Womens Running

Tinsel Town Tuesday Supermoms (Read 383 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

2 quick things before i forget. I have yaktrax but didnt wear them this morning bc i thiught it was just snowing. rp made her own screw shoes (perhaps like zorbs). which is better/most comfortable?

qotd: what do all you cold weather runners wear when it is 15F/-10C or below?

yaktrax give me horrendous blisters beyond 12 miles, and on any bare sidewalk/pavement, they are a nightmare.  Screw shoes work well on any terrain and are WAY cheaper!

-10C..thick tights + wind pants on the bottom, thick Smartwools. Merino wool l/s base layer, tucked into the tights, then half zip fleece, and if it's windy or snowing, jacket.  Cheap gloves, instant hand warmers, big mittens on top. fleece toque and if it was really ridiculously cold, fleece balaclava on top of that.  

^^^ the getup described would take me down to about -20C windchill, it doesn't get much colder than that here.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

spike - I thought of you and your hats on Sunday.  Imagine sleet, wind and a mile into it.  My eyes hurt from being pelted constantly.  My thought was, "So this is why Spike wears hats in the rain!"  Not sure I would do it, but it is a good thought! Smile  I am surprised by R's words.  J isn't putting two words together at all.  The only time I heard it was when he repeated "mean mama" after I said it.  He has a lot of words, just not phrases.  We work really hard on saying please and asking for what he wants or the other way around.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

BermyHorse

Rg – who watches DS when you run long? Qotd – I just take DS’s hand and literally start walking and he loves being able to keep up. He is tall enough I don’t have to bend over and I am 5ft9.

Zorbs – hope your knee cooperated. Would love to share sober friend’s words. I bet I can relate. Was your ‘sexy santa’s cutie’ outfit before your DS or after? Yes, I bet you would win the prediction run. You are like clockwork. My coach won one year. She nailed her prediction to 6 seconds.

Moxie – I am very inexperienced at running so I have absolutely no idea what time I can run. I don’t think I will win. I was laughing at your ‘thaw out’. Wow – good for you for getting out there. Where do you live?

Jen – DS is right in between 12 and 18mo clothes. I think most of the ones he wears are 18 now although some are weirdly too big. Sizes vary so much. He is still in some 12mo onesies. Will post recipe on fb. I have a few to post. I need a free minute (not gonna happen eh?)

Cm – your body is working very hard to prepare you to meet your LO. Great news.

Mer – end of term feeling is pretty hard to get through. I used to start throwing stuff away and clearing out. Always made me feel like I was moving forward. It just drags so much and the behaivour gets so silly. Even staff get so short tempered with each other. Meant to say the other day that I used to have a huge crush on this snow plough guy - a piste groomer. He was all burly and manly and snug in his machine. Something about that really did it for me.

Eh – I feel I have been working hard too. Not quite sure why or what for, but it gives me daily purpose, something I own and can call my achievement and also I am skinnier!

Mrszm – I am about to google ginnifer Goodwin.

Jm – you really pushed yourself at the weekend – sounds wonderful – I bet you will be SO much fitter/stronger/faster when you recover. Great job. Enjoy your streak. Fab news on your LO!! My only goal right now is to “get freakin faster”.

Shelby – can you remind me to start saving workouts? Like nag me now and again. WOW on your sickness. Anything in the chest is gross. I used to smoke in my drunk, wild and foolish days and I know what that cough sounds like.

Cx2 – greek yogurt is yummy esp chobani non-fat. I use it for everything including mayo-substitute and in sauces. DS loves it too.

Twin – I only did 6k of speedwork not 7m. Sorry for confusion. I didn’t wan to take credit for something that amazing. I have nothing done for xmas and I don’t care. You said you had your tree up – just cos you didn’t do it doesn’t mean it’s not done… still counts right even if your fam did it?!

Lee – your dream was cute. Great that tree is still up.

CA – maybe 24 mins? I’d like not to win so I surprise myself. I saw the course map. It is ALL HILL. Ha ha on ‘nerve’. I was laughing at that. Glad eye has cleared up. Just squirt breastmilk into it! I had some running bra chafe and I asked DH what to do about it. He said “have you tried breastmilk”. So lactationally educated. A modern man.

Spike – every time I see a fireengine on clothes/toys I want to buy it all and send it to Ryan. You’re probably fed up of that stuff. Hope you can squeeze your run in. Did you decide on what top to get for the firethingy banquet? Agree on the huge difference between 12mo and 18mo clothes. So odd.

Rocky – good luck at your apts. I find the vinyasa woman’s voice annoying. That DVD was surprisingly athletic. The 3rd tri heavily preggo chick ROCKS it. I always wanted to rock it like her. Man - Does your DH blow hot and cold? How do you ever know where you stand? Or guess what mood he is going to be in?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Lee - how are you feeling about your job situ? 

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- I'm just guessing R takes after me. When I was a kid my mom bought me a shirt that said "Help! I'm talking and I can't shut up!" because I was a motormouth talking constantly. I'm terribly uncoordinated and I see that in him too, unfortunately!  I wear glasses when I run (unless I want to wear sunglasses, then I'll wear contacts), so its super annoying if I get rain on my glasses so I almost always wear a brimmed hat.

Bermy- I haven't decided if I'm going to buy an outfit or not. I could use a new pair of jeans since I only own 3 pairs, and 2 of those are from at least 2009. I have a really cute (non-slutty, DH picked out) red top and have these black skinny pants with zippers at the ankle that I could wear, my only hesitance is that the shirt is cotton/silk and dry clean only and we get pretty rowdy, dance, drink at the banquet. So at this point, I'm not sure.. I might go over to Maurices and see  what they have. I never get tired of fire trucks- they always have tons of FD clothes at Costco and I have a hard time not buying everything I see for Reid. The first baby outfit I bought when I was pregnant was firetruck jammies that said "Mommy's little chief"- I bought it before I knew the sex and gave it to DH and told him I couldn't help myself Smile

Rocky- I'm glad you and DH are communicating again. I still think that you guys could benefit from a few sessions of counseling (if you can work it in the budget) just to help him learn how to communicate without blame and hard feelings. Are you excited about the minivan? Everyone I know that has one loves it, I just haven't been able to bring myself to give up that last bastion of coolness Smile  My DH likes canned stew (like Dinty Moore) Barf!!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

jmmiller

It just ate my post.  So weird.

RG:  Enjoy the shopping alone! I've recently discovered having lunch alone is awesome.  Time to think and eat. Smile

Zorbs:  A massage is a great idea. I just need to wait a day or two because my quads hurt to the touch.  DS was crawling on me this morning and it hurt! I'm a wuss!!

Eh:  Bummer about the alarm! That is totally something I would do.

Moxie:  How close in age are your kids?

Jen:  I hope it doesn't turn into a full fledged cold!

CMG:  Hope the contractions don't come back!  Remind me what week you are in??

Mer:  Squeaky Cheese Skille sounds yummy!  So cute you got a hug and kiss when you got home.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

Mrs. Zack: Bummer about the run. Your FR sounds delicious too! 

Shelby:  Sorry you and DS are sick.  I hope you get better soon!

Ctimes2: Have a good visit with DH.

Twinmom:  That's so cool your twins will run with you!  How old are they?

Lee:  Yay for the tree decorating success.  We were up really early too.  DS was up at 5am and DD was up at 5:45.  Of course DS fell asleep in the car on my way to dropping them off at my parent's house.  Little stinker.

CA:  So happy to hear the rash is getting better!  Handprint ornaments is a great idea!  Have fun!!

Spike: Tobby is an adorable name.  Your trip plan sounds good.

Rocky:  Good luck at the doctor today! Its great you and DH are communicating. 

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

Marathonjen

Twin – Hope you get your run in tonight. Sorry that the kids were bickering. Love sibling rivalry.

Mrszm – Usually I hit the TM when it is that cold…lol. Or I run in tights and pants, longsleeve compression shirt, running jacket and smart wool socks, headband and 2 pairs of gloves.

Lee – Sorry about the early wake-up that is late for us…lol. Glad that tree decorating went well. I feel the same about our Christmas pictures…they aren’t great but they would do and I didn’t want to deal with it.

CA – I hope you get your run in and the kids cooperate. I didn’t see your post about the rash…any idea what its from? Cute about the pottery. I bought something for J like that through daycare…they did it there…I wonder when we will get it? No DH does not get extra time at Christmas.  But...we are going on vacation over Christmas so it will be some much needed family time!  He will have traveled all but 4 days this monthSad

Moxie – J had a bad reaction to his 1 year shots and was sick for awhile. We thought he had the chicken pox or measles…he had a rash all over. I am glad he is better.

Spike – Sounds like you have a good plan for going to your dads. I hope it is fun to see your friend. Cute about R and his lovie! I love that he named it. You are a great mom for making him one. I hope you can find time to fit your run in.

Rocky – I hope your appointments go well. Excited to hear about your u/s! Glad you and DH talked…I still don’t think counseling would hurt…especially if these issue continually occur. I think counseling is a great idea for everyone. DH and I talked about the possibility to resolve some of our communication issues.

Bermy – Thanks for the info about DS…I just wanted to know where my DS compared as I don’t like people always commenting about how small he is. He falls in the 30-50% so I don’t think he is doing bad. I am soooo excited for the recipe…I know you’re busy so whenever you get a chance.

twinmom_112002

My twins are 10yrs old (seems like just yesterday that they were babies). They run a mile at school at least 2X a week and my daughter runs a mile at swim once a week. They smoke me in terms of speed. They start the marathon club at school tomorrow. The run portions of the distance in practice and then finish the last mile at the OC marathon.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Lee- I missed you on here earlier. Yay for Christmas cards, at this rate I think we'll be doing a New Year's card if one at all LOL.  I need to start wrapping gifts. In years past I would just come down to my office and do it in the evening, but with R around now, I'm just going to have to bring the presents home from work and hide them from DH I think.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

shelby - I banged my shin really, really hard getting into the car on Friday, I am wondering if the knee pain stemmed from that.

cx2 - try the 9% PC greek yogurt.

twin - can't wait until B can run with me.

lee - I hope you find out about your job sooner than later!

CA - what time would you have to get up?

spike - yeah but repost/sharing his status on my FB would be creepier.  C is the opposite of Bermy, everything on FB is public.

bermy - sexy santa was pre-baby.  I tried to take a "new" version last year, but it was too posed.  It is on FB somewhere though.

rocky - I like this site called yogadownload for free yoga.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

SimonSaysRun

Fly by...

rr.  Planning some speedwork on the TM after M goes down tonight.  Is it weird that I'm starting to enjoy the TM?

tr.  Took M out to play in the snow last night - she loved it until she got snow on her mittens and then she freaked.  I think she was on the verge of a 'hunger meltdown'.  We'll play again today if we get home early enough!

nrr.  Sort of ready for Christmas - have a lot of gifts bought and wrapped.  Have a few more to buy and then ship a few things out.

Hope to make it back for personals in a bit.  

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I still giggle when I see that pic because of B finding that Santa outfit and saying "Goggy!"  I have a lot of privacy setting on FB. I never friend anyone, so its like a really big deal that I friended all you SuperMoms on there. I deny friend requests from people I know IRL all the time.

superspike113

Honorary Old

OMG I made the mistake of looking at my CC bill. I need to reign DH in, it really bad. We pay it off every month so its giving me a heart attack right now. I still have at least 3 more presents that I need to buy. Its mostly bad because we just had to drop $1400 on new snow tires/rims/chains for DH's car.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - probably 6:30 - not early at all.  I'm just lazy cause I can be.  I'd have lots more time in the day to get stuff done if I didn't have to run during their naps... it's also because it's dark - if it were summer I'd have an easier time jumping out of bed for a run.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/