Womens Running

Wake up Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD

TR - had the best day of pottying with that trick of me showing him the candy first.  He went 3x!  He even peed standing up with DH showing him. Went to the bulk store to buy his potty treat candy, and he was playing with these mummy Halloween candy dispensers that made RAAAWRWAWARR noises and he wasn't scared of those, nor was he scared when he got a haircut after.  But he finds fingernail/toenail cutting to be terrifying.

FR - lunch with alcoholic friend.  Pulled pork last night was delicious.  Chicken pie & more kale salad for dinner tonight.

NRR - have AF and the cramps are really bad.  But the funny thing is, usually if I get bad cramps one month, I don't get the migraine.  So give me cramps any day!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 5-6 stroller miles after the older two head off to school

NRR - going to the dentist to the get this implant thing figured out - BOO!

FR - stew, I think

KR - DS has his first day of school today.

Zorbs - DD1 still hated having her nails cut - she freaks out every time.  I saw a trick where you trace their hands/feet onto a paper and then put a raisin or small candy into every finger/toe.  When that nail is cut they get to take the raisin off the paper.  I tried it w. DD, it worked a few times, now she is too old for that.  Weird about the cramps - hopefully those migraines stay away!!

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.3 miles and it was beautiful out... 54F and light breeze... love..

TR - first day at daycare came and went... the Good: she ate 75% of the food served which is outstanding for her, and she took a long nap... the Bad: already misplaced the sweatshirt I brought her in and she refused to drink any milk after I picked her up (which may or may not be related to daycare)... the Weird: her daily report said she didn't eat the banana served but when we got home she kept pointing at the bananas and eventually ate almost the entire thing.. hope today goes well, although looking at their menu I wouldn't be surprised if C didn't eat anything..

NRR - more reasons I don't like working from home: there's a cricket in the garage and it's been chirping non stop for days.. and DH cooked bacon at midnight and the whole house smells now...

zorbs - it used to be easy to clip C's nails, DH would do it when I was BF'ing... now she won't sit still and DH has nicked her twice when clipping, once it bled for almost 20 minutes... yay for B and the potty!  Hope he keeps it up!  And yea, i would totally pick cramps over migraines too!

eh - hope your dentist apt goes well and you get answers!

armmama

morning!

RR - 4 miles.  Going to chiro for ART this morning for this pain in my butt that started when I ran that HM a month ago.

BR - has his first day of what they call older toddler block time.  3 hours, 2 days/week.  I assume it's like the mother's morning out we had in MS.

KR - loved school, made friends, older DD said she was popular right away because she was the new girl and everyone wanted to ask her quesitons.  ha.  Some neighbor kids are walking over at 8:45 because their mom wants to get a big group of neighbor kids to walk to and from school together which would be awesome.

FR - need to get inspired.

NRR - DH is being a grump lately.  He's going out of town for work tomorrow for a night and I'm looking forward to it.

zorbs - I think I would take the cramps over a migraine too.

eh - One of these days I'll start doing stroller miles, probably when it's dark a little later.  For now I am still enjoying solo runs!  Good luck on DS's first day!

mrszackmorris

rr: nope. Did a 7 miler on Monday and followed that up with gouging the hell out my knee on a metal post. No stitches but close. can't really bend it and babying it so bad my opposite hip is killing me. Fun stuff.

kr: had a great first day of kindergarten. No tears (well a few from me but I held it together until I got home). Totally exhausted though.

tr: also had a great first day of 4k. We celebrated by going out to lunch with some friends and their kids. Home today as no 4k on Wednesdays.

br: such a mamas boy.

nrr: busy week with something going on every night. feeling like the house is so empty during the day.

fr: meatloaf laat night. hamburgers tonight.

------------

zorbs: yay for the potty training! What candy did he pick?

eh: good luck at the dentist!

cx2: weird about the food and c. I read the lunch menu to dd1. She said: mom can you just pack my lunch?

arm: that's sound like a good amount of time for L to be out. Plus then you still get to enjoy nap time. LOL on being popular bc she is new!

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Feel like death so I slept in this morning, maybe something tonight.

TR:  Is finally correcting himself with his c/k sounds, by George I think he's got it!

FR:  Grilled chicken sausage and veggies.

NRR:  Bought a desk for C and he LOVES it!

beckykay

Zorbs:  Potty treats are what worked for us.  Even now C will ask for one and I have to tell him no he's a big boy.

Eh!:  Boo on the implant, not fun at all.

Cx2:  Why on earth did DH make bacon at midnight?

Arm:  I wish I could send DH out of town, he's been a grump lately as well.

MrsZM:  OUCH!  Hope the knee feels better.

ok, gotta get to work - speech therapy today which takes up a couple of hours bussing the kiddo back and forth, then it is my day to get him at 2 so I need to bust it to get everything done.

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - Was so happy to be back at the community centre yesterday, she kept running around the room grinning at everyone and trying to play with every toy. I thought she might be able to sit still for circle time by now, but no dice. There was another girl her age that kept getting up and running around with her, so I didn't feel bad.

FR - Rainbow trout, cauliflower roasted with garlic, parley and parmesan, risotto

NRR - Going to visit my sister this afternoon. Hoping for warm weather so we can swim in her pool!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

arm - i hate when DH is a grump too.. but mainly b/c Dh is never a grump, is almost always in a pleasant mood and at least one of us has to be in a good mood..

mrsz - my meatloaf and hamburgers often taste way too similar... maybe i'm missing an ingredient in one or the other to make them stand out..

becky - DH is a night owl.. he does things late at night (watch tv, cook) when the rest of the world sleeps..

ernie - hope you get a swim in... i don't think we have too many super warm days left!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

Rr - gym this morning and then a medium long run w RP tonight. We were gonna do trails but can't bc her dh has hockey.

TR - last day of excitement. Tomorrow will be rough when she asks where we are going or who's coming over and I say nowhere and no one.

BR - has a diaper rash, maybe from all the fruit she ate at her bday party.

FR - mil is bringing something over. I need to do up a meal plan, I think I'll plan for 2 weeks and start to get organized. MIL is watching the kids for the first 2 weeks so I can do casseroles and things she has to start.

NRR - my parents made an offer on that house, they are still negotiating on price but it looks very promising. Poss date would be nov 28! Exciting.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

L e e l a

Hi there, ladies!

RR - 8.5 aerobic heart rate miles with the Wednesday group.  Went a bit faster than usual since many of the speedy women who ran the 4 Miler joined us as they recover from the race.  It was much cooler out and a nice run!  I'm trying to take better care of my body, too, so I headed to the gym mid morning for a long foam rolling session, core work and stretching.

RR2 - DH is on board for aiming for my target pace at Richmond.  We talked about it last night, and he'd also had a conversation with a friend who is like his running mentor.  I'm excited!

NRR - So glad to be back to our usual schedule.  I missed it!

TR - She's still loving school.  I am so happy for her that her new classroom is such a great fit. I had a bit of angst over which one to request, so I am relieved this seems to be the perfect class/teacher for her personality.

FR - White Bean and Swiss Chard Stuffed Acorn Squash.

Hope to be back for personals during naptime -- gotta run to school pick-up!

Erniegirl

zorbs - Sounds like things are really coming together with the potty. Nail cutting is a serious chore here, too, mainly because S always tries to pull the clippers out of my hand and do it herself, which she clearly doesn't have the dexterity to do.

eh - Have a good stroller run! It seems like everyone's kids will sit in the stroller for longer than mine. Good luck at the dentist!

cx2 - Great that C napped so well on her first day of daycare. Ha, cooking bacon at midnight it totally something my DH does.

arm - Hope the ART fixes you up! Toddler block time sounds perfect. Great that school went so well for the girls!

Mrszm - Ouch on the knee gouge. Glad school went well for the kids. I'm sure DS is loving having mamas all to himself during the day!

Becky - Hope the sleep in made you feel better! Sometimes sleep > running. Way to go C on the c/k sounds!

CA - Maybe O is getting some new teeth - S always gets diaper rash when she's teething. So great that things seem to be working out for your parents' move - that will be a big move for them!

Leela - Are you and DH going to be running the race together at Richmond? Stuffed squash sounds yummy.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- try the candy trick with the nail cutting. I give R one chocolate chip up front, then he gets one for each limb completed clipping. Yay for potty success. R did really good and grandma's house (stayed dry for almost 2 days) and has totally regressed now that we are home Sad  Ugh I used to get PMS migraines too.

eh! Good luck at the dentist

cx2- I hate crickets!! Sounds like C had a pretty successful first day at daycare.

armama- DH is on nights this week **love!** The only part I don't like is having to do dinner/bath/bedtime by myself, but I made up for it by making DH dress R this morning.

mzm- owie on the injuries! I need to stretch more, I was dinking around with my Roku last night and I think I might download one of the yoga channels and start doing it 1-2x a week. I think I goodwilled my yoga mat though... either that or its in storage.

becky- yay for speech therapy progress!

Ernie- mmmm trout! Ours are all from warm lakes here so they taste crappy- they are better from colder water.

CA- yay for your parents being closer! Hope their offer gets accepted.

leela- How is GF going? Are you pretty strict with it? Do you get any symptoms when you eat gluten? Good job on your training. I think I need to talk to RunnerGirl about being my coach..

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.55 miles. I told Joan up front that we need to make a poop contingency plan this morning since it was not happening for me. She brought her work and church keys. I felt a gurgle and we decided to head towards her work but we came across a portapotty on the way before we got to her work. Score! We ran pretty fast too.

TR: Was the devil at daycare yesterday. He got 6 timeouts before noon for slapping/pinching.  Took him to the park last night to wear him out and he went to bed so easily. Ate 3 bowls of spaghetti at dinner.  I promised him a trip to the park if he was good at daycare today.

FR: Something with b/s chicken thighs. Thinking something asiany with rice vermicelli.

NRR: Not a whole lot. Applying for a job, if I got it, it would be minimum $20k/yr raise BUT would be 1 hr commute each way. Wouldn't be a bad thing- nice places to run on my lunch break and better shopping. Would just need to clear it with daycare and possibly pay more since he would be there an extra hour each day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - that nail trick might work with chocolate, because raisins! omg raisins are a fruit! Hope you get your teeth fixed soon.

cx2 - put it this way, it is easier for me to clip the cat's claws..I might try the same trick with B...I clip the cat's claws when she is dozy and half asleep.

arm - that's great that school went well.  Having been the new girl many times, I can tell you it's so much easier to start at the beginning of the year along with everyone else than the middle of the year.

mrszm - are school lunches as disgusting as I remember them to be?  I picked out the candy - Hershey minis...a few extra Special Dark may have made it in the bag for mom Wink

becky - even though I gave him a treat as soon as he did it, I felt like showing him before is so much different.

ernie - your dinner sounds so delicious and fancy!

CA - my parents almost moved to Burlington when they downsized a few years ago, but they were neurotic about this petro-can refinery near a condo they liked (which has since been decomissioned)  I'm torn over whether I would like it, or if I would live in fear of them randomly showing up all the damn time.

leela - it's great that you and your dh can run together.  I can run with mine but we are not 100% - he wants to be faster when I want recovery and I am annoyed that he can't seem to take it to another level on race day.

spike - maybe I should have bought chocolate chips instead of the minis.  He ended up having 3-4 yesterday. my god the sugar!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/