Womens Running

That's what HE said FRIDAY (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Come to Chicago to find talent ... quick in and out....it will be great...

It's just a soft 2 inches that turned into a hard 8-9.

Everything still a go so I should be able to get off later today still.

^^^^^

And this is why I have to stay off of public forums. LOL

Hope you all have a good morning...

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

22.2 miles for this girl! Thats a WRAP on long runs! Smile Smile Smile

Pretty awesome run. I felt awesome...my legs felt strong..I felt a niggle towards the end in my hamstring going up to my butt but it went away. My calves were okay though. I ran in my new Wave Riders..so the feet were happy! Temps were 28 (perfect if you ask me). Overall a great run. HOWEVER....my stomach. AGAIN. I stopped 2x. This keeps happening and I dont like it. I am thinking it is either because I am eating eggs a lot for dinner during the week (race week that is the first thing I cut out) or my race fuel - I changed it recently. Race day I am going to go back to my old fuel routine just to be safe. BUT I thought my period was over and bam it came back mid run so that could have had something to do with it too. UGH.

I have one more run tomorrow..but I should get to 60 this week!!! Then taper!!

Work had me so wound up last night that I took an anti-anxiety when I got home. I was in bed by 7:15. That stuff knocks me out sometimes..but I knew there was no way of calming me down. We are in an audit (on top of everything else I have going on) and its weighing on me. It shouldn't be because it isnt even my department - but somehow these tasks and requests got put on me. Frustrating. Sigh. I may need another one today. LOL.

WFH so at least there is that! Going to run to Kroger at some-point today (FYI Karen they are having a sale on butter LOL. ) to grab some stuff for french toast!! I originally thought I wanted pizza (it is National Pizza Day!) as my post run meal..but I have been craving french toast and blueberry muffins. YES.

Sandy – Okay, yeah. You are right you need to tell him. I would want to know! But how do you go about telling someone that??? I like Lisa’s suggestion in getting HR involved. They are trained for those talks haha. How much water do you normally drink? I am so so bad at it. I mean, there is water in coffee? LOL.

Karen – YAY for the 17 miles!!! Nice job! I bet that felt good. A wedding the day after a marathon? Haha. How convenient  Smile At least they will have good food because youll probably be very hungry.  Smile Interesting about the weight loss. I am running more mileage this time around so maybe that is why I am noticing it. I will have to be careful during taper time! What was with the turtle necks and races!! I can’t even imagine that! They were cotton??

So Karen...why is it that during a training run you are always a minute or so slower than what you want your race pace to be? I mean, I realize training runs are always slower...it just baffles me that you speed up about a minute or so on race day! Mind. Blown.

Run4kupcakes – OH GOOD! Glad the foot handled the treadmill okay.

Lisa – LOL’ing at the thread title. HAHA. That is what HE said!!!  Smile  Smile  Hopefully your travel plans don’t get ruined over weather! I think my body retains water for the exact same reason Smile Marketing! How exciting. Lots of job opportunities in Marketing. I may try your suggestion to Damaris on melatonin…I tend to wake up constantly, too. Mostly to pee.

Okay. Have to dry my hair before my calls begin. Blah. HAPPY FRIDAY!! FINALLLLYYYYYY

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 45 minutes running at the gym track.

Thursday DC and I went to the gym and I got in 45 more minutes of running. Before I left, my brain just didn’t want to go. Once I started running the legs were very happy and peppy. Are our brains and legs ever together?  

Today the weather is dangerous on the highway so DC and I will stay in town instead of going to classes. I’ll add in a good yoga workout.          

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Took it easy again this morning. Tried to sleep in, but the dogs were fussing at us so we took them for a short walk.

Back---uh--about the same. A bit tight from yesterday's chiro session.

Wow Lizzie!! 22 miles before work???

Our local Mardi Gras Parade is tomorrow (if it does not get rained out). They have up to 100 floats, and it is on our street about a mile away from the house. Our church has a big party with a cookout and we can watch the parade there, with our church family.  It is during the day, so it is very safe and we are with lots of folks we know. PLUS we have a bathroom and kitchen!! Always a fun day.

Laissez bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll!)

5.1 on hotel dreadmill but at least I got some movement in before standing in place and talking for the rest of the day.

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

I got in 5 miles yesterday and hope to do the same tonight.  I need to then do 10 then 6 (Sat/Sun) to finish my cutback to 26.  Next week I need to get to 30...Prairie Spirit is 43 days away and I'd love to get close to a 40 mile week.  They finally finished fixing my cruise control so I get my car back today just before Sat's crapfest of weather returns.

I read yesterday's posts but for the life of me can't remember anything.

Sandy...ew on your stinky coworker.  I have a pair of boots I wear to muck out the horse stalls and they reek so I leave them on the back porch...I can't get the smell out of the leather.  Lisa has a good suggestion on talking to HR.

Lisa you kill me with your comments . I didn't notice you had any issues sleeping at Hawk...course I sleep like the dead and normally you could drive a train through our bedroom once DD moved out.  I've found that as long as I can do my nightly Epson salt soak in a hot tub I can sleep just fine.

Hope you're flights go well and no delays or cancellations.

Lizzie, WOW...nice run.  Sometimes I wish I could do that but I'm just not willing to put in the effort.  I know I'd end up injured at this point if I tried.  I'm happy for my 15 min pace...lol.

Hiya Damaris...lol.

Sue, hope the parade isn't rained out and you can enjoy it. Sorry your back is still bothering you.

Lol Judy...I find I do better when I don't let my brain think about what I'm about to do.  I listen to Audible books while I'm on the TM just to ignore what I'm doing.

Hi to everyone.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, my laptop screen thanks you for the second line of your post. Screen needed cleaning anyway. Except Diet Coke is not a substitute for Windex.

And then I read the third line and did another spit take.

We have missed you and your comments around here!

Good luck with the recruiting and seeing smartypants daughter. Congratulations to her!

Regarding retaining fluid after a long run, absolutely yes. Glycogen is stored with water in your muscles. When you do a long run your body hangs onto as much fuel and fluid as possible for the next few days in case you do something like that again -- since evolution doesn't know that you're doing this voluntarily and you're not running away from a saber toothed tiger which you might have to outrun again tomorrow.

Liz, sewage spill and fire. You sure someone didn't get a whiff of the cigar club meeting and call that in instead? Yay for the long run!

Susan, standing desks help, maybe you can get your office to get you one?

Kat, that's scary that they changed your meds without telling you. Pharmacist should have warned you of that.

Cathy, glad you avoided the accident. Yikes. So many people do not look in both directions when they are pulling out of a side street. And especially they do not look for runners! I know you were in a car in this case, and if she didn't see your car, I bet she would not have seen a pedestrian.

Ginny, glad your area didn't get as much snow.

Sandy, drive safely to Fargo, hope the track is not around the basketball arena -- otherwise you will be a source of entertainment for all the attendees.

Diane, being an intern sounds like a great way to learn the ins and outs of the business even though it is tough on you.

Lukewarm recommendations...gotta love them. Like "You will be lucky if you can get him to work for you."

In Texas this morning, got 5.25 in. Meeting is in the office building next door, love the short walk commute. Although I don't know what happened with the run. It was a loop -- how in the world can a loop course be uphill all the way? And I wish Dallas would put sidewalks on the major streets rather than assuming everyone drives everywhere.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lol Tessa...there are very few sidewalks here as everyone does seem to drive everywhere.  You might find some in a few subdivisions but they area as rare as unicorns out here.  Heck some of our state highways don't have breakdown lanes.

I don't seem to retain fluid but my hands and my feet will swell during an event.  Course I'm not putting in the effort you all do so maybe my slower pace allows the fluid to escape.

Oh, and I'm not sure where my appetite has gone...Lizzie did you pick it up?  I've just not been hungry lately and nothing really sounds good.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Took today off, yay.  Fortunately, they told us people with a day off to stay home if there was a shutdown, which happened while I was asleep, lol.

I have OTF, Pilates and 6.

Lisa, hope you are able to get off later.

Lizzie, great job on the 22!

Judy, enjoy the yoga time.

Susan, sorry you were unable to sleep in.

Diane, nice job on the 5.

Tessa, nice job on the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

DH is at the office and Riley is at daycare. I'm supposed to be accomplishing all the things, but right now I'm enjoying this coffee and the quiet. I'll do an easy run later, probably 6-8 miles.

HCK, glad the run didn't make the foot worse last night.

Lisa, here's hoping the day goes by quickly and your flight home is on time and uneventful!

Liz, damn. 22 miles on a Friday morning. I'm hoping for great weather for you in three weeks, because you have killed it this training cycle and will do great things if the weather cooperates. I thought the butter was a Saturday only deal. Apparently I have no idea what butter normally costs, because I just assume it's a good deal, but I don't know how much I'm saving. Melatonin helped me sleep when I finally went off the last of my anxiety and depression meds. As for pace, a big part of it is that you are doing those long runs in the midst of a lot of other runs, so your legs and yourself are tired. It doesn't seem like it would make that much difference but it really does. That's why it's hard to run more than 6-8 MP miles. I think the hardest workout in the Pfitz 70 mile plan is not the 20 miler, but the 18 with 10 at marathon pace. I just read an article yesterday that said if you can do all/most of your runs at marathon pace, your goal is way too soft.

Judy, smart to stay in town if the roads are bad.

Susan, sounds like a great setup for the parade. So with DS2 and GF coming, you'll be a four-dog household for the weekend?

Diane, nice job getting the TM miles in.

Tessa, we don't do sidewalks in TX, apparently. Unless you're someplace like The Woodlands, which is why I'll often drive 5-10 minutes up there to get a long run in.

Oh Sandy, bought my tickets to MSP this morning. I'll PM you the details.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh Lisa, I have missed you on here!  Your humor never fails to amuse.  Shoes...  I believe I am going to wear my trail shoes for the sand/slickrock.  I think I will bring my road shoes in a drop bag for the loop around Page, whether I use them or not, at least I will have the option of having them.  Next week I am meeting with local woman who is also going.  Besides a beverage, we are going to talk gear, etc...  What does Katie have to say??  I might ask the Rockhopper group.  Weather stalking already - Fri 49/32, Sat 53/35, Sun 58/37.  Sunny to partly sunny.  Thinking of taking a walking tour of the Upper Antelope Canyon on Sunday and MAYBE even a short plane ride Sunday over Horseshoe Bend.  "Only" $100, but sounds oh so cool.

Lizzie, awesome run!!  Sorry about the GI issues you are having.  I hope that work calms down today for you and you don't get so anxious.

Judy, how's the hair?

Sue, neat about the parade and being able to watch from the church.

Diane, boy, your race is closing in.  Somehow Antelope is now 2 weeks away.  WHAT!  Nice you are getting your car back.  Bummer for the crappy weather though.

Tessa, same med, just a different formulation - Extended release instead of regular.  I had a "consult" with the pharmacist, told him no need, been on them for years, not knowing the new Dr changed the formulation.  Nobody's fault really, new Dr really had no way of knowing as I didn't know there were 2 different types.  Live and learn.  Enjoy DFW.

Damaris, at first I thought you took the day off from your exercise routine.  Enjoy your day off from WORK.

Karen, enjoy the solitude today and have a good run.

Sandy, tell HR.  We had a really stinky dude and the girls just flat out told him one day because they were holed up in a car with him for hours on end.  He asked to stop at the store, bought a clean undershirt and deodorant.  Seems he was unaware and glad to know as he rarely stunk after.  Something tells me, yours won't be as easy.

Not a lot really.  Hoping to get up off the couch and get a few miles in soon.  My coffee was too sweet, so I will wait a bit as my tummy isn't happy.

Working tomorrow at the other clinic.  Last week was apparently slow, hoping for that again.  Hoping to get paid too, OM said he would pay me like a relief vet.  I am sure it will be a pittance compared to the other place.

Bought my little sunshine (Tuni) a bunny sweater yesterday.  A bit early for Easter, but DAMN, she looks adorable in it.  Apparently that is as exciting as my life gets currently.  Hah.

Happy Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

karen...enjoy your alone day!  I don't get those often anymore and I relish them when I do get one.

Lisa...just read your post....I'm at work, don't do that to me!!  You are certainly clever with words.....LOL. Nice dreadmill run.

Lizzie...I still find it hard to wrap my head around the fact you do 22.2 miles BEFORE work!

Diane..I don't think I have ever lost my appetite, except when I had the stomach flu.

Tessa...we have sidewalks everywhere, unfortunately they are not in very good condition.

Judy...enjoy the Yoga and the snow.

Sue...hope the back continues to improve.

Upper body with trainer this morning.  Woke up to more snow and more on the way.

Thank goodness it is Friday!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Haha, I forgot that Lisa was as bad as Lizzie.    WFH today, school was cancelled due to the snow.  First snow day since 2014.  The streets are actually not bad now, we got maybe 4 inches during the night but it stopped fairly early.  But they don't have the option to start the day late due to the busing schedules.  Long dog walk yesterday afternoon, we let one of the dogs lead and she took full advantage. She was pumped and moving!    Foot feels OK, I'll do the arm and glute challenges and abs today.

Lisa, I wasn't putting down HR, I just think they tend to be noncommittal to avoid any issues.  So I don't usually get any useful information from them.     Just that a person worked there and came to work when expected.     I was hearing that the snow was worse south of us!

Lizzie, awesome long run!  Go Lizzie!  Ugh, sorry about the stomach issues.  I wish you could figure that out!  I take a small dose of melatonin.  I read that if you take too much you can have really weird dreams!  My dreams are weird enough.    I still wake up a lot during the night though.  I think it's an aging thing.    Yes, inline skating marathons are 26.2 miles.  I did the Duluth Inline Marathon twice, it follows the same route as Grandma's Marathon.  My fastest time was a little under 2 hours.  They still do inline races, but they are rarer now.

Sue, wow, that's a big parade!  Sounds fun.

Tessa, you are right about that driver and pedestrians.  I tend to be ultra cautious when I am running.  I guess I should be that way driving also!  Laughing about your loop course being all uphill!  

Kat, ha, bunny sweater sounds super cute!

Karen, nice long run yesterday!  Sounds like you had great weather for it.  Hmm, wedding the day after a marathon.  Hopefully they will have lots of food.   

Sandy, I forgot to mention, I dreamed about you the other night!    I was running a race, it was indoors, like at the Mall of America, but it was not the Mall of America.    I dreamed you lived in that complex also, and that I ran by your home.  Weird.  You should probably go to HR about your "fragrant" co-worker, unless you are pretty good friends.  Better that than to have him think you are harassing him or something and make things uncomfortable.  Does your work have a way to make an anonymous complaint? 

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

Seloc

Is it beer thirty, yet?  Gah!  Roll on weekend for SURE!  Sorry for those that got some more of the nasty white stuff!  shockingly it missed us and there was just another dusting here.  Still plenty cold, though.  TRX / Bells class and 3mi on that dang track.  16 laps to a mile.  Ooof.  Makes the 9 laps to a mile sound indulgent haha.  But, like Tessa pointed out I learned from my sister that the track circles above the basketball courts and is also where the spectators stand to watch.  Don't really think I can deal with all that so I suspect tomorrow will be a TURD.  The next challenge, then, is to get some miles in when I get home on Sunday in the glorious 20*!!

Cathy - omg, I cracked up at your dream!  That is sooooooooooo funny!  One of my RBs was just mentioning this morning that we should run at MoA - it's open for walking so why not running?  haha I don't think we will, though.  Oh I bet the kids are excited for a snow day!  Can they get out and play in it or is it too cold?  It's WINDY here today.

Ginny - sorry for the snow 

Kat - post a pic of bunny costume - that sounds cauuuuuuuuute!

Karen - hooray for a quiet day!  I get that people like them when they don't have them but let me tell you it gets a touch boring to have one EVERY day.  Yeah for buying tix!  Will check PM.  I'm getting excited for guests - now just have to have the weather cooperate so I can get in some decent training so I can get excited about the race!  Good luck at your Du on Sunday!!

Damaris - woohoo for day off!  I considered it but have nothing really to do so might as well be online.  Turns out I"m glad I did to avoid coming back to a pile on Monday.  Doing anything fun?  Well, besides OTF, run and Pilates, that is?  

Tessa - oh no on the all uphill route!  OMG I used to travel to the Dallas 'burbs and it was awful trying to find a place to run.  They don't even have shoulders!  I would run through parking lots.  Reminded me of reading about Marjorie and her parking lot circles haha.  But, hey, you gotta get it done.

Diane - nice job with the miles!  You seem a lot more positive with this training - super happy for you!  Good luck with all the miles this weekend.  Hope you get some downtime to relax, too!

Lizzie - pretty awesome??  I'd say HELLA awesome run!!  OMG, I echo EVERYTHING that Karen said.  I've already signed up to track you hee hee.  I HATE when work winds you up.  Been like that a bit over here, too.  I drink a LOT of water.  But, I sweat a ton, too.

Lisa - mmmmmmmmmmm hard inches are better than soft...   Nice dreadmill miles.  Good heavens - 5 on that thing is FAR.  Smooth travels today and this weekend!

Thanks to all on the advice for stinky guy.  I have to do some digging on the Intranet to see even how I can reach out to HR.  When you work for a 40k employee company that is not based here, no real idea how to reach HR.  I may just talk to his manager since I know him pretty well.  Will see what next week brings.

Gotta wave to everyone else - sorry to those Ive missed!  I have another call and then I'd really REALLY like to log off.  The scales have definitely tilted to work's side this week and I like to keep things a little more balanced.  Have a great weekend!

Kilmisters

Heyoo!

Survived the working week, which was intense as usual, but K not letting me sleep at night (any of the five, really) just made the crankiness and (lack of) productivity levels at, I'd say, worst levels since start of this year. But a) I knew what I was signing up for when returning to work b) nothing has changed in how much I love the work c) the very, very end of the week (Friday afternoon's meeting) ended with superproductive and positive discussion of projects I had finished (thru lots of effort). Ran only once out of five days, which also shows how tiring it has been. Two games this weekend... Oh well.

..opening a light beer.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris