Womens Running

Tinsel Town Tuesday Supermoms (Read 383 times)

strollermama

RG - Good luck getting your shopping done!

zorbs - Glad to hear the knee is feeling better,  Maybe you just tweaked it a little.

moxie - I look forward to when DS enjoys crafts,  What is your favorite one so far?

eh - Sorry your alarm didn't go off.  That's the worst but I guess it is good you just missed a run and not something  more important.

bermy - Sounds like another awesome workout.  That is wonderful that your speed is improving.

mer - Hope those 9 days go quickly.  Anything fun planned for the holidays?

jmiller - So happy to hear about the cardiologist appointment!!  What a great Christmas present.

mrszm - Sorry about the ice.  Do you ever wear yak traks?

RR:  Don't think its going to happen today.  Woke up this morning and the cold has moved into my chest.  Yesterday it felt almost like asthma (which I don't normally have) and today I am hacking like a smoker.  Will try to do at least 1 mile to exercise the dog and continue the streak.

BR:  Also sick still...  He is normally the happiest baby in the morning but lately he has been pretty cranky.  Poor guy.  Also was up 3 times last night.

NRR:  I mailed my SS gift almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.  Getting a little nervous...

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.4 solo miles before DH went to work... C actually didn't wake up until I got home, so DH didn't really have to get up early at all..

BR - back to night feeding, which I expected... she slept better though, aside from the night feed DH said she fussed once for him around midnight but didn't need to be picked up out of the crib.

This morning she was sitting on my lap facing me and she reached up, grabbed my hair and pulled herself into standing position on my legs... ha... whatever works, I guess..

Taking C for a visit at noon to DH's school... 

FR - recently tried Greek yogurt and I think I like it.. it's unreal how much cheaper dairy is in the US compared to Canada...

zorbs - congrats to your alcoholic friend on 1 year!

bermy - that race sounds so cool!  I'm ok at guessing my times for short distances but not longer...

jen - sorry to hear you're sick... hope it goes away before the Christmas holidays!

moxie - glad to hear BR got some rest...

mer - cheese curds taste gross to me except in poutine... mmm mmm poutine!!

cm - wow $20 is cheap for daycare... we've been looking around at haven't found any place that low..

jm - glad you got some good news from the doc!

Sorry I stink at personals... I can't keep up!  Sorry if i missed anyone...

Marathonjen

cmg - Glad you're still hanging in there and DS is staying put.  Hopefully your work week goes quickly.

mer - I am so ready for time off too.  I am over work and kids attitudes.  I just need time away.  Hoping your day goes fast and you get out for your run.  

eh! - I am in Michigan.  I would love to live somewhere without winter too!

mrszm - At least you still got a run in!  Boo that it was slippery though.  Yay for haircuts and actually liking it.  Yum...on the BBQ chicken sandwiches...now I am craving that.  I think that might be in my crockpot line up sometime soon.

jm - I was thinking of your DS yesterday and hoping for the best....yay...so happy for good news.  I hope your soreness goes away soon. I am with zorbs, you should get a massage!

CTimes - Boo on the wake-up but at least she slept better.  Have fun at Dh's school!

Shelby - So sorry DS is cranky and not feeling well.  Same with you.  I hope the cold moves quickly out of you!

twinmom_112002

ER: Plank 1:10 done

RR: Might get my twins to run a quick mile with me while the littlest is at swim. DS has a break in soccer training and this would at least get him moving.

KR: The boy and the youngest decided that they were going to bicker all afternoon. This is really rare as they usually get along well. Finally put them in seperate rooms.

NRR: I have nothing done for x-mas. Oh well

QOTD: I taught them by basically doing what you did. If they wouldn't hold my hand they got picked up/put in the cart. If it was more than one kid then I hauled them out and we went home. It was hard because my 3 kids are less than 3 years apart. There were days when I had a kid under each arm.

Patty: I saw your post about getting through your run with no knee pain. Quite about ds storming off to play without you.

Shelby: Feel better!

CT: There are some really great greek yogurts. Someone also told me that the way to turn your favorite yogurt into greek is just to strain it through some cheesecloth

twinmom_112002

RG: enjoy your solo run and christmas shopping. I would love for a day to myself to get all those things done.

running eh: Did you let your dh know it was your error and not his fault or are you just letting that fact go. I might be tempted to let it go...my dh is the type that when he messes up he makes sure to help for the next day or so.

moxie: what craft stuff did you get?

jen: Hope you don't get fully sick. I too am counting down the days until break. We have 2 more weeks.

bermy: 7 miles of speed. Wow. That race sounds like a lot of fun.

CMG: How far along are you?

runnimer: Can you just take your personal days off your sick leave? We get 10 days a year, 2 of which we can use as personal but truthfully I use more than that, I just call in sick. It is almost more work to stay home than it is to come in though with subs and stuff.

mrzm: Did removing the clock from the oven fix it?

mrszackmorris

2 quick things before i forget. I have yaktrax but didnt wear them this morning bc i thiught it was just snowing. rp made her own screw shoes (perhaps like zorbs). which is better/most comfortable?

qotd: what do all you cold weather runners wear when it is 15F/-10C or below?

strollermama

Almost forgot, tonight we are going to a Christmas event at DH's work.  There will be a Santa to take pictures with and some fun kid activities.  Hope we are both feeling better by tonight!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runninmer

mrszm - For that weather, I would probably wear thicker socks, tights, and shorts.  On top, I would probably do a t-shirt, long sleeved shirt, and my cold weather Nike jacket.  I would also wear a pair of running gloves (if I knew were mine were) so I double up and have a thin pair of knit gloves and a thick pair of mittens over them....and a headband.  If it is windy, I might put my hat over the headband to keep my head and ears warm.  I always overdress...but would rather be warm than cold.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Leeleeche

RR - ended up getting a run in last night. 5 this afternoon. BR - 5:45 wake up call. I've been trying to get both of us back to sleep for an hour. Not going to happen. NRR - we decorated the tree last night. The kids did great. Nothing broke and the tree is still standing. I'm hoping next year I can use the glass ornaments again, NRR2 - finally designed my Christmas cards and sent them off to print. They should be here tomorrow. I like them but they were sort of rushed. The pictures are just the kids. I decided we'll do family picture every other year.
                    CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - something during naptime, hopefully the stars align.  I've been thinking I should start getting up earlier and just running in the am before dh leaves... I'll probably think about it for another week or so, and then my parents will be here for xmas.

TR - nasty rash I posted about on fb is looking much much better this am, yay!  

TR2 - I think she lives in a musical.  She sings everything Smile

BR - up twice last night, the nerve Smile  I do think she was teething last week, the redness and gunky eye are suddenly gone at the same time.  

FR - leftovers.

NRR - RP is 37.5 weeks preggo, she was having regular contractions last night, but no news this morning, I think they faded away.  I'm very eager for her, mostly because she's been very very uncomfortable, and because she hasn't run in months and I miss my rp.

NRR2 - going with O tonight to a pottery studio to make baby's first xmas ornaments with baby hand prints.  I did the same with M and gave them to grandparents.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M is now a very good hand holder - it was always my rule, in busy places (parking lots) - you have to hold my hand if you want to walk, in less busy places, if you don't stay with me or if you take off then you have to hold my hand, if you don't hold my hand then you go in stroller/cart/get carried. We also always explained the reason behind it, ie. parking lots, there are cars and it is dangerous, busy places - we don't want to lose you, etc.

zorbs - glad your knee held out! I always get random pains here and there and mostly ignore them unless they stick around.

eh - bummer on missing your run this am! Ack - that would be tough if I had to restrict my computer time to match M's tv/computer time - but it totally makes sense!

moxie - are you waiting to run, or frozen after your run - the shower is the best cure for the cold after a run thing! What gifts have you been making? I love craft ideas!

jen - I'm glad dh isn't gone long, does he get some extra time off at Christmas? Ihope you guys aren't getting sick!

bermy - sounds like a fun 5k! what will you guess?

mer - hope you get your run in!!

k gotta go parent... have a good one ladies...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

moxieluvah

Jen - he got some shots last week, and then had a fever and was crabby for a few days. I keep waiting for him to cut more teeth, he hasnt cut any since 10 months. christmas needs to get here fast!

bermy - i like that race twist, sounds like a fun way to switch it up.

cmg - I hope you start feeling better, that swollen feeling is the worst!

eh - we made some picture frames out of the foam paper stuff and then a "jewelry box" out of popcicle sticks, and of course we  painted both because DD thinks everything needs to be painted

mrszm - haircut on thurs for me, I have been trying to grow it out, but I always get annoyed and cut it. Hope you get your oven fixed

mer - your bfast yesterday sounds yummy! I hate getting bad sub reports, I always tell my kids they will get worse punishment than if they are naughty for me.

jm - awesome news about DS!

zorbs - thanks for wondering about me! I have a different schedule at school this year and have been too busy to post much. I really hope you get the gift soon!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I need to and hope to, but I really need to get an allergy shot. Will have to come up with a game plan with DH and possibly suck it up and run late.

BR: Named his lovey, took me a while to figure out what he was talking about when he would say "Tobby." Refused to nap at daycare yesterday afternoon so he went to bed at 6:20. He ate salad for dinner. Go figure, kid hates potatoes but will eat a green salad?

FR: Roasted chicken and veggies.

NRR: I need to finish up xmas shopping and come up with a game plan for this weekend's manadatory family gathering. Dad lives 2 hours away, but I'm thinking about driving to my friend's house who lives about 35 mins from my dad and staying the night there so we can visit then going to dad's when R wakes up in the morning. I haven't seen my friend in a few months and I miss her lots, so this sounds like a good plan to me and I don't have to sleep in some makeshift arrangement at my dad's or impose upon DH's ill grandma to get a decent visit in with my brother who is flying out from Iowa tomorrow.  Also I scheduled 5 days off work over Xmas, and 4 days for New YEars, Woohoo~

RG- LOL did you see that episode of Modern Family where Cam puts the backpack leash on Lily at the zoo?  I let R walk himself up the walk and into the house one time and now he wants to do it himself ALWAYS. So annoying, I should have kept carrying him until he can walk a decent pace. When I was a kid I always wanted to hold hands and I think my mom got annoyed by it because I was always grabbing her hand or pant leg. I think R might be teething too- he's biting at stuff a lot and would explain his bad attitude since he only has incisors left to come in.

zorbs- I was able to see his status because you commented on it, it was very nice.

eh!- its funny how kids get addicted to one thing like cars or whatever. Usually it only lasts a few months before they get bored and move on to the next thing.

moxie- R has been doing random screaming too- I think he's having bad dreams maybe? Hope things calm down for you soon.

Jen- We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow over the next couple of days. I like snow but I don't like it when it gets all slushy and nasty.

cmg- I had contractions like that for almost a whole week before R came, it sucks big time! Hang in there!

mer- squeaky cheese skillet sounds amazing. I love cheese curds.   I love it when Reid gives me kisses, I ask so often that half the time he says, "No, mama!"

mzm- Do you have screw shoes or Yaktrax? I have yaxtrax but they aren't very comfortable unless there's a pretty good layer of snow on the ground to cushion the coils. BTW I'm really digging that tea especially since its caffeine free and I can drink it after dinner when I'm being lazy on the couch. You went pixie?!   I am loving my short hair, its so easy!

jmmiller- yay for DS's clean bill of health! I could never do a streak, I have to have rest days or I start having knee/ankle issues.

Bermy- Reid is in this weird size where 12 mos pants are highwater and tight and 18 mos are too long and baggy. Good job on your run, you rock!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

shelby- I never run when I'm sick otherwise it goes in to my lungs (I am also asthmatic).

cx2- I still don't know how I feel about greek yogurt. I'm not big on yogurt to begin with and the greek stuff sometimes tastes like vomit to me.  Our farms are highly subsidized by the government here.

twinmom- how old are your kids?

mzm- I wear a short sleeve top tucked into my tights, wool socks (I try to wear long ones and put them on before my tights so no ankle skin is exposed. A Long sleeve quarter zip, brimmed hat with buff over the top and heavy gloves. If there is any wind, I will throw on another layer of windproof pants and jacket.

CARunning- My MIL sent me this cool foam kit and I did a handprint/footprint ornament in the comfort of my home for R.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runswithrocky

ER - yoga DVD yesterday courtesy of Bermy.  Bermy - I did the vinyasa video and chose the 30 min version since I was short on time.  Um, the whole 30 min was down dog or lung?!  Anyway, just what I needed.  Hoping to do the full 75 min version today.  Gotta get my arm and leg strength back + some flexibility. 

ER2 - DH actually exercised last night!  30 min spin.  I told him I was going to nag him everyday and not cook him dinner until he exercised.  I'm sure that was mean, but he was actually receptive to it. 

FR - Dh decided to "try" my beef stew last night and guess who loved it.  Little stinker.  He took the rest for his lunch today.  yay!  I'm having leftover meatball subs for lunch and making wild rice, chicken & mushroom soup for dinner tonight.  Feeling very domesticated lately.

DH update - well we finally talked and DH admitted he let a lot of stuff build up like money, his weight, jobs, etc.  and took it out on me.  We're communicating again and I think he's snapped out of his funk since it's like a 180 and I have my "real" DH back.  I'll take it!  We're going to talk again tonight about finances.  Oh and we're talking about getting a minivan this summer!  Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna.

TR - Hoping to do our holiday card pictures with Emily tonight.  Her school pictures turned out yucky so we're going to try and do our own.

PGR - off to my first of two appointments today.  Hoping everything looks great.

QOTD - Emily will walk holding our hand a little bit.  We practice around the house and also walking from the car to the front door and I praise her like crazy.  She's starting to get it, but it's not a perfect science.  +1 to zorbs description of it being a compromise of going where they want to go and then also giving little tugs in the direction I'm going.  I will say that I have a monkey leash backpack and I use it as a failsafe when walking while holding her hand.  So if she slips away or wants to walk parallel or my back starts to hurt I can use the leash as a back-up, but I really don't like the concept that much. Em LOVES the monkey though and holds it on all car rides (I just have it in the car, not that I use it daily).

Ok, i'm off.