Womens Running

Tree-mendous Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Tree check=upright and vertical. Cat pissed since now there are presents under and she can't "stalk stealthily" from under cover of the branches.

Last day in office for me until January 5!  Off tomorrow (finish wrapping, clean house, drive to Indiana to run 50k).  In Chicago Mon and Tuesday, then off rest of the time. Offices open to 3pm on 24th and 31st but boss told us she is covering and will fire anyone who shows up or does work.  That was her gift to us.  (not exactly buying the do no work part but will see if she emails anyone)++

Tessa-just worth paying more attention to the frequency.  like a Christmas tree, you should be upright.  Maybe you just need a breast reduction now that you've lost all of that weight? 

Laura-webinar from Hell!

Karen-it was a photo and a caption that just felt worth truly sharing and turns out it is a shared Christian experience...which likely tests all having it to use Christian like words.  I verbalized my desire to convert to Judaism since they just had a bush.  although we'd likely burn down the house with the menorah.

2 parties yesterday (crashed one of our brands bowling party-bowled a 129!) then our Jingle Mingle for whole company.  Beer at one, peppermint schnapps laced hot chocolate at the other.  Bring on 2 more today!  Departmental one of lunch in Mexicantown and Shared Services (IT, HR, Finance, etc) at a nearby "watering hole."  I need to run 50k just to burn all of these calories!!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Birthday was very nice one to all who asked...great Italian wedding soup and wonderful rigatoni. The Italian bread is made on the premises and is so soft you wouldn't believe.

Podiatrist says very high arches = need for rigid arch supports in my stability shoes. He says to

Take Advil,

Roll the foot on a frozen water bottle,

Wear my good arch supports ALL the time,

Baby the foot,

Don't stretch it much right now and

Keep running and doing the aerobics.

I'm about to roll the foot right now before I go to work. Yesterday I ran about 30 minutes on the track then walked 15 minutes with a friend. I hope to do a short track run today after work.
      Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Last office day until 1/5....that is exciting!!!!  Sounds like lots of celebrating for you in the "D"!

Judy - glad the Podiatrist had some ideas for you.

Finished most of the wrapping etc. last night.  My goal is to have EVERYTHING taken care of by Friday.  AGAIN, no run, no class Sad   But, it's ok, mentally I needed to take care of things.

I am going to try to sneek out a little early today and get a little run in today Smile

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Enjoy the long time out of office even if some work still

rest day for me. Training in a bit.

Judy if you still have the foot roller I sent you it can go on the freezer too.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!  Thanks for the birthday wishes!  It was actually yesterday and the birthday wishes were early.  : )   My bro stayed at my mom's and I went to a Christmas pot luck for lunch then out to dinner with friends last night.

Judy, I'm glad you had a nice day!  I hope your foot is ok.

Lisa, enjoy that time off!

Carol, it will be nice for you to ready  for Christmas so early!

Hi, Marjorie!  I hope your training is great!

I have run  this week, but no quality. We're still in the finals  but I won't be able to repeat week one.  I want to get in 6 today but it'll again need to be in 3 short blocks of a couple mi at a time..  It's a nice way to take a break.

LC Runs

Morning!  I am "off" today though am going in mid day for an office luncheon, have to work tomorrow instead.  Sooooo much to do, why does work always get in the way??     Fortunately, I only live a couple of miles from the office, so I will have some time before and some time after to get at least a few things accomplished.

Lisa - enjoy your time off!  We are closed from 12-24 - 1/1 (and I don't work 1/2), which sounds fantastic at the job interview, until you realize the reality of it is you work yourself to death before hand and then have to take work home to finish during the break.  I am also on call one day, which pays me $20 whoo hoo   Okay, enough bit**ing LOL

Judy - so glad you had a nice birthday dinner!

Carol - you will feel so much better once it's all done!!  My goal is to have it done by Xmas Eve ha ha!!  Actually, I should have some time Sun/Mon for wrapping, etc.  At least my kids are done with school events after tomorrow.

Marjorie - have a good training and rest day!

Camille - glad you enjoyed your birthday...I haven't been doing much mileage, or quality runs either.  Just trying to get in at least a little bit every day. I figure I'll buckle down more after the holidays!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks. I'm not receiving training. I'm doing the training. It was a compliance issue so I have to go reeducate the staff. At least people like to meet with me and view it as helping versus punitive.

Carol  hope you get all the stuff done this week.

Camille small runs are just fine

Laura do you have to take personal time those days or are they a paid benefit so you don't have to use vacation time?

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA but I am still sick!  Ugh.  Only ran those 2 miles on Tuesday because I tried to get back to normal and failed, ha.  I do feel almost 100% in terms of everything but the chest, so I have Pilates tonight and a run.  We'll see how that one goes.

I gave this crud to my husband, yay.  He is now being mocked instead of mocking me.

Lisa, boo at the presents!!!  Poor kitty.  Nice job on the two parties.  Enjoy the vacation!

Judy, hope the foot feels better.

Carol, hope you get your run in.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

Camille, happy belated birthday (if I forgot to wish it early) .

LC Runs, enjoy the office luncheon.  We had ours yesterday and it was fun!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Howdy!  Spin class this morning, followed by another installment of "mop that floor'!  Ugh.  Idk which dog it was, but I have mopped two days in a row!

Last night was a weird party.  Knitting ladies.  One is a lawyer and wanted to host an open house.  It turned out to be at her law office.  I think it was following her office party.  IDK.  She told me to arrive at 6:30, I got there at 6:15, saw the cars and went in.  Most of the people had been there for a while, food was pretty much gone.  She was kinda having an exclusive convo with a woman who doesn't usually come to our group, but is a close friend of hers.  Then they went to her office, friend came out w a big present.  Then friend left.  Host and secretary started clearing the tables.  Picked up my plate and drink (I was still eating).  I got up to help, and they put away my chair.   I pulled the "better go and check on BF" line and left.  Walked out the wrong door and ended up in the alley in a bad part of town.  Sheesh!!  I was glad to get out of there.

I missed all the other parties due to BF's heart procedure.  The one party I really wanted to attend keeps posting the pics on fb and tagging me saying they missed me, but the more I see the pics the more upset I am that I missed it.  I know, I am whining.  I am very thankful BF is ok.  I think the holiday stress is getting to me.  I really need to shut the office door and knit.

Thanks!  I really can't whine to anyone else.

annieSusan

Lisa, vertical and upright tree= good.

Judy, glad you got some foot advice.

Carol, yay for having most wrapping done.

Marjorie, your foot roller comment reminds me to tell you that I still use the one you sent me. I keep it on my desk at home, and every time I have even a trace of a tight feeling in my foot, I use it for a few days. I like it.

camille, glad your brother took over for a bit so you could have a bit of time with friends on your birthday.

LC, hope your office luncheon is fun.

Demaris, still sick? Oh, no! Enjoy mocking your DH!

Sue, that party DOES sound pretty weird. Sorry 'bout your floor mopping again.  It's nice to have a place here to whine/vent etc.

DS#1 did come for a flying visit, arriving last night on the way home from Ann Arbor (work trip) and staying until mid morning. We stayed up late talking, and went to breakfast this morning and had a couple of hours more to talk before he had to take off again. DH was able to go in to work late, so that worked out. Really good visit. Feeling blue now that he is gone again, so I am heading out to yoga in a few minutes. You know, I think that the one yoga class a week is good for me, but I don't really look forward to it the way I look forward to a run or a bike ride.

annieSusan

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, as long as the cat has not pissed on the tree or the pressies, you should be good. Does she still lie in the middle of the village like Godzilla taking a nap in the midst of the destruction?

The superstructure actually downsized also as a result of the weight loss. And in the latest case I didn't fall forwards, I fell on my butt. Which I wouldn't mind if that was smaller but I'm not having that reduced surgically either. And no, I was not under the influence. (At 6:30 on a rainy Tuesday morning? Tempting though the thought is, I wasn't.)

Wow, that's a lot of holiday cheer and celebration! Need to run 50K? We could arrange that...take you out 31 miles from home, drop you out there and force you to run back...oh wait, you're driving to Indiana to do it. Have fun! Wish I could join you. I don't have Indiana as yet. Looking thoughtfully at Gnaw Bone.

Laura, glad you did not have to demonstrate your presence. Our company caught on to the fact that most people were launching the training webinars and letting them run in the background whilst doing actual work, so now they require feedback (like answering a couple of questions on the content just presented) every few minutes before the webinar continues. Could be worse. One woman on runango just got summoned to a 3.5 hour meeting this afternoon. The topic? How her department can be more efficient. Um, try not scheduling 3.5 hour meetings...that might help...

Judy, that's an awful lot of instructions for one small foot!

Marjorie, I fly out on Monday afternoon also. And very much looking forward to the weekend! Anything I can bring you from California?

Glad your reeducating of staff is looked upon as helpful rather than as punishment. I'm afraid we look upon compliance training as the latter.

Carol, congratulations on getting most of the Christmas chores accomplished, even though it's at the expense of class and run...this too shall pass. Hope you do get a run in.

Camille, 6 miles is 6 whether in one 6 mile run, 2 3 mile runs, 3 2 mile runs, or whatever combo you find most comfortable. The only reason I'd caution someone to do them all at once is if they were training for a 10K. Glad you had a good birthday!

Damaris, hope you feel better. I'm just getting over a cold and it's miserable.

Susan/crazysue, it's OK to be disappointed at having missed a party you wanted to go to, I'm sorry. Glad BF is doing better. Can you hide that particular stream of pictures for a while so you don't keep getting reminded? And that sounds like a really weird open house. Not to mention rude. Clearing someone's plate and cup before they finish is most inhospitable.

Sorry on the dogs causing you to have to mop the floor frequently. At least it's mopping the floor and not shampooing the carpet! Do you have a Swiffer for quick cleanups?

Susan/annieSusan, nice that you got to see DS even though it was a quick visit! And if you don't much like going to yoga class, could you substitute a different type of flexibility training, or a class with a different instructor, or maybe a video?

3.2 miles this morning. I got out a little late and was going cautiously. But it was better than yesterday, and today I should be able to get to the gym at lunch. First (and only) time this week. Tomorrow I have a half day because DD comes home!

LC Runs

The office luncheon was fun, I do work with a great group of people, would be nice if that's all we had to deal with and not the other offices and administration (it's still WAY better than last job).

Marjorie - yes, they're paid days off.  Most of the longer term people are taking the full two weeks and using their days for the 22, 23rd and 2nd.  It's because our agency also runs Headstart and they are closed during that time.  Too bad we can't get summers off, too lol!