Womens Running

Meh, Its Monday (Supermoms) (Read 14 times)

runninmer

Morning!  Figured I would start the thread and see if anyone joins in.  I don't have FB at work, so I can't participate in that thread.

RR:  SRD.  Did 8 yesterday as my weekend LR and am feeling some stiffness in my pelvis on the right side.  Timing would be right for another sfx.

BR:  Is cutting teeth like crazy.  Had two come through and now has a total of FIVE!  I can also see swollen gums around at least 3 more on top.

TR:  Is always a hot mess on Sunday's when we go to church.  Went to the park afterward and had a meltdown when it was time to go.  He took a 3 hour nap which is totally unlike him.

NRR:  I'm tired.  No matter how much I sleep, I can't seem to catch up.  I have also been having crazy night sweats.  I had a hot flash last night right before bed.  I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat.  Gross.

FR:  Grilled turkey burgers.  Yum

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

mer - i had crazy night sweats for the longest time after having R. how many times have you had a sfx? I hope the pain is just a normal running pain and goes away!

-------

RR - tapering anxiety is in full force, 50 miler is saturday

NRR - have an offer on our house and were supposed to close last week, it got pushed back an entire month because they have some type of government loan that takes forever to process,

TR - saturday he said to me " i dont feel good, my heart feels frozen" think we have watched frozen too many times?

KR - gymnastics tonight, always says she wants to go and then cries when we get there, hoping today is the day she doesn't cry

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
        RR - 10k sometime, I have a meeting at noon, so I'm tempted to just leave work a bit early and run before I pick up O.

KR - watched Tangled yesterday, but didn't love it. She does not fit the standard girl cookie cutter well.

TR - hard to keep pants on her! and her sleepsack too - which we've been putting on backwards but she's been managing to get it almost all the way unzipped.

NRR - spent the weekend organizing, got the new china cabinet/hutch and filled it, got a new desk for our computer, and went through my junk pile and moved everything over to the desk and into drawers etc. My house has been so messy and disorganized since the old dining set went that it feels good to finally get it a bit in order again.

mer - I hope you don't have a sfx!!  Yikes on the teeth!  I'll be glad to never have another teething baby - I like the non teething ones, but teething sucks.

moxie - good luck this weekend!  LOL on the frozen heart, a couple weeks ago M was running around zapping us and freezing us.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

moxie - SO GOOD to "see" you on here!  I am excited for you and your race this weekend.  Have you decided which pizza place you are going to go to?  I have had two pelvic sfx (one on each side) and then last June he suspected one in my ankle and put me in the boot.  That sucks about closing being pushed off so much.  I hate uncertainty and that would drive me nuts!  Oh, I think I am going to book our hotel room for July so I know we get the room we want and then wait to sign up for the race. Smile  DH and I watched Frozen last Friday and he hated it!  I thought it was cute!

CAR - Yeah, I am hoping this is our last teething baby, but DH and I can't come to a consensus.  I would love to organize.  Our basement looks like Target/Kohls/Carters puked all of its clothes in it. Again, if DH would make a decision, I could either sell or get rid of all of our clothes that we will never use.  Your marathon is coming up quick, right?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD. Will try to write race report this morning.

KR - had fun with grandma during the race yesterday. Did not understand why mommy was lying on a table and couldn't move.

FR - veggie omelets, oven potatoes - DH bought a new oven element and it is fixed.

NRR - finished an entire bottle of bubbly by myself last night. Amazing that I only have a very mild hangover.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

Mer- oh I hope you don't have a sfx.  Teething is rough.  I hope those teeth cut through quickly!

Moxie-  I hope the offer and closing work out the way you want!  Selling and buying is so stressful, at least I find it to be.  Your race is so soon!  Time flys.

ca-  I hope it's nice weather for your 10k.  Is the snow gone Now? Cute about O undressing, it's a bit chilly to not wear pants.

zorbs- enjoy your rd and congrats on sub 4 yesterday!  You totally deserved that bottle of bubbly!

~

rr- 12k later With the stroller.  I planned to go early this morning but opted for sleep instead. 

Br- watched DH remove the vent cover while vacuuming and now pulls them all off.  I'm going to have to figure out if there is a way to secure them.  I don't want her to start putting toys into them.  she catches on so fast.  I'm really going to have to watch my language if she starts to parrot what we say when she talks more. 

Nrr- our fence has to be replaced and the dog has started to jump it, she knows where the broken post is.  thankfully we are on a quiet street, but it's really annoying to have to run outside in your pjs with a kid in your arms and apologize to the neighbor out walking their nicely behaved leashed dog.  I think she has lost her yard privileges until we fix the fence.   

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Haven't run since Friday. SI joint is out, having some mild sciatica, plus DH did a command shift this weekend and I had no one to pawn R off onto. Going to the chiro after work for an adjustment.

TR: Saying some hilarious stuff lately. On Saturday he jumped off a chair and hurt his foot and wouldn't put any weight on it until about mid-day Sunday.

FR: I jarred up my sauerspargel yesterday but forgot to eat some at dinner time.

NRR: Got my sprinkler parts purchased, wasn't as expensive as our plumber estimated (but I wasn't able to get a few items at Home Depot), DH and friends will install while I'm in Denver. After that is done we will put in landscape curbing and hydroseed the yard. We will take our time putting in plants, the grass is our main focus this summer.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I wondered where everyone was on Thursday! I sure hope its not a SFX! I've been having the same exhaustion and heat problem you have. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the season change, I think.

Moxie- lol at the frozen heart. Ugh those USDA and VA loans take forever.

CA- I didn't like the super girly movies when I was a kid. My favorite Disney movie was Sword in the Stone.

zorbs- champagne/wine gives me nasty hangovers- more of a headache than beer or liquor.

Kant- my kiddo is the same way, I can't do stuff in front of him otherwise he will be doing it as soon as I turn my back.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Afternoon ladies!  I haven't around in awhile but I read when I can.  Life is crazy busy.  I can't seem to get it to slow down.

RR:  TM after work or a few at the park while C rides his bike - which ever he is in the mood for.  Left calf is not happy with me after 15ish on the trails Sat then 10 on the TM yesterday.

KR:  Playdate Monday.  Went to school to watch them walk around in circles with their umbrellas.  The stupidest thing ever but he loved it.

NRR:  LOVING  my new Subaru.  Seriously, I don't know why I waited so long to get a bigger car.  Now that I don't really need the stroller, I can actually fit it in the back.

FR:  DH is gone so whatever I please, I am thinking omelets.

Ok, be back for personals in a sec.

beckykay

Mer:   Boo on the pelvis.  I hope you can catch up on the sleep.  When my allergies are bad, I feel like that.  I just want to sleep and sleep.

Moxie:  Ugh.  We have a VA loan and it took forever.

CA:  I tried to organize the dinning room this weekend, it doesn't look any better Wink

Zorbs:  Can't wait to read the race report!

Kant:  Our lab can't be in the yard without us.  He doesn't jump even though he could if he wanted to - he's a digger.

Spike:  I hope the chiro can get the SI joint fixed!

moxieluvah

CA - i love that feeling after doing a bunch of organizing! Definitely sneak out early to get that run in!

mer - you said toppers was better pizza right? do they have dine in or just delivery? my rp and I both like pizza the night before but I am worried about trying pizza someplace new, i hope it's not too greasy.

zorbs - congrats on the sub 4, definitely an awesome accomplishment!

kant - oh no on the vent covers, kids watch/notice everything!

spike - i was just saying to DH this weekend that we really should be writing down all the funny things the kids say, toddlers are hilarious!

becky - i have been busy and  not posting too. enjoy the new car!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - it's on June 1st, this is the last big week before taper.

Kant - nope we got a big dump of snow on the weekend so we're back to white again - though the paths and roads are melted.  Do you have carpet or hardwood, I noticed friends w/ hard floors had packing tape holding their vent covers down, but that wouldn't work w/ carpet.  Eeek on the fence hopping dog!  I'm sure our pointer could hop a 5-6 ft fence but luckily he doesn't know it.

spike - hope the chiro can fix you up quick!  Sounds like a good plan for your yard, lots of work I'm sure though, but I guess if you do it right it should hopefully be easier to maintain.

becky - wowsers, you ran a lot of miles this weekend!  Nice work.  New cars are so much fun, DH's newer car has so many gadgets and such, I always steal his when I can Smile  I almost took a pic of my dining room "after" because it looked like a bomb went off.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by 5.75 miles this morning. It was beautiful out- I think spring is here to stay! Had a really good 10.5 mile LR on Saturday- happy that I've still been able to run this distance this far into pregnancy.

TR: ate twice as much faro wheat for dinner last night as I did. It's the first time I made it, and I didn't expect him to really eat much, but he loved it! Spent about 1.5hrs at the park this morning, he made friends with another little boy and they ran around together most of the time. So cute.

NRR: weekend went by in a blur- we were busy! R's new room is all ready for paint. Now I just have to pick a color. lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mer- oh no! I hope your pelvis stays healthy. Are you planning to try to rest it a bit this week to see if that helps? so frustrating. Sorry about J melting down at church, but I'm glad he took a nice long nap for you Sunday. Ugh, sorry about the tiredness. I hate feeling like I can never catch up on sleep.

moxie- HEY! I was thinking about you and that your race must be soon. I'm so excited for you this coming weekend. Is this your first 50 miler? I'm contemplating a 50K next fall (2015). Sorry about the house closing delay- that's annoying. Hope it's done soon for you. Lol about the frozen heart. I haven't watched that movie yet.

CA- have a great run today! is this another peak mileage week? Ha, I haven't watched Tangled myself. Sounds like a productive weekend of organizing. Lol, R always managed to escape his sleepsack too, even with the zipper on the back.

zorbs- you KILLED it out there yesterday! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your rest/recovery this week. Haha, a whole bottle of bubbly?! After a marathon I'm buzzing off a half of a beer. I'm a total lightweight anyways when it comes to drinking.

Kant- have a great run! Hahaha, I've found all sorts of things in our heater vents- from toys to food to random magnets off the fridge. It's funny how kids only need to see something once to figure out how it works.

spike- ouch on the SI joint! Hope the chiro visit fixes it today. Do you have the option to swim anywhere? I know that felt great when I had some SI discomfort when I was pg with R. Yay for the sprinkler not being as expensive. Lol, I had to google your FR today. I hope R's foot/ankle are ok!

becky- holy miles this weekend! nice job. yay for a new car!! enjoy it. Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I hope you don't have a sfx! I am surprised that my DH agreed to watch Frozen with me and he didn't hate it.  Usually he prefers drama/zombie movies.

moxie - good luck on your 50 miler! my pacer yesterday used the marathon as a training run for her 50 miler in a few weeks.  I'm sure it was more of a workout than she counted on.  B is the opposite with music class.  He always says he doesn't want to go, but he does and is happy as a clam afterwards.

CA - my mom is a doesn't care about fashion, makeup, anything girly kind of person and tried to make me in the same mold but I rebelled and am the exact opposite.

kant - your runner after the dog image reminds me of something similar I saw yesterday, a mom dashing down the street after her runaway toddler.  Can you duct tape the edges of the heat vents down?

spike - I like this particular bubbly because it is pink, cheap and goes down like ginger ale.  I don't think it is very strong.

becky - I actually wanted to get a smaller car than what I have because of stroller space.  But we are done with the stroller now anyways.

rg - if anyone had seen me staggering to my car after lunch yesterday, they would have called the cops.  But of course I was not drunk.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- No pool, or decent pool I should say. There is a pool at the hotel at the end of town, but its very small. SI flareup really isn't bad. I noticed that one foot was hitting harder than the other last Monday and I had a little trouble doing squats, and it hasn't gotten a ton worse, so I'm going to get some ART done before I have a full blown hip issue.

CA- We will be buying a riding lawnmower, for sure!