Womens Running

Moanin' Monday (daily) (Read 16 times)

LC Runs

I moan most days of the week, but Monday is the worst 

LC Runs

I AM happy with the lighter morning so at least I can run at a decent time for the next couple of weeks.

Heading out in a bit.

Hope everyone has a painfree day!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Off to get a rapid test - Intermittent ever so slight sore throat.  Then last night my bloody mary tasted strange - weak.  I switched horseradish so I thought that.  Then my morning coffee tasted weird too. Thought maybe my milk was slightly off.  So, better safe than sorry.  If all good, I still get my PCR later today for my trip.

Update later.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

4.1 sunny miles whoo hoo!

Kat - yes, better safe than sorry, hoping for negative results.

Okay, getting at Monday, hopefully it will be a fast moving yet uneventful day LOL

Kat--Hope the test is negative and you start feeling better

Cathy--WOW!!!! Great job on the marathon!!!!

Lori--WTG!!!

Karen--scary on DH.  Glad he is better. Countdown to house!!!  Air mattresses---a couple of years ago DH was at sea for several weeks and the air bladder on my side of the sleep number bed broke. I stuffed the bed with dollar store air mattresses and slept really well.

Damaris--how are you doing today??

Busy weekend here.  Went to a big arts festival in downtown Ocean Springs Saturday, then to Walmart. Kept Ann Marie, Abe, and Gracie overnight.  They were so much fun! Ann Marie was looking in the closet for presents!! Abe's new word: "Yep".  Sunday morning I tripped and fell at church. Sad Skinned my knee and worse, my fav pair of pants!!!  Afternoon I went gravel riding with Cissy. 15 miles on hard packed dirt/fine gravel. Just a couple of sandy spots. This was my first time on gravel and it went really well.  Last year I had my Trek hybrid upgraded to gravel (different gearing, wider knobby tires) but this was the first time I've ridden off road. And it was a beautiful day!

May be an image of nature and tree

3.5 miles this morning--ended up walking the last mile so I could help DH with the dogs--a loose dog would not leave them alone.

OMG my boss and two coworkers were working yesterday and I kept getting emails. It's the weekend people!!!!!

Happy Monday

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

All good. Negative!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!

My boss basically rewrote everything we are working on yesterday and slung out demands for all to be corrected by COB today. UGH!!!!!

Not the way to start the week.

Two years + from retirement.....just holding on.....

Kat--yay! Glad you are negative. Take care of yourself and feel better.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I've been working and forgetting to check in here.

Calf is not in pain today but I definitely can feel it. Ibuprofen doing it's thing I bet.

Some Pilates and upper body later. I got a new Pilates equipment on Thursday so I need to play with it.

Ooh, the new mattress we got is medium firm (last one was firm AF). It looked weird in the bed because the other one was like 1/3 thicker but we slept pretty good last night.

Laura, I moan every Monday.

Kat, ugh! Glad it's negative!

Susan, nice trail! Ugh, your boss is one of the bosses in our government that I say are the cause of why we never have a good telework policy, evaluations, uniformity, etc. The control freak is strong with yours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cathy, hearty CONGRATS on your race!

Lori, CONGRATS also!

KATS, great news about the neg test.

Karen, ahhh, the home stretch to the house!

Damaris, hope the hurt is getting better. Calf, was it?

Since the shoulder/arm incident I've been doing cardio segments and it has really helped range of motion of the arm and shoulder.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Damaris--omg!!! It's like she woke up today (well, yesterday actually -- she was firing out emails almost all day---on SUNDAY) and turned everything upside down and did not change any content but just rearranged, renumbered, bolded/unbolded/ or move columns on forms around just like she flicked a magic wand. Because she can. And then I have to change all the other docs to match.

QUIT CHANGING THE DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!

After playing this game all morning, I'm just done.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

A short baby weight workout today after work with DH. My shoulders are still achy. Legs feel fine though.

Last week I took Thursday and Friday off work to celebrate DHs birthday (he's Laura's birthday twin) and because I don't want to work Friday evenings if I don't have to.  Anyway,  on Thursday apparently some db mofo set off an IED at work. Thank God nobody was hurt. Thinking is that it is in retaliation for our company requiring vax in order to work OR because we are supposed to be losing a shift. I hope they catch the a-hole and charge him (police are involved) and that it doesn't cause the company to close up the plant and move it somewhere else. I need my full pension! And this city can't afford to lose anymore industry. It's in danger of being the next Flint.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Sue - OMG, your boss - I swear she is just evil!  I'm glad you got to have all the grandbabies there this weekend, you are a fun grandma!

Kat - whoo hoo, glad to hear it's negative!

Damaris - awesome you got sleep and the mattress is good, an uncomfortable bed is the worst!

Judy - glad your arm/shoulder is feeling good!

Lori - glad your DH had a good birthday !  OMG about the IED, how scary!  People have just become unhinged 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still not feeling 100%. I am ready to smack anyone who says "just a cold" at this point. It's been over a week. Did a strength workout and short run on the treadmill. Somehow last week I bruised the side of my big toe, which now hurts when running or walking barefoot.

LCRuns, it was nice to have light this morning when I got up. Not so nice having blinding setting sun in my mirror on the drive home.

KatS, glad the test was negative. All last week, I was sniffing coffee each morning to make sure I could still smell. it.

CrazySue, OMG, your boss. Those trails look fun.

Docket, no pain, even with the vitamin I, sounds like a positive.

judyruns, shoulder issues are no fun.

BerthaSlayer, what is wrong with people? Hopefully they catch whoever did it.