Womens Running

Thinking Thursday (Read 20 times)

Bikerchick1

Post away...

Bikerchick1

I am “thinking” about how I didn’t know there was now 1 space after a period....

Marjorie - Can’t believe that nerve of that woman’s daughter, I guess you wouldn’t expect anything different tho.

Susan - Yay, on the wedding date.  And Congratulations on the granddaughter!!!  What an exciting year for you!

Hi to all!

Home from Florida, it was every bit of what I thought it would be.  What a miserable man.  Luckily my DH takes after his mother. I did get to run once.  Yesterday went out with RB for 6 with 6 100’s (thank you Karen,)

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning, glad this is my "Friday".

2 on the TM and some weight work afterward.  Hope to get some decent miles in this weekend,

Carol - glad you are home and were able to run with RB!  Sorry for the miserable Florida visit.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day. Yes, that's right.

My stupid hamstring hurt when I was just walking yesterday and was still achy this morning so I thought best to rest. UGH. What the heck!  A lot of unhealthy thoughts going through my head. BUT I will not cross train either today because I want this stupid thing to get better. I know its the right thing to do..but combine the unhealthy thoughts with marathon blues and my mind is not a happy place.

I dropped Ruger off this morning and sat there and watched him run out to play. SO. CUTE. Made me smile. I love that little guy!

Tessa – Yes, RVA is just short for Richmond Virginia. I hope you ended up going to the Potluck! Those are the best…we do one in the office for Thanksgiving. You have a really good memory!

Kilmisters – WOOHOO on the great run! Speedy!

Sandy – Okay, how are you not going to run Twin Cities? You are just going to sit back and watch? WHAT?! That would be hard for me to do. Hahaha. Thanks for offering a place to stay! I may take you up on that! Depends if HCBF goes. I get what you mean about Stranger Things. I was scared to go to sleep last night haha. Turkey Trot?! WOOHOO how far is it? We have a local one next week but I think I may be tempted to race it..so skipping it. There is a half coming up near my parents place I may do. I have ran it a couple times and its nothing to write home about – but its one of the few races that my parents can come cheer. We will see how this STUPID LEG is feeling. Hope the tutoring went well! FB tutorial..LOL..my mom is always asking for that. I defriended her. LOL. YES there is a track near me..not one I can run to though. It also is very close to a busy road..so I am worried being out there in the wee hours…safety. One of my gyms has one though (they have several locations in RVA)! That is something to consider.

Margaret – GET BETTER ALREADY! Thanks for the positive thought on the blues. I knew it was coming..just different this time since I am not on the streets yet!

Docket – I am no Coach but I would say go for it. I would be interested to see how I do…I like your approach!

Run4kupcakes – Thanks for the link! I am going to check that out. I did well with the McMillian plan, but interested to see what that one is about.

Karen – WOOHOO on the cancelled trip. Haha. I am sure you are excited! Coach Karen..please tell me I won’t lose my fitness. Biggest fear. This last training plan had me in the best shape of my life! This is just one of the thoughts running through my head. I start new training cycle on Monday and the weekly mileage starts off in the 30's..I want to be healthy when I start but this is HARD!

HuronHeart – Oh you had a fun evening last night!! Hair apt alone is fun Smile I can’t do plants. They die in my hands. Infact, there is one in my office that actually gets treated by a vendor..and I am still killing it somehow. LOL. 40’s and 50’s are my favorite running temps as well!

Carol – Nice run yesterday! Sorry to hear about DH’s father.

Laura – I hate you. Not really but I am jealous that today is your Friday. I considered just calling out tomorrow but freakin baby watch. Are you doing anything fun this weekend?!

Okay. I am going to try and stay busy.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

First world problems today...  Got home a bit late last night (late for me) so slept in this morning and didn't run.  Came in to the office early so I can get out of here early to meet with a woman that is only avail until 3:30.  Just got an email inviting me to the MN Wild game tonight for FREE.  Soooooo, do I go to the game and skip the workout??  If I had known earlier, I could have still run, met with the woman at 8am and come in to work late since the arena is literally next door to my office.  That's the dilemma of the day!!  Ha ha.

Oh - this is how far I got in my plan yesterday.  More work to do LOL

Need to read and then I'll be back for personals...

Kilmisters

Funny, totally miscalculated everything timing-wise, and arrived at the office at 7:10am as security guard had barely managed to unlock the entrance... That was a confused ''good morning'' for sure. Boss even sent an sms saying that when she received daily operational report from me she thought it's 8:29am not 7:29am and that she's late for work, panicked and ran to get her morning coffee. Oh well Smile The candidate was good at analytics software, but the attitude. Long story, but sheeeesh.... I wasn't the first one to notice (why she passed the first two stages if it was so obvious - not sure), so she won't be hired. So still rolling w 4 analysts doing the job of 7.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Just got an email inviting me to the MN Wild game tonight for FREE.  Soooooo, do I go to the game and skip the workout?? 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big grin

Edit: we might have a game vs arch-rivals on Monday. It's goddamn Thursday and we were told TODAY. Not nice.

Edit2: Monday game = supernotnice

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Seloc

Diane – looking forward to pics!

Gatsby – ugh on the rib pop.  Get better already, will ya?!

Tessa – cool about all your Twin Cities pals back in the day.  Yeah, it is pretty funny to have a half here in Jan.  Weather can be interesting for sure.  One year they cut it back to half of a half because it was well below zero.  Then another year I ran it temps were in the 40s and they ran out of water!

Damaris – only advice I have for your 10K is to listen to your coach LOL  Go get ‘em, girl!!

HCK – whoa, nice run in the dark!  Barely any moon this week for sure.

Karen – WOOHOO on change in plans to avoid that drive.  Whew!  That woulda been exhausting.  I’ll be interested to get your take on Hansons.  I’ve read a LOT of people have had success.  I have thought about it but have a hard time getting my head around running only 16mi as longest long run.  I know, 10mi the day before but still.

HH – good idea to stay indoors away from the hunters!  Sounds like a busy but fun night.  I am SOOOOO not crafty.  My sisters keep trying to change that.  When we get together for a weekend, for example, my one sister ALWAYS brings a “project”.  This summer it was painting large-ish pieces of wood red/white/blue and then gluing a piece of thick twine in the top to make them look like three firecrackers.  Was supposed to be for a porch or something.  My ended up at Goodwill last week LOL

Glad I’m not the only one in the two space camp!  The good ol’ electronic typewriters.

Carol – glad you had a safe trip.  Sorry about how hard it must be.  Reminds me of a Ted Talk I just saw – a woman “preparing” for dementia by working on becoming a better person.  Not that your FIL has dementia but the point of the talk was that as we age our true TRUE personalities come out.

Laura – dreadmill AND weights??  I bow to you.  Lucky you on it being Friyay!!

Lizzie – GOOD GIRL for resting!  Super duper proud of you, Chica!!  Push those evil thoughts aside and get out of your head.  You are beautiful, you are strong, you are kind.  My pep talk for the day.  I LOVE how much you love your Ruger buddy.  Oh, I’ll run a fall marathon just not Twin Cities.  I’ll want to be able to cheer you on!  I’m thinking about doing Blue Ox (Bemidji, MN – north where Diana lived) or Mankato (90min south of me).  I like doing new to me races.  But, TCM really is pretty awesome!  And, who knows, maybe I’ll change my mind.  A woman’s prerogative and all LOL.  There is room for both you and HCBF, silly!  Oh, goodness, that Turkey Trot…  It’s a 10K.  NOT all that excited about it cuz it’s either gonna hurt bad or I will be super duper disappointed in my slow time.  It was part of these 4 races I signed up for last April to get the additional quarter zip haha.  Oh!  And I have the Hanson’s book if you want me to send it to you!  Glad I’m not the only one that can’t keep a plant alive.

Elina – awww, sorry the candidate didn’t work out!  But, look at you becoming a morning person.

Okay, Elina gave me permission to go to the game so I just replied to my friend that I am IN!  One more day, peeps (well, for most of us), we can do this!

Kilmisters

Okay, Elina gave me permission to go to the game so I just replied to my friend that I am IN!  

Checked the app, Preds, huh... Tough one...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates, OTF (endurance day, from the looks of it, yay), and 5 miles.

Carol, oh, those 100 strides are lovely.  Glad you managed to run after the trip.

Laura, nice job on the TM run.  Enjoy your "Friday".

Lizzie, ugh at the hamstring.  Hoping it's nothing.  Awwww at Ruger.  He sure loves to go to daycare.

Sandy, if you like the team, go for it!  At least you have a plan going. Smile

Elina, attitude during an interview?  Wow.  LOL at you getting to the office super early when no one was there.  Super Mom!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, thanks for the advice about my runs and speed. Back in ’92 when I first started running, I would go about an hour and 45 minutes, then take off two days and repeat the whole thing. I was doing everything wrong at the time because I just sort of “fell into” running. 

About Wednesday…you know how you get on a roll to do a task and need to keep the momentum going or you’ll put it off? I was doing some purging of paper stuff. At a stopping point I decided to escape and dash down to the park for a run. There were trucks everywhere, working on leaf cleanup so I went to the back area where they had already finished. I got in a good 50 minutes.

Today I want to go to the park again, then grocery. OOO! It looks windy.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Morning, all! Riley has been dropped off at daycare, laundry has been started. I'm thinking about doing a little exploring on my run, which will happen once I finish my coffee. There is an apartment complex down the main busy road from here, and I saw on Strava that a guy that apparently lives there often runs to our neighborhood and around and then back. Sometimes he runs back and forth on the busy road. I'm thinking around 9 or 10 am the busy road may not be so bad to run on (it does have nice, wide shoulders, unlike most roads around here). And after looking at google maps, it looks like there's a nice neighborhood with lots of room to run two stoplights down (a little over a mile from my neighborhood). So I might venture down the big, scary road. One cool thing about an area that's always building and growing is finding new places to run.

So glad we're not driving this weekend. Of course now I'm online looking at Turkey Trots. Since I haven't been racing as much as usual (the Saturday group runs make that harder to do), I kinda one do one. There's a 5 miler in The Woodlands that looks nice. Speedy though, don't think I'd place in my AG, but would be fun anyway.

Liz, you are not losing fitness!!! You put your body through a very tough thing, and it needs time to repair. Resting and letting things get better is actually making you stronger. I know it's tough, I really do, but trust me, you are going to be even stronger for the next one. Assuming you stay smart and take a few days to recover, that is. I love that Ruger loves daycare. I thought of him this morning when I dropped Riley off, and I took his leash off and he went running full speed to the back door where the "bigs" play. No "bye mom" or anything. Makes me happy to see him happy. Wait, you defriended your mom? You crack me up.

Carol, I feel your pain on the FIL. I'm also glad my DH takes after his mom. Occasionally when he gets all upset and angry, I just call him "Leonard" and he realizes he's being a jerk and knocks it off. Nice run, I like doing the 100s at the end of a run.

Laura, happy Friday to you! I need some good mileage this weekend too. I've already reached my annual mileage goal I set for the 2017 game here, but since my team is still in it, I need to pull my weight!

Sandy, that is progress on the plan! I've used Hansons once and got a big PR. That was during the time I was getting a PR every time, no matter what plan I was using. It works but it's not easy. I actually started using a higher mileage plan of theirs (and with higher weekly mileage, you do hit 20 or more miles as a long run) when I got PF. I don't think it was the plan that did it, but I've had trouble giving them another try after that. I'm trying to decide what to do about training for Boston, thinking about getting a coach for myself. I'll just be a pass through and take the money I make from others and give it to someone else. Who will most likely pass it on to his/her coach. And so on. Oh, have fun at the game!!

Elina, I am totally laughing at you and your boss this morning. Wow, last minute on the game scheduled.

Damaris, I decided to wait one more day after my half to go back to OTF. But today is endurance day? Dang it! I like endurance and power days, hate the strength days.

Judy, I started running about 15 years after you and looking back, I was doing it all wrong too! Maybe that's one reason I like helping new runners so much now. I feel like there are a lot more resources out there (or at least hey are easier to find), but when you're new, you don't know what's good information and what's not, or even where to look.

Okay, coffee is finished and hopefully traffic has died down a little. Time to check out the big road.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh my what a morning already.  Pinelands is out for me.  The AC/Heater fix was $800, my car's deductible was $500, the rest of the little house payment was $10,000 and to top it off I found out this morning that DD's husband is coming with us.  When she said "us" I thought she was talking about her and GD.  So now I have to get a hotel for 8 nights in Biloxi cause no way am I putting my 80+ year old parents through hosting 3 adults and 1 child.  So that will be a $1000 trip. I'm taking my running gear cause I'll need it. Gotta smile.

Carol, how awful that you had to endure that.  Glad your DH is a nice one.

Lizzie, it may not help but check out tinybuddha.com.  I got their gratitude journal and altho I sometimes think it's hokey it does produce some good thoughts.  Altho sometimes I just can't find any gratitude...lol so I watch funny cat or dog videos.

Laura it's my Friday too.  Yay for early Friday's.

Sandy they have a big turkey trot up in Joplin but no way would I do that...there's way too many people.  Nice plan.  I'm just going to use the ones I have and make a few adjustments related to speed work.

Elina, I hear you on attitude.  If my co-worker left I'd be very anxious as to who they replaced him with.  We get along great so it'd be hard.

Karen, nice you avoid the drive.  I'm afraid I can't...lol.  At least with SIL coming along we have a male just in case we need one

Kathy/HH, one reason I bought a bright orange top is the hunters but I still tend to stay indoors this time of year cause they can be stupid.

Margaret, get well soon.

Hi everyone.  I need to get some work done (lol).

dhuffman63

Trails

I have to laugh...I lost my wedding ring a month or so ago as I took it off cause of the cut on my knuckle from the fall at PH.  So DH and I were looking on line for a replacement and found a neat one with a celtic dragon.  I ordered it and lo and behold I found my other one.  I like the new one better so when it came in it was in one of those ring boxes so jokingly I asked DH if he wanted to propose.  So he gets on his knee and asked if I will continue to be his wife.  I had to laugh and threw my arms around him and shrieked YES.  I have hope again.

Quick 3 miles this morning and caught up on core.

Tired of working late!!!  Hoping I am close to wrapping this up. Getting stuff ready to print now.

Yay Diane!! Smile  When are you going to be in OS? Let me know if you want to try and meet up for a walk or run.  Last time you were here we didn't get to visit much.

I caved and ordered INB capris....Merry Christmas to me! I always splurge and get myself something Smile