Womens Running

Total relief Thursday - Supermoms (Read 28 times)

strollermama

Ugh posted some more personals earlier and my post is gone!

mrszm:  I think you deserve to get out of both moving and spending time with MIL due to the fact you have been sick for so long!

jen:  Should have guessed.  Not glad you have morning sickness, but glad you don't have MS!  (can you tell I have been studying too much lately?)

eh:  It is tough to study at home but I try to only do it when I is asleep.  What are you studying for?

bermy:  Enjoy your workout.  Your FR sounds delish!

becky:  Thank goodness we don't actually live here.  This toddler bed has been a new experience which he is definitely not ready for yet.

spike:  Yikes about the package.  At least they found it!  How do you forget to return a package??  And great job on the run.  Stroller and wind means one tough workout!  We haven't gotten to spend too much time with him.  Mostly mornings and nights.  Unfortunately our trip only included 2 weekend days.  Better than nothing!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

Spike - Wow. That is really weird about your package. At least now you'll probably get your item (I can't remember, was it an expensive knife or something like that?) unless the guy has sold it. And how awkward that he's a client! Good job on your hardcore, windy stroller run yesterday. That is some good training, for sure!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

CA- glad that both girls traveled so well for you yesterday! very cute about M singing on the plane. Hope your SI joint is ok, chiro visit maybe? enjoy settling back in at home.

r-eh: hope you have a great run later today! glad the meeting went well, sometimes it's nice to work with familiar faces, right? wow on the late sleep-in! sounds like you all needed it. I'm trainign for a marathon on May 19.

shelbyjo- enjoy that well-earned rest day! your run yesterday w/ the stroller was awesome! AHHH on the stairs in the middle of hte night, scary! good luck with the studying.

Cx2- hope your run went well this morning. sounds like C is doing great with the nanny, enjoy your last week home!

mrszm- aw, i love the different days at school for the kids! i used to love spirit week- so much fun as a kid. i'd opt for hte soup too, something more mild on your tummy! hope you're feeling better soon. Marathon is May 19th- less than 2 months, eek!

beckykay- hope your knee is better! can you get in to see a sports med dr? aw, sorry to hear about your dad. I use a moisturizer for my face that has spf in it, I think it's Neutrogena. I should wear sunscreen in the summer when i go out to run, but i never remember to.

Bermy- hope the speedwork is awesome for you! i know how much you enjoy that type of workout. are you planning to connect with a running club or coach in TN? So glad the new car is working out so well for you! mmm, dinner sounds delicious, what time should i be there to eat? Wink

armmama- mmm, your dinner sounds yummy too, i only make tofu when DH not home, ha! aw, I love the snuggles. R will randomly run up to me while we're playing and give me a big hug, so sweet. I hope L is feeling better soon! I'm cleaning out closets, etc now too- I love getting rid of stuff!

spike- ugh on the wind, it just needs to stop already!lol on R and peeing at daycare. mmm, sweet potato fries, i haven't had those in a long time! i'd probably just throw that crap away, maybe call or go online to see if you can get off the mailing list. we don't talk politics in my family, even though we see mostly eye to eye on everything. ugh, glad you got the package thing figured out!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR#2 - went to visit my parents and left the kids there while I ran.  Ended up being 8.5km with 4x 250m hill repeats.  Yikes!!  I need to get in some more hill work.  My regular route has a long hill (1mile) and a short steep hill (we live on the top of it)  so I thought I'd still be in okay shape - guess I was wrong.

Bermy - that FR sounds delish - is it from your Clean Eating cookbook?  I need to get back on track with some more veggie meals.  I got a vegan cookbook from the library, but I had three LOs in tow, so I just grabbed one that look pretty - it's WAY to fancy for me.  That sounds like a tought workout, way to go mama!  Does DH have a lot of different colour hoodies?

Arm - will your kids eat the chick meal?  I had great plans to make all veggie meals while DH was gone for 10days last month, but I ended up hardly cooking at all Sad  The committee is called Society Membership.  The kids go to a christian school, and it is run by a society of mainly parents - our job is to keep everyone up to speed on what is going on at school and to recruit new members.  It's like pulling teeth to get volunteers, so I felt bad not to do it.

becky - grilled cheese is a great meal - enjoy!

ernie - mmmm, coffee, it's important stuff!

spike - great job on the tough run yesterday!  I would say something about the mail - funny that they signed you up!  the people at the meeting were good.

shelby - just refreshing on some work stuff - protocols, physiology - should go over meds again....

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - a latch at the top of the door, or a gate? M was pulling all sorts of crap at bedtime, and we just basically CIO again w/ her. She gets one answer of the door to make sure she doesn't need to potty, water, etc, and then we don't go in.

ernie - poor kid Sad hope she's better today! Blech on the vending sandwich!!

Jen - Mine ended up not being gall bladder but was my tooth infection, it was completely bizare, but I was sick for a month on and off before I got a wicked tooth ache.

rg - you're still pretty hardcore, especially in the speed department! Yep, I'm giving it a day and then making a chiro appt, I'm hoping it's just tight hip flexors pulling everything out of whack, but we'll see.

eh - yay for sleeping kids! I hope you got your run in later!

shel - yeah, there's a bit of snow, not a ton as it has been melting. Enjoy the well earned rest!

cx2 - yay for the nanny!! I'd love to find one, but I think we'll just end up putting them in a daycare.

mzm - hope everyone is well again in your house!! I'd also skip the chili, that does not sound like a good first meal back from stomach illness.

k, O wants to eat... bbl.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - I hope your knee gets better soon! If not, maybe try graston. That sucks about your dad's skin cancer. I don't wear any either... bad bad bad.

bermy - yay for speedwork! Are you pushing the stroller for the 800's? I should assume you are, crazy awesome stroller lady. MMM squash and apple ravioli sound good!

arm - ha! yah I love to sit and drink my coffee too. M is not snuggly at all, I'm thinking O will be more so ,I hope so.

ernie - low back started hurting yesterday morning as I was just finishing packing... I think it's from my speedy 5k I did on monday.

spike - sorry your run sucked, awesome job getting through it though! Hows the GF going? You feeling any different? I'd probably unsubscibe from the junk mail but not tell them off... I'm thinking they're not going to become less nutjob, so what's the point on stirring the pot there.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- lol, no they aren't going to become less nutjob, so I agree about the political mail. GF is going really well, since going GF I have only had 1 cup of black tea and 1 cup of green tea, purely for the enjoyment of it. Before GF, I was downing caffeine all day long and had even started getting white coffee lattes a couple times a week to get me through the day. I am feeling more rested and sleeping better, and haven't had any temptation to eat anything with gluten in it. R and DH are still eating gluten, and it doesn't bother me at all. I think I might try making GF pizza after we move into our rental since I don't really have a lot of time for cooking in the coming week.  I'm thinking about ordering vietnamese takeout for dinner- nom nom!

Ernie- DH got his package back- the guy made the postmaster sign some document saying he returned it and had some elaborate story about why he had opened it and not returned it. DH is happy now and didn't go ballistic on the postal workers, so I'm glad we are done with it!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Nrr2: went to library – has an awesome kids section – huge – was very impressed. And ironed 10 of Dh’s shirts.

BR2: forgot to say he was 18mo yesterday.

Zorbs – yay for clothes arriving! Too funny on nail polish. I think I might keep my epic stroller runs to myself when I turn up at the strollerstrides class. DS is gonna be sat there thinking “mummy, you would have already covered 17m by now in the time it has taken you to fill out the paper work”.

Ernie – oh no on puke. Poor little girl. Hope she is feeling better today. I would not eat that sandwich. Enough to make you puke when you are feeling healthy. Yes, I left it for at least an hour. It did not double in size. When I proofed the yeast it did not foam. I think my new yeast was crappy. Thanks for the advice on stroller pushing. Yeah, I might tag it on after my usual exercise.

Jen – glad you got a run in and hope you can do the same. I think about you and hope you’re not struggling too much. I am really homesick, but I am trying my best to get on with it. Lulu, running, target and starbucks English breakfast tea helps. 18 weeks in fm programme. Fm on 27 April. I love cooking.

CA – please tell me how to make dough by feel. I think I might do a clean pizza night each week or at least each fortnight. Are you back to your pre-pg weight? I still have a few lbs to go at 18mo! Of course I am pushing stroller for 800s – Bob is the other man in my life.

Rg – I don’t run 20m with a stroller by choice, it was more like “I know my son will be happy if he is with me, DH is working, I have no child care, I need to carry 2l+ of water and gels”. Hhmm, stroller time. I think because I have done every run since I started as a mom with the stroller, it just made sense to keep going. Although it is very frustrating as I never know what my true running ability is without pushing 50lbs. I think I am going to find a track coach only and then my bermy coach and I still talk and we will do our own thing. I just need someone to get me access to a track and to bark times at me. I can control the rest. Dinner is at 5.30! Would love to host you!

Eh – what were you doing when you stayed up? I try not to cook too complicated recipes although I really like intricate cooking. I can follow instructions better than anyone I know which is very sad but very true. The teacher in me. And then I re-write the instructions on how they should be written as to complete the steps better. Hope you enjoyed your run. Clean Eating Cookbook 3. It was my elfster supermom xmas gift from twinmom. Dh has 10 gray and 2 blue and the rest are at the launderette. He doesn’t wear smart clothes for work. He can wear what he likes.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Shelby – hope H is okay with DH leaving. Laying low sounds lovely. Hope you can study in peace. Enjoy your rest day. Your speed work inspired me to go out and do mine now. Thanks for that!

Cx2 – how is the nanny working out? Have you weaned now?

Mrszm – glad you are starting to feel a little bit better. Running will happen soon. I am right there with you and MIL. Have the bro and SIL asked you to look after their kids yet cos you will be 4 doors down?

Becky – poor dad. And snuggling is so much fun. I am relieved to hear that your son still likes to snuggle. I am hoping mine will still want to for a long time yet.

Arm – thanks for the tips on MMO and other things. I asked at the library for playgroups but they weren’t very helpful. I will keep asking around! How are your shins? Better? Tofu coconut curry sounds delish. I still have a few weeks more of high mileage. I think there’s 4.5 weeks to the cmm.

Spike- nice suggestion on the table. Great jobon the run – well done mama. Did you have the weather shield down? It helps me a lot in the wind. The guy who did the fastest marathon pushing a stroller runs with the weather shield down. I thought I would do whatever he is doing! Tell your mom

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Yes, I had the weather shield down on the chariot. That thing is already hard to push in the wind, I imagine it would be like having a parachute on if I had it open!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - that's great that you feel so good GF!  I slept like a rock in FL, probably bc I didn't have a DH and 2 huge dogs in my bed.

bermy - I need to make bread now that I'm home, I'll photograph, and document and make up a email/doc/blog preview, then do you want to be my test subject and let me know if the instructions and descriptions make sense and are easy to follow?  I do not use a recipe for any yeast based cooking, sometimes I'll look at one to get some proportions etc, but then always do my own thing for flour quantities, etc.  If you think the yeast is bad, I'd buy new yeast, I always buy the large jars of yeast, and store it in the freezer, it will last longer that way.  PS - even my dad messed up a batch of bread when I was in FL so sometimes it just goes wrong, even for the master Smile  Oh and yep, I'm about 8lbs below pre preggo weight, I lost another 2 on vacation with my super healthy zero junk parents.  I did the same when bf'ing M, lost and got way below pre preggo and then went up a bit after I didn't have the bf calorie drain.

running eh

Bermy - I was waiting for DH to come back from his run.  I wanted to go to bed, but I kept thinking what if something happens to him and I don't realize that he never came back until the morning.Roll eyes

armmama

becky - we can struggle in Nashville together!  I'm too paranoid I'm going to re-injure my shin splints so I'm not sure I will train much for it.  I'm pretty sure I am going to be able to run the NYC marathon in November and I want to be healthy when I start training for that this summer.

eh - I seriously doubt it.  They will probably have homemade pizzas or scrambled eggs.  I usually end up not cooking much of anything when DH is gone but my mom is here so I'll make something for us!

bermy - ha, the reason I ran with the stroller on Sunday was because it was warm and I needed to bring water and it seemed easiest to put the water in the stroller.  Yes shins are better!  I felt a little twinge yesterday but it was in a different spot so hopefully it was nothing.

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- I love using my stroller as a rolling aid station. RP likes it too for ditching jackets and water bottles Wink

BermyHorse

Did 7x800s: 3.34, 3.27, 3.40, 3.34, 3.45, 3.25, 3.40. Spot which way was uphill?! Phew. #5 was hard and I had that leg burning feeling of hurt and I had to concentrate on form esp left knee drive which was flagging. I would like to run steady 3.30s. I am determined to master it! Oh and did I say I was pushing a stroller?!