Womens Running

Happy Birthday Armmama- Thursday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

Happy Birthday Arm! Hope you have a great day today!

RR: crunch and run class this morning, really hoping I get a few more people to start coming soon. Planning for somewhere in the 6-8 mile range today again.

TR: no nap yesterday, but he was really good and didn't melt down the way he usually does when he skips his nap. he was content to play inside most of the afternoon, but man was it a loooooong one!

NRR: grocery shopping and a little bit of last minute cleaning before the in-laws return today. Sad  I'm so over having company right now, it's not funny. more IL drama last night- DH's dad text him and said that MIL's sisters (DH's aunts) invited themselves to the birthday party for our nephew on Sunday and that they are coming to our house on Friday to spend two days with us. WTF. Why would you think you can just show up at someone's house unannounced and stay for two days?! we already for MIL/FIL in the guest BR, so that would mean DH and I would end up on the floor somewhere. awesome.

NRR2: we adopted two cats! a brother/sister pair from my old coworker. she's having a baby in a couple of weeks and they're short on space. the male cat is really sweet, the female went into hiding last night as soon as she got here and we haven't seen her sicne. lol

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - I have 9K, 6x800 on the plan but I'm still not in the mood for running fast after the race, I ran fairly fast for my standards yesterday and this heat/humidity is sucking my will to live so I'm just going to do some fartlek and get the mileage in.

TR - has this book about animals in Tanzania; on the back cover there's a giraffe.  "Giraffe SO SAD." "why?" "one giraffe-ses, he so sleepy."

FR - frozen pizza, salad

NRR - I am actually tired from holding in my farts, I ate a lethal amount of kale yesterday (yes eh the WF salad bar was already open), my house still smells like assholes and if I had farted freely, I think DH would have suffocated by now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - you have a dog as well? how are the cats and the dog getting along so far?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - got in just over 8 yesterday.  I  did 4 ish on my own and 4 w. Zorbs.  I pushed the pace a bit at the beginning - not smart!  A few hours later I was carrying a grown man up a flight of stairs on a board.  My legs were a little weak after the run and after extricating the man they were jello!

NRR - back to work today.

KR - DS apparently threw up when he came home from school yesterday.  DH said he ate a full dinner though.  He seems okay this morning.

rg - ugghh on the company, so rude!  Two cats, you are brave!  How old are they?  Hope DS takes an extra long nap to make up for yesterday!

zorbs - I think I am going to try the WF salad bar today!  How did you like the smoothie?  It was a good deal!  So sweet about DS.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - ST/Core

TR - had another evening meltdown but we expected it.  Stopped crying long enough to eat dinner with us.  We put her to bed without going through reading to her and she conked out right away (thanks to those who suggested she was probably tired from the excitement of daycare, b/c she was obviously more tired than usual).  Was up early again today but I left the house before she could see me.

NRR - was hoping the congestion and dry throat were due to allergies but I'm pretty sure it's a sinus infection... again... I've lost track of how many I've had in the past 12 months... 4 or 5 maybe...

rg - i think it's wrong to self-invite, even if it's family... can you fit all those guests in your house??  Hope you get lots of ppl in your class today!

zorbs - at least you're courteous about holding your farts in .... i think most men would just let 'em rip no matter what... no whole foods in our area, although I wish we had one...

eh - nice job on the run!  hope your first day back at work goes well.

Erniegirl

ER - ST + core. Yesterday I ran 6.8 km at 11 am and it was so hot and so hard! It was all I could do to make it up the one big hill on my route. Things are supposed to cool way down tomorrow, so that may have been my last extremely hot weather run of the year.

TR - Does not quite understand that she can't just take whatever she wants at the grocery store, and has a deceptively long reach. I am always having to rifle through my bag at the cash to make sure she hasn't stolen anything and hid it in there.

FR - Chicken thighs, fingerling potatoes and purple carrots. Whether I do them on the BBQ or in the oven depends on whether the thunderstorms have started by dinner time.

NRR - S woke me up way too early with an extremely loud symphony of animal sounds. Then she insisted on going to see DH, who is still banished to the basement bedroom with his man cold. She has been back to sleep since 6, but I couldn't fall asleep again, so I'm in my office, chugging coffee and taking the opportunity to get a bit of extra work done. Planning to take her to the community centre to play this morning and then the farm this afternoon.

~~~~~

Happy birthday Arm! The stuffed peppers you described yesterday sound really good.

Bermy - Nice work on the track workout yesterday. Don't know how you manage it in the heat!

zorbs - B's assessment of the giraffe makes sense to me - being sleepy makes me sad, too! Omg, ha ha ha on the kale farts. I think I'm thankful that I don't like kale enough to have eaten myself into a gas problem of that magnitude.

rg - A no nap afternoon would drag on forever! On days like that, I'm sure DH's new hours are extra nice so he can come home and give you a break in the evening. Grr on the ILs. I'm actually usually fine with random drop ins, but t ILs staying for another weekend, with more people in tow, when they've already been there the past two weekends AND you would have to sleep on the floor? That makes me angry just thinking about it!

eh - you got a bonus ST session yesterday by carrying that man up the stairs! SRD today? I'm sure your legs need it! Isn't it weird how kids can randomly puke and then be perfectly fine?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

My sitter slept in, so I am still at home.  I will be late for work.  I hate being late for work!

cx2 - glad C fell right to sleep yesterday!  Hopefully the earlier bedtime will help and she will adjust to the busier days soon

ernie - gah!!  Hot day to run yesterday, especially up a big hill!  Have fun today.  I would like to come to the farm with you too!

arm - Happy Birthday!

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  XC meet #2.

TR:At 6:20am we hear..."Mama Dada J all done sleeping.  Mama bring you up."  Luckily DH had to get to work so we got him up.  Was nice to spend a little time with him this morning.  He is definitely the type that needs a little time to wake up!

NRR:  Still no sub.  I am starting to get nervous....  My right ear has been ringing on and off the past couple days.  It is so bad I can't hear DH talking to me and I am always saying, what?  It happens the most after a sleepless night.

FR:  DH made me a grilled ham and cheese when I got home last night.  Either it was really good or I was really hungry.  It quickly disappeared.  OH!  And I sent him to the grocery store at 8:50 to get me vanilla ice cream so I could have a "dreamcicle".  He got himself some ice cream too!

BBL

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Arm - happy birthday!

ernie - grocery shopping has become a 2 person job, or we have to leave C at home... she will not sit in the cart more than 2 minutes at a time... maybe you'll get a nap in before the farm visit?

mer - aww, great DH!  If i sent DH to get me ice cream he'd probably eat it all on the way home.. ha..

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I have puked randomly from something irritating my stomach and as soon as I was done, felt completely fine.  I did like the smoothie - not enough to pay full price for it though!  thankfully when I read the nutrition info on the website, I didn't choose a smoothie that had 800 calories, it tasted like it.

cx2 - I'm holding my farts in because *I* don't want to smell them!

ernie - there's been a couple times when B klepto-d stuff at the grocery store and got so far as to put it on the belt too.  Once I think it was a pair of Joe Fresh girl's pants.

mer - who is in charge of finding a sub? do you have to wait for someone on a sub list is free? or for your principal to get off their ass and do it?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

armmama

thanks for the birthday wishes!

may be a selfish post for me today, unless I have some time this afternoon

RR - SRD

BR - taking him to the zoo today so he will hopefully be happy which in turn will make ME happy on my birthday Smile  Meeting my friend there too so I'm looking forward to it.

KR - DD1 wrote a speech to read to her class about why she wants to be on Kids Council.   Cute.  She did NOT get that from me, I never had any desire to do that sort of thing.

FR - going out!  Can't decide where.    My only requirements are that it's a place I normally wouldn't take my kids and it has something on the menu besides greasy bar food.

NRR - babysitter coming tonight for kids and my parents are coming to take me, DH and my brother out.  It's sort of a b-day dinner for my brother too since it was his birthday 2 weeks ago so maybe I'll let him pick the dinner spot and then I get to pick the ice cream spot afterwards.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Decided to stick to my usual schedule of W,Th,F,S,S rather than having to change my alarms and crap.

TR: Had his allergist appt- he thinks that its allergy triggered and wants us to continue the singulair until the month supply runs out then use Zyrtec til November as needed.  R barely napped yesterday and played with his godmother, so he asked me to put him to bed at 7:25.

FR: Chicken and rice last night. Need to defrost something for tonight.

NRR: I'm so bloated, I look pregnant. Between the gluten and AF, I feel super fat right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- The relatives inviting themselves is bullshit. How old are the cats? And what does your dog think of them? I am so not a cat person. If R ever wants one, I'm going to have to crush his dreams.

zorbs- Weird that kale affects you so. I ate that kale salad I made last night, and zero toots. I think it would be better with baby kale- the red/dinosaur kale I used was a tad tough even after 24 hours in the fridge in viniagrette. And no, I'm not willing to lovingly massage my salad.

eh!- Oh man, glad you were able to carry the guy without your legs giving out!

cx2- Do you have allergies? I use to get minimum 2-3 sinus infections a year, and I'm down to 1 ish now after doing immunotherapy and taking 2 daily allergy prescriptions.

armama- happy birthday! Enjoy the zoo! Go out for Sushi or some kind of spicy asian food.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: had a really great run w/ the class today, i'm so proud of the ladies who are coming! we made it 2.65 miles today, with fewer and shorter walk breaks. I ran afterwards for a total of 8.75miles for the day.

zorbs- bwahahaha about the kale farts. yes, we have a beagle and she's so mild mannered that she loves the cats. R is absolutely enthralled too. good call on the change of running plans today.

reh: nice run yesterday. wow, hope that man is ok! ew on DS getting sick, but glad he's feeling better today. the cats are three years old, so not crazy kittens anymore, but not on death's doorstep either.

Cx2- oh no on the sinus infection! I hope you can kick it soon. the only one I've ever had was when R was about 5 months old and I was worried to take anything that would pass thru my milk to him. not fun. yay for C going down to bed easier for you- I hope it's a new trend. the guests will fit if DH and I give up our bedroom and sleep all ghetto style on R's bedroom floor.

Ernie- I love that you have a farm close by to take S to, that sounds like so much fun! lol on her reach at the grocery store- R does the same thing when we go thru the produce section, just grabs and stuffs into the bags. One day he had grabbed a Luna bar off the shelf while I was putting the groceries on the belt to pay, and by the time I realized it, he had ripped it open and chowed down half of it! at least it was one of those and not a candy bar! I hear ya on the heat- tomorrow's high is supposed to be about 40* cooler than it was on Tuesday. so done with summer weather!

Mer- is that the second xc meet this week? good luck to your kids today. wow, I can't believe they dont' have a sub for you yet! my cousin works as a sub and last school year she ended up working every day! yay for ice cream. aw, cute wake up from J- better than screaming, right?!

Amr- sounds like a fun day planned for your bday! enjoy your trip to the zoo, I need to take R, I know he'd love it. have a great dinner out later, too!

spike- boo, I hope the bloated feeling passes soon. wow, nice of R to ask to go to bed! the cats are 3 years old, and our dog (a beagle) loves them. she's really mellow, so that helps! glad that R's allergy apt gave you some answers!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

arm - happy birthday! I agree 100% that a bday dinner without kids has to be a more adult restaurant!

spike - I always eat a ton of the roasted garlic at WF, so maybe I have been unfairly blaming the kale salad this whole time.

BermyHorse

RR: recovery 5m easy, around 8.25s with stroller. RP was running 10 and it was hard to let her go. But I know I have another tough track session tomorrow so need to rest up. Also have my own LR sat which will be 13 ish.

NRR: absolutely got to make progress on marie-eve's blanket during this nap. Have to skip being online to get some rows in. Her baby girl will be 13 years old by the time I finish it otherwise.

TR: fast asleep. Refused, like completely refused to go into any stores yesterday. I was so sad that all my shopping days are now over. In hindsight, I think he might have been over stimulated from the morning/short night. Might try it all again soon.

FR: day 11 of diet, protein day 2. Just eating what the plan says.

Happy birthday ARM!!!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31