Womens Running

Cautious Monday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cautious because it is supposed to be warmer this week. It's hard to believe.  Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny I just had one of those slogging runs Friday. Just weird.

Friday I had a 35 minute run on the track. It was somewhat tiring which is unusual for me.

Saturday I walked for about 3 hours at the car show. At least I got a good look at a lot of cars. I have decided to lease a car for several years. We had leased before when we lived in VA. I am 4’9” tall and any length I have is in the legs so cars do not fit me very well. I have to be 10” away from the air bag which is in the steering wheel of all the cars. Not easy to do that. I’ll find something.

Sunday I did a very good 35 minute track run. I was able to do some speed work. Yaaaaaaaay! Later that evening I did 50 minutes of cardio with light hand weights thrown in.

Today I go to the track for a run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Well I know now why my run was so bad yesterday.  I got hit with the stomach flu around 4 in the afternoon.  I haven't felt this bad in a long time.  I would rather have 10 colds than 1 stomach flu..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

I am dragging today.  Saturday was two hours of spin and then a two hour ride in the park with my training partner.  Sunday was 10 miles, swam 2500 yards this morning.  Think I am coming down with BF's cold darn it!  I am practically asleep at the desk.  Maybe if I warm up my coffee it will help?

Carol--wtg on the run.  Talk sounds interesting.

Karen--countdown !!  Woohoo!!

Ugh. Supposed to rain all week here.  Lovely.

Bikerchick1

Judy - You had quite a busy week-end!!!

Ginny - Ugh, sorry on the stomach flu...there is nothing worse then that!  Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa - That week that you are going to New York, I am doing the Grand Island trail half Sad   thanks so much for the offer tho.  That would have been great.  I am not afraid to say, big cities intimadate me.  Guess I will just have to come down and do a long trail run with you, so that you can fill me in on the hints for NYC!

Had a fun 5 miler yesterday...sunny and high 20's, no wind....ahhhh, was beautiful1  Then DH and I went for a 3 mile snowshoe trip.

Today stability ball class.

The lecture on Saturday was good.  He certainly knew his subject.  Was mostly centered around the "nitric oxide" pathway and using "fat as fuel" it improves your performance/recovery by increasing blood flow, and increasing mitochrondial (powerhouse cells in our body) function.

Bottom line, lots of veggies, there are some suppements he recommeded.  Lots of information in a 2 hour segment.

Happy Monday!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  I am also dragging but not worse than my usual Mondays.  I am sure I will need a nap later.  6 and heavy weights tonight.

Judy, yay for speedwork!

Ginny, ugh!  Feel better!

Sue, sounds like a busy weekend.  Hope it does not rain all week.

Carol, sounds like a great run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today.  Just work stuff

Nice weather here. Hope it stays that way.  Need to call to get some landscaping quotes.  We will see how much to have someone do it for us versus me building it all on my own.  All the rock and moving it around would take a good long while to do.  So we shall see.  i found a really pretty Gabion wall and wood thing that I wan to do so all the better if someone can help do it for me.

Feel better Ginny!  Yikes that is not fun.

Carol what type of supplements? I thought most schools of thought were supplements were not not a good thing didn't do much since getting from food was better?  With that said I do do fish oil because I hate fish but with the family history of heart problems I take it .  The literature does seem to support it as one of the more beneficial ones.

Looks from the poll we are kinda split on moving back over.  We would not give this site completely up as they are nice to us here and it is a haven for us if the spam gets bad.  They do still have some spam issues over on RWOL but not anything like it was when there was the mass exodus.  Seems more like it was that something shows and they zap it right away.  maybe we try for a few weeks and see how it is?  I think to start a regular dailies and see if there is any interest.  They don't have as many posters there as they used to and no dailies on the WF at all right now other than the preggos and that is a seasonal one it looks like.

Damaris, dragging?  From the time change?

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - I didn't ever see the poll on switching over.  Doesn't matter to me, as long as I know where to find everyone Smile  Basically with supplments all he was talking of was a multivitamin, omega 3, Coenzyme co Q 10, B-complex, and the use of fiber.  But really stressing getting the basics with diet, not supplements.  He stressed green veggies and beets as a way to increase nitrates in the diet, which then help with ATP/Glycolysis and electron transport in the energy system.   Enjoy your RD.

Crazysue - No wonder you are dragging today, you had quite the work outs over the week-end!

damarias -   Hope you get the energy to do your run and weights.

Carol

Hi all!  Ginny hope you feel better soon. Damaris and Sue, hope you get your workouts in.

In FL for Spring Break.  DS gets to get certified in open water scuba and DH and I get to relax.  Had dinner last night with two high school classmates, one of whom I've known for 50+ years as we went to elementary school together.  Can we actually be that old?

Ran 3.5 miles this morning and then went for 2 mile walk with DH later this morning. 5.6 mile run yesterday.   Funny thing is - running weather is better back in MI than here.  Not sure how those of you who live in the south do it. 

Well back to grading papers.  Hi to everyone.

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, it is possible to get permission to have the driver's side airbag deactivated if there is a medical necessity. You may be able to qualify for that. http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Air+Bags/Deactivation+FAQ

I worry about this too. They say to push the seat as far back as you can go and still reach the pedals. For some of us that is not the 8-10 inches suggested as a minimum.

Ginny, hope you feel better. One thing about rotavirus -- at least it's usually over fairly quickly.

Marjorie, that is one good thing about Hokas -- increased height!

Susan/runnersmom, enjoy Florida. Welcome to our hot world. (Forecast for next weekend is over 90. Bah.)

Susan/crazysue, hope you can stop dragging. Nice swim!

Carol, sorry for your DD that they are not moving but glad for the rest of the family that they are staying. Will DD be able to stay with the company after turning down the promotion/move?

Damaris, good luck getting the nap.

Margaret, they put a tunnel where part of Highway One used to run? Is this the bit that kept on getting closed due to landslides?

Could not wake up this morning. The alarm went off and then I woke up again an hour and a half later. And no run at lunch since I left my wallet on the front seat of my car after paying to get out of airport parking and didn't remember it this morning -- looked for it when I got to work and found it was not in my purse. So back up to the train station, retrieved wallet, back to work.

Bikerchick1

Susan - How fun that DS gets certified in scuba!  The weather here is lovely for a change!

Tessa - Yes, DD - keeps her job, since the acceptance, and then the decision to turn it down, happened in 3 days.  They hadn't filled her position....I personally think she is relieved now.  Bummer on the wallet today Sad

Great stability ball class today....she does such a great job of stretching, etc.  One of my fav classes!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

4 awesome miles after work. Sunny. 60 degrees. Shorts. Happy. Now I'm doing laundry and finishing up packing what I need for the next week. And helping DH figure out what he needs for the next 1-3 months. This is really happening - packers show up tomorrow at 8:30.

My big meetings are tomorrow and Wednesday. When those are over, and the house is packed and moved, there will be a whole lot less stress in my life. These committee meetings are the first ones I'm running by myself (my old boss ran them and I just did minutes and presented some sections), so yes, I'm nervous. Plus there are a few contentious things on the agenda - one of which is probably the biggest issue in the industry right now. I need another promotion - I was looking around the office and noticed that the 3 vice presidents have one committee each, the two directors have no committees, and I have two.

I actually woke up right before the alarm went off this morning. After a couple weeks of crappy sleep, I finally got a good one. Not changing all the clocks because I'm getting my hour back this weekend once I get to Central time.

Ginny, feel better!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel