Mondailies Blew In (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I dashed out to the trail for a short run…25 minutes. The Great Blue Heron was standing by the water. Such a dignified bird!

Saturday was SDO so DC and I took a day trip to another part of the state and walked a lot.

Sunday Buddy and I did 80 minutes out the trail. Ospreys were visible and a bunny. Canada Geese were guarding their cute little goslings.

Errands had piled up, so I got them done. One errand was to the grocery where among other things I picked up some brand X window cleaner. When I got home, the power was off so I was busy getting the frozen treats into the fridge freezer. I have a chest freezer and wanted it to stay closed while the power was off. I left the cleaner in its bag right by the door and continued to get other food kept cool to adjust to the power situation. Later when I had a chance to get to the cleaner I discovered that the cleaner had all leaked out into the bag and onto a rug, thereby needing another trip to the store. It was in the 90’s here. Ick!

Today is another 90° day so I will exercise early. Volunteer work sometime this week. Hopefully today. It is cooler down there.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9 miles for me. Abs tonight.

Ah yes, Summer..when you are getting dressed for work and sweating at the same time. 72 degrees out there this morning 70 dewpoint. The next two days are supposed to be extremely hot and humid. Blah. Considering how awful the temp was..the run wasn't that bad. I actually had to check myself a couple times to slow down. I dunno..maybe I was extra hydrated or something. Not sure what I am doing miles wise this week so I did 9 today in case I decide to go for the 50mpw. Training starts next week at 40mpw. I guess that can be considered a cut week Smile

Yesterday was fun! We had a good time. It was the first time we have seen everyone since we got engaged, so lots of celebrating to do. We also asked his sisters and brother in law's to be in the wedding. They were excited. Smile

My brother and SIL decided to come down this coming weekend. No babysitting this time! Phew. I had to change some dinner plans I made with my best friend - I am hoping she can do lunch instead. I want to ask her to be my MOH!!

Sigh. Why does it have to be Monday? At least Mammel is out of town for 2 days!

Sandy – OMG your sister!!! Is she okay??? Nice miles yesterday and bike ride! That is hot! We have the weather warnings today.

Kilmisters – WOW nice run yesterday!! Laughing about the garbage bin for post run ice bath. HMMMM..I may have to look into doing that.

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! Go you for doing some speedwork..I was going to attempt some today but UGH TOO HOT! I hear Wave Rider also too..and you are right – the Ghost seem heavier.

Karen – Holy crap nice miles!! I hope you didn’t chafe in your..ahem…LOL. I remember our conversation before Houston Marathon and how I should try to go no underwear. That was dumb of me to try at that particular race. OH MAN THE CHAFE. LOL. Are you ready to see your parents this weekend?!

Docket – Nice TM run!!

Cathy – I am anxious to hear how DD did!!

Judy – Oh NO on the cleaner!! But seriously, no power?! No AC?!?! I hope it came back on??

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 7 miles and weights.  We'll see if I hear from the shop and whether the car is ready.  Perfect timing would be tomorrow night so I can pick it up Wednesday on my way to court.

And if I don't hear from Seattle today, I assume I didn't make it to the second set of interviews.

Judy, enjoy the early run.

Liz, nice 9.

Damaris

Seloc

Rest day for me.  Good timing because storms were (and still are) moving through.  Plus, it's completely gross out there!  Never went to see my sister yesterday - she said she was too busy with Drs and such.  I guess she gets to go home today.  So, LOTS of Prime watching!  OMG I'm addicted to Goliath!  Thank you Liz and Karen!  Based on the name, it's not something I would have even look at.  I'm weird.  Almost through Season 1 - yep, LOTS of watching yesterday LOL

Damaris - nice miles yesterday!  Hope the timing of the car pick up works for you.  Hmmmm I wouldn't give up hope, yet, re: Seattle.  Sometimes that stuff takes seemingly FOREVER!  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Judy - oh no on the power outage and cleaner!  Ugh.  Super frustrating especially in the heat and humidity.

Lizzie - awwww sounds like an awesome day yesterday!  How many attendants are you guys planning? Did you find out if you got your date?  So many questions   Awesome miles this morning - dang, girl, even in that awful weather.  I'll start praying to the weather gods for perfect temps for TCM!  Cuz if you are this speedy now just IMAGINE what October will bring!!  Okay, wait, you wear underwear??  With a liner??  Hooray for 2 days without the Mammel!!

Karen - there's my hero again getting in 14 big ones yesterday!  Wowzers!  Yep, chafe is inevitable.  Well, at least for me as I'm one sweaty cat.  Hopefully this nasty weather skidaddles before your trip this weekend!

HCK - thanks for posting the pic of the tape player.  Made me laugh.  It looks ummmm very 90s LOL

Elina - nice hot miles for you yesterday!  Sounds like a pretty nifty ice bath contraption you got going on.

Ahhhh Monday.  Sigh.

Ugh Monday.

I took off this afternoon to sew, but looks like I will be painting instead.  Sad Yesterday we found out one of the exterior doors had rusted through at the bottom. Odd size, will have to order. Decided to have our contractor just replace the entire unit. He's coming today. Hope he can do it this month. Would be nice to have a fresh new door before my family comes in July.

I was removing chipping paint from the front door frame and DF decided every.spec.must.go. so he is working on that. The door frame is metal, and the house is almost 70 years old.  I just wanted to brush it and slap new paint on....but no! lol

Group power class this morning. Still shaking.

Judy--bummer on the spill.

Have a great day!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, our house was very 1990s when we got it. OMG, the wallpaper. I'm sure it was all the rage back then, but it had to go. We do still have some in the foyer-- gold background with stripes and paisley print.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!    Whew, busy weekend.  DD's trail race was muddy!  Besides that it was hot and humid.  We had a lot of rain the night before so there was standing water on the course.  Many shoes were lost.    One of my RB's wear's Vibram minimalist shoes, they were sucked off early in the race so she just ditched them and ran almost 6 miles barefoot!  She's the only one I know that could do that.  DD ran with another RB, he is coming back from a knee injury.  They ran fairly slowly, she also said that she had a side stitch.  He mentioned after the race that she told him that she missed running with her mom.  Aww.  The next one is in a couple of weeks, I may have to do it with her.  She said that she could do it herself, but maybe I should run with her while she still wants to run with me.  And I can keep up with her.    7 miles for me yesterday morning, 77 and 88% humidity (70 dew point) at 7 AM.  It was a one hour 18 minute long run.  I have to say, having an exact time to run was kind of nice mentally, I didn't have to worry about running a certain mileage.  I just kept my effort even and in the right HR zone instead of stressing about my (slow) pace.  A good reminder that your body doesn't know pace, it knows effort.  

Judy, nice sightings on the trails!

Lizzie, I'm glad Emerson is OK!  We had your weather this weekend.  It's supposed to cool down here though!  Nice running!  Enjoy the break from Mammel.  You have never changed a diaper before?  They are not bad until they start eating solids.  Then beware!    My sister's fiance had a traumatic first time experience helping my sister change DD's diaper.  

Damaris, my friend that moved to Miami posted on FB "Enjoy your heat advisory, Milwaukee.  Down in Miami we call it Sunday".  Haha.  Sorry about the car accident.  That sucks!  Crossing my fingers that you hear from Seattle!

Sandy, marathon TV weekend, eh?    Nice running in that slop!  One of my RB's ran Grandma's this weekend.  Sounds like it was miserable weather for it!  Goliath sounds interesting.  But I don't want to get sucked into watching TV.    Next weekend I am on call and DH will be out of town.  But the kids are home.  I'm guessing the show is not appropriate for kids.    What is this about Lizzie's underwear?    I hope your sister is OK.

Sue, is DF a perfectionist?  

Karen, nice miles this weekend!  Ouch on the chafing.  I am guessing that your DH is like mine, so you could have gotten away with telling him that you did tell him about the trip to Quincy but he forgot about it.  

Kupcakes, that is a nice tape deck.    Nice intervals in the heat!

Elina, haha, picturing you in your ice bath.    The neighbors use a large bin as a pool for their kids.

Margaret, nice miles this weekend!  Sounds like awesome weather.  Bored with your coastal trail?  

Kat, nice that you got out this weekend!

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Oh, I forgot to mention, one of my RB's brought his in-laws to do the 5K as their first race ever.  They are in their 80's.  They had a blast.  His MIL was adorable.  She walked the race but jogged as she got to the finish line.  Everyone cheered for her and she literally pranced across the line with a huge grin on her face.  She got an AG first medal and was SO pleased.  When we told her that she could get an AG medal she said, "Oh, I don't care about the medals.  Just kidding, I would love a medal."  Really cute!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cathy, haha. I was thinking the same thing.  Heat advisory?  We don't have those unless it gets to like 100+. Smile  Ouch at the rain.

Sandy, enjoy the rest!

Susan, I feel the same way about Mondays.  Hoping the painting goes well. Serve a beer for you while painting; it helps.

HCK, I can imagine that hell of coming into a 1990s wallpaper.  It would have taken me to my high school years, shudder.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Lizzie, the worst thing about these temps is that air conditioning in the office is turned to max, and then you go outdoors... Bam... Africa! Big grin Enjoy the absence of mammel!

Cathy, you are right - run w DD while you can still catch her Smile She has lots of determination to put in training for her age.

Karen, wow, nice pic of that Peru fan! Sad that they lost, deserved at least a draw.

Sandy, enjoy your rest day!

Rather annoying situation at work. New store is supposed to open on Thursday, but there is a risk it might be delayed, as I was told by real-estate development department (legal issues). When I told this to marketing (2 days before opening a leaflet is distributed to nearest households), the lady called sales guy, who said that the store will 100% be opened. In this situation, tho, real estate guys know the situation A LOT better. When I spoke about this w boss, she did the same - called to sales guy, who confidently confirmed Thursday as opening day, and that's it. I mean, if the leaflet will be sent out and people will come for the opening and, uhm, there will be no opening - fail. Frustrating. At least boss heard the sales guys comment, so if there is no opening on Thursday, I will put my biggest ''I tried to warn you, now I don't care'' face on. Hopefully it won't be the case tho.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Read the weekend thread but did not get a chance to post. Also did not get much running in. 4.25 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. That's what happens when you have to leave the house at 7:15 both days -- fruit pick on Saturday, early service on Sunday.

Ugh to all those dealing with the awful heat in most of the country. For once we are cooler -- effect of TS Bud blowing up from Cabo, that pulled in all the cold air from the Pacific. 54 this morning. No throwing of things please. It is heating up quickly.

Judy, sympathy on the cleaner. So now you have lovely clean carpets?

Susan, I would suggest next time you want to do something like strip paint off surfaces, pick a time when DF is out on a voyage.

Kat, Bandera, that sounds like a good one!

Sandy, if you are stripping down in the garage, I do hope none of your neighbors' garage doors are on the same frequency. I once pulled into the driveway and hit the opener, only to find that DH had just finished a project and was depositing all his soiled clothes in the washing machine before running into the house to the shower. He did not expect the garage door to swing up and reveal him in the buff for all the world to see. Good thing we have a long driveway so he wasn't that easily visible from the street as he streaked towards the door...

Cathy, aww how cute on the couple in their 80s! I did not know people still wore Vibrams, but I'm guessing a few diehards are still running in them. Ouch on barefoot. That's a lot of rocks and thorns to run over.

Kupcakes, I think wallpaper is one of the ways you can track the decades' worst excesses. I grew up seeing houses where people had put up velvet wallpaper with gold flocking. Shades of Gilded Age bordellos!

Damaris, hope the car is ready and that you hear back from Seattle about a second interview.

Elina, decisions decisions...which match to watch? Did you hear that when Mexico beat Germany on Sunday the celebrations in Mexico City registered on the seismometers?

And on the ice bath, sensible move. Garbage cans are waterproof and tall/skinny. One woman who used to post on RWOL described the scene when she took one of the bins in the back yard, dumped in a couple of bags of ice, ran the hose to fill it to hip level, and climbed in. Her 6 year old stepson thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. "Aimee took a BATH in the GARBAGE!"

3.2 this morning, including a bunch of strides. 2 lamp posts fast, 2 lamp posts slow. Then I missed my bus because I spent too much time playing with the kittens while cleaning their box and feeding them breakfast. They are getting to the stage when they know the door is going to open and they are ready to dash out as soon as the door cracks open. Little opportunists. Good thing they usually turn around as soon as they hear the noise of a cat food can opening and a spoon on the plates! Dwight is still having tummy problems, he was all set to be indignant when I dabbed some Vaseline on his sore little bum then he realized it felt better. Dixie and Dizzy are sweeties. Domino is the biggest and a bit of a bully, we also noticed he is missing two toes on his right hind paw -- apparently the condition is called syndactylism and it doesn't appear to be bothering him much, though he has a funnier skitter than most kittens. I will ask the vet to look at it when we bring the kittens in for the next batch of shots. I'm hoping it might actually get him adopted faster if someone thinks "aww poor kitten with the deformed paw, he deserves a break!"

We picked over 3 tons of oranges on Saturday morning at the Huntington Library in Pasadena. Amazing what 50 people can do working together!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Good luck on the 7! I hope you hear about the job! I have my fingers and toes crossed!

Sandy  -Awe, happy your sister is doing okay! YAY glad you like Goliath!! We have only watched one episode 1 of season 2 so far. I have a weird thing for Billy Bob..LOL..I think it’s the badass attitude. Attendants – do you mean bridal party? 5 on each side. If you mean people coming to the wedding..ugh I have to put together a tentative guest list! BLAH! We should hear about the date either today or tomorrow. My mom is calling them today..so..fingers crossed. Never too many questions silly Smile My co-worker was asking me about how I want my makeup and stuff. I was like HUH?! I didn’t even know I had to get it done. LOL. I will NOT be going for a sub 4 at TCM haha. NOPE. A PR would be nice..but I will wait for the sub 4’s. I don’t want to crash and burn like I did at Fargo. OH yes..I wear a thong when I run! LOL. Karen and Kathryn were giving me a hard time Smile

Susan – I am not going to lie..your door painting sounds like a nightmare.

Cathy – When I read that DD said she missed running with you – I said “AWWW” so loud Smile  I say do the next one with her Smile . I have seen people barefoot running..no thanks. Nice job on the long run! Was your foot feeling better this weekend? We are supposed to drop humidity by Wednesday. I hope. Even a little bit would help. NO Goliath is not appropriate for kids Smile  AWW your RB’s inlaws sound really cute Smile

Kilmisters – I hope the store opening isn’t delayed!!! Have a good recovery run today!

Long day. Ready to get abs over with and go home and relax. It is soo hot outside. I took Ruger to daycare today since today is HCF and I's long day...I hope he didn't get mad when they threw him in the pool to cool him off (its a baby pool) ! Smile

Have a good evening all! Stay cool! Going to be another warm run tomorrow.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Tessa – I am throwing things at you virtually because of your awesome weather. I had to laugh about your DH and the garage! WOOPS! Velvet wallpaper?! WHAT?! I have never seen that! Awwww I would be late for work if I was fostering kittens too Smile Awe, poor Domino! Wow, that’s a lot of oranges. That can be considered cross training Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

It is impossible to describe just how 1990s the wallpaper is. For your viewing pleasure, our foyer. The wallpaper is not strippable, so unless we go to sell, it can stay. This is actually the least painful of the wallpaper. Several rooms had flower print. Little teal or white flowers (teal on white or white on teal), all flowers in diagonal rows. If you looked at it long enough, you could get dizzy.

And up close: