Womens Running

It's going to be a WET ONE WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thats what she said. LOL - I am cracking myself up over here.

No really, we are in for rain for the next 6 days. Anyone else in for crappy weather weekend?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me this morning. This ends me at 61 miles for the week!!! WOOHOO. Mileage PR!! Heading to a 30 minute core class around 8.

Great run this morning. Did not feel like I ran 22 miles yesterday! Calves, feet, legs..everything felt awesome. I ran sans headphones so I could workout some work stress. Helped a lot..but did make my to-do list a little longer Wink Anywho, really happy with the runs this week and happy to be now in taper! Woohoo! I am getting excited for the race!

Dinner was SO. GOOD. last night. I forgot how much I loved french toast. YUM.

I woke up in a panic twice this morning thinking I had to go to work and deal with this audit crap. Ugh! Hate that.

Hair apt today. Excited because I think I finally decided to go lighter..I know I am going to want to by Spring time so might as well start now. It will take some time since I am so dark. I need to cut some dead ends off too...$$$$$$. Having lunch with my parents before! Then hopefully relaxing at home tonight.

Laura - awe, Laura. Hang in there!! Nice runs the past couple days and I know you are looking forward to your vacation. MUCH NEEDED!! Glad I am not the only one with stomach problems.

Tessa - OMG you had an incident during your run?! How awful!!! I have had some close calls myself. LMAO - abandoning shift. LOL at that timeline! Wow!!

Run4kupcakes - Glad the foot is still feeling ok. I guess that means it isn’t anything too serious.

Margaret - Nice miles yesterday and good luck on the 10 today! Geez, 10 after a 50K HOW?! I did NOT think about that about stinky guy. Maybe we just don’t know his situation. I think I am going to just do a full highlight today! I know I am going to want to go lighter in the Spring..so may as well start now. Hair apts are exciting Smile

Off to change real quick for abs class! Happy Weekend!

dhuffman63

Trails

Got my 5 in last night, 6 today then 10 on Sun.  I've decided since I tend to have appt's on Sats that I'll just do my LR on Sundays.  We had french toast last night too!  We played UNO also.  Friday night is going to be game night cause there's never anything on TV and it's a nice way to relax from the week, spend time together.

Kat Tuni is cute but poor girl in the bunny costume. I have a winter coat for Chuckie but he HATES it.

Lizzie your stomach problems could be too much sugar?  Mine stem from dairy so I've cut that almost all the way out but every now and then something has cheese in it. There's a new gel out there that's supposed to be better but I've not tried it yet.  I'll have to remember the name and let you know.

I'll have to catch up later...have some coffee to drink. 

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - You are cracking me up, too .  Nice job on your mileage! Enjoy your day Smile

Laura - We are heading to Florida next Friday Smile.  Won’t it be nice to see some green grass!!!

Tessa - sorry about your “incident” Sad One of my RB’s has donated more than one pair of undies to the woods...

What’s up with all the foot issues????  I am so “OVER” mine.......interesting my RB and I both switched to Brooks Levitates and we are both having issues, in the same area!  Mine really was bad after Austin, but I have been stretching, icing, resting, and think it is getting better.  My big concern was a stress fx, I was going to go to Sports Med guy if it wasn’t getting better this week, but is improving.

Off to run..

Hi to all!  Hope to check back later Smile

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Off to work, fill in day, blech.

Posted pics of Tuni last night.  One from FB was easy, one from TinyPic was sideways and can't get it to rotate.  I don't want to always upload photos to FB in order to post them here.  Any other suggestions??

TIA.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Thunderstorms this morning cancelled the group run. We were meeting at 7, so of course the rain stopped around 7:15. I'll go out for a few miles in a bit, then down to pick up my packet for tomorrow's race, which might really suck because there are potential thunderstorms and colder weather in the forecast for tomorrow morning. I am annoyed but okay with bad weather for running races, but do not feel good about cycling on wet roads and cold. Sigh.

Liz, I rarely eat french toast, yet I've had it twice in the last month. And I would eat it again if there were some in front of me right now. Fantastic week of running for you. I am sorta tempted to break out of my comfort zone 1-2 times/year haircut and go to a "real" hair person.

Diane, game night sounds fun. My DH refuses to play games, so I only get to play when I'm home visiting my family or occasionally at a neighbors.

Carol, glad your foot is starting to feel better. Interesting about the shoes, I wonder if that is the culprit.

Kathryn, I've always used tinypic here. Only once has it turned my picture sideways, and I can't remember if I then just posted it sideways (probably) or if I rotated the picture and then uploaded it again.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot my exciting news. Tax refund deposited into our account overnight. We normally pretty much break even, but DH didn't change his withholding amount when I quit working in March, so we got a nice big refund. Of course I already spent some of it with plane tickets to Boston and Minneapolis.....I should buy more things before DH uses it to get his Corvette paint fixed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  8 miles for me tonight.  My cough has my stomach up in arms, though.

Lizzie, nice run and mileage!

Diane, nice 5.  Good luck with the weekend miles.

Carol, enjoy the run!

Kat, I just posted on that thread. I keep an album in FB (private, only seen by me) for that purpose only.  The other methods people use to upload pics are too cumbersome and time consuming, so this one works best for me.

Karen, enjoy the miles and nice refund.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Sue, junk food ban? Have there been any betting odds published on how long it's going to last? Big grin (Sorry, just had to). Great commitment!

Lizzie, I think you need some cake, then beer, then french toast and if all of that doesn't work then yes... Vacation Smile Good job ignoring the scale. I stepped on one not long ago, got scared by the number it showed and just... Yes... Screw it Big grin As for taper... You seem to be avoiding taper-madness.... So far Smile

Diane, nice miles recently!!

Laura, hang in there! TM miles are better than no miles Smile

Margaret, ha, w Trump in charge it's surprising there hasn't been a major government shutdown for whatever reason. Then again, what do I know about US and politics.

Tessa, the timeline made me laugh... Such a miserable planning. How on earth could it happen, meaning - that no one realized it's going to end up being such disaster?

Kat, omg, Petunia looks adorable... But just like the type of dog that would bark non-stop at innocent runner Smile Then again, it's just the attitude they all seem to have.

The game was ugh today. Loss in a dramatic game. Honestly, tired of the losing streak we're currently on. The team is not bad and effort is there. Just that kind of season I guess. It will be tough to defend bronze medals but I hope we will get our crap together.

Wasn't in my best shape, but that was nothing surprising given the week/sleep I had and the (lack of) recent miles. Didn't make the best decisions either so generally disappointed in myself. A lot.

The worst part - jumping in front of the opposition forward to block the shot, and ending up - directly, without any deflections - blocking the damn thing w my nose. Slap shot from about 3 feet. Stayed on the ground for a minute or two (initially just to make sure they would stop the game thus the attack; but few seconds later feeling dull pain), then thinking the worst has kind of passed tried to get up, got slightly dizzy and saw lots of blood on the floor. No signs of concussion, but holy crap, it was awful.

...just one of the not so good days... Hoping tomorrow's game and next working week (which I am trying to not think about now) goes better.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, oww! Sorry about the nose shot. Nosebleeds are miserable.

I don't know who planned (or didn't plan) the schedule, but I'm sure the planners got an earful. The only people who were happy were the bicyclists. They got to park close and their riding wasn't impeded.

Carol, glad to know I'm not the only one who has sacrificed undies to the running gods.

Liz, it's in the 30s and drizzly here (Texas) but going back to hot, dry, and windy, with fire alert conditions.

Karen, next time I see you, remind me to bring the Scrabble board! And my SIL who adores Scrabble.

Friend with whom I'm staying and I did 4.5 this morning. Now running around getting ready to leave. SW has changed the flight time twice, once pushing it 2 hours later, then moving it up by 30 minutes. We do not want to take any chances.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ahhhhh, I'm done and home.  Got out only 20 minutes late, not bad considering it was a stupid day.  FOUR vomiting dogs, just on my schedule!  WHAT?  Since I am the "extra" Dr, I get all the walk in/fit ins.  Thank you very much...

Lizzie, your French Toast pic looked SO yummy, glad you enjoyed it.  Good luck with the hair today, hope you get it to a color you want.  Summer definitely calls for blondes.

Diane, Tuni seems to tolerate her sweaters just fine,  She doesn't put up a fuss, just looks pathetic at the costumes.  Good luck on your 10 tomorrow.

Carol, glad the foot is improving.

Karen, bummer on the group run, but wahoo on the tax refund.  Those are nice.  Hope you get/got a nice run in.

Damaris, thanks for the tip on pictures.  I never really knew you could make it private on FB.  Wish I knew that a long time ago...

Elina, I don't know if she would bark at a runner or not.  She is pretty timid, kinda dumb, vacant stare...  Love her, but she ain't right!  
                        OUCH on the nose, saw the pic on FB.

Tessa, good luck getting home.

I have absolutely nothing to add.  Typical lately.  Gonna go nap, this getting up early crap is for the birds.

K

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, as soon as I posted I threw up, then had diarrhea and then fever. No idea what I got but hubby went to get me soup because I have not eaten a thing today.  Feeling tired but a bit better than when my stomach was pumping itself out, lol. So, no run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh no Damaris.  Feel better.  Hope it passes quickly.

Docket_Rocket

Soup went down well but I have been basically napping all day. Hoping it goes away quickly for sure!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Long day. Raining all day..and when I say raining - I mean DOWNPOUR. ALL. DAY. Ugh. Driving up to my parents (40 miles on the interstate) was a mess. People can't drive in the rain. Anyway, lunch was good. Always good to see my parents - and my grandpa was there, too. He is staying the weekend with my parents. My mom told me that her "scope" (for the not swallowing issue) is at the end of the month. Hoping that provides some answers.

Hair turned out awesome!!! It is like a golden brown. LOVE LOVE. Chopped off my rat tail so we are good. LOL. My hair grows into a "V" in the back. I am trying not to cut it..I have been trying to grow it for 2 years and I feel like it has gotten NO WHERE. Geez. Funny, doesn't take long to grow back on my legs! Why not my head?! Smile

Lounging with HCBF. He went and got salmon. He's cute. Oh, speaking of that..my mom asked me if I wanted to take some leftover lunch to my "husband". Does she know something I dont? Wink

Diane - Funny you had French toast too last night. LOVE it. Love the idea of game night, too! Nice miles! Yes, let me know the name of the gel if you remember. I really think my GI problems might have something to do with the eggs I’m eating throughout the week. I have been eating more than usual lately. Been having cravings for egg sandwiches for dinner! Ha. Hope you had a great long run tomorrow.

Hi Carol! Glad your foot is improving. Are you going to return the shoes? Brooks is pretty good about that..even if you don’t like them within 90 days you can still return them.

Kathryn - Love when you post pics of your pups Smile SO CUTE. So, you are done with the clinic now, right? Do they know that you aren’t going to accept the position? Sorry for all the pukey dogs Sad

Karen - Going to the salon can make you feel real good Smile Just saying Smile UGH on the weather tomorrow! Hopefully the thunderstorms stay away. HCBF refuses games also Wink AWESOME on the tax refund!! It pays (literally) to file early.

Docket - Oh no!!!! I hope whatever you have passes quickly. Sad Sad  I heard someone else having something very similar. Doesn’t sound fun Sad

Kilmisters - You know what Elina, you are right - I need some cake! Maybe tomorrow Smile Smile No taper madness yet because I haven’t yet started the taper. Monday Smile So the madness will come. I am so sorry about todays game Sad Sorry for the shot to the face, too! Ugh. It was just a bad game..tomorrow will be better! They can’t all be great. Cake? Beer? I will share my cake if you want. And I don’t even make that offer to HCBF.

Tessa - I hope your flight was on time and you got home safely!

Good luck tomorrow, Karen!!

Have a great night all!