Womens Running

Full Week MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ew. Back to 5 day work week.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.1 for me. I did 5x .30/.20 rest. Heading to abs tonight.

Great run! 63 degrees and dewpoint was in the 50's - SAY WHAT! It felt amazing out there this morning. Threw in some speed work to keep my legs challenged Wink Will probably switch my Wednesday "longer" mid-week run to tomorrow. Tomorrow morning will be in the 50's. Humidity and crap heat come back Wednesday.

I have one more travel day left and then I should be done with these inspections. Hoping to get that done tomorrow. Sucks because I have already been to this area, but didn't know this site was mine. 2+ hour drive to do one inspection on a site that is closing in July. Thats annoying. Oh well. But after that, traveling should die down a bit. I have some sites I would like to visit again just to check on some things, but I can spread that out.

Already looking forward to the weekend!

Docket – Nice treadmill run! I bet that felt great 😊

Happy Monday! I have a lot of work to do already. Ugh.

Seloc

Man, I was thinking that, too, about a full week.  Ugh.  Especially since the weather here all week is forecast to be down right phenomenal.  Pretty sure EVERYONE would like it it's so darn good.  It's the one week of the year that makes it worth living here.  Wish I had the week off work!  Though I very much took advantage of it this weekend.  Lots of reading on the patio.  Couple decent runs.  A little over 8 on Saturday and just under 7 yesterday.  Today is typically a rest day but it's going to be so nice I might get out there later.  Especially since I got into the malted milk balls yesterday.    Planning on a new class tomorrow - RIPPED.  I think it's a strength/cardio combo.  If I really like it, I think I'm going to drop my TRX/Bells class on Friday.  I've never liked that it's on Fridays since I'm always a sore running on Saturdays.

Damaris - hope you hear something today!!  I LOVE that hat you posted on Friday.  I LOVE Head Sweats!  Really nice to see your running coming back, too.

Karen - you squatter you!  Hooray for new sign up for your club.  Word is OUT about the awesome coach!  You are doing SUCH great things with your club.  Color me impressed    Hobby Lobby scares me.  Brings back memories of my mom dragging us through the fabric stores.  When we were super young she used to make our clothes.  You would THINK TCM would be easy logistically but, as a single person on a point to point course, with nobody to drop me off/pick me up, it's a bit of a challenge.  Though I might have figured out how to do it - park near the finish (I should be able to find something on the street since it's a Sunday) and take the green line to the start.  My friend that talked about PDX is still healing a broken foot (oh!  the tall one you guys met) plus, not sure we want to descend upon the newlyweds so soon.  With you and Lizzie BOTH considering MKE next year maybe I crash that party.  So, still pondering but leaning towards TCM I guess is the bottom line haha

Laura - glad the job has settled down and is manageable for now.  Congrats on the 10K!  You are so consistently speedy.  I like the mug.  Geo-caching sounds interesting for sure.  Hey, any reason to be outside when your face doesn't freeze off is good enough for me.

Lisa - sounds like a good opportunity on the condo but not if you do not like the location.  LOL I laughed out loud at Turkey meowing outside the shower.  haha.  She loves her mama!!

Lizzie - glad you had a nice time at the beach!  You two are just adorable.  I thought of you when I heard about the shooting.  Hope you weren't near that at all!  Wow, look at you planning next years trips!  Hope Ann can help you guys out.

HCK - congrats on the 5K!  I'm afraid to run one of those - they hurt LOL

Kat - glad the feet are feeling better.  Woohoo on new shoes!  noon-8 does sound much better to me but what about you?  As for books - oh boy, so many.  The David Goggins book is really good.  I'm currently reading The Innocent Wife (either Cathy or Karen suggested) and it's okay.  Karen just mentioned My Lovely Wife which I put on request.  I really enjoyed Michelle Obama's book - Becoming.  A few others: An Anonymous Girl, The Night Olivia Fell, The Marriage Pact (very strange haha), The Couple Next Door, An Unwanted Guest.  That should keep you busy for awhile.  Thank goodness for the "history" list on the library site or I would not remember any of these LOL

Sue - a group ride sounds fun!  And your pool sounds lovely.  That's great the kids all come over to use it as well.  Awwww glad the little man grandson is doing well!!

Carol - congrats on the 5K and AG win!  That's speedy!  Love the mug.  Love that you and Laura get to see each other!  How is the body feeling?  Besides tired which is normal. Taper time!!  What books have you been reading?

Margaret - congrats on the 100K!!  Oh man, you guys impress the heck outa me.  A bear??  Um, no thanks.  I saw a coyote yesterday off the running path and wasn't a fan of that.  Hope you are recovering well.

Oh, and I did make it to the LRS on Saturday.  Stuck with the Asics.  The Brooks were way too clunky.  I never trust a new version of the same model which is why I ventured to the store.  Hope this week goes fast.  Have a good Monday, all!

SO---how many times can you spill coffee driving to work??? Two good spills thanks to Skye. Luckily, I didn't get nay on my clothes.  Will have to mop out the truck (not really) thankfully it is leather, not cloth and coffee is mostly on the console. Sheesh! AND I had to wait for the train. Ugh

Body pump kicked my ass....usually I can hang for all the squats but not today. New instructor, new routine.

Sandy & Lizzie--enjoy that nice weather.

Taking the truck for a new windshield.  The shop is next to the place where the knitting group meets.  Smile

Have a great Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am in Broward today to do meetings of creditors.  In fact, I won't be in the office until next Tuesday (unless I have court, yay).  I have 5 tonight.  I am also off Friday (my normal Friday off) and I took Monday off so I'm pretty happy with myself. 

Told my boss about the interviews and he was cool about it. His only comment is that the regional boss in Indy is super OCD but she is our new regional boss so it wouldn't be a huge change, KWIM?

Liz, ugh. I hate Mondays.

Sandy, doubt I'll hear today but SOON.

Susan, ugh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I finally feel back on track...finished with 15 on Sunday and a total of 34 miles.  I signed up for a night 50k on an asphalt path in Wichita July 26th to practice night walking and the asphalt in prep for my 24 hour event labor day weekend.  Today is a rest day.

Hope this week brings good news Damaris.

Congratulations Margaret on your 100k.

Anonymous Guest

8 slooooow and easy miles for me this morning. Hot and humid here. Apparently there is a tropical depression forming in the gulf and probably bringing us rain midweek, but for now it's just hot and super humid here. Just lots of chores and stuff here today. Meeting with the spin place later this afternoon. Oh, and I have to call and see if there's room in a free CPR class I found next week. Need it to keep my coaching certification up to date and I think mine expires end of this month.

Kathryn, if you like historical fiction, I really liked The Huntress. I always recommend A Man Called Ove (if you haven't read it), Beartown, and anything by Fredrik Backman. I liked Meb's latest book 26 Marathons. Anything by Lisa Scottoline, Harlen Coben, Lee Child, David Baldacci. I apparently really liked The Keeper of Lost Things recently as I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads and I'm usually pretty stingy with that fifth star.

Margaret, huge huge congrats to you on the 100K. You don't take the easy way to the distance, that's for sure.

Liz, ENJOY that weather for me. Won't be seeing that here until November.

Sandy, you also enjoy that weather. Ooooh, let me know how you liked the RIPPED class. My Y offers that and I forget the day/time, but I was thinking about giving it a try because the timing was good.

Gotta go fold the laundry and put the next load in.....back later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Thanks Sandy/Karen for the book recommendations.  I actually took a pic of them so I don't have to ask again!!

No walk today, I actually need to hurry and get to work early.  I love one tech, but DAMN, he sucks as a room tech and I just can't put up with his laziness.  When I gently asked him to do a room, I got major attitude and he got nasty/vindictive.  NOT ok.

And then there is my lawn, oh boy...  Need to mow.

And then there is Jury Duty on Thursday.  UGH.

K

ps, good luck Damaris, I anxiously await the news!!!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  It's the kids last week of school, kind of.  They added on next Monday because of the snow days this year.  As you can imagine, a lot will be learned by adding on a Monday...     Busy weekend, started DD's 10K training on Saturday morning.  I waited until 9:00 AM to run (late for me!) so I would not have to wake her up too early.  We ran 2 miles, the weather started looking iffy, thunder and lightning, so I went home with her and finished up my run with 4 miles on the TM.  A little over 10 yesterday, low 60's at the end of my run and it felt really nice!  Had a nice outing with the kids yesterday, took them to the mall and to the park.  DH was working on getting the yard to look nice for DD's party on Saturday.  

Liz, nice running!  It sounds like you had an awesome weekend!  Alaska sounds amazing!  The weekend weather was perfect, 80 on Friday (my rest day) and cooling down for my long run.    It was upper 40's this morning!  Very cool for June.  I did sign up for Gopher to Badger.  Then my talkative RB pressured me into signing up for the Milwaukee Marathon next April.  I have a feeling that I will regret that.    They had a discount, so it was $50 for the marathon.  His thinking was that it is still a good deal if we drop down to the half.  I may be OK as long as Sandy doesn't sign up for a spring marathon...  

Sandy, I hope you can sneak out of work or WFH a few days this week!    The weather has been nice, aside from the rain.  RIPPED, eh?  I like how it's in caps.    You will be ripped!    They do not provide shuttles for TCM?  I suppose it is a larger race so the logistics are more difficult.  I signed up for Gopher to Badger!  I will take you up on your offer, if you have the space.    It would be fun to hang out with you and Liz!  I will drive, head out fairly early and arrive Friday afternoonish.  I am not planning on working though.    Sounds like we may have a Milwaukee FE next year!

Sue, you did not have a good start to your morning!    Aww, glad that Cameron is healthy!

Damaris, nice that you have a short weekend and a long weekend coming up!  Crossing fingers for you!  Nice 10 this weekend!  Glad you had a great run!

Diane, nice mileage!  Glad that you feel back on track.

Karen, nice miles lately!  I put My Lovely Wife on hold, I am number 76.    Cool that you got a new registration!   Haha, I have an issue with my entire family not putting laundry in the hamper.  DH now does his own laundry since he has to do his work clothes regularly.  The kids have a habit of leaving dirty clothes laying in their room and throwing it all in at once, so all of a sudden I have about 3 loads to do...

Kat, I have also read all those books that Sandy mentioned.    I am currently reading Best Friends Forever, by Margot Hunt.  It is good so far.  That does not sounds like a good tech to work with! 

Kupcakes, good job on the 5K!

Laura, congrats on the AG win!  Nice mug!  

Carol, awesome time for your 5K!  That is a good face.    That's how I usually feel after a 5K.  

Cathy

Seloc

Sue - bummer on the coffee spillage!  Nice job getting to Body Pump.

Damaris - woot for short week next two weeks AND avoiding the office!!  Glad your boss was cool with your news.  Hope you hear very soon!!

Diane - glad you are feeling better.  Sounds like a good prep race for sure.

Karen - yikes on the tropical depression lurking.  I just heard that hurricane season is officially underway.  Let's hope nothing major this year!!  Nice job on 8 in the H and H.  Sounds brutal.  Good luck with your meeting later!!  Oh!!  I thought of you yesterday and had a hamburger pizza with pickles.  Pretty tasty!!  I was starving.

Kat - ugh, that tech sounds frustrating.  In similar situation, I find it helps to first stroke the male ego.  GROSS, I know, but I have found success that way, no joke.  Jury Duty?!  I'm oddly jealous.  I've only been called once and it was when I was in college with no way to get there (perm address was my parents in different county) so I got out of it.  Although, people tell me I would be annoyed trying to work with the general population type hahahaha.  I still think it would be interesting!

Cathy - OMG your post was cracking me UP!!  hahahaha.  I AM NOT signing up for a spring marathon so you should be golden!!    That is an AWESOME deal even for a half so I think you made the right choice.    I've decided I'm going to stay here for the winter - too expensive to try to move - so I have to come up with some coping mechanisms.  That do NOT involve alcohol   I think not stressing about a race will be one of them.  And, like I said last year but was WRONG, we can't have yet ANOTHER horrible winter, right??  Yeah, I think RIPPED stands for something but I'm not sure what.  I'll report back tomorrow.  As for TCM - there is a shuttle from a hotel DT but I'm not sure about parking around there.  It is challenging for drop-off for SURE and would not ask anyone to do that.  I would love, however, to find someone to pick me up and drive me to my car after.  We shall see.  I am definitely leaning that way.  Especially since 2020 could be an epic FE in MKE!!  YASSSSSSSSSSSSS for signing up for Gopher to Badger!!  WOOHOO!!  Yep, I've got space - you can have Karen's room.    Sorry Karen! haha  Bummer my library only has the audio book version of Best Friends Forever.

Off to walk outside for some natural Vitamin D!!!

Seloc

Found it!  RIPPED = Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance  Should be fun!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Found it!  RIPPED = Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance  Should be fun!!

Yes, that sounds like FUN!  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Awesome weekend for you! And great running! 😊 Malt balls, huh? Yum. OOO Ripped sounds like a good class! Sort of like our “Active”. Kinda like a boot camp class. We were not close to the shooting – but HCF used to do a lot of work there when he had to work at the beach last year. Its crazy. I am all about planning trips early so I can start paying them off!! 😊 A coyote?! I wouldn’t think they would be in MN. Shows how much I know. Yay for new shoes! Hamburger pizza?!?! That sounds really good. I took Ruger for a nice long lunch time walk in order to get some sun! Love this weather when there isn’t any humidity! Must have been a good walk because Ruger is snoring away right now 😊

Susan – Nice job on the body pump class! I love when I have a different instructor since the routine is different ☹ Sorry about the coffee spill – I guess the good news is that you didn’t get any on your clothes! I have to get a new windshield put on my car this Friday! Wish they came to me but nope.

Docket – YAY for long weekend coming up. Hoping you will be spending that weekend CELEBRATING. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Diane – Glad you are feeling somewhat back to normal! Oh, a night run. Interesting.

Karen – Nice job on the 8! Did not know that about the tropical depression. Ugh, its starting. Good luck with the meeting today!

Kathryn – Good luck at work. Laziness is my pet peeve..BIG TIME. Jury Duty?! YUCK!!

Cathy – Aw, a great weekend for you! DD is so cute. I love how she is starting training when you are 😊 Nice runs this weekend! Yay for all the race signups! Milwaukee Marathon, huh?! Do people trust it yet? 😊 I think it’s a good idea that they moved that one to Spring. That way it doesn’t get in the way of the Lakefront one. And dang, $50 for a marathon is a STEAL. WOOT WOOT party at Sandy’s house!!!!! 😊 😊 Super excited!

I am afraid to say that I am actually a bit slow this afternoon..now shit will hit the fan Wink

Have a good afternoon everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was 45 running on the TM, then 5 minute walk and 25 minutes spinning…slowly.

Saturday was SDO but I helped with yard work.

Sunday Buddy and I did a light easy 45 minutes out the trail.

Today I did the same thing as Friday. Running speed was better though.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, ladies!  Today, they asked me if I had another name to submit because one was a trustee and they thought that might look like a conflict of interest since we monitor them (even though I do not).  So, I sent another from an attorney who has had some cases with me but is now my friend and we have not had a case in 3 years, so that should be good to go.

I was googling more about Vit D deficiency and there are studies that show a deficiency might make asthma symptoms worse or more common.  I was doing very bad breathingwise from January through June.  Hmmm, 

Diane, go get that 50K!

Karen, great job on the 8.

Kathryn, I don't get when people give attitude.  It's literally their JOB.

Cathy, ugh at the extra learning on a MOANDAY.

Sandy, go get some Vit D!

Judy, nice workouts!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page