Womens Running

Go Ladies GO WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Good luck to the racers this weekend!!!!

Lisa, Karen, Kathryn, Sandy and Cathy!!! Anyone else?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me! Heading to core soon.

Well, I DID IT!! WOOHOO! 60.4 this week! I was almost scared to run this morning..I thought my body would crumble. LOL. So so so proud of myself. Run was OK today. My achilles is not happy. Well, both my feet aren't happy. I ran sans music to make sure I kept it slow. Its done! Looking forward to core since it is a new routine. Smile

I am going to try and get in for a massage either today or tomorrow. My legs and feet need it bad. Not sure what else is going on. I heard HCBF's mom last night say something about getting together today. We will see. Last night wasn't too bad..glad HCBF and I drove separate because he didn't get home until 11. I left at 8:30.

I had a tough week so I want some relaxing! Smile

Diane - MMMM chocolate cake!!! Smile

Sandy - OH thats right! I forgot that you were in the Peace Corps! I am thinking that your boss would be okay with it. At least have a trial period and see how it goes anyway. Smile Hope you are out there having fun today - and staying warm!

Tessa - True about people walking behind the car - that is the beauty of backup cameras! I never use that stupid camera for backing up - just to see if people are behind me. Nice job with the lunchtime run! Hope you get some downtime this weekend.

Docket - Nice miles yesterday! Sorry about the calves..bummer about the shoes!

Margaret - I was wondering where you were Smile Nice running! I can’t believe that 50K is so close!!! Next weekend already?! Are you ready?! LOL at the light up Christmas tree. 

Run4kupcakes - Nice 8 last night! Good luck today with the inlaws..

Happy Weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have OTF and 5 miles total.  Bowing out of the Miami HM tomorrow but maybe I'll pick up my bib today and see.  LOL.

Lizzie, great job on the mileage!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

20 miler done. Trail running is stupid. First place 50-59. Now I may be sitting in the car with seat heater on and heater blasting while waiting for the other two. At some point I’ll get up and go get food....but right now I’m freezing and tired.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

20 miler done. Trail running is stupid. First place 50-59. Now I may be sitting in the car with seat heater on and heater blasting while waiting for the other two. At some point I’ll get up and go get food....but right now I’m freezing and tired.

Karen:  woohoo!! CONGRATS!!  "trail running is stupid." LOL!!  why?  I didn't get the memo on your trail race so I'm curious.  Where is this race that you are freezing? Don't you love seat heaters!?!

Tessa:  I would like to run at least 8 miles but 10 would be great!  I have a HM trail the following Saturday, on the 10th.  I'm not a sprinter so I don't do 5k or 10k roads.  Would prefer trails. It's about a 20 min drive from our hotel to Griffith Park. Having said that, we will be 'toasting' away on Friday night so I gotta be good, one drink and go to bed early.  Yeah, right ........ I might end up running at least 4, and if I get in 5, I will be happy, LOL!!  I usually ask the hotel staff if there is a running trail nearby but it looks like it's all paved area.  Would love to meet up ........let's play this by ear.  Regarding the Lost Dutchman, I ran the HM and it was dirt road out and back .........so I assumed the FM was the same..........but after reading more on it, you're right, it hasn't gone all trail apparently.  So it looks like I will be searching for a trail race for Feb. 2019.

Seloc:  hope you had an awesome race!  Here's another road race in Feb in Phoenix.  I ran the HM years ago, you might want to check out the reviews for any changes.  Less runners and on the west side of Phoenix.  https://marathons.ahotu.com/event/sun-health-arizona-marathon-half-marathon-relay-5k-walk-run

Diane:  well, the Lost Dutchman still has a HM and it's all dirt road.  There are other trail races in AZ, with the Aravaipa trail running series and Xterra AZ trail running series.  Let me know and maybe I'll run one with you.  It's funny that a week after my 26k trail race and tummy problems, I ran 12.6 mountain miles with no problem.  I know I didn't eat enough the day before and morning of race, it was just a stupid mistake. thank goodness, it doesn't happen often.  They have Zumba class at the fitness center and the staff keep asking me to join but not my thing ..........reminds me too much of jazzercise, couldn't stand the music.

Gatsybird:  At first, I thought you meant the Tucson Marathon which is a fast course too, big difference is it drops only about 1800 ft and it's held in Dec.  The RD is Pam Reed, have you heard of her?  Our AZ running legend.  https://www.active.com/running/articles/interview-with-badwater-135-legend-and-ultrarunner-pam-reed?page=1

But the Revel Mt Lemmon is held in Nov.  with a course drop of just over 5,000 ft, it's a fast course. Hmmmm, might think about being a spectator or volunteer, I like Tucson.

Liz:  WTG!! over 60 miles for the week!!  You gotta run a trail race, a 50k at least!! With those miles and you're getting stronger, you'll rock it!!

Cathy - Turtles:  I don't have anything planned for that week you will be in Williams, so will keep a meet and greet in mind.  DH and I might have a bike ride on the 7th.  I still would like to run a trail race around Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe though.

Docket:  strange how surgery affect your shoe fit.  But not unheard of I'm sure.  Kinda like a certain year, shoes fit great and then a slight change by the company, and it's screwed up.  Hope the calves heal up, I know how frustrating they can be.

Kilmisters

Things have settled down a little, so decided to read what's new here.. Smile Good luck racers! I'm pretty lost regarding what races are over already and which one are still to come. Except Karen's, the ''trail running is stupid'' made me laugh. Congrats on the first place, tho, despite this lesson Smile I've planned a 10k trail ''race'' myself right after the floorball season and depending on how it goes either 10 or 18k at my hometown... The last half mile goes right past my childhood district, up the hill I was spending hours on during winter till mother dragged my frozen self home Big grin Superexcited about other upcoming event too - NHL is having few games in Europe as part of promoting the game in other continents, and two of those are in Stockholm... 80 minute flight from Riga! My BF's favorite team is playing in both. So, obviously, we're going Big grin Plans for October already, yay!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Ran 2.76 at OTF (power day, yay) and 2.49 now, for 5.25.  I almost ran 6 just because I was on my way to it, but meh, we got home too late.

Karen, congratulations on the AG!

AZ, I thought it was the different shoe model, but even the older shoes are affecting me.  I had run the Chicago Marathon in these shoes and no calf issues, so weird.  Hope you had a nice Saturday.

Elina, a trip to Stockholm sounds great!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles and strength training.

Lizzie, are there lots of lights where you run? I 'm impressed you can do speedwork in the dark.

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the AG win

Arimathea

Tessa

Diana, I shall ask RN, she and her club buddies often run over there. Heck, I might drag her along too! I'm thinking either Eaton Canyon or the area behind JPL for trail running. Let's plan on Saturday morning! PM me your hotel and cell number if you would. My email is firstname lastname (which is Lucero) at sbcglobal dot net.

Karen, trail running is fun! Congratulations to you on first in 50-59.

Hope Lisa and Kat enjoyed themselves and Lisa has added Texas to her list!

Liz, congratulations on the >60 mile week!

Margaret, great minds...I looked for races in Portland or surroundings in March too. Nope, nothing. I am thinking Crater Lake on August 11th -- I can drive up there, stay near the race the night before, do the race, drive down to Eureka where Dear Niece lives, spend that night at her place, and drive home the next day. Would you be interested? She has a spare bedroom and two couches. And she would be pleased to host as long as we take her out to dinner!

Elina, nice to hear that the NHL is going to Europe! Enjoy. SIL has cheered for the Kings since 1973 or so when they were established, if they are playing in Europe she just might go.

Sandy, hmmm. If you want to spend a few months in California working remotely this coming winter, DD should be living in Wisconsin to get her year's work in before getting her California license, so we will have a spare room and room for a kit kat as well. Think about it!

Damaris, sorry the shoes are not as good since the surgery.

Kupcakes, not sure if Liz has streetlights or if she wears a headlamp or carries a flashlight. Me, we have streetlights so not a big deal.

5.5 this morning. Not much. I was overnight host at Family Promise and didn't leave there until 7:30, and I had to get home early (9:30 or so) in order to get cleaned up and to church for an 11 AM funeral. So I did a short run, albeit very hilly, and called it good. Then funeral, then went down to the Valley to pick tangerines and blood oranges. DD came with me which helped a lot because the homeowner didn't say he had 4 trees, all of them laden with fruit, and tangerines need to be picked with ladders and clippers. You can't use an orange picker on them, the skin rips. We got 3 boxes of fruit and are happy with that.

Seloc

Morning, friends!  I'm having a relaxing morning drinking coffee and surfing the Interwebs from the couch  Though, I do have laundry going.  Haven't decided if today will be a rest day or if I will go out for a few when it warms up a bit and the sun comes out.  Legs feel great.  Half went awesome.  So super proud of my RB - she absolutely BLEW her goal out of the water.  We were not DFL (I think there were 5 or so people behind us - just under 500 runners) and we went 17 min!!! under 3 hours.  High 20*s for temps with sunshine though we bucked a pretty stiff wind on the way out that was more annoying than anything.  Turn around about mile 8 it was at our backs and felt amazing.  Lots of rolling hills on the course but we stuck to the race plan of only walking at the start of every mile.  Sometimes that was adjusted if we were on a hill - no need to walk a downhill!  Picked up a random about mile 1 and she stayed with us the entire time.  RBs family came down to the finish so that was super fun for her.  Then we met up with the fasties for beer after.  It really was a great day!

Lizzie - congrats on the 60mile week!  Holy cow, girl, that is a LOT of early wakeups!  Super proud of you for having the patience to ramp up slowly and avoid injury and crush your goal!  Hope you got in some relaxing yesterday and enjoy today's rest day!! I always watch the Weather Channel on weekend mornings and always look at the weather heading to Richmond haha - looks like you will be getting some rain this week and then snow - your fav!!

Damaris - oh wow, I didn't realize you were considering a half today!  Why the DNS?  Not judging at all - you are a racing mad woman - just curious.  Hope you are feeling okay.  Or, maybe it's crappy weather?

Karen - LOL on trail running is stupid.  Sorry, that made me laugh.  It's HARD for sure!  But look at you and AG WIN - woot!  Loved the pics on FB, too.  Go Team Beef!

Diana - thanks for the race suggestion!  But, seems like maybe it's no longer run?  The domain name is for sale.

Elina - glad things have settled a touch for you!  Ooooh, NHL in Stockholm - that sounds fun!  I've actually been to Stockholm a few times for work back in 2009/2010 (?)  I LOVED it! Even though I was there in the winter and I never saw daylight haha

Tessa - gosh, so super generous of you to offer lodging next winter.  Will keep in mind.  I'm just in the initial thought process right now.  Goodness you give a lot of your time.  Nice job squeezing in some miles!!

HCK - nice miles the last couple days!

Gatsby - OMG that race is a SERIOUS downhill!  Holy cow.  Sounds like a quad burner for SURE.  But it does sounds like FUN!!  Good to know about for sure - who knows at this point what pans out - just in the initial thought process for now.  Ooooh, your 50K is next weekend!  You have really crushed the couch to 50K training for SURE!  Excited for you.

There is SO much going on around here with the Super Bowl and St. Paul Winter Carnival.  I wouldn't mind heading DT Mpls today to check some of it out but not sure I'm up for battling the crowds.  Plus it's in the teens today so a touch chilly to be walking around outside.  Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me.

I am hurting. Hips...feet...headache. And it is raining outside and will be all day. Perfect day for a rest day Smile Plan to soak in the tub for a while and HCBF and I have a few errands to run but couch time for the most part! Oh, I made chocolate chip cookie batter..so have to bake those today Smile I love lazy Sundays!

Docket - No Miami half?!?! I didn’t  realize you were signed up! Whats your next marathon?

Kathryn - Congrats on the race yesterday!!!

Karen - Congrats on the 20 miler!! I am guessing you were feeling better cold wise? Nice AG placement! LOL at your “stupid” trail run response haha. Tell Lisa we said congrats, too!!

Diana - How many miles do you average a week when you are training for a 50K? Trail races scare me. I feel like I would get lost somewhere hahaha. Plus, there aren’t many trails real close to me so I would have to drive somewhere to do all my training. I could see me quitting training because I was annoyed. It is still on my bucket list though. Someday. I think I would need to find someone to train with if I decided to do that.

Kilmisters - Hi! I have figured you were busy at work and with mini-K! Smile How is everything going? Have you ever done a trail race?

Run4kupcakes - No lights where I run. Some house lights but no street lights. I carry a flashlight. I have run around here so much that I know where all the potholes are and etc. Though sometimes I do lose footing and hit a divot.

Tessa - Sorry you had to go to a funeral yesterday Sad Speaking of blood oranges, are those in “season” right now?? I am seeing them everywhere in the grocery. Sweet of you to offer to host Sandy for a few months Smile

Sandy - Awe, congrats on the half and congrats to your RB for hitting her goal!!! Glad it was such a great day. Were these fasties the ladies you run with sometimes? Did they run the race too? Awe, you really look at Richmond? Haha. Yes, we are in for a lot of rain this week. I don’t think the snow is going to accumulate. It has been way too warm. I keep forgetting that MSP is hosting the Super Bowl! I am betting places around your office are going to be crazy this week. Enjoy the rest day if you decide to take one..or have a good run Smile Smile

Happy Sunday!

Sunday already? Wait what happened to Saturday?  Meant to post yesterday but I guess that didn't happen.  11 miles yesterday, might do a few tonight.  Have a meeting today in Auburn for Western States aid station captains, which I do every year.  That's 2.5 hours drive each way, plus a few hours for the meeting.  Maybe I should have gotten up early to run this morning but I didn't feel like it.  Calling it tapering.   Got tied up in a Warriors-Celtics game on TV last night.  I'm normally sort of meh about basketball until the playoffs, which last an eternity, but it was a great game, down to the last seconds.

Congrats to Seloc (and friend), Karen, Kat, and Lisa on their races yesterday!

Kilmisters, when I saw your FB post about NHL playing in Europe, I was confused for a sec because one of the teams is Florida, and I had no idea there was a hockey team in FL.  I guess that makes about as much sense as hockey in San Jose, probably more so since a lot of people from NY and NJ end up there.

Lizzie, great job on your big running week!  Sounds like a perfect day for you, with hanging out with a hot tub, cookies, and HCBF.  I love looking at rain outside when I know I don't have to go anywhere.

Tessa, I'll look into the Crater Lake race.  It's a place I've always wanted to see.  That will get you Oregon, which you need, right?  Was wondering about temps but historically they're not too bad for August 11, average low of 58 and high of 75.

az2mn, yes, I have heard of Pam Reed.  A badass for sure.  There's a lot a good ultra runners in AZ -- especially northern AZ... Jim Walmsley, Andrew Miller.

Yikes, out of time.  Have to leave for my meeting.  BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Tessa, unfortunately Kings aren't coming to Europe; it's Edmonton vs New Jersey in Stockholm; Winnipeg vs Florida in Helsinki. Sadly no Flyers. Where does your SIL live? (sorry, you might have mentioned this before).

Sandy, < 500 racers sounds perfect! Love the small races. And glad you had a good one Smile Made even better by the post-race beer, I bet Big grin Sweden in winter must have been, well, a bit, uhm... Dark, for the lack of a better word Smile

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day, you deserve it, you crazy woman [talking about mileage and strength work here] Smile Your mention of chocolate cookies almost, aaaaalmost made me (start to) consider getting off the couch and driving to store... but nah Smile Generally everything's going well, thanks! The work has been a bit too stressful for my liking, but part of that is something I've created myself - by over-analyzing. K has sorted her sleep schedules out, that helps Smile

Margaret, smiling about both - complaint that play-offs last eternity and the fact you didn't know there's a team in Florida. First, because that's the awesome part! Second, Florida is one of the teams in NHL (Arizona and Carolina also on that list) that get mentioned when someone wants to argue that it's pointless to have NHL team in South. But that's pretty selective reasoning; Tampa Bay, San Jose and Dallas are doing well. It's all about the management.

8mi yesterday (I wouldn't had gone out for that run but a person that annoys me to no end decided to visit us and ''I'll go for a run so that the legs are ready for tomorrow's game'' was a pppperfect excuse! Sorry not sorry. I literally asked DH to text me when she's gone. When he asked if I'd continue the run even if it meant 13+mi, the answer was a confident ''yes'' Big grin), and a floorball game today. The game went well. Finally truly getting confident when playing in the center position. Switching positions after 10 years of playing on wing is not easy. Whole thinking/instincts have to be changed.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Margaret - I was thinking the same thing all day today - How is it already Sunday?! Not fair. Nice 11 yesterday! Hope the meeting was fun. That is a long drive!

Kilmisters - So, does the “game went well” mean you won?! I can imagine switching positions is hard after 10 years - glad you are adjusting well! LOL at your reason for running today. Love it Smile Smile

Laura - I was thinking about you today. I saw your post about your back! I hope everything is ok!

Cathy - Congrats to you and DD on a great race today! Anxious to hear how the foot did.

Nice lazy day over here. Ate too many cookies Smile We are going to get Thai delivered and just catch up on some shows.

I dont want to go back to work tomorrow. NNNOOOOOOOO dont make me! 

Hope everyone has enjoyed their Sunday!