Womens Running

Moving Along Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Here we go!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 35 minutes on the track, then accomplished my grocery trip with dispatch.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday I did a new cardio DVD that I just received. Later I attended a book discussion at a nature center.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

2 quick TM miles this morning, will get in a couple of more tonight.  5 outdoor miles yesterday

Judy - I agree, let's get this Monday moving along, so glad it's a short work week. Sounds like you had a nice and productive weekend.

I managed to get a start on my Christmas shopping, at least each kid will have one present lol.  I am really trying to simplify things this year, since the whole season stresses me out.

I have not caught up with this weekend's thread, hope all is well with everyone!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Morning....thanks for starting us out!

Laura - It was wonderful yesterday, wasn't it!  Simplifying sounds like a great thing.

Had a great 6 mile run with RB's yesterday - lots of laughs and ended up seeing a bald eagle at the end of the run!

I'm ready to get this Monday moving!!!

Carol

camille2

I don't think I'll get in a run today. I'm heading to my mom's soon for another MD appt., then leaving tomorrow  to NC for Thanksgiving.  I'm planning a run tomorrow on the Greenway, then running  a turkey trot 8k on TG.

Have a great Turkey day!

Recovering from the crazy weekend!  BF's ship docked late (another story) on Saturday.  Picked him up, ran home, he unpacked, re-packed, and we drove to New Orleans for the Big Easy Running Festival.  Shared a hotel room with 4 of my running girlfriends.  We have traveled together so much w husbands that no one seemed to mind, and he was fine with it.  Had a blast--we always have a great time together.  This was the first year for this running festival.  The expo was a non-event.  One or two booths and packet pickup.  Weather was the big news.  A storm was moving in and set to hit at the beginning of the half marathon.  We walked down to Canal Street to buy ponchos.  Saturday night the race director postponed the start two hours and cut the half marathon to a 10K.

Woke to heavy rain and lightening.  Still raining at the start, and we stayed in the parking garage.  About two blocks after the start, rain stopped and I pulled off the poncho.  Had a decent run till the last two miles.  Turned the corner and was hit with a brutal headwind.  Kept clicking along.  My time was slower than I had wanted, 54:41.  ;(  a little slow for me.  Oh well.

BF registered for the one mile fun run.  After a couple of blocks he decided to just run it.  He is pretty quick for a "non runner"!  Went to the finish line, had a beer (Abita--yum) and red beans and rice.  Checked the results-- I was 2nd in my age group!  Holy cow!  If I ahd been one minute faster I would have been grandmaster!  They only gave out prize money to Louisiana residents, though so no big deal.

Cleaned up, did a little shopping and headed home.

SRD for me today.

Lisa

ginnyb

2 miles on TM and weights this morning at the gym.  I think I am doing a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.

Young girl on TM in front of me this morning, had it set at 8.2!   She did 3 miles in like 20 minutes or something like that!  Talk about feeling inadequate........Sheesh!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Ended up with 7 hot and humid miles last night.  Being that we just hit a heat index of 100F, I am happy it's only a rest day.  Weights later tonight.

Judy, sounds like a productive weekend.

LC Runs, nice 2.

Carol, can we get Monday moving away?  I hate Mondays.

Camille, hope the doctor's appointment went well.

Sue, nice job this weekend!

Lisa, enjoy the rest.

Ginny, nice workouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My normal rest day Monday

Tessa, yes, I don't mind running in the rain.  It wasn't freezing and it wasn't pelting hurting rain.  No lightening or thunder.  I did the firs 7 close to home just in case as we were supposed to get really bad storms.  They (the really bad ones) didn't come until after 10 last night

Pretty productive today as this is a week that is typically slow so I can catch up.  I deleted over 2000 emails as I told myself I needed to get rid of at least half my inbox.  It fills so quickly.  Tomorrow I'll do another half delete.  Wed another half etc.  I should get it to under 4 hundred this week.  So many we have to keep and need to reference back to.  Others I can easily dump but then there are several that I have to open to see if I need to keep them or not.  Takes awhile.

I also started getting some stuff together for the Christmas decorations.  Every few years I like to change things up outside.  This year I have new lights as I ordered them last year.  All solar powered and on timers.  I also did new bows for the wreaths and bells that are blue and white versus the regular red and I repainted the santa boot planters.  All that before I put stuff away last year.  I spent a bunch of time on Pinterest this weekend and found some inspiration on how I want to decorate outside. Need to stop at JoAnne's and get some stuff this week to finish up as the place I went didn't have everything I wanted.  At least I got a lot I wanted for the other planters outside.  Friday I'll get all I need for the baking I'm doing for DH's work.

Laura I try to keep everything all organized to avoid the stressing.  I have all the Christmas shopping done.  I hate to go to any store between Black Friday and Christmas other than the grocery store.  I prefer to just be able to sit back and enjoy the season

Ginny wow.  I would fall off at that pace.  Don't feel inadequate.  not many can run that fast.

Marjorie

Ginny-no comparisons and don't judge yourself.  Against the rules! LOL

Lisa