Womens Running

Giving TUESDAILIES (Read 16 times)

Seloc

Happy National Day of Giving.  Or, closer to my heart, Computer Security Day!  

Seloc

Mornin', kids.  I just cannot get myself to go out and run in the dark so working first.  Got in my 5mi easy peasy mid morning yesterday.  Had a two hour meeting and was fairly confident I would not need to speak so was pleased with the multi tasking.  Will shoot for same today.  Super sore and tired but trying to save a rest day for Friday.

I ended up doing some "shopping" yesterday and scooped up Hulu's Cyber Monday deal.  Thanks, Karen!  I was just thinking about restarting my Netflix but will go with Hulu instead.  My free stint with Apple expires soon and I will let it.  Started watching The Handmaid's Tale.  Strange but good!  I didn't know that Alexis Bledel was in it!

Kat - I had to laugh - how do you know Miss Lily is my shadow?  Haha she follows me everywhere.  Much to her frustration, at times, as I am always up and down and she can't get her rest lol.  Oooh, good luck with the race!  Nice of you to support your friend and might as well run yourself since you are there!  Mayo for your turkey sandwiches?

Elina - you can keep that snow, please!  17* isn't horrible if it isn't too windy.  I've just REALLY been enjoying the dry pavement while I can.  Oof on the 90 min of talking.  Exhausting!  Great run!

Damaris - yep, working from home here, too.  But, can't get super excited about it.  I wanna be like Karen!

Karen - oh, sure, rub it in, you retired lady, you.    Can you imagine having moved while working??  Awwww for SURE one of you baby runners will pick up your bib for that half - you should do it!  You'll have fun!  LOL on the 90+ lb dog jumping on you.  Nope, I am ALWAYS up before Lily.  Even the first 6mo I had her and she slept in her room.  I would come in in the morning and wake her up and she would blink at me from the lights LOL.

Sue - awesome on the beach vacay!  I just cannot WAIT for mine in Feb.  The swimsuits I bought finally arrived yesterday.  Quite pleased with them.  That hardly EVER happens when ordering online.

Judy - funny on the dirt in the soup.  Good for the immune system!  Man, sounds like you got hit pretty hard by the booster.  I do find it strange that small people like yourself get the full adult dose when the kids bigger than you are getting a smaller dose simply because of their age.

Cathy - awww sorry you had to miss Thanksgiving.  That cold has really been hanging on.  Wow - that sure was a late night for you and TF!  Nice of you to support his son.  I did notice your later than usual run time and was kinda surprised.  5 times at the grocery last week?  Ummmm no.  Gives me anxiety just reading that LOL.  Haha on TF wondering who was giving him kudos.  I normally don't do that for the "famous" people I follow but I think it was a super impressive workout so I did.  As for my all day meeting tomorrow - I honestly am not sure.  Which is part of the stress.  I *think* I'm representing my boss but not sure if I will have a speaking part.  He isn't the best communicator.  It has to do with part of the business that is spinning off but nothing should change for us day1.  Guess I'll find out!  I'll have to go back and look at those 5K workouts.  They just seemed longer than you would think.  Do you have a goal for Sunday?  Or, would you like me to give you one?    I say you go for gold!

Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 4 later.

Sandy, nice job mid morning. That's what I try to do with my runs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Back to work. Ugh. At least I got all the stuff done that had to be done by the end of the month (yearly tests, eval my for direct report & set up Microsoft authenticator). Now just trying to dig out from stuff from last week. 7 miles last night and 3 this morning. I have my booster shot after work, so kinda expecting tomorrow to be a rest day.

Seloc, yea, I just can't make myself go out in the dark any more. The cold I got in the beginning of the month lasted 2 weeks, it was awful. With moving, I have no clue how people do that when working full time. I brought some boxes in for a co-worker who moved over the holiday break. I'd be wiped out.

Docket, I don't know that I could multi task on the treadmill, but I have definitely considered doing some meeting where I don't have to have video on on the spin bike (well, when I could get to it, now it's got stuff piled around it).

Docket_Rocket

There is nothing for me to do in those meetings but to listen, so I put it beside the TM and then don't do the music and listen to the meeting instead. It's very useful during trustee meetings that last 5+ hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Is not giving a F in the spirit??

Sandy, yes, mayo.  Slathered in it with a bit of S&P.  I'm minimalist.

Hi Damaris.

Kathi, hope the booster doesn't affect you too much, I just had a mildly sore arm.

So, yesterday was a HORRIBLE mental health day.  Nothing happened, I just couldn't cheer up.  Made for a long and challenging day.  THEN, THEN, THEN...  We have our Christmas party for work next Saturday.  I was asking one of the women about it.  Is there food?  Oh yes!  We pray first and then eat, it's a buffet.  WHAT?  Nope, not OK.  I appreciate it is at my bosses home, but still it is a work function that I feel obliged to go to as it is a big deal.  NOPE, not going.  F that.  I joked around with my friends, as swearing is more taboo than religion in the workplace, I could yell "F YEAH!,  AMEN TO THAT!!!"  Yeah, I think I should stay home.

That's it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I will miss the backyard view once they put a house in up there. At least the trees stay, but that open sunrise area will have house. Oh well, Riley and I enjoyed it this morning.

Easy 5 for me in a bit this morning. I do not run in the dark anymore. I may have to if we're in TX during the heat of summer next year, but the plan is to not be here for a lot of that. More unpacking today. I started the guest bedroom yesterday and there's still a half dozen boxes, plus the office isn't done either. Found another person looking for boxes, so my goal is to empty them all out for her by Thursday latest. When we moved down to TX 6? almost 7! years ago, I remember I took two days off work. The first day was the movers and the second day I spent the entire time trying to unpack the kitchen and the bedroom. Then it was working and unpacking and buying a lot of furniture for probably the next two months until DH came down, and I didn't even touch the garage boxes. On the Maryland end, DH (and ExMob) took care of everything. Not working is much easier. This morning DH said "I wake up and start getting stressed about everything I need to get done, then I remember wait, I'm retired, there's no timeline."

Cathy, bummer on skipping Thanksgiving but it sounds like you had a pretty fun weekend overall. Although I can't imagine staying out that late!

Judy, that's too funny on the dirt in the soup!

Sandy, I got the hulu deal too. I mean, 99 cents? Why not? I looked and there were a few shows I remember hearing people talk about that I want to watch. I think Little Fires Everywhere was one (the book was really good, I know). Cheap me put a calendar notice on next November to cancel it if I don't want to start paying $6.99, which is still cheap compared to Netflix.

Morning, Damaris!

HCK, did the first two shots knock you down? Seems like if you had trouble with the first ones, the booster will be the same, but if you're a "just a sore arm" person, that will most likely be the case again.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!  Good and tough spin class this morning. Maybe I had the resistance turned up too much?? lol

Damaris--Great that you can run and listen! I am signed up for three three-hour sessions on tilapia farming!!!  OMG my boss thinks there may be good information (I work for seafood inspection) but wow does it sound boring. I definitely plan to lift weights and knit.

Better get to work!! I need to go to the post office this morning. We actually finished our Christmas cards early and have two packages to mail. Who are we????

Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey hey! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I have been reading, just haven't had time to post. We hosted our first Thanksgiving and it was AWESOME! It was excatly how I pictured it. I couldn't have done it without my mom's help. I feel pretty confident about doing a turkey dinner and stuffing on my own now after watching her. It was a lot of fun. I took Friday off (still took the little to daycare) and HCDH and I spent a day of doing nothing! It was great. Saturday was my nephew's birthday and Sunday we bought a car! LOL, a very busy weekend! We ended up buying a Honda Pilot and I LOVE it! SO much more room. I have to get used to how big it is (that's what she said). Didn't realize how small my car was before.

Running wise..been keeping up but also battling some PF in my left foot. It comes and goes. My Winter half marathon training starts this Saturday. Should be fun! My RB from the Summer half marathon training joined as well. Looking forward to my Saturday "long" runs. Also been keeping up with my strength training. I actually got on the scale yesterday and weigh less than I did before having Baby B! Crazy because my jeans still don't fit right. I swear the hips widen and don't go back.

Work has been crazy busy. After taking Friday off, I realize how I need to take more time - LOL. Its just been so stressful lately. I am taking the week after Christmas off and I am looking forward to that! Working on hiring someone for my area. I have to interview someone today..kinda nice that I get to pick who I want! Smile

Getting my booster this Sunday! HCDH is getting his today. Wanted to get this done while I am still breastfeeding so Baby B can benefit.

Baby B...she is a talking machine! Still NOT rolling over yet. She gets just about there and then gives up. Not sure if I should be concerned?? I believe she should have hit that milestone by now. I am going to ask about it at her 6 month wellness visit on Friday. I swear I love her more and more each day. I know I am going to get baby #2 fever here pretty soon...

I think that's all that has been going on in my world??? Busy busy!

Sandy - I thought of you this weekend when I was standing in line at the grocery store. I thought, should I pull a Sandy and just leave my cart here? LOL. Nice job on your workouts!! You don't give yourself enough credit Smile. Good luck getting that run in later today. Totally get what you mean about the dark. I can’t believe its already back to being super dark at 5:30-6! I didn't find the sales too good yesterday! A lot of the stores I needed to shop at didn't even offer free shipping! Ugh. We still exchange but I have a feeling its going to be more about the kids in the coming years. Fine by me, I only asked for running socks and a running hat Smile. Oh, and for grandparents to babysit so momma can get a full night sleep for 1 night! LOL. I had answered Karen’s question about shows on Hulu before reading today’s thread – YESSSS to Handmaids Tale!! It is super weird at first but you get sucked in. HCDH almost quit watching because it was pissing him off. So good though. Lily is super cute!! We are also up before Ruger. Actually, Ruger went out and used the bathroom and now he is back in bed. Oh boy on that meeting tomorrow. Hopefully you won’t have to speak.

Cathy – Hope you are feeling better now? HCDH had a nasty cold. He had to tell me about it every 5 minutes. Staying out until midnight? Who are you? 😉 You homemade a French silk pie?! YUM. Those are one of my holiday favorites. Which reminds me I need to make cookies – when will I find time for that?! LOL. Score on the shoes!! Did I miss why you are going to Florida? Vacation with TF?

Judy – I hope you start feeling better from the booster! I am hoping for no side effects…

Susan – Woohoo for vacation booked!! I have been trying to do everything early this year. I went online to buy a pair of boots for my SIL last night and didn’t pull the trigger…sold out this morning. Its crazy!

Karen – I see you are snuggling into your new home! Are you guys planning to put a pool in? Who is going to put up your Christmas lights this year?! I am sure one of your baby runners would pick up your bib! Handmaids Tale is on Hulu!! Best. Show. Ever. Oh yes, and Little Fires Everywhere is good as well! Good luck with the unpacking!

Docket – Have a great run later! I used to walk on my treadmill during meetings. Makes the time go by faster.

Run4kupcakes – Nice running for you. Good luck with being back at work and the booster!

Kathryn – Sorry for the rough day yesterday ☹. I hope today is better!

Have a great day!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 miles with some speedwork this morning.  Cold enough that my fingertips hurt for the first 2 miles.  I hate that!  Younger DD had her first club volleyball practice last night.  She liked it!  I was happy, she didn't know anyone on the team.  She makes friends pretty easily though so I am not too worried.  I went on a team run on Sunday morning, we went by a cemetery and one of the guys took us by the memorial for his daughter, she committed suicide at the age of 26.  It was a somber moment.  Today would have been her birthday.  Thinking of her!

Sandy, I can't get out and run in the dark and cold either.  Not if I have a choice!    I could not get into Handmaid's Tale, but I didn't give it a chance... maybe I should try again.  Older DD has the cold now, hopefully she doesn't re-infect us all!  Lol, TF will be pleased that you consider him famous.    Have you seen the 3+ hour bike rides his coach has him doing every Sunday?  Craziness.  I hope the meeting goes OK.  The 5K plan is a McMillan level 4, which tends to be pretty tough... I figured I should be able to do it since I am coming off marathon training.  I was looking at following his half marathon plan for spring, the mileage will be about the same as when I was marathon training, with some longer workouts.  Ha, what should my goal for Sunday be?  I don't feel that speedy now... who knows?  

Damaris, enjoy the 4!  I wouldn't mind some Miami weather about now.

Kupcakes, hope things go well with the booster!

Kat, I hope that you are feeling better today.

Karen, pretty sunrise!  Moving is a lot of work.  I know there was stuff that we never unpacked when we moved into our house.  This move was easy, I didn't take much.     I'm interested in how my booster goes on Thurs, I had the J&J one shot but will be getting Moderna for the booster.

Sue, nice workout!  You seem to be cheery.  

Liz, glad your Thanksgiving was so great!  Wow, congrats on the new car!  Are your calves tight?  Always the issue when I get PF pain...  you've probably heard me say that a few times.     Your body does change shape after having a baby.  Baby B seems so adorable.  Who ever thought Liz would have baby fever?     Ha, we did take about a 2 hour nap in the afternoon before going out that night.  I won't be doing that again any time soon, took me a few days to recover.     Yup, made a french silk pie from scratch.  I hadn't made that in awhile and I am not the best at crust, but TF's mom said the crust was really good.  It was the first time his dad had french silk pie.  TF said that they had a quarter of the pie left and he thought that his parents would give him some to take home but they kept it all.     TF and I are driving down to Florida for him to do a half Ironman.  He is bringing two bikes, and probably bringing mine as well so that's why we are driving.  I found an Airbnb on a lake that looks very nice and peaceful.

Cathy

Liz--Congrats on TG dinner! Planning/time management/oven management is the key! Enjoy the car!!

Woohoo Christmas cards and a present are in the mail!! We have never been this early. It is nice to have our sh!t together for once.

Shopping is crazy!!! I wanted to order some nice socks (Bombas) for my SIL.  Lots to choose from last week. Yesterday...almost sold out of everything! SOCKS! Just socks! I'm glad I did my shopping early this year. And I kept seeing fewer and fewer vacation rentals available so I decided to just hit the send button. Vacay booked!! I am just amazed at how quickly everything is sold out/booked lately.

OMG---Y'all!!! My morning meetings for tomorrow got cancelled. Three days of no team meetings in a row!!  Heaven!!!

Cathy--Which Florida IM? Panama City?  I did that one years ago before it became an IM sanctioned event.

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, sorry for the sucky day yesterday. Hope today is better.

Susan, woohoo on the vacation plans and on the canceled meetings! Not to mention mailing off all your Christmas stuff.

Liz, aww, I am so glad Thanksgiving went well. Baby B does seem to be a downright adorable child. We are skipping Christmas decorations this year. There are places out here that will do the outside lights like at our old house, but who knows, since we're in a one-story now, maybe we will do it ourselves. Next year.

Cathy, glad DD had fun at club volleyball. Florida trip is coming up fast!

Ha, what should my goal for Sunday be?  I don't feel that speedy now... who knows?  

22:something. You've got all the built up fitness from marathon training and are recovered from the marathon. You may not feel speedy right now, but you are.

Done with my easy 5, now for more unpacking stuff. And I need to get the paperwork in to the HOA so we can put a shed in the backyard. Have a good day, all!

Seloc

22:something. You've got all the built up fitness from marathon training and are recovered from the marathon. You may not feel speedy right now, but you are.

Why, thank you, Karen!  I was going to say the SAME THING!  Well, I was going to say "sub 23 for SURE but shoot for closer to 22"   Go big or hit the wall??  Isn't that how it goes??    You can do ANYTHING for less than 23 minutes...

Also, Karen, I did the SAME THING with the Hulu membership hahahahaha

Back to work...

Docket_Rocket

Cathy, I don't, lol. It's normally 90-115F in heat indexes and unless you are at the beach, that's pretty much useless outside weather, ha.

Kat, hoping today is better. Hugs.

Karen, beautiful sunrise.

Susan, enjoy the tilapia farming/walkin/knitting session.

Liz, glad your thanksgiving was great and that you two took the day off to relax.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Why, thank you, Karen!  I was going to say the SAME THING!  Well, I was going to say "sub 23 for SURE but shoot for closer to 22"   Go big or hit the wall??  Isn't that how it goes??    You can do ANYTHING for less than 23 minutes...

Also, Karen, I did the SAME THING with the Hulu membership hahahahaha

Back to work...

Virtual thrifty fist bump!

I was thinking under 23, then checked the not-so-secret coach pace spreadsheet, which equates a 23:00 5k to a 3:44 marathon. But if you're trained for a marathon, you're super trained for a 5k, so definitely under 23. Plus I ran a 23:19 a couple weeks ago, so if I can do that, Cathy can go sub-23.