Womens Running

Wakey Wakey, It's the WEEKENDAILIES! (Read 21 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post Peeps

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

GOOD MORNING LADIES!

Woke up early again today, have all week, except for my official workdays.  What gives.  Needed milk and snacks for today, so it was good I got up.  Working the vaccine clinic today/tomorrow.  SUPPOSED to have an old coworker over tomorrow, but no way will the house be ready.  Feel bad cancelling, but I can't handle trying to get in in shape tonight.

Getting ready for the trip.  Got a few last minute things, I think I have all I will need for the trip except some snacks for the flight.  I've downloaded a ton of TV shows and movies for the flights.  Ted Lasso, Squid Games, Bridgerton, and some random movies.  I wanted This is Us and Million Little Things, but apparently you can't download HULU.  Sadness.  Need a new charger for my Mac, don't think I can get one in time.  Sad  Bought some cute shirts/hoodies for the trip.

Work between now and when I leave.  UGH.  The weather is supposed to be lovely, about 70/50.  That will be chilly at night, but fab during the day.

Good thoughts to Karen, she just posted on FB her flight to Boston got cancelled.  She is standby on one and booked on a late one.

That's it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Didn’t even think to check my email this morning. We left for the airport at 5:30. Got here no problem, security lines short, check the board and see my first flight is delayed so I’ll miss my connection to Boston. Then I check the app and it says they have helpfully rebooked me. For tomorrow. I saw another flight to Charlotte that was about to board so I booked it down there (after calling the number they gave me in case I wasn’t happy with a flight TOMORROW and being told it was a 2-3 hour wait to talk to someone). Turns out that not only is the first flight delayed several hours, the connecting flight has been canceled completely.

There is a direct flight leaving at 11 (two hours late) that will get me in about the same time as my original flight. It is full, but as of now about 20 people have yet to check in and I’m first on standby. Just need one person to not show. The American employee I found at a random gate also booked me on a Jet Blue flight at 5 tonight. Which gets me in at 10 tonight. At least it’s not tomorrow?

So that’s my saga. 

Kathryn, your trip is so soon! Excited for you.

Hope our other world traveler (Margaret) is enjoying Ireland.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning! My calf is still fucked up from the 7 I ran on Wednesday (not sure why). I will try 4 or 6 today.

Kat, so exciting!!!

Karen, ugh! Hope you make it there today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm struggling ladies. Struggling struggling struggling. I've had zero mojo since all my races need to be canceled and what with going back to work and trying to adjust to that I'm irritable and testy and binge eating. The weight gain is out  of control. Put a muzzle on me. Get this...I deferred my Detroit hm the day before the deadline since we can't cross by land.  It cost me 20 bucks Canadian to do so. Not a big deal really. BUT I've since found out they've given free deferrals to other Canadian racers. I sent an email to find out what's going on (maybe I'm misinformed?). If they don't have valid explanation for this I will never race Detroit again (which is sad because it's so local). Also today a running group (located about 4o minutes away) was putting on their virtual Boston. Two 13.1 mile loops. I asked DH if he wanted to go and run the 13.1 for shits and giggles.  He says no because he's "slowed down too much and didn't want to embarrass himself" with his pace. Ffs. He's faster than me even if he has slowed down. I told him "if you're embarrassed by your pace should I be mortified by mine?". So I opted not to go. Because I was embarrassed by mine by default. I'd be last on the course which is fine (I've been last many times) but honestly why travel that far to run an unfamiliar route alone anyway. Like I said I'm irritable.

Karen that's my worst nightmare fear with racing. I hope you get the flight you need.

Safe travels to everyone traveling and good luck racers.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

On, and in an exit row!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Karen!

Lori, ugh. Hugs. I know Canadians who came in for Boston and one of them came by land.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yay, Karen!

Lori, ugh. Hugs. I know Canadians who came in for Boston and one of them came by land.

Not sure how they pulled off the land crossing!

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

5.1 miles and a weight workout.

Just doing some catch up around the house and I think dinner out tonight.  Going to attempt Senior pics again again at 5.

Kat - whoo hoo, the trip is getting close!!  Maybe you and ex- co worker could go out to eat somewhere?

Karen - oh man on the flight snafus - hope it all works out and you get to Boston at a decent time.

Damaris - sorry about the calf issue, I hope the run today goes okay!

Lori - I hope the Detroit race gives you credit back for your deferral.  I haven't even looked at the info, is the race still going to go over the bridge and through the tunnel or is it only the US course?  Sorry for the struggles, hang in there!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Slept in this morning. 6 miles with 6 x200. Still dragging. I have bloodwork scheduled for 10/19 and a physical 10/25, so hopefully get answers from that. Got my flu shot yesterday when I went to the grocery store, guess now it's gonna be a thing that I wind up with a sore underarm/lymph nodes from shots. Never had that happen with flu shots. Didn't notice anything til I put deodarant on afterr my shower & ouch.

KatS, I hate waking up early when I don't need to.

AnonymousGuest, glad you got on a flight today. They were talking about a guy doing Baltimore today, Chicago tomorrow and Boston Monday. Given the airline issues, I'd think you run a risk of not getting to one of those places.

Docket, hope the calf feels ok with whichever distance you chose.

BerthaSlayer, sorry things are tough. I would think since you can't travel, you should get a free deferal. A race in PA last year was going to give either a refund or free deferral if at a certain date before the race your home state was deemed a risk by the CDC. I thought you could travel to the US, since we DGAF any more. It's getting back home that creates problems--maybe a quarantine and all that fun stuff.

LCRuns, nice workouts! I'm pretty sure Detroit is all US this year.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Laura.... the marathon and half marathon are staying entirely on the US side this year.

Damaris.... the only reason I can think of that that runner was able to cross by land is if they're deemed an essential worker who works regularly on the American side. Nurses. Doctors. Etc. I have some friends who've raced US races using this loophole. It's technically not allowed (they're only supposed to be going to work and nowhere else. Including shopping) but I doubt the border patrol is monitoring their travels once verifying their passports. This whole border restriction is so BS at this point in time. Canada allows double vaxxed Americans to cross by land or air but so far America is only allowing flights. Seriously? It's more likely one would catch covid on a plane than in your own car.

Lori

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Anyone else's Garmin not uploading to RA?

Anyway,  10k today.

Lori

LC Runs

So...my Senior pic photographer cancelled again.  And she cancelled by her husband calling my ex sil (he was a contracter at their business).  This was at 2:30.  Apparently, she has to take her sister to a substance abuse center because she is on meth.  I mean...I am trying to be understanding but this is really frustrating.  And, the weather is PERFECT - fall colors are spectacular and there is just enough cloud cover/sun.  Anyhow, done with her and I've contacted my friend who does some photography on the side.  She's out of town this weekend but lives near me so should be able to shedule something.

Went and got the flu shot instead so that was exciting LOL

Kathi and Lori - yes, I got smart and looked up the race after asking the question 

Kathi - sorry you are feeling exhausted.  I'll let you know if my armpit area is sore tomorrow, so far I don't have any issues but it's only been an hour,

Lori - I did see in the FAQ that if you purchased insurance when you registered, they would cover a transfer/deferrment so maybe that's why it cost you?  Nice 10k

Seloc

In case anyone is interested, you can watch Chicago marathon live here: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/how-to-watch-the-2021-chicago-marathon-live/2623708/

But, maybe I'm the only one that loves nerding out over this LOL

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Bikerchick1

Kat - So exciting about your trip!  How long is your flight?

Karen - Hope you are in Boston and settled!  Good luck tomorrow!!!

Damarias - Ugh on the calf issue!  Hope it is resolving.

Lori - I’m sorry to hear you are struggling, struggling, struggling….I would be beyond frustrated if I were you!  I hope you get Detroit issue figured out.

Laura - OMG about the photographer - that is crazy!  Hope your friend is able to get it done soon for you!  Any races planned???  Wouldn’t it be so great if St Pat’s happens this year!

Kathi -  That is so  weird about the swollen lymph nodes from flu shot.  Hope you get some answers with your blood work and physical.

Sandy - On trip out west I thought of you and Cathy as we traveled  thru Wisconsin/Minnesota.  I know you mention Bismarck a lot, we stayed there on our way home.  Seemed like a very nice area. 

Finally back in a routine since vacation.  Feels good .  Decided to sign up for a local 10k Turkey Trot in a few weeks.  I’ve always wanted to do it, so, figured might as well.

Carol