Womens Running

High Five its THURSDAY! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Who knew there was a National High Five Day??

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day but went to a 5:45 Body Pump class!

The gym is closed on my usual Body Pump day (Easter Sunday) so I went this morning so I could get some strength training in this week. New release so it was tough. I used to go to this 5:45am class many moons ago but then stopped since I had to be at work at 7:30. It was nice not having to rush to get ready Smile Smile

I have a MP run tomorrow. My last double digit! Not sure how well it will go since we are expected to be at 68-70 degrees tomorrow morning. Ugh.

So, are we saying Myrtle Beach is go?! I am trying to plan my vacations for next year Smile Smile

Tessa - Exciting about the car today! Let us know how you like it Smile My friend who had bees in her wall - her husband thought it was smart to knock a hole in the wall from the inside. BEES EVERYWHERE.

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

I have my last tempo run today. 10 miles with 2x2.5 at half marathon pace. Waiting for the thunderstorms to roll through and still hoping to get done before it heats up too much out there. Other than that, I dunno. DH decided to take vacation tomorrow, so he'll be around then. Turns out find a campsite in the Austin area for a Saturday night three days ahead of time (especially on a holiday weekend) is pretty difficult. We finally adjusted our plans and found one spot up near Temple on a lake. He has ridden out there with his team so will either find a group ride through the guy that lives close to there or just ride solo Sunday morning. Options don't look that great for running, so I'm going to do the 4 easy miles on my schedule that day on Friday, then make Sunday my rest day. Should be fun - we originally thought about going down to the beach, but idiot Riley drinks the water and then gets sick. It wasn't too bad when we just stopped there for an hour or so, but two days at the beach could really work him over.

My neighbor running her first half has started having some foot pain and if afraid it's post tib tendonitis. She tells me this as she's about to go out and run her last speedwork. I told her not to do speedwork, and put her in touch with my miracle healer doc that I've seen two different times shortly before races when something hurt (including less than three weeks before my 100). She's going to see him on Tuesday.

Sandy, shorts run!!!!!

Tessa, enjoy the new car! I am assuming lots of choir and singing and church are on your agenda for the weekend.

I don't remember if there was anything else I wanted to comment on from yesterday or not, so I guess I just won't.

Liz, I really like the idea of Myrtle Beach. I'm not sure what flights would cost for those of us not in driving range, but the thing I remember from running it in 2008 was the hotels right on the beach were super cheap because it was so early in the season. Houses would probably be cheaper as well. They did cancel it one year for freak snow, but I think they've moved it a few weeks later in the year (used to be mid-February) so that is even less likely to happen.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

4 miles run/walk again.  I'll take it.  Not very fast, but quite relaxing.

Every morning we take Skye to the old house (near the office) so she can hang out with her blonde brothers.  I told DH I didn't need the leash, bc she usually goes straight for the door. This morning...SQUIRREL!!! She took off and ran a squirrel up a tree in the neighbor's yard. Then she came to the door.  Little stinker!!

Yes, settling in at the new house.  Still have two rooms of boxes to go through. Sewing room is ready to set up now---I can't wait!!

Myrtle Beach???  When??

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

Liz, nice job on the workout.  Enjoy the rest day.

Karen, just saw the storms will be bad but not sure if you are in the area they talked about tornadoes and stuff?  Have fun on the workout.

Susan, nice job.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Myrtle Beach???  When??

March 7, 2020

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Tessa – woohoo for picking up the new car!  Happy Holy Week

Weather is WAY too unpredictable to start stressing, yet, peeps.  Says the chick only running the half Soooo I’ll shut up now.

Karen – no WAY it can be as windy as Fargo, do you think?  I guess at least at Fargo we were always turning so you were never with or against the wind for very long.  I just remember turning a corner at one point later in the race and about get blown back.  Had to grab my visor!  LOL  Your race pics are awesome!  But, my goodness, that dude you smoked had way WAY too many clothes on!  If he ran in MN, he might need to run in a snowsuit.  Go crush that tempo!

Lizzie – nice job getting to Body Pump this morning.  Any of the same people still going from when you were last?  Glad you had some success with Garmin.  Hope it stays fixed.  Ummm, do I often go to male strip clubs??  You could lure me to Myrtle Beach with the beach alone!!  I don’t need to see a bunch of junk swingin around.  Oh, and I had lots of wine for you last night.

Kat – man, sorry for the rough night at work the other night.  Hope yesterday was better!

Sue – hooray for getting out there!  Silly Skye.

Damaris – have a good 4 and keep that body safe!

Nothing for me.  Call it what you want.  My ankle is sore from the stumbles yesterday.  And I drank a lot of wine last night.  Really, I’m just lazy.  Company holiday tomorrow.  Yeah, do not even get me started on that.  I do not agree with it but I’m fine not working.  Especially since it’s supposed to be 60* and sunny!  No weekend plans but at least I should be able to sit on the patio for a bit.  Happy Easter to those who celebrate.  See ya Monday.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Today I did another 50 minutes on the TM running, but I'm going at a slower pace due to a med change. I'll try to speed it up gradually. We'll see how that goes.  
                  Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Another positive for Myrtle Beach, I'LL BE THERE SINCE I DEFERRED!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

High five day?  Alrighty!    6 miles for me this morning, 3 at HMP.  I did them on the TM, still not motivated to run in the dark.  Maybe after GC.  Parent/teacher conferences last night for older DD, her last one for middle school!  The kids are off tomorrow, but I have to work.  One more weekend before GC!

Lizzie, hopefully your Garmin is all straightened out now!  I think you can re-download things to your watch, at least the PR's and such.  You have to do it online from the Garmin Connect website.  Which reminds me, my friend gave me a gift card for the local running store for Christmas and I haven't used it yet... I actually don't even know how much is on it.  I guess I should find out!    I hope your MP pace run goes well!  With that temp, maybe a MP effort run?    I already did my last double digit run!  It will be weird not doing a long run this weekend.  Myrtle Beach would be fun.  That would be right after my birthday!   Yes, it is the new Wave Riders.  I feel pretty good about my goal at GC... unless it's windy!  Then who knows?    But that's OK, it will be a fun weekend regardless!

Karen, good luck on the tempo!  Not that you need it, you have been awesome lately.  Too bad about Riley drinking the water!  I hope your neighbor's foot improves!  Awesome race pic.  You look so determined.  It does look like you are dressed for different races, he is wearing gloves for a race in 50 degree weather?

Sue, at least Skye came back.    Yay for settling into the new house!

Damaris, glad the workout went well last night!

Sandy, ouch on the sore ankles.  Yes, the shoes are loud!  Slappy.    I also broke out a new pair of Kinvaras and they are not loud.  So I don't think it's just me.    I actually read some reviews online of people mentioning the same thing.  Every few iterations, they modify something on the Wave Riders and I don't like it.    Mr. Math can commit to shorts already because he never runs in the early morning.    I can understand your reluctance at setting up an early meetup with your friend again.  Sounds like a good day to have off tomorrow!  Enjoy the sunbathing.    Have a nice relaxing weekend!

Tessa, those are some tough bees!  Enjoy your Easter!

Kat, wow, that was a long work day!  Sounds like you are right to be pissed.

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Turtles,  I am so annoyed by the changes on the Wave Rider 22. They are significantly softer than the previous versions. I can feel my feet sink into the cushion with each step, I wonder if that adds to the noise? I have a list of other shoes to try on at Holabird Sports tomorrow,.I have pretty much only worn Wave Riders the last 5 years, this version isn't going to work.

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - 5:45 for body pump...good job!   Enjoy your last double digit run!

Karen - Fun that you guys can get out and do some camping this weekend!

Crazysue - I cant imagine moving your sewing room!  I bet that was a job.

Sandy - I’m laughing about the weather comment....it is funny when running a half I don’t stress about it either.  If I was doing the full....oh my gosh, I would be stalking it hourly!

Judy - Hope the med change evens out and your speed comes back.

Cathy - If we don’t have some crazy, freak weather pattern at GC, I’m sure you will nail your 1:55!

Did 7 yesterday.  SRD today.  I did Myrtle Beach half a couple of years ago.  Really enjoyed it!  Was a small, but big race - meaning it had a lot to offer, without it being crowded!  Lodging was cheap, too.

Carol

So...I put Myrtle beach on my calendar to consider for next year........

DH and DS2 have been absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of stuff that came out of my sewing room.  I'm going into serious purge mode as I put things away. People give me stuff all the time that I don't really have plans for, so all that crap is going away.

Supposed to be very stormy this afternoon.  Skye is crated at the old house.  I hope she doesn't freak. DS2 and the blondes went to Starkville.

Seloc

Pretty sure this will make everyone sad 

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, above average for us means 100s. But that has been "normal" here so maybe they refer to the 110s heat indexes, yay us.

Damaris

Fundraising Page