job just yet... No need to overthink. And let us know about the gym class!

Meh Monday... Currently in the (rare) situation where the whole to-do-list, some small stuff aside, is cleared... WHAT... But it has lots to do w boss not being present (fever), so some calculations that have to be accepted are simply on hold, and won't disappear magically; just matter of time... Oh well.

7.5mi planned today... Posting it here for accountability!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 speed work miles for me. I did 9x 1 min/1 min recover.

Rainy run from the beginning. Wasn't too bad. Run was good! Can tell I need some foam rolling.

I will catch up with personals later. I decided to go to a 8:15 Build and Burn class - the gym is across town so I gotta go!

Catch up with everyone later!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Elina, have a great run later.  Cleared off a to-do list?  Congrats!

Lizzie, sorry for the wet run, enjoy the class.

Oh boy, woke up at 5am stressing.  The weather...  It is getting worse.  Now it is going to start at about 30 and maybe get to 46.  I know, that is downright balmy for many of you, but brrrr.  On that front I am mostly stressing about what to wear. (How do you successfully deal with starts freezing cold, warms up, gets cold again - in one race...)   BUT, the big stress is now the drive, and the S.N.O.W. that is predicted in Flagstaff on Friday.  Right now it says daytime snow of 1-3".  This girl no longer drives in snow.  Not here, barely in the PNW.  Have been messaging Lisa about the race, and she is trying to talk me off the snow freak out ledge.

Today is another day of cleaning/picking up and maybe packing.  I am hoping to only take a carry on, and need to work some magic to fit everything I fear.  Maybe if I have my crap in the bag, I will stop worrying about what to wear.

It is 70 out right now, Saturday this time it will be 30.  A 40 degree drop is a lot for me.

OK, though it is only 6:30am, it is time to go be productive I suppose.  I am sure I will pop in multiple times today, procrastinating of course!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Hey Kat calm the F down...this FL girl grew up learning to drive in the SUN....when we moved here and I had to drive in snow for the first time I almost cried.  You CAN and WILL do it.

Hi Elina, nice the check list is at low tide...

Hi Lizzie.

I'm off today too, washing sheets, getting taxes ready for the CPA, resting today from my 30 mile week. Other than when I did Hawk and then PH it's the longest and certainly most consistent I've been.  I'm kind of happy and proud of that   At heart I am truly a lazy person but you all inspire me to greatness...or at least a new level of crazy.  Thanks!

Kilmisters

Squeeeee... Latvians finally got their first medal @ Pyeongchang Olympics - bronze in 2-man bobsleigh event. Thank God. Winter Olympics w/o medals would be a total disaster for us.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, please give K hugs from all of us.

Lizzie, I have a little corn on my right little toe that I file down every now and then. The socks would not stop a corn or callus from forming but it has prevented blisters.

KATS, you can do this! We KNOW it!

DHUFFMAN63, great work on the 30 mile week!

Classes accomplished, Book Club done, taxes done.

Friday was a good yoga class. I relax very well there.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday DC and I went to the gym and I got in a good solid 45 minute run.

Today is my medical insurance company’s home doctor visit. I hope to run outside after that because the temps are really rising even if it is going to be raining.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Gatsby – nice running this weekend!  How was the potluck?  What did you bring?  Oh you can certainly laugh at my adventure – I can laugh now (well, more accurately roll my eyes at my stupidity haha) but in the thick of it I was just cursing.

Lizzie – your class this morning sounds fun!  Hope you got some energy back.  Oh, man, I’ve been there.  Not sure what causes it – it’s like sometimes your body just needs to completely regroup.  And you are completely right – it’s not so much the cold and snow I despise but more how it is constantly impacting my running!  Build and Burn sounds interesting!  What’s on tap for the rest of the day?

Karen – good plan on taking a running rest day yesterday.  Sure hope you didn’t get a migraine!  80s and humid sounds gross.

Diane – look at you killing your workouts!  High five!

Elina – hey, even the energizer bunny needs rest at some point.  You were REALLY burning the candle at both ends for a while there, girl – happy you were able to sleep sleep sleep!!  Congrats on the game, too.  Good luck with your 7.5 later!  Congrats on the LV bronze!

Sue – nice job on the painting AND running.  Are you sore at all?  I would be!

Kat – hey early birdie!  Awww, sorry you are stressing.  Yikes on the snow but highways should clear, right?  Just take it slow and you’ll be okay.  You GOT this!!

Judy – OMG were you ever productive – wowzers.

Mondays are usually my rest day but we have 3-4 inches of snow, wind and falling temps on the way so had to get out there.  7mi with the speedsters.  Oof the legs are toast.  Roads were clear, 20* and getting windy but had a nice tailwind on the return.  Pretty lazy day yesterday.  Found this new show on Netflix called Everything Sucks.  The kind of teeny bopper show I love.  Just a regular Monday over here except I got to park right outside the office which makes me crazy happy!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 18 miles today.  Man, that coach of mine...   At least I can double it, but I am thinking I'll start this afternoon and do it all at once.

At least I'm off today.

Elina, hoping the run went well.  Yay, I saw them go down the mountain and they were a very strong team!

Lizzie, nice run!

Kat, I would wear the same thing for 30 and 46, but maybe bringing a throwaway for the start.

Diane, good luck with your week!

Judy, nice weekend!

Sandy, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wOOHOO!  Got to sleep in a whole 45 minutes and headed to the pool. Baked blueberry scones. Going to knitting and then shopping w a friend. Trying on the wedding dress--wish me luck. I did a test try on with the spanx and actually got them on.  I hope it works with the dress.

Elina--I watched the Latvians on the bob sled and thought of you. Wink Enjoy the time w K.

Have a great Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am back!

Build and Burn whooped my ASS. That class is so hard! It is interval training - with A LOT of super sets - which SUCK. Haha. A lot of weight work and then they break for 2 minute cardio boost. It's non-stop and I feel like jello. Its awesome Smile So, this class is at 8:15 every Monday..so you can guess who goes - moms and older people. No judgement here..but its funny that they come all dressed up with their hair done and makeup done. Here I am hair wet from the run, tape all over my feet and I stunk. LOL. I guess all my deodorant came off during the rainy run. OPPS. Hahaha. I wasn't impressing anyone Smile

Wasn't planning on doing much today, but my mom called and she and my dad will be in town to pick up wine (figures) so we are going to grab lunch. HCBF is working from home today..so not sure if he will be joining or not. Then I have to come home and do some things here. It will end up being a busy day!

Margaret - You are welcome to plan my future wedding!!! Haha. Nice miles yesterday and hope the potluck was fun. I LOVE potlucks. I love food.

Kilmisters - I was watching bobsledding actually! I saw Lativa come up and I was like, Hey! Haha Smile Congrats on your team getting a medal! Pretty freaking awesome Smile Yay on the to-do list being cleared! I always find that once I clear mine it just gets built up again. Good luck on the run later!

Kathryn - Oh girl. I would be freaking out too. DONT! Pack anything you think you would wear. Better to have options. I would honestly stay with what you planned - tights, long sleeve - did you say jacket? I always plan for what it will be like at the end of the race. If that helps? Ahhhh probably not! Sorry you are freaking out. It will be fine, I promise! Maybe bring some hand warmers just in case? I love those things. As for the drive..just take it slow! And don’t hit the brakes. Smile Like Diane said, you can and you will do it!

Diane - Enjoy your rest day! You deserve it. We like to strive people to be crazy! Smile

Judy - Wait, you file down a corn?! NOOOO. I feel like that would be painful! I want it to go away for good. I wonder if it needs to be frozen off. You had a productive weekend! Enjoy your rainy run Smile

Sandy - NICE miles this morning! We are mileage twins today Smile I would have switched my workout days around too if I were you. YAY for awesome parking! It’s the little things you know Smile Lazy days are the best - and I am glad I am not the only one who has felt like they have been hit by a truck for no reason Smile The workouts catch up to you even if you don’t think you are doing much. I did get some energy back today..and soon I will have energy overload. Its almost dancing in the kitchen time Smile Hope your day goes by fast! There are so many people working today that I have been getting a lot of emails from vendors - so, you are not the only one!

Docket - You are going to do 18 on the treadmill? Wow!!! Good luck! How is the hubby doing? Is the surgery next week?

Susan - Oh man you have a fun day planned. Have a great time! I will sit over here and drool on those blueberry scones.

Cathy - Congrats on the 5K!!! Kaitlyn is SO CUTE. I can't wait till she can join the track team! She is going to do awesome.

I am tired of all this rain!!!! Seriously been raining for like, 2 weeks! I dont think we are getting sun until this weekend. Ugh.

Have a great Monday all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  The 5K yesterday was fine, it's the hilliest course in the series.  I warned DD about it, I took her to the course and drove it so she would know what to expect.  She said she would aim to run 11 minute miles, we actually finished in just under 33 minutes.  The last part of the race is a long, weaving uphill leading to a shorter, bigger hill, you can see it coming.  I told her not to look.  A man running near us said "SH**!".  He was running with a woman and telling her that he needed to walk.  DD said she wanted to walk, I thought she could do it so I told her no.  She grabbed my had and I helped pull her along.  Before the race she had made me promise to wait for her and not leave her at the finish.  She said, "We can hold hands at the finish".  Well, she took off and left me behind!     One more race in the series!   My foot was fine during the race but was sore afterwards, a little sore today.  So I will probably just rest it a little more.  I'm not training for anything anyways.  The best thing about my lack of running is my toenail that is normally horrible is pretty much back to normal.  

Elina, good luck on the 7.5!   Congrats to Latvia for the gold medal!

Lizzie, nice run in the rain and nice workout!  Haha, I never did my hair or make-up before working out.  If I'm not working then I don't wear make-up!     I can imagine how mad people will be if you eloped!    Destination wedding would be fun.  DH originally wanted a wedding in the Virgin Islands, I think mainly to avoid the planning.  I did all the planning anyway!    Enjoy the busy day.  I guess anything is better than working.  

Kat, calm down!    All will be OK.

Diane, congrats on the 30 mile week!  You don't strike me as being a lazy person.  

Sandy, nice miles this weekend and this morning!  Wow, your long run sounded like a real adventure.    Earlier they had forecasted an ice storm for us today, now it's downgraded to just a flood watch.  Lots of rain coming, but the temps will be in the 40's.  It was super icy this morning!

Damaris, you have a tough coach.    Good luck on the 18!

Sue, good luck with the wedding dress!  I bet you will be gorgeous in it!

Cathy

LC Runs

Hello Everyone!!

Back from vacation, we got back yesterday late afternoon.  We had such a nice time and of course, I didn't want it to end.  It was nice to have everyone together!  Everyone even got along 90% of the time LOL!  Took today off of work, thank goodness.  I needed a day to de compress and get some things done around here.  Laundry and grocery shopping mainly.

4 morning miles for me.  I ran 3 yesterday evening.  I managed to keep my streak alive during the trip.  The most challenging day was Thursday, we drove to Orlando and back and were gone for 16 hours.  I ran a mile before we left, at 5 am, by running back and forth along the beach.  It was kind of creepy so I didn't want to wander too far away.

Elina - hope you had a good run and your work day wasn't too slow!!

Lizzie -- nice run and that class sounds intense!!  I loved the IG video of HCBF vacuuming out your purse ha ha!!  Enjoy your day off!

Kat - ugh on the bad weather forecast, hopefully it will clear up.  I always worry about the weather when I travel.

Diane - WTG on the mileage this week!!  I still have to do my taxes, too....

Judy - have a great day!!

Sandy - nice run!  Our roads are mainly clear and I sure hope they stay that way (yeah, right LOL).  We're supposed to get rain later today and tomorrow, but it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, crazy!

Damaris - have a good 18 miler!!

Sue - whoo hoo on trying on the dress!!

Cathy - awesome job to you and DD!!  Sounds like a fun mother-daughter bonding day!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, it seems like whenever I check in, it's speedwork day for you Smile But it's probably just confirmation bias. Hey, no class that has ''Burn'' in it's name could ever be easy Big grin As for others wearing makeup and you just being there after the run - reminded me of this - cracks me up 10 times out of 10! Oh, and to-do-list will absolutely explode tomorrow. There's no other way.

Cathy, why would you scare the poor child by showing all the hills in advance!??! Just kidding, great idea Smile Loved the pic of race medal of the series, just one 'stage' left, right?

Kat, I agree w Lizzie, just pack everything. It sometimes weighs a ton but saves some nerves.

Diane, you're absolutely not lazy at all, and you should be proud of yourself Smile Enjoy your rest day, especially w 50k so close!

Sandy, Everything Sucks sounds like, well.... Something that should be found on Monday and no other day. Btw, Minnesota (goddamit, can't ever spell it right, auto-correct all the time!! what do you mean there is no double ''t'' Big grin) Wild is having an early game, leading 4:2 at the moment, and I can't decide what is more exciting - sleep or watching the 3rd period Smile

7.5mi in 23 degrees, I actually panicked and overdressed a bit, but, hey - it's better than freezing out there, right? Day 1 of ''get back out there, you weakling'' completed; just crapload more to go till trail race Smile

Seloc

Slowwwwwwwwww day here.  Though the office just had an Internet bounce.  Well, seems like more a FW error.  Had to reschedule a call because of it.  Lame.  Ready to skidaddle!

Damaris - dang, tough coach you have!    No doubt you will CRUSH that 18.

Sue - mmmmmmm scones.  Shall I PM you my adddress?  hee hee  Sounds like a super fun day off!!

Lizzie - OMG on the ladies with makeup and fancy pants.  That class sounds tough but SUPER fun!!  Hope you got SOME RandR in - after lunch maybe?  Where was lunch?  I love love love going to lunch on weekends/days off but never seem to.  I love it so much more than dinner.  Oh probably that's my gramma status talking....  Hope you get some sunshine soon!!

Cathy - congrats to you and DD on the 5K!!  She did so awesome and what a CUTE picture!!  I can see why she liked that series medal, too, it is pretty neat.  That's pretty funny she dusted ya at the finish.  Hey, how's your new coworker liking it in WI?  Yikes - hope the ice storm stays away but I'll take those 40s!

Laura - welcome home!  Though no doubt you are sorry to be back.  That is so awesome everyone had such a great trip!!  NICE JOB keeping the streak alive - I don't know how you do it.  Oh man, I WISH the roads would just say clear.  But, nope.  Got a few inches today so it'll be a nice greasy sloppy mess.  But 50s?!!! for you?!!!  Oh my gosh, I'm moving in.  You wouldn't notice one more, right?  I'll even do my own laundry!!

Elina - woohoo another mileage twin (well, almost - I don't track to the tenths haha) and temperature twin!!  Hey, I thought of you when I saw the Wild were playing a matinee today.  You can thank all our dead (and alive, too, maybe??) presidents LOL  Did you see the Wild lost in some crazy long shootout against the Ducks on Saturday?  It's all the talk around here.

Snow has stopped.  Looks like only a couple inches - just enough to make everything a sloppy, greasy mess.  Now here comes the wind and cold temps.  Gym day tomorrow for this cat.  Have a good night everyone!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, hopefully there will be no crying involved Friday.  Can't say the same about Saturday though!!!

Judy, hope the visit went well and you got an outdoor run in.

Sandy, glad you got a good, though chilly/windy run in.  Slow days can suck.

Damaris, I would fire that coach.    18?  On a TM?  You will rock it out.  You always do.

Sue, what a FUN day!  Hope it goes well and you find the dress of your dreams.  How wonderful.

Lizzie, isn't it funny when people get all dolled up for exercise!  Thanks for the reminder on hand warmers, I got some today and they are already packed.  GOOD IDEA!  Your day off sounds too busy.  Have a nice time with your folks.

Cathy, great about your DD and the race!!

Laura, glad the trip was enjoyable.  Funny about running back and forth, a true runner!  Great job on keeping the streak alive.

Elina, awesome miles!  I would rather be a titch to warm than freeze my booty off.

So, I am 95% packed.  It was a good idea to do, now I feel prepared for the freezing weather.  Everything fit in the carry on, I think.  Haven't closed it yet, but it doesn't appear to be bulging.  I think I have most everything I need.  Other than running gear, if I need something, there is a Walmart there.

The good thing about stressing over snow along the drive...  It has made me forget what a suckfest (but a beautiful suckfest) the race will be!! Actually, I am less stressed about the snow than earlier.

Shoot, gotta boogie, getting my nails done.

Thanks everyone for telling me to relax!  Appreciated.  Smile

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024