Womens Running

Too Much Ice Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

We have icy weather coming our way. Eeeep!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I got in 15 minutes of running during a 50 minute total cardio DVD.

Today I go to the track for a run. Yaaaaaaaaaay!  Icy streets may change that plan...not sure.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - stay safe with the bad weather coming...we have the same thing headed here Sad

Had a nice LR with RB's Sunday, tonight doing some "speed work" at the track  with out local Multisport club.  Should be "fun".

so, this NRR, but have to whine a little.  Found out my DD # 1 (Aly''s) mom has a job offer in Atlanta.....sob, sob, sob....I know I have been so fortunate to have both girls in the same town.  I am proud of her, it is a promotion in her current company.  But , will miss them being so close!

Off off to work..

carol

ginnyb

Judy...it will hit here before you get it, I can hardly wait!  So tired of winter.

4.5 miles on the darn TM again this morning.  I am starting to think I will never be able to run outdoors again and if and when I do it is going to feel weird I am sure.  I have never run on the TM this much.

Will be checking email all day today hoping to get into the NYC marathon!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Just rain for us tonight and tomorrow (at least I hope it waits until tonight because I forgot my umbrella and walking to the train station in the cold rain would really suck), then a pretty good chance of significant snow on Thursday. On the plus side, my hamstring/butt/lower back feels much better today, on the minus side, the weather is not so good and I am lacking in mojo. Today at lunch I have to finish getting all the new house utilities switched into our name, then tonight a bunch of moving chores. May or may not work out.

Carol, congrats to your DD on the promotion, but yeah, that sucks. It's obvious how much you enjoy spending time with Aly. I know you guys will make it work, and Atlanta will be a nice place to visit, especially in the winter (except for their occasional shut the whole place down ice storms).

Ginny, I'm crossing my fingers for you and Lisa today!! Is anyone else in the lottery? Damaris, did you throw your name in again?

My Pilates instructor had her baby at 3:30 this morning. She just texted me pictures. I guess this means no session for me on Saturday...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!!  Warm, humid and FOGGY here!!!  Crazy weather.  Sorry y'all are having such a bad winter.  Come on down!  4.3 miles this morning w Jeffrey.  My legs are so tired.  Not sore, but really just felt wiped out.  One hour bike this afternoon.  Hope it clears and I can ride outside.  Otherwise, I'm on the trainer.

Fingers crossed for the NYC marathon!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates class and 6 tonight.

Sue, congrats on the Seaside HM!  And almost a PR!  That's awesome.  I am crossing my fingers for NYC too.

Judy, sorry about the ice.  Stay upright!

Carol, sounds like a nice LR.  Congrats on DD's promotion.  Sorry it is far away.

Ginny, you will run outdoors soon, you'll see. Nice TM run.

Karen, I guess no session, but you might be surprised.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

An overweight/obese woman in my knitting group was talking about going back to the gym last week to try and drop some of the weight she has gained over the past couple of years while on steroids.  She asked for advice.  You know how this goes.....I tried not to judge, and told her I do best if I go to the gym early in the morning, so nothing interrupts my workout time, to ease into exercise so she does not become so sore that she quits.  I really didn't think she would do anything.

She texted me this morning.  She has been at the gym the past four mornings and loves it.  She swam today.  Yay Candace!

Just needed to share.  Wink

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

No run for me today; it's an SDO. I'll do a tempo run tomorrow. Today I went to athletic yoga, and she kicked our butts! Worked on arms and shoulders - you'd be surprised how much it can hurt just to hold your arms out straight and circle them. I really do like the class, though.

Speaking to Crazysue's post about inspiring someone to exercise, I really wish I could do something to inspire my mom to be more active and lose some weight. She's had some health issues that have made it really hard for her to get motivated, but I know she'd feel so much better if she got some exercise. She just got put on a cpap, so I'm hoping that will improve her sleep and make her feel more like doing something.

Tessa - my duet went well, thanks for asking. It was pitched right in the middle of my range, so that made me a bit less nervous. Normally I only sing where I'm lost in the group. Wink

Ginny - hang in there. I'm really impressed with how consistent you've been, considering how bad your weather has been combined with how much you usually struggle in the winter.

Carol - nice that your DD got a promotion, but sorry it's so far away. I've lived away from my parents my entire adult life, and it can be hard sometimes. The phone is my friend.

Karen - sounds like ditching Toledo might be the way to go, especially with everything you've got going on.

Crazysue - it was foggy here yesterday morning. Cold today, then 70 degrees tomorrow, then possible wintry mix Thursday. Geesh!

Damaris - enjoy Pilates.

Off to get some work done. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Snow and ice can go away now

congrats to any that got into NY

4x800s . Total 3.1 For me today. Good workout. Pilates later

Carol it will be tough when they move.

Karen just rain here too. Dh left early for his trip. He is in Ft Lauderdale until Friday. At least it isn't raining yet

D you put in for lottery for NY?

Cindy I may do Tempo tomorrow instead of Thursday. Haven't decided. Speed work two days in a row may be too hard for me. I will see.

Sue that is great. Now if she can keep it up for a month she will get it to be a habit

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, I'm sorry for you and congratulating your daughter at the same time.

Cindy, glad the duet went well!

Ginny, there are a bunch of women on the WW marathoners board who are waiting to hear about NYCM too.

Susan/crazysue, go Candace! Good for her.

Karen, I think not doing Toledo might be a good idea although it's a shame. You already have Ohio since you did the Pig a few years back, right?

Judy, if you go to the track, drive safely!

Damaris, crossing fingers for you as well.

Marjorie, careful on speed work two days in a row.

4 this morning with RN. Did NOT want to get up but did anyway -- I was up at 3:52 and out the door at 4:02. It was a good run. The moon's almost full and yesterday's rain blew inland.  And as of today I have been a widow for exactly one year. In some ways it seems like forever, and then sometimes I find myself thinking "oh, I need to tell Dan that" and then remember. I thank you all for your support and concern over the last year. (((hugs)))

3 miles this morning on the tm.

Not much else going on.

Other than a charge on my credit card... SO EXCITED!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Congrats,Lisa!

No CC charge for me so I assume last year's DNF will remain for a while longer

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa a year already?  Wow.

Oh I won't do the tempo run tomorrow. My legs are tired after today's intervals send Pilates.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone, I added a poll up top ---stickied at the top of this page where says POLL  about where we want to go.

Stay here or go back to RWOL.  Or other.  Welcome your thoughts.

Marjorie