Womens Running

Throughout Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

...we will think of Friday.

Marjorie-it was the popliteus muscle that she said she worked on... when she was done the pain behind knee was gone.  still other in front but was first time that it was gone.  when I go back tomorrow I'll ask for specific work that I can do to strengthen that muscle. Ideas? as it is I'm there for over 2 hours each time. one of the other ladies in my office started PT for something and she's complaining about them kicking her butt... I think it's great!! perspective I guess.

Off to gym for some easy cardio.

Yeah Tigers! :-)

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, that sounds so encouraging about the muscle work helping the pain!

Wednesday a friend and I did a 45 minute hike out in the woods right after a hard rain. We do 8 hikes every fall during the hiking program season in this area. This was number 5 hike.

Today I go back to the gym and cardio. In addition, I need to start a big crock pot of soup.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Lisa - glad the knee is feeling better!

Judy - I love soup and chili this time of year Smile

4.6 miles this morning, really nice outside, calm, dry and nearly 50 degrees!

Have a great day, Everyone!

ginnyb

3 great miles again this morning....huge Harvest moon, I think that is what it is......absolutely Huge and orange on the horizon about 5:30 this morning.  Last night when I saw the moon it was just normal, so I was surprised to see it as it was this a.m.

Lisa....so glad the knee is feeling a bit better.  next year, you and I Detroit, count on it!  I will still do Half though I think.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, tell the lady that if the PT is kicking her butt she should complain. They're not supposed to kick the patients...

glad yours is helping, even if you are still having issues.

Ginny, I think this month is hunter's moon, but I could be wrong. September is harvest, then hunter's moon when the crops are in and the animals have less vegetation to hide in and they come to the fields to eat what didn't get harvested and stored. Still KWYM, big bright moon!

Judy, enjoy the hikes.

5 this morning with RN. I considered going for a few more by myself afterwards, but opted not to. Working from home today, after the fall incident yesterday I think it's better. DH fell trying to get out of his recliner by himself and lay on the floor for some time before my mum summoned the hospice people and they got DH up and back into the wheelchair. DS has class in the middle of the day.

I may do a second run before choir practice.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa you can't strengthen that muscle. It isn't one that we work on for strength. But strength for hamstrings and adductors are important to balance the area.

12.5 for me again.  Then several calls. Now just a normal day.

Judy, yum soup!

no moon to see for me Ginny. Was cloudy so didn't see it

sorry on the fall Tessa. It has to be so frustrating. At least hospice could help.

Waves to everyone.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Tessa....you were right, it is the Hunter's Moon!  Looked it up, very interesting

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

I finished my race report over lunch. I'd copy and paste here but I need to get back to reading about our certified installer program....exciting stuff.

But you can read it here: http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/2013/10/mohawk-hudson-river-marathon-did-i.html

And I'll be back after work.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Behind again but I'M BACK AT WORK.  Been busy all day which is GREAT! Joking

8 miles with 6 X 2 min @ HMP pace done this morning.  I think all this psoas pain is really my fibroids.  Not much pain during the run but I can feel them making my life miserable.  Time for that sonogram the doctor wanted to do.  It explains a lot.  The first time I got this pain 5 years ago, we thought it was appendicitis.  It's that bad.  So, DNFing Chicago was the right thing.

Lisa, morning!  Well, afternoon too!

judy, enjoy the gym and cardio.  Soup, yum.  Which type?

LC Runs, nice run and nice weather!

Ginny, I noticed the moon as well this morning.  Nice run.

Tessa, sorry about your husband's fall.  Nice run.  Hope you get another one tonight.

Marjorie, nice run as usual.

Karen, I'll read the RR tonight.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille from yesterday so glad you had a good time and liked the carriage ride. They are wonderful. I love to run the bridge too.

Marjorie

Judy-love those hikes!

Laura-still dry out there? rain slowing to drizzle here.

Ginny-you're on.  Hopefully I can do a half by then.  I have adjusted expectations as you can imagine.

Tessa-good one about the PT!  When ever you say you run with RN I picture you running with a nurse and then wonder why dh's nurse is running with you.  Every time. Really.

Marjorie-guess that's why she didn't say anything about strengthening it. all the exercises seem to be working along those lines.  I would think that it's got to be frustrating even for them to see me come back with knee still swollen after all of this. It sure is humorous to me to listen to all of the new patients come in with running related injuries.  Sheesh we are gluttons for punishment and oblivious to common sense. (present company included)  And I can't wait to get back among them.

Damaris-noone would ever think that you DNFed just because you'd rather go have a donut or started to sweat.  Good to have your gut check confirmed as being right though.

Karen-great RR!! What? No DWD in the mix to make you feel bad a$$?  LOL Loving that I can say I was there (well, well behind you anyway) for the Detroit and New Jersey PR's! With you in spirit at Mohawk!

BTW the corrals at Detroit go up to O this year. 27,000 participants in all of the events.

gym this morning. Ride bike for 40 minutes. Back of leg fine today. Front still cranky. Icing tonight again. I prefer ice in my drinks and my running "on the rocks."  LOL

Lisa