Womens Running

(Over 40 and under 90 so far)Thankful It's Thursday (Read 208 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post! Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 35 minutes with more speed again. You know how it feels cumbersome, sort of clumsy when you try to run slowly after more fast running over time? It almost *hurts* to run slowly? It’s a peculiar thing.

Today should be a track run.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, LOL on title!  Hope we're still running and posting at 90!   Smile  I totally understand that  running slower is sometimes harder.

Lisa/KQ, I'm so glad your test was neg!

Carol, you were smart to go in for the bigeminy!  I'm not on meds-my episodes are too infrequent/not long enough to warrant it, IMO. Mainly, they just don't make sense since they are early in activity.  Are you on meds?

Jules, loved that gingerbread house!   Wow!   I'll pm my ph number, too. Just for the record, you could easily be ready for a half by early June...if Hatfield McCoy is tempting you.  Smile

Karen, love the 12k on 12-12!  I did it 7.5, too, including my cooldown half mi, but it wasn't intentional. That friend of yours writes a great blog!  Made the race sound like a blast!

It's exciting that all of you are going to Hatfield/McCoy.  Sounds like so much fun!

Gatsby, not binging on chocolate this time of year is an accomplishment!

It's exciting that all of you are going to Hatfield/McCoy.  Sounds like so much fun!

My run yesterday was great...restored a bit of confidence.   It was about 45, cloudy, with a little breeze and I really enjoyed it! I also did some core work at the gym. One of the staff members showed me a great abd machine last week-makes them sore!

Pics from Santa Hustle are up.  http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Proofs.aspx  I put on the Santa shirt, beard  for that last one on the course-had finished already. 

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies,

Went to PF with DH last night.....did the weight training routine and ran 30" on TM.  I am really enjoying using the weight machines there.  Since I am still trying to lose this 10 pounds, thinking maybe the weights will help Smile

What hotel did you all make reservations for at H&M?  I think I will make reservations, can always cancel if doesn't work that I go.

Camille - No meds for me.  The ECP doctor gave me a beta blocker if I was really symptomatic, but didn't have to use it if I didn't want to.  He was a great guy...and was a walking journal...he sat and told me all of the studies since the 1960's re: treatment of PVC's.   Was very supportive of my running.

Judy - I must have missed something about why you are trying to run slowly?  Did you get injured?

Have a great day!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol the Hampton Inn in KY Pikeville or something like that. There is a Holiday Inn Express there too.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning!

6 chilly miles for me, very slow pace due to some icy spots (mainly my road).  I also had a doggie running with me for a couple of blocks, could not figure out where the owner was (no leash of course), I heard someone calling him but never saw the guy.  I was more worried that the dog would get hit by a car.  I might have kept him if he'd run all the way home with me lol.

Judy - hi there, have a good track run.  I had the opposite problem this morning, wanted to run faster but kept getting slowed down by something (see above) ha ha

Camille - glad you had a good run yesterday, weather sounds perfect!

Carol - glad you enjoyed the gym, weights will definitely rev up the metabolism!

Hi Marjorie!

mommymac

So this Hatfield - McCoy race is 2.5 hours from an airport! Wish I was the kind to just rent a car and drive that distance; maybe something else will present itself. Too funny about taking sides and the team with the lesser total time wins the feud!

I'll get out for 5-6; little sore through the legs but I should be able to work through that.

Did anyone watch the 12-12-12 concert last night? All the old classic rock bands, and Roger Daugherty almost looked like he had an open-heart surgery scar running down his chest. Very emotional concert for those of us in the area.

Judy - The cumbersome slow run must mean we are somehow highly conditioned!

Carol - Good luck with the weights program; I wish I had the discipline to get in to a gym.

Beautiful sun here today and a lighter work load, so x mas prep it is!

Tomorrow's Friday! Yeah!

Carolyn

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, you got it. You and Kaite can share my room for HM. So I'll see you in NJ in May, WV/KY in June, and possibly WI in July? I hang out with you more than some of my local friends - too funny!

Gatsby, the run on NYE at Chrissy Field sounds fun. Again wishing I'd been a runner when we lived in the Bay Area - so many cool things to do.

Judy, love the title of the thread today. Made me laugh, which isn't easy at 9 a.m. in the office.

camille, what was your bib # for the Santa race? Can't see your pics, it wants more info...

Carol, I reserved at the Hampton Inn in Pikeville, KY. The Holiday Inn Express was about $10/night cheaper but I'll get Hilton points at the Hampton. I think Marjorie used Hilton points so is at the Hampton as well. That's my theory on the hotel - you can usually cancel up until the day before, and I"d rather know I have a place to stay than worry about it down the line. 

Tessa, too funny on DS and the half.

Laura, nice 6. I hate that when a dog starts running with me. We have a couple in my neighborhood that the owners let run free. I usually stop and tell them No! Go Home! in a loud voice because I don't want them to follow me and get hit by a car, get far away from home, etc. But lately I'm getting tired of it - I wish their owner's were more responsible.

Carolyn, yes, HM is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. You could always come run the New Jersey Marathon or half in May with Lisa and me.

Tonight after work I'll run....probably 5-6. I'm not really following a plan until the beginning of the year, just trying to keep my mileage up around 40/week or so. And just easy miles until then to give all my niggles a chance to get better before hitting it hard in 2013. I will probably be undertrained for Mount Mitchell, but my goal for that is just to finish, and I think the two 50ks I'm running as training run should help in that regard. I hope.

Work should be better today as the boss is out of town and I'll only have to deal with annoying emails and phone calls.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Karen, funny...link works for dd and me.  Bib is 2355

http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Proofs.aspx 

Laura, watch  out for the cute little dogs...they make themselves too charming.  : )

Hi Carolyn, I forgot about the concert.

Gotta get some work done....it's so much more enjoyable to read about potential races.  Smile

Anonymous Guest

camille, love the last pic of you running with the hat and the beard!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 miles for me today.  Much colder.  Yikes the temp really dropped as the feels like was in the 30's but it will warm back up again by Saturday.

Karen, yep I used Hilton points.  I'm also going to use airline points to fly up and probably my points from car rentals to get a rental for free too.  The advantage of all the travel I do.

Judy sometimes it is hard to make yourself run slower. 

Gatsby we have nothing Christmas like in terms of candies or cookies in the house so we are doing well.  DH isn't supposed to eat chocolate because of his kidney stone issue and sugar doesn't do well with me and running so we just dont' have any in the house.

Laura no ice for me but I did have to watch for puddles.  Some areas on the sidewalks were standing water. 

Carolyn yep the H-M isn't close to any airport.  But a bunch of us will already have rentals etc so you are welcome to let one of us pick you up etc.

Thanks for the bib number Camille

Marjorie

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I'm not injured but I have been working on speed lately. Running slowly seems sort of awkward after getting used to running faster.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Carolyn, Hatfield-McCoy is definitely in the middle of nowhere. But people will be driving from various points. Charleston's probably the closest sizeable airport (Marjorie, that would be the OTHER Charleston, as in WVWink), but I'm guessing the Michigan contingent will be going through Columbus which is a fairly big hub. I'm presuming you don't want to drive from home.

Lisa/KQ, great news on the results!

Busy today, many quotes to get in and out, numerous calls. And still torn about Disneyland. Turns out that with the taxes/fees for the "corporate discount" the discount tickets wind up more expensive than paying at the gate! I do want to go and I do want to support DS, but dammit, why didn't he give us the letter when he got it from the choir director back in October?

4 miles this morning with running neighbour, more at lunch. I got turned down for blood donation last night (slightly low iron) so no need to take it easy today.

Happy runs!

ginnyb

No run for me this morning.  Going to the Christmas concert and the high school tonight, my GD is in the choir.  Their Christmas concert is always beautiful.  No matter what problems the school in having these days, the choir always shines!  Her mother and uncle were both in it too back in the day.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Choir concerts Smile

7.1 on the TM at lunch.