Womens Running

Crazy Thursday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Something crazy happens every day any more.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 35+ minutes of cardio DVD since I was going out to dinner.

Today will be a track run with the new shoes. Then I hope to do a short cardio DVD session. I have found that the cardio sessions make my back feel better and seem to help me straighten up. It's important at my age. More box moving at work today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning Judy and all to follow

3.2 on the TM this morning.  Back is still a bit sore from tweaking it Monday, but felt okay running.

Work, then taking my girls to see the high school's production of 'Annie' tonight, I have seen it many times on the stage and my high school also performed this musical back in the day..brings back memories.

Tessa-hmmm.. I shall be visiting Laguna Beach with a friend (she won a work contest) from May 14-18. I may collect on those cookies. Don't think I would fit a race into that though since I'm going in the place of her husband who is caring for an ailing mother.  We all wish we could do more.

Judy-enjoy those new cushy shoes!

Ginny-getting over an injury puts the speed thing in perspective. I'm way faster at a 13 or 14 minute mile than I am when sitting on the couch. I'm going to be mindful of not pushing so as not to reinjure.  Unless of course there is a super sparkly spinny medal for finishing 2 minutes faster than previous time, which alas there won't be because it still will be hours behind others. LOL. Are you still considering Detroit in October? You have it on your signature.

Carol-as long as it's not a 17 minute 5Ker running a 30 minute 5K.. then the effort is obviously different.  Doing the best we can, or having the goal of really enjoying the scenery, the company, or just completing the distance... I don't know why we put ourselves through the grief.  This is supposed to be something we like to do, right?

Karen-hope you enjoyed your cereal and Jake slept well.

I was flattered yesterday when I learned I was written about in a blog!  I'm putting together a panel event with reporters and Northwestern University journalism students. I had mentioned to one of the reporters how we had a good interview/recruiting experience to share and he told me that he had blogged about it. he writes about job search anyway. Was an interview that had gone bad (not a fit at all for the position interviewing for) but I had kept going and turned it around ending up hiring the guy into a higher level position with another publication completely. I've never been written about before! Nice to hear something went right!

http://alwaysbejobhunting.com/2014/01/08/be-nice-to-hr-people-they-may-get-you-your-next-job/

Lisa

SugarLand

Tessa - cookies and California I am in

Arimathea

Tessa

Vicki, come on out!

Lisa, Laguna Beach? I am fetching DD starting May 8 and will be back in California the afternoon of the 15th, have taken the 16th off work, booked on the 17th (friends' wedding), did your friend's win come with an itinerary or are you planning your own trip? If so, what are you doing on the 16th?

Nice to be blogged about!

Judy, I think all moving is good. Varying it is better.

Laura, enjoy "Annie"...I also have seen it a number of times. DD played the aspiring actress who has a short solo in the "NYC" number when she was in 5th grade.

4 this morning with RN, we were both dragging a bit. And I dragged a lot more out to the curb and filled up the neighbours' bins as well. (With their permission, I might add.) Won't go to the gym today so that may be it for running until tomorrow.

Again, thank you all for your outpouring of support. I am so grateful to have you ladies in my life!

Good Morning!!  6 miles on the treadmill DONE!  It is such a struggle to stay on that long.

Tessa--wish we could do more for you!

Crazy---The Azalea Trail 10K is in Mobile this weekend.  BIG race here.  They keep posting the wrong start time!!  They say 0730, but our running club president says it is a mistake and it is 0800 start.  I just got an email from the event stating 0730.  Pres swears she just spoke with them and the start is 0800.  Randy is driving--think I will try to persuade him to go a little early, just in case. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa I'd love to come get cookies. Now, I may have labeled the gift cards backwards. The amounts are right and I hope I labeled which one was which correctly!  We didn't mean to make you cry.  You know this group cares deeply for you!

I had ART this am. It is so much better that it was. Ran 4.3 afterwards. Couldn't do more since they were coming   to put in the closet stuff and I had issues with my Garmin and it saying it had the satellite but didn't. I had to come back and get my other Garmin. Stupid watch.

Laura nice run

hi Judy. Hope you like the new shoes

lisa I saw the blog post you shared on FB. How cool

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Well, afternoon!  Working from home today, very busy day.  Got 7 on the TM this morning while not feeling the best due to allergies/asthma.  Blah.

Tessa, glad you got it.  Sorry we made you cry!  And I want cookies!  I am going to Santa Cruz soon and later to SF, but I think both are far from you.  I'll think of something.

Judy, enjoy the run with the new shoes!

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Lisa, nice writeup!  Congrats!

SugarLand, hiya!

Tessa, nice 4.

Sue, better be there by 0730 just in case.  Maybe they mean Puerto Rican time???

Marjorie, hope the ART continues to help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I went out to run some errands at lunch and oh my gosh, is it nice out! 58 degrees, sunshine, lots of people running. I am not sure how I'm going to make it through the afternoon stuck in my office. As soon as I get home, I'm changing clothes and running 11 miles!! And I might have to start bringing running clothes into work for this spring weather. I need to look at a map, but I think it's just a block or two past my Metro station that I can get to the Mall area where there are less stoplights, at least.

DH gets home this afternoon (he's probably already there) so the cereal diet is coming to an end. It was easy and convenient while it lasted.

Tessa, Santa Clarita marathon was already sounding pretty good, now you're adding cookies into the mix??? Hmm. Off to consult calendar.

Lisa, that's really cool. I read the blog, totally sounds like you. You are obviously very good at what you do.

Judy, that's good about the cardio session. Anything that makes me stand up straighter would be a good thing (memories of "stop slouching" and "stand up straight" coming from my mother...).

Laura, my old high school did Annie as their musical this year as well - my niece was in the cast, but I didn't make it back to IL to see it. Back is getting better at least, I hope?

Susan, I tend to get to races way early anyway. I'd totally plan for the 7:30 start, even though they swear it starts at 8!

Marjorie, so the closet project is starting? Yay!! I know you've been looking forward to having that one done.

Damaris, yuck on the allergies. Do you get them every spring? I used to get horrible fall allergies in Illinois, but nothing in California and so far nothing here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen yes. It is done. I will put pictures on FB tonight.  The pantry is hard to see much so I won't post those.

Here are a few. Sorry they may show sideways.

Before

After

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laundry room.

Before

after

Marjorie

Marjorie-one way to keep shelves neat.. everything falls onto the floor. LOL

Tessa-I will find out itinerary and let you know for the 16th.  I think it was Laguna Beach but I could now that I think about it maybe Long Beach? I don't know. Could be Lisa Beach. :-) It's somewhere where there are "excursions" which you can do.  I have never been anywhere where the "excursions" did not involve running a long distance but I'm pretty sure these are not the same kind of "excursions". I'm also pretty sure that some time can be carved out.  My friend isn't a runner but is a lot of fun and, I think, likes the unpredictability of doing stuff with Lisa. Not her typical nature to wing it. I will also be back in SanDiego from April 22-25 at that conference.  My 2 sisters are coming to stay in hotel and do stuff while I'm conferencing.  Wine will be consumed, I am sure. Come on down!

Sue-too many zeros for me to keep straight.

Marjorie-thanks again for being the accountant!

Damaris-my dd will be visiting Miami again next weekend ... a young man is involved.

Karen-I just don't want to waste a good phone call, so could be just lazy. LOL

Ran 5 this morning on TM.  Not sure if I'll sleep in tomorrow or maybe, shocking! run outside.  I think the warm (40-50) weather has finally gotten any ice that would be on the road clear.  I will be judging all day Saturday again so can't do anything then.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And now everything is put into the closet and pantry and laundry storage. For first time since living here my sweaters are back in the closet and not in the linen closet. The towels are not under Dh's sink and back where they belong in the linen closet. Gasp, I even have some extra shelf space in our closet not bring used and the extra shelf in the pantry is very useful.

Stuff that crammed into the front closet is no longer because there is room in the laundry room to store those extra things like the garden flags, the emergency light and battery radio.

I am very happy Smile

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie-one way to keep shelves neat.. everything falls onto the floor. LOL

Tessa-I will find out itinerary and let you know for the 16th.  I think it was Laguna Beach but I could now that I think about it maybe Long Beach? I don't know. Could be Lisa Beach. :-) It's somewhere where there are "excursions" which you can do.  I have never been anywhere where the "excursions" did not involve running a long distance but I'm pretty sure these are not the same kind of "excursions". I'm also pretty sure that some time can be carved out.  My friend isn't a runner but is a lot of fun and, I think, likes the unpredictability of doing stuff with Lisa. Not her typical nature to wing it. I will also be back in SanDiego from April 22-25 at that conference.  My 2 sisters are coming to stay in hotel and do stuff while I'm conferencing.  Wine will be consumed, I am sure. Come on down!

Sue-too many zeros for me to keep straight.

Marjorie-thanks again for being the accountant!

Damaris-my dd will be visiting Miami again next weekend ... a young man is involved.

Karen-I just don't want to waste a good phone call, so could be just lazy. LOL

Ran 5 this morning on TM.  Not sure if I'll sleep in tomorrow or maybe, shocking! run outside.  I think the warm (40-50) weather has finally gotten any ice that would be on the road clear.  I will be judging all day Saturday again so can't do anything then.

Hmmm, did she meet him online?  There has been a rash of guys convincing women to come and they end up disappearing in the sex trafficking trade.  Not scaring you, I hope, but if she has never met the guy, tell her to be careful and give her my number.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page