Womens Running

May Day Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 30 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Had one of those runs where I tried to run slower but couldn't, so I just rolled with it. 6 miles in 1:01:04, my 10k PR is 59:01. It was on an empty stomach and I had tons of gas left in the tank.

TR: I think he's having separation anxiety at night. Gazillions of wakeups last night. Made him CIO from like 4-4:30, he got completely hysterical, so I told dh to just open his door and tell him to go to sleep, and he did. He doesn't want out or anything, just wants to know we didn't abandon him in the night. So weird.  Is finally nice to the girl in the wheelchair and even says her name now - Rachel is ChayCho.

FR: Homemade hamburgers, veggie, salad, Pork N Beans for DH. Not sure about tonight. Maybe something on the lines of chicken pot pie filling over mashed potatoes.

NRR: Follow up ultrasound this morning to see what's going on with my cysts. Nuvaring never got shipped by the mail order pharmacy (apparently an address change rocks their world) so I'm stuck taking my old BC for another month.  Meeting with the bank this afternoon to go over the disparity between appraisal and the builder's quote (appx $4k).

NRR2- DH booked us a weekend away at a super nice resort suite in Chelan next weekend- looking forward to it. Its low season up there so it should be pretty quiet, but it should also be really pretty with all the orchards blooming.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RR: Going to get some miles in at lunch today since my neighbor is taking the dog out at lunch.  I'm such a running bad ass in my head, time to make that a reality!  Fell asleep reading training plans last night.  I think the hardest part of  the training will be scheduling  the time not necessarily the actual running.

RG: man those are some fast times!

zorbs: you'll look super tough with your bruises.

ernie: I love that the car windows are held up by spoons.

jen: school pictures are crazy expensive and generally not the best pics. i paid $15 for one page, just as a 'this was you then' pic.

Strollerm: Yay for a letter and a gift! I love that he wants to know the Broncos details.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I'd get my massage 2 days after the race, personally. Have fun with your mom.

zorbs- I forgot about my bruise and wore a skirt and clients kept commenting on it at work. Maybe you could use that Sally Hansens spray on nylons/makeup stuff to cover it up?

Ernie- Glad  your car is being de-ghettoed by FIL. LOL at S being an attention hoor at the library.

cx2- thank gawd DH doesn't like sports. I think it would be grounds for divorce in my house.

Jen- good job cooking!  That's crazy expensive for pictures. Maybe when I get a little better, I can go do pictures at R's daycare and give them to the parents for free/cost. DH hasn't exercised in 3-4 days because his sinuses have been so bad.

mzm- your fr sounds delish.

DS is up, bbl

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Wow! Can't wait to see how you do in your marathon!! I'd get the massage 3-5 days before the race, I'd probably do a trial massage a couple weeks before just to see if you like the MT, I find that finding a good MT that I like pretty difficult and very personal.

zorbs - lol on the bruises, you'll look hard core - just make up some bad ass story about a fight, and they should see the other guy Smile

ernie - Our wednesdays are similar, I usually do ST'ing (skipping this week to give my legs a rest) and then 8k w/ RP, but we don't bring any strollers. YAY for getting the ghetto car fixed!

k O finally woke up, I'll post more later....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Selfish post from me.  Dad is in surgery so I am on FB keeping my mom and little sister company.  Overslept this morning and my shoes are still wet from Nashville.  Boo.

Erniegirl

cx2 - Hope your knee feels better after a rest day! Boo, this must be wake up early day for babies. S was up at 6 this morning, which is WAY early for her, especially since she went to bed at 9:30 pm. She hasn't taken a morning nap since she was 7 mos old, so I am expecting her to turn into a tired mess anytime now.

Jen - I would take boot camp again, as I found it really fun and and good workout, but the instructor normally only teaches it weekday evenings when DH is at work, so I have no one to watch S, or Saturday mornings while I am usually doing my long run. Wow, it is warm there today! Hopefully the 40F forecast they are giving you for next week ends up being wrong. Glad the school pictures were cute but that is expensive! I guess they know everyone will buy them no matter what they charge. Lol, congrats on your cooking feat!

Mrszm - I take it you are back to running with RP, did you even find out what her deal was with ditching you before? How far away does your sister live? Mine is an hour away. I would love it if she would move to my town but it is just too boonies for them. Your FR from yesterday and today both sound yummy!

Dexy - I agree that actually doing the running seems easy in comparison to scheduling the runs sometimes!

Spike - I think it's safe to say you are going to smash your 10k PR the next time you race! Which probably means you'd take some time off your 5k PR as well. Resort weekend with DH sounds great!

Mer - I am trying to combat runners sock tan line by wearing flip flops the rest of the day. Ew to rooming with your boss. That just seems too close for comfort. Hope you can get your berry chiller today!

Stroller - Ewww, snow on May 1st? How rude! Your DH sounds like such a sweetie, no wonder you miss him so much! And for the record, I don't think you sound like a negative nellie at all. I see your point about the running schedule helping you get through this time - training for you hm might be a good happy medium. You can still follow a plan, but not so much mileage it becomes stressful to fit it in.

Bermy - Hope all goes well with bermy2 and DS today! I used to be a GMAT instructor, so if your DH has any questions you can fire them off to me! I hope I don't embarrass myself now that I've made that offer - it's been a couple of years since I taught.

CA - I think 50k of easy miles is just fine this week. So funny about tricking M with the flax. Apparently dreams about teeth are very significant in dream analysis. I have no recollection of what it's supposed to mean, though.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- I tried shopping the maternity clothes at JcPenney's, and I think their mat clothes are designed for obese people- same problem and totally unflattering.

mer/jen- the telling R what's going to happen ahead of time has helped us, especially with bedtime. Ie- we can play with toys/read a book for 5 minutes, then its bedtime. Wow, you picked a great book to read before you go to bed!

mzm/cx2- I love New Girl too!

strollermama- that is nice that your parents work from home and can help you out. Yay for the letter and pans from DH. I love practical gifts. Appraisal is only $4k low, so I think its something we can deal with easily. I was panicking thinking it was like $30k or something.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

update: the bruises look nowhere near as bad as they feel.

ernie - lmao on the squats, I love watching toddlers perform perfect squats.

cx2 - dare I ask how you know today is Bugs Bunny's bday?

jen - everything has been about the marathon and NOT SIL's wedding.  I'm sure the Scotts are all pissed at me, but I know what my priorities are.

mrszm - whoa, I've never heard of blisters from Crocs! I misread your RR as you took off your bra and ran in your shirt. :P

mer - omg, rooming with the boss is so freaky! I'd make up something, "I snore like a pack of rhinos" or SOMETHING to get out of it.  Can you pay extra and get your own room? I tan really easily and my lower leg is pale, from wearing calf sleeves a lot.

stroller - well any purple bruises will coordinate with the purple flowers on my dress :P

rg - nope, she was a no show, so she is GONE from my schedule.

bermy - I want to say yes to a bermy tote bag but I have tons already. I would never be as motivated as you to learn to sew but sometimes if things get a hole, I wish I had a machine to fix it up.

CA - lol on the food fooling.  My DH is convinced that he is deathly allergic to shellfish (I don't think he is) and I made my chicken rice with these chinese dried scallops in it and he ate a ton and said that I made it particularly yummy that day.

spike - chicken pot pie filling + mashed is exactly what my Tuesday pie is.  Except that is potatoes over pie filling. woohoo on your fast run.  Usually that happens to me when I'm trying to keep things slow, like on recovery run Sundays.

dexy - do you run in the mornings? I feel like, I can't get up any earlier to run 5K but if I have 10 miles on the schedule, and a limited amount of time to do it, I tend to procrastinate a bit less on those mornings, and getting up an hour earlier isn't that big of a deal.

becky - hope things go well with your dad.  have you done the newspaper in shoes thing? and then prop the shoes up in front of a vent?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

CTimes – Sorry C was up so early…J’s daycare does the 1 nap from 12-2 and he adjusted just fine.  In the beginning he would start to doze off so they would lay him in a corner or bring him into another room to let him snooze but that only lasted about a week and he adjusted just fine.

Mrszm – Glad you had a lot of fun with your sister last night.  LOL to DDs dressing a like today.  At least they get a long.  Poor C and his bloody blister.  I put sandals on J for today and DH and I are both worried that he’ll have bloody ankles.

Mer – Sorry J woke up so early today but glad he fell back to sleep.  Glad you have more maternity stuff to choose from.  Hope you get your cherry berry chiller…it will be a nice way to cool off after your run!  Yeah we always tell J that we are going in X number of minutes and he knows…he just doesn’t care.

Stroller – Glad you got a nice run in yesterday.  Too sweet about DH and sending you a card and Mother’s Day gift.  He really thought of a lot before he left and obviously you are always on his mind  Too funny that he wants to know who the Broncos drafted…typical guyJ  Glad H is still in good spirits but poor little man in the diarrhea and not eating.  Oh…and yes, the casserole was easy and delicious…left overs tonight.

Bermy – Glad you got a nice walk in with RP and made a plan for speedwork…speedwork is much more bearable with someone else.  I am sure DS will adjust to bermy2 with time.  He just hasn’t ever been away from you so this is new to him.  He is such a cutie from the picture I saw on FB.  Sounds like your DH is a super smart guy.  That is so nice about the MBA program.  Do they not require a Bachelor’s Degree first?  Glad DS slept a longer stretch for you last night.

CA – Glad you got your legs moving yesterday and they are feeling better.  LOL to M wanting some flax in her yogurt.  Glad O got some good sleep in today.  I hope MIL can find a condo she likes and can occupy when she wants to.

Spike – Nice job on the run yesterday!  Love days when you just have a good run.  Too cute about R and ChayCho!  Sorry about the sleep issues…hopefully it is a phase that will pass quickly.  How awesome about your weekend get-a-way with DH.  Wish mine would do something nice like that.  I hope your cysts are shrinking.

Dexy – What are you going to train for?  I love the excitement of planning a training program.  I hope you can find the time to fit it all in.

Becky – Sorry for no run today.  I hope your dad’s surgery goes well.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Which tote are you going to make? Can you get an MBA if you don't have a bachelor's degree? It sounds like your DH is one of those people that is successful without education! I hope Bermy2 and DS get on well so you can get a break. I had a question I was going to ask you but I totally blanked...... Maybe I will remember later.

CA- I usually need more time to recover mentally than physically from a race. LOL at the extra yummies.

Dexy- I've been flying by the seat of my pants for the last 6-7 mos, so I need to figure out a plan. I'm kind of type A once I set a plan so missing runs and stuff really pisses me off. I'm not sure if I will follow an actual plan, I might just set a weekly mileage goal and long run goal and see how I do from there. This week and last week I have things popping up keeping me from running 5 days a week, so I'm packing all my miles into 4, and I honestly think my running is improving.

Becky- We have a Peet brand boot dryer and that thing is the bomb.

Zorbs- I'm thinking I'll do the potatoes separate that way we can decide how starchy we want our dinners.

Jen- let me tell you, this weekend away thing is a first despite us being in a relationship almost 12 years. Any other trip we have ever done was planned by me.

armmama

good morning!!

RR - just finished a 4 mile run with DH, my first since the half last weekend.  Felt pretty good although it's raining!  So now I have 2 pairs of wet shoes, since my shoes from the race are still damp.

BR - I was so happy to see him yesterday and he seemed excited to see me!  He's been in a great mood since I got home last night.

KR - they gave me a hug last night when I got home and then went off to do their thing.  guess they could care less I'm home?  Hmm..

FR - picked up Mexican last night and have lots of leftovers so I'm thinking that'll be dinner unless DH is motivated to figure something else out

NRR - trip to Vegas was quick but long enough!  I did a good job of pacing myself at the bachelorette party so I didn't feel too bad the next day but I couldn't sleep so I was tired.  The penis cookies I brought were a hit. Smile  Felt great to sleep in my own bed last night!

NRR2 - DH's last day of work here was yesterday so he's home the next few days until he flies to Minnesota Sunday.  After the girls left for school he and I and L took MIL to breakfast and then to the airport.  She will be back in 2 weeks so I can go house hunt.  We are running our poor mothers ragged!  Hopefully that'll slow down once we move and get settled.

I need to get some things done around the house while L is at MMO, BBL for personals

superspike113

Honorary Old

I'm so pissed. I showed up for my U/S appt for my cysts and they informed me that they don't know why they scheduled me today, they don't have an U/S tech on Wednesdays. Last year our town voted in a huge bond issue to remodel the hospital (I voted against it), I don't know why anyone would want to give that hospital any more money, they are absolutely incompetent. I have yet to hear a good thing from anyone who has been treated there. I drive 30 minutes to go to the doctor because the healthcare in my town is crap. So I drove across town and took time off work for nothing, and because of my schedule, I can't do it until next week.

strollermama

spike - Ugh sorry, That really sucks!  What an inconvienence.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runnergirl9508

Spike- boo! That's awful Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

spike - ugh that's annoying... sorry...

zorbs - my mom loves bugs bunny (she learned a lot of her english by watching cartoons) but i saw it on the news this morning..