Womens Running

TEMPO RUN THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

SassySparky

I did our favorite workout today!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: You guessed it - 5 miles with 3 at tempo!

NRR: Work and play. I'm a little worried about Big D. He's been feeling really run down since Christmas time (hungry all the time, fatigue, headaches for a few weeks, yesterday he actually had a low grade fever). He always takes a daily multivitamin, so I had him take iron for a few weeks and make some more filling and hearty meals.  \We're both very health-conscious, so it's not like he's eating poorly or not exercising. Both of his parents have thyroid issues so that's my first idea. Any other thoughts?

Anyway I gotta run!

gsdrunner

Sassy: Have a great tempo. Hope DH feels better. I know the flu, stomach bug and other things are going around maybe stress?. One of my DH's coworkers has been dealing with something similar. It seems like he and you are doing all the right things so maybe its time for a check up?

RR: Something during Ms nap. We were going to run outside, but its windy as all get out and I did that yesterday and it was TOUGH running into the wind (guys around 20-25) while pushing M. I swear for 2 miles I was running in place!

NRR: Nothing much, nothing new...  DH is taking off a day next week so we all can go into Raleigh again. The museum there has an exhibit of the Titanic. something like 202 artifacts taken from the ocean floor. I suggested during the week after all DH has 122 vacation hours.  I gotta remember to cut the waffle/pancake batter in half.... we had waffles with banana in them this morning. I made way too much so G&A lucked out and where happy to receive some!

Have  a great day.

MA runner girl

I could really go for a tempo run right now... few more months!! Gotta make this quick... got a request from my boss's boss at the end of the day yesterday so I need to get to it!

RR: Planning on 3 miles after work. Supposed to be in the 40s, hopefully that's true today! It's 50 out right now... crazy!

NRR: Had a good time with my mom last night, I think I made her birthday a good one Smile We chatted a lot about the baby... she's so excited! Yay! Tonight I am planning on making pizza and then doing NOTHING. This is the first week in a looong time that I actually worked 4 days in the office. When I work at home I get an hour to an hour and a half more sleep... I'm so tired! I need more than 8 hours these days...

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

ouch!! it's cold, cold cold!! divas! we're at -35 I believe with windchill this morning. -6 is the regular temperature. but the wind speeds are close to 30 miles an hour....

RR: back home and so glad. did 5 miles this morning on the TM with a 10 min warm up, then speedier for another 20 min, walk for 2 min then speedier again for 10 or so before cool down. felt good.

NRR: work day, then practice for 2nd project interview that's happening tomorrow morning. the entire team arrives today, plus consultant. We'll visit the campus to drive around and get a feel for it, then come back here and practice. hopefully we'll be done by 5pm. we'll see.

I'm up 2 lbs. I don't get it. probably that time of month or something.... grrr.

melrunner

Sassy, hitching maybe some bloodwork to make sure big D is alright???

MA, I read birthday cake pizza. Yuck!! Lol!!! Unless you make a sweet Nutella pizza. Happy birthday to your mom!

GSD, crazy winds wow! Hope the weather cooperates.

Trir, spinning and ST w trainer tonight.

NtriR so my SIL agreed they would go to Weddinng, but I'm not sure if that means the girls will walk so ill send her email today. Brother has no opinion, he won't stand up for his family and hello whatever she says. Sad situation.....

gotta go.,

xoxo

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: Last nights run outside was ruined by fog so dense that I could not see 3 inches in front of my face. So I headed to the gym instead. If it's not foggy when I get home tonight I'll run outside, but if I can't go outside then I'll head to the gym for a few miles.

NRR: SIL is STILL waiting for the baby! I called my brother last night and he said that they went to the doctor yesterday and she isn't even dialated. They go back Monday if nothing happens before then and they'll induce her.

I've been TRYING to get my 8 hours of sleep. I've been asleep by 10 p.m. every night this week...and I don't have to get up till 6:30, so technically I should get 8.5 hours of sleep. However, every morning this week I've woken up at 5:30 feeling fully rested. I've lasted thru an entire day of work, managed to get to the gym every day this week, wrote lesson plans and then watched my favorite shows on TV and been in bed by 10 p.m. It used to be that I would drag myself out of bed at 6:30, struggle thru the day, get home at 4:30 and go to sleep for the night. Can I just say how amazing it is to have energy to go things? I FINALLY feel ALIVE! (I feel even better this time than after the first surgery) Now I realize how sick I was for many years. I made so many excuses for feeling the way I did. I was so afraid to admit that something was wrong, even though I knew for many years something was just not right. It's so wonderful to finally feel like I should have all along! Smile

No time for personals. Have a great Thursday ladies! We are so close to the weekend.

SassySparky

GSD - it seems to be more than just a cold/flu, so he's definitely ready for a check-up. oooh ... that Titanic exhibit sounds interesting. We haven't taken G to a museum yet, our weekends have been wild lately. We're going to our first music class at Gymboree this weekend!

MA - soon enough!! And honestly I think you'd be fine if you felt like pushing it for a little bit during a run. Enjoy your relaxing night. Glad you had a nice day with your mom!

Lizo - Great TM workout idea!

Meli - that's what I'm thinking (blood work for Big D). I hope the SIL email goes well.

RLTW - I'm so glad you are feeling better, and fingers crossed it stays this way!

monk717

This is a looooong week... yesterday in the afternoon I felt like it was Friday, and today I feel like Friday, but its not Friday until tomorrow!

ER: Nothing today.

NER: The baby shower at work was good. I got some baby items from the price is right game, some money and a nice big fleece blanket. I feel so loved! A seems to be having a hard time with the potty training suddenly after doing great for about three weeks, not sure whats up with that. I stayed up way too late last night with DH watching "Miracle," the movie about 1980 US Hockey... I am not a hockey fan at all but I did enjoy it. I really need to try to hoard the sleep though in the next couple weeks! Not too much else going on at the moment... I want to schedule a massage but I am not sure when I want to do it or when I can do it.

TXAginMS

Sassy- Is Big D not the type to go to the doctor? Sounds like he might need to get checked out. Especially if its been going on this long.

GSD- OMG the wind was SOOO bad here too! I don't know how you pushed a stroller in it! I wimped out and switched my rest days yesterday so that I didnt have to do it. I ran in it Tues and that was enough for me. The Titanic exhibit was at some museum I went to last year or the year before. I thought it was really cool. Def worth seeing (course, I like old rotten stuff from the bottom of the sea so I dunno if you'll like it).

MA- You're doing so well with your running. I'm so impressed! That's cute that your mom is so excited.

lizo- Good luck with your project interview!

mel- Ugh, I hate family drama. It's so unnecessary. I hope she lets her girls walk down the aisle in your wedding.

RLTW- I'm so happy you're finally feeling like yourself again. That is so great!!! I hope it continues like this for you.

monk- That's pretty cool that they threw you a baby shower at work!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: FINALLY got out for 6 yesterday. Running again after work today. It's getting up to 51 here!! That is WARM!! I was sweating enough yesterday. Maybe I'll run in shorts today?!? Hoping to get off the cold meds, too..I have been having the weirdest dreams.

NRR: DBF got home late last night, so I gave him a brief run down on things, but we'll have to catch up more tonight. I'm in full-speed ahead mode because I'm leaving on Sunday evening for almost two weeks for work-related stuff. I'm very excited but I want to make sure things here at the house are cool before I take off. DBF is still coughing, and he said people at his workshop were sick, too. I hope I don't get sick again.

Sassy - Hmm. Could it just be the time of year? Not enough sunshine, etc?

GSD - That is a lot of PTO. Some people at my job have reached their limits, so they have to take days off so they don't "lose" PTO. I don't get it. Your job isn't THAT important that you never take a vacation.

MA - Sounds like we're having similar weather, for once!  Glad you had fun with your mom last night.

Lizo - Good luck on your practicing!  Dang, it is COLD where you are!

Mel - Well at least your brother's family is comign to the wedding. Sorry it's causing you so much stress.

TXAginMS

RR: Rest day yesterday. Today I have 4 on my schedule. Hopefully it won't be as windy as it has been.

NRR: I booked a wedding yesterday!! So excited. I had talked to this girl at the Bridal Fair and now she wants to hire me. Other than that there's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now. I may post on Facebook in a few.

lizo_77

sassy: boo about big D feeling sick. could he have the flu that's just been taking it's time showing up? Is he willing to go to the doc?

gsd: mmm... banana waffles! love them! that's good that your DH has some vacation hours to use up! Smile

MA: hope you get that make up sleep sometime soon!

mel: boo about your wedding drama! so sorry you have to deal with that stress!

rltw: so so glad you're sleeping well and feeling rested!  if you're feeling fine, I say go with what your body says.

monk: that's awesome about the baby shower at work! and the stuff you got!

outwest: yay for nice weather! lots of sickness going around.... hope you can get off your cold meds!

tex: congrats on booking the wedding!!

NorCal

Hi ladies!

RR. 5 miles sometime today, either this morning or afternoon. Trying to decide!

NRR. Two job interviews today, not too excited about either, but at least they are some options. We lost one of my favorite employees at work yesterday (that makes 3 + 1 just gave notice since December...). It's became a really hostile work environment!

Doing business stuff at home before interviews, nothing too exciting!

Sassy- DH has chronic anemia (there's a real name for it but I never remember...) where his body doesn't absorb iron at all, so he's always anemic. He isn't too affected by it, but does have bouts of extreme tiredness and he doesn't ever stay up past like 9pm and gets really tired if he gets a cold or something. So it does sound kind of similar to Big D, so hopefully extra iron, and more rest will help?

Monk- How nice of your coworkers, that shower sounds sweet!!

MA- Glad you had a good nice with your mom!

Tex- Super exciting to book a wedding!!! CONGRATS!! your booth looked SO amazing, I'm not surprised that people were impressed!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

GSD leftover waffles freeze really well! we make a double batch then freeze the extras so we have homemade freezer waffles!