Womens Running

Finally Friday - Supermoms (Read 32 times)

armmama

jen - I think your race outfit sounds good.  For my 15K last November it was 30 degrees and a little windy but not as windy as your race and I wore tights, a long sleeved shirt and a vest.  I didn't wear ear warmers (I would in your case) or gloves because I knew my hands would warm up.  I was kind of warm racing but not too bad, I probably should have worn a pullover I could tie around my waist instead of the vest though.  Worst part was my toes were numb the first 3 miles!

spike - no but I need to get better about it.  I do in the summer but haven't put it on yet this year.  I probably wouldn't bother if I ran after 5:30 though.

need to get out for my run!

Marathonjen

Spiike - I never wear sunscreen running.  My moisturizer has spf in it so I guess it is always on my face but I never get burned when I run.  I think because I am in the sun then shade that I am not exposed for too long.

mrszm - I did NOT have poop issues yesterday...just stomach pains...not sure which is worse...maybe the threatening is working.  Believe it or not I DO NOT have a compression shirt!!  I do not like material tight on my skin...I guess I wish now I had one but I think it bothers me more than just wearing an extra layer.

rg - Boo on having to cut your run short...is the weather bad?

Moxie - Thanks!!  Hope you are doing well and your school year is going smoothly!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - are you waiting for S to poop a rainbow?

rg - the weather must be as horrible as it is here for you to cut your run short.

jen - look for some not-italian specific places..most places will still have pasta on the menu.  I actually like to carb load with (authentic) chinese food, white rice and noodles.

eh - I had the underneath highlights after B was born and LOVED it..no roots! Sam says no one ever pays more than $100 for their services at her hair place in Waterdown.

mer - I have acquired a flat iron and managed to recreate the curls..it took about 15 min.  Hopefully with practice it will get faster.

mrszm - omg 8 kids! The other day I commented on my student's hair..it was almost waist length and perfectly wavy.  She said she put it in hot rollers..if she had said she just let it air dry I would have died from envy.

CA - thanks for the recipe! I had an ugly bowl cut when I lived in AB so Ontario hair is pretty much all I've ever known my entire life.

spike -  I got this iron for $23 including tax.  The girl said there's not much difference between a cheap iron and a $100 iron. re: sunscreen  I always wear it on my face, and I wear it in the summer when I'm actually out during daylight hours.  I use the spray sunscreen and it doesn't feel like anything on at all, I love it.  And I use this for my face and it feels absolutely dry on my face.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

back for personals~

Re: my run- it was 37* and raining when I started, no big deal, right? Turned a corner and the wind was whipping at 20+mph. Started thunder/lightning and pouring around mile 6.5, so i trucked home for the last half mile. I feel like a loser since I hardly ever shorten/switch workouts unless I'm sick. Tell me I'm not a loser...

since I shortened my run today, I ended up going grocery shopping by myself with all that extra time, which was nice.  will do 21 on Sunday.

MarathonJen- good luck this weekend, have a great time with Mer! Hope the race day waether improves a bit for you. Good luck with the restaurant search!

Cx2- enjoy your weekend with C! R doesn't say very many words yet, but he has understood everything we say to him for a very long time. Ugh on the work crap, that stinks! Yeah, it would hvae been perfect  weather today if it had warmed up out of the 30's!!! Sunday is looking nice though.

R-eh: bummer on cx school! not cool on the highlights. one of my coworkers' wives is a hairdresser. she will cut my hair for free, and only charge me $10 for highlights- pretty sweet deal. Oh, and she comes to my house!!! YAY for date night- enjoy it. we're desperately in need of one.

Mer- good luck this weekend, hope J does well on the drive. Have a great race and enjoy the time with Jen. Yep, I'll run 22 miles 3 weeks out from race day.

strollermama- hope you can get a good run in later, enjoy the miles, however many you fit in! So cute that H went to happy hour- and glad your bday was so great. did you get to lulu yet?

mrszm- hope you have a great run today! yay for C saying more new words. i've never heard of the Froggy books. R's obsessed with all of the Sandra Boynton books. wow, full house this weekend!! enjoy the time with family.

armmama- have a great run today! aw, hope L woke up happier today. poor DD2- hope it was just a one time thing and she's ok. good luck at the tennis tournament!!! bummer on owing taxes.

CA- nice job on the hilly TM workout! boo on M waking up last night, must have been the night as R was up several times too. wow on O sleeping- good girl!!! sometimes it's nice to have a day without plans. I moved by LR to Sunday, once I got over the mommy guilt.

spike- you rocked your run last night, way to go!!! ah, sounds like a family reunion at the allergist?! almost to the end of tax season- you can make it! nope, i don't wear sunscreen on every run. in fact, i often forget it in the summer too. i know i should be better about it. my moisturizer that i use for my face has spf in it, so at least that's protected?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: 8m I didn’t do yesterday as there were storms, a tornado watch and thunder and lightening. DH absolutely banned me from running outside with DS in stroller in any of that. I was like a pent up lion at the zoo pacing up and down all afternoon and evening. Taper is so weird. My body feels like it is on fire – as in, healthy, fit, strong, well trained but I am not using it. Odd. My appetite is slashed in half with cut back miles so I am feeling skinnier (always a good thing) and not eating like a horse. And I don’t hobble with stiffness when I get out of bed (only for a few steps). Is it just me who does that?

NRR: played at park for hours this morning and DS is napping. He played in puddles for ages so we had a costume change when we got home. Did a target run. Am going to a breastfeeding conference tomorrow and have to take something to share for lunch so I got stuff for protein bars and some power bars/energy trail mix. All clean, no cooking, no dishes to bring home. Super easy. Then tomorrow eve we are going for dinner with Nashville supermom’s family (from fb) to a vegetarian Indian place. Yay for supermoms getting together!

BR: oh, kinda did that in NRR.

FR: the pistachio encrusted halibut was absolutely delicious. I made double so we will be having the fish as leftovers turned into gourmet fish salad sandwiches. So yummy.

Will get back for personals

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Oooh forgot to say I am having a sports massage on Sunday morning. Oh yeah. So excited. I asked DH to rub my back the other day as it was sore and there was a big knot.

Zorbs – what is graston? Your hair looks super cute in the profile pic of your colour when it is straight – very chic.

Rg – you are awesome and one workout is just that, one – you have 108 (18weeksx6) which means that it doesn’t really count if it changes, at all. Advanced marathoning talks about being able to carry on the plan if you miss a couple of weeks. That makes me feel better. I told DH I was getting you some gels. He said “let me just order some online and send them to her”. I said I wanted to make you a little parcel. Even my DH cares about your running fueling strategy.

Ernie – you get the ‘hardcore prize’ with your weather. The blossoms here have turned to green leaf shoots and I smell spring in the air. My hair is straight in TN and silky. In Bermuda it was curly and frizzy and that’s with no product and just humidity. I find TN dry and need to put lotion on everything. Agree on Vegas. Sorry storm messed up your plans.

Jen – I liked reading your TR – more positive. Good luck in your race and hope it goes well with not too many potty stops. I would love to see Mer too! I have absolutely no idea on what to tell you to wear. I just take a whole pile of everything and see what it’s like on the day. Then leave the rest in the car. I have very little experience in cold weather though, so I will be reading the responses!

Cx2 – I like that you give your developers feedback – that’s your job right?! You sound like you are very good at your job.

Eh – enjoy your date night – how cool?! Sorry you had an expensive haircut and felt weepy. I would give you big hugs.

Mer – so excited that you get to see and run with Jen (jealous). Enjoy your trip. Hope you can get time to relax a little too – you are one very busy mama!

Stroller – glad you had a lovely birthday, you deserve it. Just do as much as you can for you run. I am sure you will rock your fm! Your training is intense! When do you begin your taper?

Mrszm – so glad your body is feeling better. Wow o n8+ kids. I can’t imagine what that even looks like. I am rubbish at writing back to emails – I will, I promise. I just don’t spend any time on a computer apart from this and the odd fb post.

Arm – we are right there with you on taxes. Hope you DS is in a better mood today for you. Yay for tennis tournament!

CA – yoru workout on the tm sounds awesome. I laughed at O eating so much. My DS doesn’t sttn even when he has eaten his body weight I food. Sometimes when he eats a lot he wakes up a lot as he is so uncomfortable or poops all the time. Enjoy your relaxing day of not doing very much. We are still hashing out the Vancouver/Banff plans. Are you still on mat leave then?

Spike – yay for getting your run in!!!!!! GREAT news. I am so impressed on how dedicated you have been on gf! You are really disciplined when it comes to food choices. My gf meals this week have been a hit and DH hasn’t noticed anything other than the yummy-factor. Yes to sunscreen – always – I wear a moisturizer with one that’s 30, that I put on when I wake up and then when I go running I slather on 70 everywhere.

Moxie – hi!!!

And Nola, if you are there, hi!!!

Have a nice evening and weekend everyone and might see you on fb!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - Yes I'm still on mat leave until early September, so I will be your personal guide for as much as you want an intruder in yours and DH's trip. I would also love to babysit if you and DH want a day/hour/whatever alone for some date time (I hope that didn't sound creepy/etc.... I just love having family close and know you don't). I have a trail race coming up at the end of August, so I could take you running on some fun trails in the mountains also! Good call on DH's part to ban you from running in that weather! My body is just starting to feel strong again postpartum and I love it!

RG - oh you are the opposite of loser when it comes to running (and everything else obviously)!! Besides you aren't cancelling a run, just being flexible and switching days around.

Jen - I'd wear tights, long sleeve with a wind proove jacket over it. I'd probably do throw away gloves and the headband.

spike - awesome job on the run yesterday! Our taxes don't have to be in until the end of April, I think I'm done ours, but just need to double check them, we're paying anyway so I'm not rushing.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/