Womens Running

Motor Monday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

who else has a cat that purs so loudly that they sound motorized?

My Turkey (yes, that is the cat's name) is super loud.

Off to the gym for me today. Booked my travel for a nice time in Houston using miles.   Looking forward to hanging out with Karen and Kat (no purring) and then time with oldest DD for more wedding planning.

Youngest dd suggested that I pick her up vs friends mom. She said I could come on Tuesday and spend the night in her dorm room so that we could leave when she's done with class on Wednesday. (Thanksgiving) I will happily take her up on that offer. When she pointed out that there is a path along the river I could run on - as if I needed the offer sweetened- I was tickled to think she really wanted me to spend the night there. Her room mate heads out a day earlier than her and they have a futon.  Looking forward to time with her. She's doing great in school and got the job as campus tour guide.

Lisa

LC Runs

Lisa - so glad you are back!  Sounds like a great weekend.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that is awesome you are getting to spend the night with DD and bringing her home!

Margaret - so sorry you are sick, upper respiratory is miserable.  Feel better soon!

Kat -  I wish I could help but I can not figure out how to post a picture on this site, it is very frustrating.

Quick 1 mile run and lower body workout this morning, and 3-4 after work, weather should be nice for it.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day again for me!

Training cycle for Spring starts a week from today. My INTENT is to take the entire week off running. But..I know I am going to get antsy - so I am just going to run if I feel like it. I am hoping I can stick to my guns and just not run until next Monday. I tell you one thing, I don't feel like it today. LOL. Hamstrings and quads are still pretty sore. I brought my gym stuff just incase, but I think I am going to give myself another complete rest day before I do any cross-training.

Yesterday was very lazy and I loved every minute of it! Its going to be really hard for me to come down from the high that I was on this weekend. I am sure I will dip into some marathon blues..but that is normal for me so I am expecting it!

My SIL is due this week....I am keeping my PTO on standby Smile

Kilmisters – When I say it felt good – it felt good until the last couple miles haha. I mean you are in pain, but you go in knowing that. I am going to do the same training cycle over again. Maybe increase mileage a few of those weeks..we don’t get much winter weather. LOL. I wish! Oh wow! I didn’t realize women could be so aggressive! Haha. LOL at your FIL. So did you win?

Diane – Lucky you get a short week and you get to go see DD and GD!! That’s exciting and something to look forward too! Murder on the orient express..hmm is that a movie?? Awe, glad I inspired you!

Cathy – Awe, glad the sleepover went well for the most part! Was this her first big sleepover? I remember a few of my sleepovers when someone would start crying to go home. WOOHOO for some progress on the foot yesterday. Are you going to try to run today? Or just ellipcital. Awe! I hope I didn’t bother you during your food shopping!! I was going to text HCBF but if I was going steady at ANY PACE he would say I was doing awesome. I wanted an honest answer Smile But really, sorry if I interrupted your food shopping! Thanks for the confidence in me! Once I got to the start line I felt ready. When I was hanging with the 4:30 group I felt strong..a little worried that I wouldn’t be able to keep it going..but I think the cake kept me going. LOL. Plus Richmond is just such an awesome race with strangers cheering for you and everything. I think I am going to do the same training cycle again and maybe increase mileage on some weeks. I knew deep down I could get under a 4:30..but a 4:15?! I don’t know about that. I guess we will see how it goes. I have got the mindset for it but am I physically capable. AHH I will stress about that later. Smile Thanks for offering to do up a spreadsheet! Maybe next time! When you are ready to train again what is going to be your plan of choice?

Laura – Looks like you had the organizing to do this weekend! Congrats on getting that done! That is a marathon in itself. LOL. LOL, sorry I had to laugh at you being disappointed that BF didn’t leave for a week. I get it though!!  Good luck with the work drama today.

Sandy – WOOHOO Nice run yesterday!! That weather is PERFECT. We are supposed to be in the 60’s later this week. WHAT THE HECK. Make up your mind! Awe, glad it helped with some mental therapy! Sorry the potato soup didn’t turn out like you wanted! Why do you hate making bacon? Is it because it smells up the house? I hate that it does that too. Nice job hinting to Cathy about Fargo..she should come!! I don’t think HCBF is coming..but that is okay. I don’t think he wants to be around a bunch of girls. Not wearing my medal today Smile But I am going to brag about it and I am walking like I had “too” much fun this weekend LOL.

Karen – First of all, CONGRATS on a great race and an AWESOME time!! Wow, way to grab that goal! Hehe. I am with you on not noticing your surroundings..I can’t believe Tessa and her race reports. I don’t remember most of the miles. AWWWW that is so awesome to see your runners make their goal! I can only imagine how that made you feel!! You are awesome Coach Karen!!! Smile Haha, 4:15 in Fargo? I guess we will have to wait and see! I would love to get it for the earlier one..but lets be honest - VA weather is all over the place and there is a good chance that race will be humid. How could you do chores after a race?! No, just no!

Docket – Holy crap, nice miles!!! Congrats on the mileage this week!!! I like that..marathons are an endurance test.

HuronHeart – Oh NO!!! I hope you are feeling better!! Stomach bug..nope. I cry when I get those. I cry and call my mom.

Tessa – AHHHH no not ringworm!! Oh man, sorry you had to spend your weekend cleaning! I have had ringworm once..I think I got it from the gym. Nice running this weekend! Any particular reason you are on the fence about the 50K?

Lisa – Nice trail miles! Woohoo!! LOL at the Walkman comment. Awww..sweet of DD to ask you to stay with her! No cat here, but Ruger snores worse than HCBF.

Margaret – Awe Margaret!!! I am sorry you are sick Sad Your body isn’t giving you a break! Get better!!

Kathryn – I uploaded mine to a picture website and then copy and pasted the link in the text body. I hate it. I miss RW picture uploads!

Off to try and be productive! I still don't want to move. But at least I look cute Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I needed something as I've been doing nothing since the 50k.  Just don't feel it but your smashing the marathon was so awesome and inspirational.  Murder on the Orient Express is based off a book by Agatha Christie.  I'm a huge fan of hers.  Have read all of her books several times and that was my favorite.  It's set on a train in 1934 that travels from Istanbul, Turkey to Calais France.  I' love train travel, did it all the time in Germany, so I would have loved it.  DH likes trains too.  We took one to the Grand Canyon (Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel) and had a blast.

Hi Lisa!  I'll keep the Jan race in Houston in mind.  A lot will be determined on seeing my dad and what shape he's in.  He doesn't sound good on the phone so...Oh and one of my cat's purrs loudly but she's pissed right now about the kitten.

Laura/Kat I can't figure out the pic thing either so I just put them on FB.  I just don't care to learn the convoluted steps they have here.  I do miss RWOL's easy pic loading.

Karen it's so fantastic that your group did so well.  I'm so happy for them and you.  Coaching suits you.

Cathy, DD had sleep overs but usually just 2-3 girls.  Glad it went so well.

I've got a list of "events" to do for 2018 but just can't make up my mind on which ones to pick.  Some I still need prices for but it's funny this year I actually told DH that I had a list and we could sit down and make sure the dates were ok and he was "you pick what ever ones you want, I'll be here what ever day you need me".  He's never said no but still that was a load off my mind from worrying.  I'm going to try and take July/Aug off of any events so if he wants to see his dad in IL he can and I'll watch the dogs.

I need to grab some coffee...I'll do more personal later.

Seloc

5mi for me this morning in 25*.  No wind so awesome weather!  Legs still tired from boot camp and trx/bells.  I really need to stretch and get out that foam roller.  Hate that thing haha  6 hours of a "virtual summit" online today.  Hopefully it's interesting or I may very well fall asleep!  Let's hope this Monday goes fast!

Laura - wow, awesome job on the purge!  I, too, had to laugh about you wishing BF was at camp with his dad haha.

Karen - CONGRATS on your race yesterday and CONGRATS to your trainees, too!  What a great coach.  Makes me ponder soliciting your input though I'm skeered you will make me work hard LOL  Were did you end up for dinner last night?

Damaris - the dreadmill queen is at it again.  OMG, chica - awesome run.

HH - ew on the stomach bug - hope it's short-lived!  Good luck with the car shopping.  I absolutely DREAD that task!  I'm hoping for another 2-3 years with what I have before having to do so.

Tessa - bummer about the ringworm and so super sad about the kit kats.  Where is your maybe 50K?

Lisa - love your pic with Rosie!  Sounds like a fun weekend.  A little too close for my comfort to Mr. Possum.  Super fun to experience dorm life next week lol.  Oh, and my cat's snoring is louder than his purring haha

Gatsby - awww, man, so sorry for the bronchitis!  You can't seem to catch a break.  But, no doubt you will come back stronger than ever.  Hang in there!!

Lizzie - glad you had a nice lazy day yesterday!!  Yeah, I get the post marathon blues myself.  But, hopping in to the next training cycle does seem to help.  I REALLY hope you take another complete rest day today AND the entire week off running.  I dare ya LOL  Seriously, though, it will be a nice break.  Yeah, bacon just smells up the house for days, it seems.  And old food smells just gross me out.  One of the reasons I hate going to the grocery store - you come out smelling like fried chicken!  Or, when people smell like the dinner they just ate grosses me out to no end.  Another gramma quirk, I guess ha ha.  Whatcha wearing today Ms cutie patootie?

Diane - awwww that's sweet of DH.  Sounds like things are improving and that's awesome!  Okay, I kinda had to laugh at the older cat being pissed at the kitten.  Do you keep them separated or has she learned to tolerate?

Ah, best do a little work before the online thingy starts.  And get more coffee.  Have a great day, peeps!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Contrats to the racers! Great pictures! You are all bada$$!

Damaris, you make racing look so easy.

Lizzie, there is such a thing as sweet potato soup. Wear the medal somewhere at least!  

Arimathea, sorry about the kitty illnesses and the ringworm. Yikes!

Friday and Saturday, I got involved with life and rested up for the long run on Sunday.

Sunday Buddy and I ran 55 minutes out the trail and park until he left, then I added 25 minutes on my own down in the park. It was 28° when we started out. It was pretty quiet except for some very busy squirrels.  Sunday Buddy and I are going to our Winter Plan (which is to our own inside tracks) until we meet up again in March. I will miss him but I hope to stay out this winter as much as possible instead of inside. His parting words to me were “Don’t go out there without me” which is an admonition not to go in the isolated places alone. He’s been a great protector. We are starting our 22nd year.

Today I hope to run down in the park.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

When we aren't home we separate the kitten as she's still so tiny, Sandy.

Judy your Buddy is right, please be careful going out alone, you have too many creepy admirers.

Tessa, I've never had ringworm which is shocking due to all my animals and walking around barefoot all the time so I feel for you.  Sorry about the kitties too.  How sad.  I too am curious as to the 50k?

Kilmisters

Lisa, so glad to see you back here!

Cathy, wow, awake till 2am and only 5.5hrs of sleep? Ah, youth Big grin Hoping they'll be ready to have such amount of sleep (and less) week after week after week when in college/university Big grin

Sandy, I think there is direct correlation between frustration levels/amount of problems and mileage! I sometimes stretch the run to whatever distance/time it takes to calm down after DH has upset me (as always unintentionally and about tiny, irrelevant stuff Big grin)

Margaret, ugh, get well!

Karen, wow, nice HM! Will try to channel you when chasing the 1:50 goal at some point in the future! Thanks for responding re: easy run pace, it's encouraging! I don't think 12:00min/mi is slow enough to mess w running form. Damaris, well, let's just hope no hurricane-scale disaster will interfere w your peak week this time Smile 18mi on TM sounds like ''what year is this!?" after hopping off that thing.

Kat, can't help you w the issue, tinypic works for me. You can try to save a copy of the pic and just rotate it, then upload. Can be pain in the butt, but it works.

It's been quite productive day at work. Created a tool for marketing department that replaces having to click and copy a number literally 150 times w a simple filter from data cube. There is 0.3% error, but, compared to manually checking 150 stores every week, yeah... They'll take it Big grin

Rest day for me. Genuinely pissed at myself because I can only blame myself for the reason of cancelling the planned run (headache). I get it after drinking excessive amounts of green tea and yesterday I did just that. Oh well. It's not a big deal, I'll still get my 50k this week if nothing unplanned happens, but there will be crapload of games in Jan-Apr, so the mileage inevitably drops and floorball goes into 1st place in sports priority list and then you remember these days when you skipped the run because of stupid reasons.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.  My right Achilles feels like I hit it with a chair or something and I foggily remember I did, sigh.

Lisa, all of mine do!  It makes me sleepy, lol.  Glad you are back!

Laura, nice workouts. Good luck with the rest this afternoon.

Lizzie, rest days are good!

Diane, that was nice of hubby.  Just pick the most interesting ones.

Sandy, nice 5.

Judy, thanks!  Hoping the run at the park goes well.

Elina, enjoy ther est.

It took me forever to finish the shoutouts, so I suspect I cross posted with a bunch of people.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I have a post race (event) question:  I know that people get the "blues" after a finish but I didn't get blue after the Hawk, I didn't after the Pumpkin and don't really feel blue...I just feel like nothing special happened.  I can't get the thought out of my head that doing a 50k wasn't anything special...it just was.  I have gotten more excited for the HM PR at the Joplin one in May.  It's like all my motivation/desire died and like Ginny I'm at a loss as to how to get it back.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

About 20 minutes on the elliptical and 1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.  Foot feels OK, so I am cautiously optimistic.    I have the next 5K in the winter series this weekend with DD, but not planning to race it and I will just run with DD at whatever pace she feels like doing.  The elliptical is going OK, so I am considering doing an interval day with it, when I would normally do speedwork.  Since the actual running speedwork may be awhile yet.  And then doing a "long run" day which will be a longer workout with elliptical combined with running to slowly get my endurance back up.

Lisa, your cat is Turkey?    Aww, sounds like it will be a nice time with DD!  Things seem to be going well for you.  Makes me happy!  It is so awesome that you are back.

Laura, nice job getting your workouts in!  You got a lot done this weekend!

Lizzie, hope your rest week goes well.    Ooh, excited for your SIL!  This was DD's first sleepover party here.  She was invited to some other ones, two where she went to the party but did not want to sleep over.  The last one she did sleep over, they had a huge party during the summer so they had the girls outside in a couple big tents in their backyard.    Apparently it was very regimented, the girl's mom slept in one of the tents and made sure everyone went to bed at 10:00.     No, you did not bother me at all!  It was awesome that you texted me.  Richmond does sound like a great race, I may have to go out there.    Well, you can aim for a 4:20'ish on your next race.  Then you may end up with a 4:15'ish.    That's what I did for my last marathon, started with the 4:20 pace group and just tried to stay ahead of them.  Ended up with a 4:16.  At this rate you will get the sub 4:15 before me!    I think you are physically capable.  

Diane, I would like to do a train trip.  I've always enjoyed trains!  I bet the kids would love it.  Nice that DH is being flexible.  Hmm, not sure what to say about the lack of motivation right now.  I know my motivation comes and goes, particularly for early morning runs.    Usually once I start running I feel great though.  I do need something though, a plan even for when I'm not training for anything.

Sandy, we had one of those mornings where the grass was frozen.  It actually looked really pretty this morning with all the frost.  Nice running lately!  "Virtual summit?"  That sounds interesting.    DH used to make bacon using the burner on the grill outside because the kids did not like the smell.     I have a tentative plan mapped out for ramping up my mileage.  Right now aiming for a half in fall.  We'll see how it goes.    I would love to do Fargo but I don't see a marathon in spring.

Judy, that is great that you have such a longtime running buddy!

Elina, yes, DD was going strong on such little sleep.  She went roller skating in the afternoon!  They have a race and she won it for the first time.  She was pretty excited.    Sorry about the missed run today.  You have been so great about getting your running in!

Damaris, hope the achilles is better for your run tonight!  Wow, nice 18 TM miles!

Karen, awesome race and I am so happy for your runners!  I tend not to notice my surroundings when I race.  DH used to be amazed at all the things that I didn't see.     Did your runners appreciate your encouragement?  Remembering when I paced DD's last 5K and I tried to encourage her and she screamed, "I don't care!"  

HH-Kathy, hope your stomach is better today.

Tessa, so sorry about the kitty and the ringworm.

Margaret, ugh bronchitis.  I hope you recover quickly!

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, oh, I will most likely continue with McMillan.  I like the "rhythm" of the plans, and I really believe the fast finish type runs in the plan work well for me, as well as the taper.  I definitely have a ways to go before "outgrowing" the plan.    I may step down to the intermediate level for my next race though.

Arimathea

Tessa

On the fence mainly because of cost ($115) but also because it's 3.5 hours away and I don't want to spend money on a hotel. But it is a lovely looking course. RD is the same one who took over Shadow of the Giants and I want to know what's going on with that race after the fire up there in the summer.

Um, Lisa...not surprised that the animal stood there and didn't move. You have heard the expression "playing possum"?

Great that youngest DD wants you to come down and spend the night!

Liz, yes take a few days before diving back into spring training.

Margaret, oh no! You have been sick entirely too much this year.

Diane, you know, it's not necessarily a bad thing to think "50K, no big deal"...you knew you could do it, you did it. And you can do it again!

Off to a meeting, will try to get back later.

Margaret, oh no! You have been sick entirely too much this year.

No kidding!  It's like my warranty just expired or something...

Worked in the morning, taking off for sick time this afternoon.  No running, plenty of coughing and sore ribs.  Makes it difficult to sleep, ugh.

Enjoying reading about what everyone is up to.  Once I start running again, I'll be better about personals, I promise!

Anyone else miss the array of emoticons from RWOL?  Especially the ones that waved, which I seem to have used a lot instead of posting, haha.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes Margaret this site is rather bare bones with emotes.  I'm sad to hear you are sick...again.  Get well soon.