Womens Running

RISE AND SHINE, WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 17 times)

gsdrunner

Well, we are off to a good start..... I got the day right! LOL. Big grin

gsdrunner

RR: Got in 5 yesterday. Today is lifting then running... which should be very interesting since I ALWAYS do it the other way.  I started lifting with DH and he has taught me so much. And the few days we done it together, I have seen a huge improvement.  I see why when he lifts he builds muscle and why the teams are some pretty lean built machines.

NRR: Up early to get DH off to the airport. M and I will have some time together. The weather is supposed to be cooler for the next few days, so I figured I would take her to the zoo. I figured the animals would be out and bout in the nicer weather.  I am with Leela. I am over summer more the humidity than anything..... but I think M & I need to get back on routine. We are thinking about starting potty training. She has been so interested in what we are doing and helping (handing TP) -- I know that we TMI. But I can't wait for the diaper thing to be over with.

Have a great day!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: Rest day! My tired quads need it! I will probably do arms and abs tonight, haven't been doing that as often as I'd like.

NRR: Just working, trying to be productive and get lots of little experiments crossed off the to do list. I have to run to the grocery store and library tonight b/c OF COURSE we forgot one or two things, you know? I hear Griffin chatting in bed so I'm going to scramble and get a quick shower before he is ready to get up. He likes to sit in the quiet and wake up before we go in to see him so I have a few minutes!

GSD - I am really looking forward to this winter after my marathon so I can focus on weights and ST for a little bit! Have a good day with M!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

Morning!

RR: Hip flexor still hurts a bit but I don't think its anything serious. I hadn't planned on running today anyway but probably could have.

NRR: Since P is sleeping through the night again I put him in the room with A last night. It all went fine! He's getting really talkative lately though, and when he woke up to eat this morning, A woke up too with his babbling. Luckily I told her it wasn't time for her to get up yet and she went back to sleep! Put P back down in the pack n play after he ate. I'm hoping we can finally transition to reclaiming our bedroom! Sidenote: If its possible, P is even happier than he was before. He's always smiling and babbling and looking around! Its so neat to see these changes just in the last few days.

DH and I made a list of everything (or at least most things) we want to do in Vegas last night. We're still on the fence about the Hoover Dam because of the time it will take from other activities and how we'll get there. We won't rent a car for the whole trip, so we'd have to rent for the day. Its way too expensive to rent on the strip (Avis at our hotel is $180 vs $30 from the airport). We paid for airport transfers. So do we NEED to go to the Hoover Dam?

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Thinking of trying a couple miles.. maybe I'll go at my mom's so I don't have the added effort of pushing C. It's been a week since my last run, I'm dying!

NRR: It was nice to be able to get some work done yesterday with my mom watching C for a few hours. We decided to repeat today! It's supposed to be gorgeous so pool day after. I could get used to this SAHM thing Big grin Oh and C is now getting up on all fours. The kid is out of control! He keeps waking up at 12, I'm starting to think he's not really hungry... but he doesn't calm down until I put him to boob. I thought I was, but I don't think I'm ready for CIO... at least not in the middle of the night.

GSD - Nice job with the ST! I really need to get better about that. Enjoy getting back to a routine with M. I'll be kinda glad to find a routine after my mom's vacation is over.

Sassy - Enjoy your rest day!  C likes to hang out in bed too. He's so happy in the morning, he's just rolling around in there for a bit babbling away.

Mnk - Yay for happy boys! I didn't go to the hoover dam when I went to vegas, and I don't feel like I missed anything. But you know, you don't really know what you're missing until you go...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

It's been a while! I'm back! I only have to work 2 days since Friday is our off day.

RR: Running 4 tonight with DH (hopefully, DH had to fly to MN and is trying to get back today). Swam 2000yds this morning.

NRR: Had a great weekend up in IL with my parents/gma. We went camping along a canal that was great for running for 2 nights (camping as in sleeping in an air conditioned cabin with beds...) The other 2 days enjoyed the pool and family time. Got in a few great runs as well, and tried to enjoy the slightly cooler mornings. It was 98 deg the first day we were there!

GSD: Great job on the 5. Enjoy the cooler weather and the zoo.

Sassy: Enjoy the rest day! Good luck getting everything done!

Monk: You can sign up for a trip at the hotel where they come and pick you up to go to the dam. It is really neat to see if you have time to do it.

MA: Enjoy the pool day after you get your work done!

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: nada yet. totally turned over and went back to sleep this morning. so hopefully something tonight! Needing to take it a little easier anyway, given the half marathon this weekend!

NRR: normal work. tonight, making the fish that we caught over the weekend! Smile  we planted some hastas and sedum this weekend that we got from M's dad out of his garden. So I have been tending them. hopefully they catch, and next spring we can have a new garden! Smile

Sassy: loving the treadmill! good luck with the experiments!

gsd: hope your DH travels safe! and enjoy the zoo. sounds like fun!

monk: awww. that's so cute with P and I'm glad he and A can share a room now! enjoy your bedroom back!

MA: hopefully C get's his schedule down good again and quits with the midnight wakeups. glad you're enjoying the SAHM life! Smile

SassySparky

Monk - I don't think you need to see the Hoover Dam, it was neat but definitely not worth the cost of a rental car or time away from Vegas. We drove through it on our way into Vegas from the Grand Canyon, so it was on the way, but we only stayed for ~5 minutes.

MA - good luck running today! C reminds me of G in so many ways, he was doing pushups and up on all fours aroun this time last year!

PO - hope DH makes it back. great job on your swim! your weekend sounds nice!

Lizo - I love all the house and yard work you do!

LucyBelle

I'm on the ipad so this might be quick and jumbled. CRF takes the laptop to school now...he needs to get his own!!! Typing on the ipad sucks.

No running for me today, haven't run since Monday, no time! Maybe ST tonight if I get out of work at a reasonable hour. Last Wednesday I didn't get home till 10;45. We are down to 10 days till the wedding, eek! I will obsessively start checking the weather forecast...NOW. Hahaha.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Maybe yoga tonight.

NRR: I slept like a log last night, and we had thunderstorms, which was cool, but man it is a b!tchcake Tuesday over here. I think I need to get coffee once I get to work - my head is killing me. Work was frustrating yesterday because I found I will be gone part of the 3rd week of this month, in addition to the 2nd and 4th weeks, which I already knew about. Boo!! I know it's my fault for starting to plan and figure out workout schedules and stuff like that.. counting my chickens before they hatch.

GSD - Glad you are enjoying ST! I love lifting.

Sassy - Seriously, it's always something.. but if I do a  COMPLETE list of everything, I feel like I spent way too much money and have extras.

Monk - I saw the Hoover Dam when I was there, but I already had a rental car, plus we were running on a rails-to-trails to actually get to the dam. It was okay. It's a huge dam, so unless you're an engineer, it probably won't be that exciting. I took pictures for the guys at work, who LOVED it.

MA - Glad you're enjoying the SAHM thing so far!

PO - Sounds like you had a great trip! What did you eat for dinner with DH gone?

Lizo - Ooh, I love sedum.  I want my own place where I can garden.

Luc - 10 days!! I was wondering how close it was getting. Whatever happened about the blind date your cousin is bringing?

SassySparky

OWR - I slept like a log last night too, even without melatonin! sorry work was frustrating yesterday. We always spend so much money at the grocery store, it's ridiculous, then there are at least 2 inevitable trips back to get more and we spend another $15-30!

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Maybe yoga tonight.

NRR: I slept like a log last night, and we had thunderstorms, which was cool, but man it is a b!tchcake Tuesday over here. I think I need to get coffee once I get to work - my head is killing me. Work was frustrating yesterday because I found I will be gone part of the 3rd week of this month, in addition to the 2nd and 4th weeks, which I already knew about. Boo!! I know it's my fault for starting to plan and figure out workout schedules and stuff like that.. counting my chickens before they hatch.

GSD - Glad you are enjoying ST! I love lifting.

Sassy - Seriously, it's always something.. but if I do a  COMPLETE list of everything, I feel like I spent way too much money and have extras.

Monk - I saw the Hoover Dam when I was there, but I already had a rental car, plus we were running on a rails-to-trails to actually get to the dam. It was okay. It's a huge dam, so unless you're an engineer, it probably won't be that exciting. I took pictures for the guys at work, who LOVED it.

MA - Glad you're enjoying the SAHM thing so far!

PO - Sounds like you had a great trip! What did you eat for dinner with DH gone?

Lizo - Ooh, I love sedum.  I want my own place where I can garden.

Luc - 10 days!! I was wondering how close it was getting. Whatever happened about the blind date your cousin is bringing?

melrunner

GSD, I’m so jealous of your cooler temps. I wish.

Sassy, enjoy your rest day!

Monk, I’d spend the money watching a show instead! I went and saw one of the Cirque Soleil shows. I love them and have seen quite a few!! What hotel are you all staying at? How exciting!

Ma, I hope you have a painfree run!

PO, Welcome back! 98 degrees in Chi? Wowsers!!! IS DH interviewing in MN or there for work?

Lizo, how nice that you cooked the fish you caught! You sound like Mr. and Mrs. PO!!

Lucy, 10 days!! Wow!!!!!!!

OWR, Enjoy your rest day. Where will you be traveling to?

Leela, great seeing you yesterday!!! What race are you training for?

TriR: Swam 1:15 this morning. Last night cut my run short to 5 miles instead of 8 to not aggravate my PF.

NtriR: volunteering tonight at the hospital. Sushi Lunch date with my hottie husband today.

Have a good day girls.

LucyBelle

Outwest: How can it be Bitchcakes Tuesday when it's Wednesday!? My cousin is still bringing the blind date. And after talking to my mom about approving extra guests and hoping it was resolved, she called me yesterday to tell me she gave the OK for someone else to bring an extra guest. Don't even get me started. Angry

I actually had a doctor's appt this morning to get Xanax for the day of the wedding...not kidding...Undecided

outwestrunner

Sassy - Maybe grocery shopping is a lesson in how you can't be in control of every single little thing? Wink

Meli - I have two trips to Nebraska, and one to Utah. Utah will be pretty, and the Nebraska trip will be with another botanist so at least I will be understood when I start talking plants. That's actually a really good thing. Most of the time, I"m the sole speaker of my language.

Lucy - Well, Lucy, it goes like this.. when we have Monday off, Tuesday is actually like Monday, so Wednesday is technically the Tuesday (i.e., second work day) of the week. Thus today is my B!tchcake Tuesday.  Joking  Seriously, though, wow, I cannot believe your mom! I kind of wish I was going to your wedding, so I could watch the awkwardness of the first date. You're okay if I invite myself, right? Just send me the address!   I know it's all frustrating now, but I'm pretty sure when the day arrives, you and CRF will forget all the drama and have a wonderful day! I can't wait to see pictures!

L e e l a

Hi there, ladies!

RR - 8.5 aerobic heart rate miles with the Wednesday group.  Went a bit faster than usual since many of the speedy women who ran the 4 Miler joined us as they recover from the race.  It was much cooler out and a nice run!  I'm trying to take better care of my body, too, so I headed to the gym mid morning for a long foam rolling session, core work and stretching.

RR2 - DH is on board for aiming for my target pace at Richmond.  We talked about it last night, and he'd also had a conversation with a friend who is like his running mentor.  I'm excited!

NRR - So glad to be back to our usual schedule.  I missed it!  B is still loving school.  I am so happy for her that her new classroom is such a great fit. I had a bit of angst over which one to request, so I am relieved this seems to be the perfect class/teacher for her personality

Hope to be back for personals during naptime -- gotta run to school pick-up!