Womens Running

Thankful Thursdays! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am so thankful for all of you!!! You ladies lifted my spirits this morning! Why is there no heart emoji!? Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.4 easy miles for me. Gym tonight for some upper body weights.

Glad I took yesterday as a rest day. About 70% of the pain I felt yesterday was gone today. Still feeling some tightness in my left hamstring..but run felt pretty good! COLD…28 degrees. We are in for some snow on Sunday! I better pick up some baking supplies Smile

Thank you all SO. MUCH. for your sweet words! I was almost in tears again this morning reading them. So lucky to have a support system here with you ladies! I took the news pretty hard yesterday. I think it was a combination of work crap (mammal screwed me over yet again yesterday), HCBF not being around when I needed him and coming down off of a pretty big high from Sunday. I did a lot of crying yesterday (built up stress) but I needed it. I thought this one was in the BAG! They basically told me that on the call Friday. Sucks. I feel very stuck where I am and that I will be stuck in this toxic environment forever. I know thats not the case in reality - just where my mind is. The interviewer wrote me a very nice email making it seem like it wasn’t her decision to go with someone else. She wants to call me and chat sometime today. I am very open to that - commercial property management is a small world! I don’t want to burn bridges. I am still sad but feeling better today - I have to put on my big girl pants and keep on looking. There must be something better out there for me in the future…I have to believe that!

HCBF ended up surprising me last night and got home around 8 (made me cry even more). I felt bad that he drove 2 hours just to fall asleep with me..but he said he knew I needed a hug. God, that boy is just about perfect. RUGER was SO SWEET yesterday..I was seriously crying my eyes out..and he jumped on the bed and whined, put his paw on my arm and started licking my eye balls. LOL. I guess he didn’t want to see me sad.

Run4kupcakes - Are you in for snow this weekend? Nice run yesterday!

Lisa - Ugh, sorry you are still feeling sore! Hopefully the elliptical won’t cause too much pain. You and Kat are right - interview experience.

Sandy - Thank you for your advice yesterday! I was re-reading it this morning Smile I wish you lived closer so we could have downed a few bottles of wine and had a TURD day today. LOL.

Have a good day ladies! On the bright side - I ran today and the sun is shining! WOOT WOOT Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, we may get snow Sunday night,.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, the woman wanting to talk is a good thing. Good things can come out of disappointments. Patience. I know it is hard, but keep the faith. Also, interviews can be a disguised part of networking. <3  <3  <3  

Wednesday I did 35 minutes at home then had to go out for errands. Winter returned but only temporarily. DC has helped me get some paperwork purged. Old copies of stuff like paid bills, etc. don't need to be kept forever. His business experience has helped me a lot.

Today I plan a run inside. DC and I do volunteer work this afternoon at the library so I will get in lots of lifting and pushing.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Rolled over this morning and slept. After yesterday's dental ordeal, I needed it. I changed the smoke detector battery and it is STILL beeping!!! If I don't figure it out today it will be HAMMER TIME!

Sorry Lizzie--I was hoping you would get the job too.  Glad your fellas are taking care of you.

Tessa--congrats to DD!!

I'm lost in serious "I can't get it all done" time...Need to cut the grass tonight before it rains again.

Have a great day!!

Seloc

Lisa – yikes, you really did a number.  OMG I cracked up at your comment to Karen!  I have been reading that way, too.  Stops me in my tracks “I need to go buy weed…”  oh “and feed” haha

HCK – nice speed work!  Nice you were able to miss the big snow!

Lizzie – aww, friend.  I keep thinking about you.  I saw your story on Insta – that is one big azz TV!  Can you tell me what this whole story thing is, anyway?  Inquiring grammas wanna know…  Nice run this morning!  But, ahem, 28* is NOT cold – it’s a virtual heat wave!    Awwww sweet girl.  You are handling the job disappointment SO well, IMO.  And awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on HCBF surprising you last night.  Now I have something in my eye reading about sweet Ruger buddy comforting you.  Dang you.

Karen – haha I keep stumbling on your weed (and feed) haha.  So much productivity!  I do that, too.  If I don’t run on a weekend day, EVERYTHING gets done.  If I do, well then hello couch.  Awww you are sweet to invite me down.  I will stop whining about the weather up here soon.  I hope.  I know you get it.  What we have now would not be a big deal if it was January.  But, March 8?!!  Nope.  I’m DONE.  Soak up that loveliness you have down there right now for me, will ya?!  That has GOT to be the cauuuuuuuuuutest picture of Riley and his toy I have EVER seen.

Cathy – I dog sat yearrrrrrrrrrrrs ago for a Lakeland Terrier!  Sweet dog!  Oh my gosh, I’m excited for you.  Probably not as excited as DD, though haha.

Laura – we sure did get spoiled with the weather.  Ugh on more snow for you.  Hope you were able to get outside again last night.  Awww poor pupper getting knifed.  Hope she is doing better today!!

Sue – oh my gosh on the smoke detector beeping!  LOL on HAMMER TIME.  Isn’t that the truth!!  And those things ALWAYS ALWAYS happen at 2am.  So weird you have to cut the grass and mine is buried under a foot of snow.  Not fair.  LOL

TURD for me.  NOT from too much wine, Lizzie, though I WISH that would have been the case!  I wasted the night before a TURD haha.  Won’t bore you with the reasons since they really are just excuses.  Though, I will tell you that the windchill this morning is 3*.  On MARCH EIGHTH!!  Grumble grumble.  But maybe, just maybe, I will appreciate this rest tomorrow when I’m trying to keep up with the fast girls on a long run.  I’m skeered.  I also ate a cookie as big as my face for breakfast.  Carb loading at it’s best.  Ciao ciao for now…

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Finally Thursday!  WFH again today because DD has a dentist appointment.  Listening in on a presentation right now.  

Lizzie, I felt so so bad for you yesterday!  I felt like crying.  It seems that everything else in your life is falling into place, just this one thing needs to be "fixed"!  Hang in there.  They did make it sound like it was in the bag.  Man.  So sweet of HCBF to go home.  Nice run this morning!  I'm glad the rest paid off.  My brother got 12-14 inches of snow!   The Lakeland Terrier is overly excited about the baby.  They have had to medicate him.  Obviously not the best scenario.  But they are also in a small condo in Minneapolis now, they are moving back here and building a house.  More space may also help.

Sandy,  I am about ready for spring.    DD was busy cleaning her room yesterday, in preparation for a dog.  I guess it's OK if we don't get this particular dog, we should really put up a fence for our backyard first.  Especially since the neighbors behind us have a pit bull that is not trained at all.  They let her out on a leash to do her business but she "escapes" a lot.  She doesn't go back when they call her so they just let her run around until she decides to go back.  Anyway, it would be nice to have an enclosed area where a dog can just run around.     Funny about your VB team and not one is athletic!    As long as they are having fun.  Well, if they haven't played at all before then they should improve quickly?  Haha, younger DD loves her high top Chuck Taylors.  Though she won't wear purple or pink anymore.  

Lisa, hope you continue to feel better!

Karen, aww, cute pic of Riley!  Dogs are definitely a mood booster.  It's hard to be sad around them!  

Waves to everyone!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, it's good the woman wants to talk to you...you never know the bozo they hired may not work out.  I've seen it happen too many times.  Keep the faith!. BF and Ruger are the best.  Our fur babies always know when we need their love.

International Woman's Day and I want to say you all are my inspiration, every last one of you keep me thinking I can do anything I set my mind to.  Thank you.

Sue, I wish I could have rolled over, seems like this week will never end.

Hi Judy.  Nice minutes as always.

Lisa I would think the arm movement on the elliptical would be painful...I'd have opted for the MWNN (the Arc Trainer).

Sandy I hope you get some nice weather soon. Seems like an overly long winter up that ways.

Cathy with a terrier, we had a Jack Russell, you might just get a running buddy. Most terriers are pretty high energy but I don't know anything about the Lakeland Terrier.

Dropped Jasper off at the vet so she can work him in and let me know what's going on.  I think it's his teeth, he's going on 12 years so I'm hoping it's an easy solution and not too painful for him.  He doesn't seem in pain, just won't eat, still drinks water though so that's a good sign.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, that is great about the woman wanting to talk.  I think something good will come of it.  Aren't our pets sweet, they know when we need our eyeballs licked.  Glad you were able to get a few miles in and are feeling better.

HCK, snow. blech.

Judy, enjoy your volunteer time.

Sue, that is annoying about the beeping.

Sandy, no excuses needed for a TURD. TURDs are self explanatory laziness and goodness.  Smile

Cathy, just a piece of trivia - Bill Cosby used to breed very nice Lakelands.

Diane, good thoughts to Jasper.

Karen, sweet Riley likes his toy!!

7 hours of lecture over 8 hours left...  I am hoping the line for Sbux isn't crazy long like yesterday.  I had a cup of tea, but really could use a triple shot...  Then later I will get to spend $8 on a slice of pizza or $14 on a crappy burger for lunch.  Sad when you look forward to the airport for cheaper and better food...

Dinner last night with mom was great.  Food was excellent and it was lovely to spend more time with her.  She is going to come visit this summer.

I am SO looking forward to getting home, though the bed here at the hotel is FAB - nicer than mine.  Just super comfy.

For some dumb reason I am signed up for a Saturday race - flipping 3 hours away?????  What was I thinking, no way I am going.  What possessed me I have zero idea.

Sigh.....  Time to shower and head to the conference.  At least I will have 32 or 33 of 34 hours needed for 2 yrs.  I have a sneaking suspicion I might not make my last class...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

Kat....laughing about signing up for a race and not knowing what the heck you were thinking!  LOL, I have been on the verge of doing that before, but have stopped myself.  Did not realize that Vegas was so danged expensive!  Never been there.

Awww Lizzie....so sorry about the job, but good that she wants to talk with you!  Sweet of HCBF and Ruger!  You have 2 great boys there.  One can be very emotional after a marathon, especially one that is a PR!  Between that and the job it is no wonder you cried all day. Wish I could have given you a big hug.  You're so cute....

Sandy...no snow here, but still cold.  I was in tears at home this morning, came downstairs and told DH I am just so tired of being cold....he is used to me complaining.  LOL, don't be skeered!

TURD for me, just didn't feel like it!  Upper yesterday with trainer.

Granddaughter made varsity softball...so let the games begin.  Although, it will be miserably cold, I may be a fair weather fan unless I can see from my heated car!

Sue...have you taken the hammer to the fire detector yet?

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Elliptical was okay this morning. I pretty much let the legs do the work and the handles sort of guide the arms back and forth. Felt good to move at least even if slowly. I can say that I slept like a baby...those of you who have been with infants know that isn't necessarily a good thing... up every couple of hours. LOL

Lizzie-yes, her wanting to talk with you afterwards is a good thing. Be upbeat and positive. The way someone handles not getting a job can have a huge impact on being considered the next time around. Professional and interested is the best way to go. Have faith that the other person was indeed more qualified in some way or better suited for the challenges vs allowing yourself to imagine conspiracy theories...even if the HR person plants some seeds along those lines. Things happen for a reason and the next opportunity may be an even better match for your skill set, abilities, experiences and what motivates you. Still hard to be rejected. There are always so many factors involved when making a decision between strong candidates. Post marathon/big race is pretty emotional. I found myself crying in a jacuzzi the other night. Post long race, PMS, ribs hurting, one beer and hot water just brought them out. Was feeling pretty down on myself. Sometimes just realizing that the triggers aren't the sole reason but it's the combination of all of them that can bring on the tears. Sort of like hitting the wall.

Judy-cleaning up paperwork is good!

Sue-ugh on the smoke detector beeping away. Maybe making a list will help to get over the "can't get it all done" feeling. You'll see that you are actually getting a lot done. And realize that some things just aren't that pressing.

Sandy-Yuck on the windchill.. chilly here in MI too but a bit warmer than that!

Cathy-so fun getting that new doggie!

Diane-we all inspire each other! I didn't think that the effort from pushing down with legs would be received well in ribs so opted for the smoother elliptical. Hope your Jasper is okay! Was looking at the OK races.. not a plethora of them though, are there? LOL

Kathryn-drunk race registering??? That's sort of how I ended up at Antelope Canyon.  Registered while drinking wine in the Minneapolis airport on the way to Missoula/Salmon last July.

Ginny-I bet you are such a great influence for your granddaughters! Cool that they made varsity!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I ran 12 with 5 @ HMP on the TM this morning.  Pilates tonight.

Lizzie, nice run.  Glad your pain is feeling better.  Awww, BF.

HCK, hiya!

Judy, enjoy the run and volunteering.

Susan, sleeping in is good.

Sandy, sorry for the TURD day.

Cathy, hoping the dentist appointment goes well.

Diane, hoping Jasper is OK.

Kat, glad you had fun with mom and hoping you survive the talks.

Ginny, sorry about the TURD day as well.

Lisa, nice job on the elliptical.  Hoping you are healing nicely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Jasper has gastroenteritis so the vet has given him antibiotics and some other stuff to help.  We got it before he was dehydrated so gets to come home.  Teeth and mouth were ok...poor little guy.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Almost time to get out of here. I think I am going to do a body pump this afternoon. I forgot they offered it at 4:30 on Thursdays.

HCBF had to go back to the beach Sad I was hoping he would be able to stay.

Judy – Totally agree on the networking. Way to go on the purge..I need to do that too. Have fun today volunteering!

Susan – ARGH on the smoke detector. I took the battery out and unplugged from the ceiling months ago. If our house caught on fire I would be screwed.

Sandy – Uhm, cookies for breakfast is fine by me! Smile You are running long tomorrow?! Are you pulling a Liz? Smile You will appreciate the rest tomorrow Smile Instagram stories..hmm..I just got into them because I finally figured out how to do it. Its just pictures added throughout the day. Same thing as posting. I only do it because I don’t want to blow up peoples Instagram feeds with dog pictures. LOL. You can use them for anything though!

Cathy – Awe, you’re sweet. I will try my best to hang in there! 12-14 inches of snow!!! WOW!!! Interesting about the terrier being overly excited about the baby! Hmm..wonder why he is doing that. When will you know if you will have a new addition??? Completely agree that it is hard to be sad around a dog! I hope you get this little guy Smile Enjoy your WFH!

Diane – Awe, thinking of Jasper! Poor guy!! He needs some kisses!

Kathryn – You are almost there! I would probably skip the last class too. Don’t listen to me I am a bad influence. I bet you are looking forward to going home! Awesome about your mom coming to visit!!!

Lisa – I screenshot what you said so I can read that over and over. Thank you for the advice!! I am glad I am not the only one who gets emotional after a race! The good thing is you aren’t training for anything right now, right? The injury could have happened before Antelope which would have sucked! At least you were able to get some sleep last night!LOL at drunk race registering. Havent we all done that?!

Ginny – You get emotional after a race too!? Whew, I am not weird then. Or too weird anyway Smile Thanks for the sweet words! Congrats to your GD!! How exciting!! Are they starting already?

Docket – Wow, nice run this morning!

Have a great evening everyone! I was noticing it lighter earlier this morning..can't believe I will be going to sleep when its daylight next week.

Seloc

Slow day and ready to get outa here!  PTO for me tomorrow - play date with fastie RBs.  Beers post run.  If they don’t kill me, that is.

Cathy – hey, that’s a good way to get a kid to clean their room – tell them they are getting a dog!  Haha.  Or, maybe she’s a bit of a goof like me – when I was a kid I LOVED cleaning my room and it was very type A everything in its place.  My sisters used to get back at me by messing up my dresser drawers.  Yikes on the neighbor’s pit bull!  And, you are right, I am surprised I’ve seen improvement already with the goofy VB girls.

Diane – overly long winter indeed.  Thanks.  Get well wishes to Jasper.  Glad he gets to come home tonight!

Kat – wellllll, in this case, I actually wasn’t lazy – unusual, but true.  I just get talked into changing my schedule all around for others that do not follow through.  Glad you had a nice visit with your mama!  OMG LOL on the half marathon THREE hours away on Sat.  Um, nope, haha.  Hope your day goes fast and safe travels home!

Ginny – high five to fellow TURD!!  Congrats to DGD – you’ve got quite the little athlete.  But, yeah, OMG those early season outdoor games are brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccollllllllllld.

Lisa – nice job eliipticalling but ooof on all the continued pain.  Cracking up at the AC sign up whilst drinking.  I totally remember when you guys got stuck for awhile at MSP!

Damaris – holy CRAP – killin it on a Thursday morning.  After 8 mi in rush hour yesterday??  Where’s the bowing purple man.  You are freakin awesome.

Lizzie – awww, sorry HCBF won’t be around tonight.  But, you’ll have your snuggle buddy!!  Not sure how long we are running tomorrow and it won’t be until 9am.  One RB is HIGH maintenance so we have to do what SHE wants to do.  Or experience the venom and wrath.  Ha ha.  Just really over her attitude lately but I will suck it up and just smile and nod.  And be dreaming of the post run beers.  Do you like cats?  I follow #catsofinstagram and there is something that makes me laugh every single day.  I sent you today’s it’s sooooooooo funny.

Adios, amigas!!