Womens Running

New Week MONDAY (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Yay for you!  You crushed it Smile

Karen - woohoo for you too!!!  You did amazing!

Tessa - Great job!!!  You amaze me with those miles....

Lisa - Hope you are feeling better today.

Damarias - Loved your Princess Weekend report!  Looks like you had a great time!

Cathy(turtles) - Happy Belated Birthday!  Hope you had a great day!

i think I have linked my foot issue to a trial of Brooks new shoes -Levitates.  Loved the way they feel, but both myself, AND RB tried them, both with foot pain in the same area.  I spoke with someone at the Expo at Disney from a running store.  She said they have actually had some “issues” with the shoe, shin and foot pain...WTH...

Off for a run!

Hpapy Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me Smile

Glad I took today off because I can't move. LOL. Didn't sleep well at all..which is usual for me the night after a race. Just can't get comfortable because I am sore everywhere! Really feeling it in my hamstrings which I expected. Still have a yucky headache. And..I AM STARVING. I ate the biggest plate of spaghetti last night but still woke up like i hadn't eatin in days!

HCBF is staying in town today but he does have to go in the office Sad I was hoping he would help me get up LOL.

Plan is to take it easy this week and run what I feel like running..but I will be back into training officially by next week.  Gotta get ready for Fargo! I am going to take it easy the first 3 weeks and not add in any speed work. Honestly, I dont want to think about running right now haha. I want to soak in this achievement glow Smile

My plan today is to NETFLIX AND CHILL. And not the dirty Netflix and chill..the literal Netflix and chill Smile

Ginny - Interesting about the cough after NYC. I was coughing the final mile and then for a while after. I figured it was my..cough…uh..nicotine usage. How are you liking the new shoes? I don’t think I have ever seen those before. Nice run!

Run4kupcakes - Nice 10 yesterday! Running in that wind yesterday was a workout in itself. What is next for you?

Kathryn - I thought maybe your work reimbursed what you spent? No? What kinda training is that?! Haha. Love how you set up a hash for Tuesday!

Docket - Nice RR!! Love all the pictures. You always know so many people when you go to race Smile But UGH on the lack of sleep every night! Surprised you were able to complete the final race on that much sleep! Glad you had a great time - its always fun to go on a trip with the girls Smile

Tessa - CONGRATULATIONS on your race!!! Who cares that you were DFL! Did your time count? Excited to hear how it went! I hope you aren’t working today!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Carol - BUMMER on the shoes! Can you return them? Brooks is pretty good about that!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me Smile

Glad I took today off because I can't move. LOL. Didn't sleep well at all..which is usual for me the night after a race. Just can't get comfortable because I am sore everywhere! Really feeling it in my hamstrings which I expected. Still have a yucky headache. And..I AM STARVING. I ate the biggest plate of spaghetti last night but still woke up like i hadn't eatin in days!

HCBF is staying in town today but he does have to go in the office Sad I was hoping he would be around to help me get up. LOL.

Plan is to take it easy this week and run what I feel like running..but I will be back into training officially by next week.  Gotta get ready for Fargo! I am going to take it easy the first 3 weeks and not add in any speed work. Honestly, I dont want to think about running right now haha. I want to soak in this achievement glow Smile

My plan today is to NETFLIX AND CHILL. And not the dirty Netflix and chill..the literal Netflix and chill Smile

Ginny - Interesting about the cough after NYC. I was coughing the final mile and then for a while after. I figured it was my..cough…uh..nicotine usage. How are you liking the new shoes? I don’t think I have ever seen those before. Nice run!

Run4kupcakes - Nice 10 yesterday! Running in that wind yesterday was a workout in itself. What is next for you?

Kathryn - I thought maybe your work reimbursed what you spent? No? What kinda training is that?! Haha. Love how you set up a hash for Tuesday!

Docket - Nice RR!! Love all the pictures. You always know so many people when you go to race Smile But UGH on the lack of sleep every night! Surprised you were able to complete the final race on that much sleep! Glad you had a great time - its always fun to go on a trip with the girls Smile

Tessa - CONGRATULATIONS on your race!!! Who cares that you were DFL! Did your time count? Excited to hear how it went! I hope you aren’t working today!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Apparently I dont know how to edit. LOL. Sorry for blowing up the feed..user error.

Seloc

Well, winter has returned.  Again.  Was sleeting/freezing rain all night.  Kept me awake it was so loud on the windows.  All schools are closed because the snow is on it's way.  Up to a foot.  So over this.  Cannot get any traction on training!

Tessa - congrats on the race!  That's awesome they still recognized the finish.  Can't wait to read your RR.  Safe travels home!

Damaris - great RR! Sounds like a SUPER fun weekend with the girls.  But how you function on such little sleep is beyond me.  No way I can ever do that.  Glad DH is doing so well!!  How about Bugsy?

Kat - awwww that's nice you had an afternoon of wine with your mama.  Totally worth baling on the race.  Yeah sitting and listening all day is HARD.  Hope you find something at least a tiny bit interesting!  That's cool you found a hash for tomorrow.

HCK - nice 10 in the wind!

Lisa - OMG, ouch ouch ouch.  Super smart to get the x-ray - glad nothing is broken!  Sounds like you will have quite a spectacular bruise.  As for MN races - any plans to take revenge on Afton?  You could stay here - I'm about a half hour away?  There's also Zumbro in April and the Superior Trail races (one spring, one fall).  Not quite as convenient to the cities but I could definitely be a stop over!  Thanks for the HR feedback.  Yeah, doubt anything will change as our manager is VERY non-confrontational.  It just gets old since I am the one that ends up covering since there are only two of us.  If he would ever even acknowledge that and communicate ANYTHING it wouldn't be a big deal.  Just makes me feel dumped on most of the time.

Lizzie - aww Lizzie, where do I even start??  You are amazing!!  A true inspiration and role model for hard work pays off.  So incredibly proud of you.  So incredibly happy for you!  You earned this!  For SURE relish in that achievement glow.  Sounds like a perfect kinda day for you!  Maybe throw in a Ruger walk to shake out those leggies.

Karen - congrats on your race!  You are TOUGH.  How are you feeling today?

Annoyed that I'm sore from the 16mi on Sat.  For sure it's because I ran too fast for me for a long run.  I REALLY need to stop agreeing to others plans.  They always say "yes, you can keep up".  Sure, I can but not for that kind of distance.  Will happen again this weekend cuz fastie wants to run for her birthday.  Since she ran with me for mine, must reciprocate.  Eeks!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Why is Lizzie awake so early when she has an RD?  AND SHE TOOK TODAY OFF?  Hahaha.

I have 5 miles and weights tonight. I tried to wake up early enough to run in cool weather but the Oscars did me in.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day.  Remember I normally sleep 4-5 hours a night, so that's not that far off.

Carol, glad you found the root of the issue so you can solve it.

Sandy, yeah.  You need to run your pace. Bugsy is doing well, thanks.  He gets to a checkup next week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris - LOL I was thinking the same re: Lizzie!  But, I get not sleeping great after hard run.  You only sleep 4-5 hours per night??  How??  I'm actually oddly jealous - you have so much more time in your day!!  I keep waiting for age to allow for less sleep but it hasn't happened yet.  Glad Bugsy is doing well.  Have a good 5 and weights!

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, I am with you on eating everything in sight today. At Tampa airport waiting for my flight and I have already inhaled an enormous peanut butter bagel and a couple of tangerines. Working on a diet Coke.

Carol, hope you can return the shoes, and I'm surprised Brooks didn't spot the issue during the user testing phase of design. I used to test for another company and always had to report any problems.

Sandy, if they hadn't recorded a time I would have burst into tears. When I travel for a race I want it to count!

Yikes. This "therapy dog" or "emotional support animal" thing needs to be reined in -- or leashed in. There's a couple sitting at a table in the café with a big German shepherd on a leash with a bandanna saying "emotional support animal" but the guy who has the dog appears to be getting most of his emotional support from his phone. No interaction with the dog in the past ten minutes. And another guy walked by a few minutes ago with a hefty standard poodle on a leash, also an emotional support animal. Having paid $95 each way for Hrhiow to fly home and back at Christmas, plus the cost of the carrier required, I am a bit annoyed by people who are apparently trying to game the system to avoid paying the fees to transport a pet. It's certainly not the dog's fault, but I hope the humans have paid for early bird seating so that later boarders can maybe avoid sitting with a dog spilling under their feet. These poor dogs aren't going to be able to fit under the seat in front of one human or at one human's feet and they can't block the aisle.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie...OMG way to smash your goal.  I am so so happy for you.  You put in the hard work and it paid off.

Damaris, I'm so happy DH is doing better.

Lisa, this one in the Dakotas sounds interesting...for 2019 http://leanhorse100.com/course-information/  Altho there is a bridge and they scare the daylight out of me so you could conceivably learn new words.

Cathy Happy Birthday

HCK, wind here is almost an everyday thing here so unless it's tornado strength they don't close anything...altho there aren't all that many tall bridges.  I worked in a building that had 55 floors in Tulsa and when the wind was up you could feel the building sway.  Kind of unnerving.

Carol, I can't wear Brooks.  Right now I have about 5 different brands I alternate with.

Tessa, nice race!  I'm with you on the "emotional support" animals.  I have no problem with people needing help and using animals to get it but like you said some are just gaming the system.  They will be the cause of a ban and then people who really do need it will pay the price.

I got my 30 mile week in.  I did 11 on Sat and then 9 on Sun but had to split the miles because of other commitments.  Went to a Chinese restaurant with DD, DGD, SIL, and DH.  The food was great and had a nice time visiting.  DD starts her new job today and I wanted to spend some time with her before.

I want to get in 38 miles this week with a 5, 5, 8 and 20 as my last long week but if I had to do anything today I'd say no way jose...I am so tired.  Monday's are always tired days after back to back weekend runs.  I wish I could do a longish run mid week but I'm so slow it would take me forever and I do like my sleep, like Sandy.  I can't do the 4-5 hours that Damaris does, more like 8-9 with a few 10 hours ones thrown in.

Karen, I'm happy you finally got your The Woodlands in and the mileage was correct.  4 hour marathons is so far beyond me that you and all the others with those times just seem incredible.

Ginny if I run in the cold I develop a cough afterwards.  I have an inhaler just in case.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CONGRATS TO RACERS!

Sunday I enjoyed 45 minutes on the gym track. Friends and I enjoyed greeting one another as we ran.

Today I plan a run at the track I think since it is going to be a while before the outside warms up.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Catching up at the office!!

Swam this morning.  It was slow, but at least I made it to the pool!

If y'all do Mickelson Trail next year, let me know. I would like to do it.

Carol--shoes!  What is up w Brooks?? They changed my fav Glycerins a few years ago.  Me and my RB both returned them.  I want to try them again tho. Maybe they have worked out the kinks??

Lizzie--you have earned a rest day today!!

Lisa-- how are you feeling today?

Later ladies!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning.  Trying to warm up.  Went to a 6:30  breakfast talk and no joke, there was a breeze.  Wth.  Breakfast??  Joke.  Dry mini pastries.  I got there before half the room did and they were just about out.  Hate to see what lunch will be.

Lizzie, I get reimbursed up to $1500.  Between conference ($450), flight (~$200), and hotel ($900), I'm on my own for food.  Host hotel is always expensive, but nice in that you don't have to walk AS FAR.

Fell asleep last night around 7 I think.  Guess I really was pooped.  Oddly, the topic of this morning's lecture - poop.

Hi to all.  On my phone and hard to repsond.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizzie-congrats again on crushing that PR like you devour cupcakes! I wouldn't think that having to provide proof of dr visits to either HR or a supervisor in order to take repeated time off is any kind of by state thing. I can ask when I'm back in office tomorrow. BTW noone is asking me for documentation at this point but if I had to leave work once a week for some sort of pt then they might.

Ginny-yeah for your good run yesterday!

HCK2-I'll get Delaware eventually. LOL Nice run yesterday!

Kathryn-hope your shots are up to date....hash house in Vegas... make sure it stays there.

Damaris-I think you got the point of Princess weekend.. which isn't to PR unless you that stands for Princesses Rock?! LOL Love the pics of the Princesses Rocking!

Tessa-I know you've been after me with the Michelson Trail for some time. LOL And TOO FUNNY (in a way) that we DFLed at the same Florida race!!!! I hadn't realized that was the one you were doing. I had missed the first turn there 2 years ago and went 5 miles out of way on the rail/trail then got lost on some little loop and ended up running 28 miles but didn't have time to make up the last 5 since my flight from Orlando was too close. That was the same race! ROFL I too have a cute medal for the half and a record from there.. mine was Foreigner.  Looks promising for SD in 2019 but let's look at Diane's Lean Horse race the 3rd week of August instead. Better aid station food, more generous times, same trail

Carol-bummer on the trial shoe being a pain. I had that happen when I was testing for them too.

Sandy-Not interested in revenge at Afton. The steep ups and downs did a number on my low back. Not worth it. The manager may know but couldn't share with you because of HIPPA but sounds like that isn't the case. Hopefully this person isn't getting paid for their time off as well. I'd be interested in other MN races though near ya. Free lodging is always a huge selling point. Moose Mountain would be an experience but like you said that's pretty far from you. Can you do an out/back based on time with fastie and let them go further out?

Diane-I like the way you think. LOL Sounds like the same trail but maybe different race that Tessa's been pushing for. I could feel like Amazon woman between the two of you! And be laughing the entire time for sure. Nice job on the mileage for the week no matter how you got it in. I'll have to explore South Dakota races for 2019 along with Oregon.

Sue- The Lean Horse that Diane mentions is on same Mickelson Trail but in August and has 20, 30, 50, and 100 mile options. 12 hours to finish the 30 mile event, 14 hours for the 50 mile. The Deadwood Mickelson Marathon has 7 hours. I would opt for the Lean horse and not sweat the cut off. 7 hour hard cutoff for the 30 mile event at mile 14.9. Way better aid station food at http://leanhorse100.com/

Went to bed at 6:30pm yesterday after being awake since noon. Working from home today and only taking the Ibuprofen. Sore but determined to not turn into a curled up ball so moving every hour.

Lisa