Womens Running

Marshmallow THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Toasted Marshmallow Day! Smores anyone?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this girl!

Took a 2 hour nap when I got home yesterday and slept 8 hours last night! Woot Woot!! Thursday's are usually the hardest day for me to walk into work. Probably because its usually my rest day and I haven't had the endorphin rush. Hoping today goes by quickly since its my Friday! I will be excited once the LR is done tomorrow. Its llooonngggg (thats what she said)

I will be stalking weather for tomorrow. Its going to be TX weather - very similar to my run yesterday with dewpoints in the mid 70's. I will do my best to suck it up..there is a storm possibility which is why I will be stalking. I hope it rains! But please, no thunder!

Sandy - I am anxious to hear how this morning went!

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice run yesterday! Speed work has been so hard this week!

Diane – Dewpoint in the 60’s is warm, but it isn’t “too” bad. Love that quote!

Have a great day everyone! I could defiantly go for a smore!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Lizzie, enjoy that rest day!!  Sorry you are going to get our type of horrid weather tomorrow.  Funny, I really don't like smores.

Lisa, the 8 mile course is just a one loop modified lap not being used after that that specific race distance.  All the different distances have different courses.  I think I will sign up for the 24 IF I feel like I could do more after Woodstock.  I wouldn't care if I bailed even after 12miles.  24 just seems stupid at this point in time.  It would be awesome to do, but let's be real...  A bit far for me now.

Up early here, but about 45 minutes behind where I wanted to be.  I wanted to be out the door now, instead I just sat down with my coffee.  I am another one that needs a good solid hour or so before I can get out the door.  Coffee has to settle a bit and then have to force some food down, bagel today.  Hopefully the walk goes OK, I tweeked my lower back/muscle last night at work somehow.  It isn't bad, but definitely noticeable.  I am not one for back issues.  I think I did it getting down on the floor to get a cat out of a carrier.  10# cat tweeks my back, not the 85# pitt bull... Go figure.

Remainder of the day off.  Might go downtown(ish) and take some pictures.

Ok, coffee just about done, time to rinse off to wake up, then my bagel.  Gonna try out my new hydration vest today.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Good Morning!  Had a nice 5 miles this morning. Didn't have to walk today.  Yay me!! Saw two foxes down by the beach hunting breakfast.

Lots of catching up today. Call with the boss later to discuss my other projects. Ugh. Gotta prep for that.

Have a fun day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

I thought the 50k started at 6 am but they just put out a list and it starts at 5 am so dark ....not my favorite on an unknown trail.  I'm going to get down there early Sat and see if I can walk it first so it's  not such a "surprise".  Luckily since I'm so slow the spiderwebs will be gone

I did 3 on the indoor track at lunch yesterday and may do that too again today and get all of it over with early.

Kat you may surprise yourself and be able to get the 24...you did that at the Pinelands and got a 50k done! As long as you meet the cutoffs it doesn't matter how slow you go.  If you can keep an easy pace you can be surprised how far you can go.  There's a man named Ulli who walks and always have 100 miles including Hardrock 100 more than 10 times.  Then there is Yolanda Holder who had done the 3100 mile Sri Chamoy (sp) in 52 days.

Enjoy the rest day Lizzie.  What's your LR mileage tomorrow?

I need more coffee so I'll be back

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was unusually hot and dew point was high. It was harder to breathe so I just did 30 minutes out the trail, then walked 20 minutes in the park. Cooler weather came later in the afternoon, thankfully.

Today I plan a trail run, then groceries. DS is flying in later tonight. We have to drive down to pick him up.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

The soccer game was spectacular!  My GD had 2 goals, one that counted and one that didn't .  Unfortunately the game ended in a tie, 2-2, but the most exciting soccer game  I have seen her play.  It was fun.

I had to force myself again, but I got out for 3 this morning and then leg day with trainer.  Needless to say, my legs are trashed, but I did it, I thought I was going to die pushing that dang sled around the gym, obviously I didn't. 

Liz...enjoy your rest day.  It was muggy here this morning when I ran, but it has much improved since then.  Cold front went through last night, headed your way!

Kat...you usually seem to do more than you think you are going to do.  We will both do well at Woodstock, I just feel it!

Well I have to go pull some books, so I will be back.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie right now in Coalgate, OK where the race is it's 76 with a 74 dew point.  I don't expect much better on Sunday...I don't sweat much but I anticipate some happening then. I've been driving home with no AC and walking around at home outside to "practice" but I think this will be one of those races I never do again.

Congrats to GD Ginny.

Hi Sue

Hi Judy.

Seloc

Well isn't that fitting - I had a marshmallow Gu on my run this morning   Yep, 18mi and in the office by 8:10.  BOOM.  Had to run to catch the bus!  But better than walking another mile.  Glorious weather for Aug.  Still sweaty for me, of course, but can't complain about 56*/54* temp/dewpoint.  One of the RBs realllllllllllly wanted to run with me so I caved.  I think she just thought it pretty cool to get up at 3am.  Whatever.  We met at the corner at 3:30.  She did 2 loops with me and then I finished the rest.  She called herself my chaperone and she also always wears a headlamp so that was sorta nice.  It wasn't hard to get up (thank you kit kat for puking at 2:53am, 7min before my alarm) but the body wasn't fully functioning at that point (it's been trained well to expel it's contents around 4:30/5 LOL).  Made a pit stop at RBs when dropping her off.  Felt bad dripping sweat all over but she insisted.  I could have made it the next half mile to the coffee shop.  So glad that's done in decent weather.  Yes, there will be critics who will say you cannot get the weather you want on race day so you should practice in all but this works for me.  I would DNS a marathon with dewpoints in the 60s at this point in my life.  I do this for fun and this morning was FUN!  Yep, flying high on the endorphins right now and drinking coffee   Can't wait to get home and have a BEER!!

Okay - gotta do a little work and read the other posts and then I'll be back for shouts!!

LC Runs

Good Morning, I am glad this is the end of the work week and we have a long weekend ahead of us, I am tired!

4 TM miles this morning, would have gone longer but ran out of time LOL

Nothing yesterday, moved my son down to his dorm at college.  It was kind of a cluster due to the amount of people, limited parking and construction zones which blocked off all but one of the roads leading to his dorm.   I was surprisingly calm and figured it out but I was freaking a bit on the inside lol.  He seemed pretty settled when I left though his roommate had disappeared so I don't know what he did about dinner.  I texted him once I got home and he seemed to be doing fine.  I'm sure he will be great once he meets people and gets into a routine.  Anyway, long day but I was able to get home before dark.

No major plans this weekend, I think we are going to BFs Dad's lake house at some point.  We are also going to look at some vinyl flooring, between 4 pets, 4 kids and a dirt road, my living room carpet is trashed.  Actually, I'd like to re-do the entire house but not sure the budget can afford it.

Lizzie - yeah for good sleep and ugh on the weather for your LR tomorrow, I'm sure you will do great!

Kat - have a good walk and hope the vest works out well.  I like coffee and quiet first thing, too!

Have a great day, Sue!

Diane - wow, 5 am start is early but I'm sure it will go fine!

Judy - have a great visit with DS!

Ginny - great run and workout!  Congrats to GD!  I am looking forward to watching my DS play high school soccer this year, he has his first home game next week.

Seloc

HCK – dang awesome workout in your crappy weather!  I totally agree at it being harder to get out on the weekends.  Weekdays there is no choice so no dilly dallying!

Diane – I just checked dewpoints for your race on Sunday.  69*/70*  Ooof.  Personally, I could not do that.  Stay safe out there, have fun and good luck!  Oooh, see I’d be all excited for 5am start!  Dark for sure but you’ll be with however other many of your close personal friends.  Ha.

Lizzie – how were the tacos??  I was trying to think what the earliest I have run before.  This may have been a record?  About 10-15 years ago I was running with a sorta friend/ex boss who is sight impaired and I remember meeting up with him on some early steamy runs but I think that was at 4.  There was a nice moon this morning and RB had a headlamp and I LOVE there are no cars even though we run on mostly paths.  You can tell when about 5:30 rolls around people start waking up haha.  You really made me realize how so much easier it is to get up and out during the week.  Thank you!!  Yes, humidity is creeping up for the weekend but NOTHING like what you have so I can’t complain.  Just not good for me for running.  Your weather for tomorrow is crap – not gonna lie.  But.  Knowing you, you will still get out there and kill.  Just please PLEASE slow down and take it easy.  ANY pace tomorrow will be fast enough.  You hear?!  Listen to your elders hee hee

Lisa – you are tapering well!  You sound like you are in a REALLY good place mentally to tackle this 100K.  I’m excited for you!!  Totally agree with everything you said about walking.  I’m trying to get there!  The fast RBs I sometimes run with will run fast up a hill then stop their watches and wait at the top to drink water/recover.  I keep walking with the watch running haha.  But going from road racing to trails is a pretty different mindset IMO.

Ginny – oh goodness on the passing out story!  Glad you didn’t die pushing the sled LOL  Nice miles, too!  And hearty congrats to DGD.  Hey, a tie was better than a loss.  That is SO great you are so supportive of her and go to her games.  She must LOVE that and will remember it forever.

Kat – OMG I had to look up Trail Toes if you use it on your LIPS?!  LOL  And Squirrel Nut Butter just made me laugh.  I know it sounds weird but I am completely swearing by the Dove deodorant now.  I was a drippy sweaty mess today and ZERO chafe!  Dude, be kind to yourself.  I would have ZERO motivation in your heat and humidity.  Kinda how crabby I was during our April Blizzard up here.  Sometimes it’s just not fun to run in crappy weather!  Awww sorry for the back tweak!  Darn kitty kat.  Have a good run!

Damaris – good luck this weekend!  Hope the crappy feeling from the meds goes away.  Have you weather stalked?  Any goals for this one?

Karen – hey fellow math nerd.  I do LOTS of math when running.  I wore just a basic chrono watch at Fargo and would have to do the math at every mile marker to check pace.  Okay, well, I was running with (now) creepy pacer dude but still.  It does keep the mind active!  I chuckled at you describing your weather as “debilitating” but I agree with you!  It’s crap!  You and Lizzie both are going to be like little kids in a candy store here in Oct.  Well, I sure hope so!!

Sue – nice 5 mie!  Interesting watching the foxes hunt.  Good luck with boss lady!

Judy – smart to take the humidity into account with your workout.  Glad you are getting some cooler weather.  Awwww have fun with DS!!

Laura – awwww glad you got DS all settled.  Nice job holding it all together on the outside, mama bear!  That has GOT to be hard.  Sounds like a lovely long weekend for you.  Good luck to DS in soccer!

Man, I cannot WAIT to get home and have some beer.  Trying to put some plans together for the weekend.  Hoping for a pedicure after work tomorrow.  Thinking I’m going to help out at a water stop for the marathon training group with former RB on Sat.  Hopefully my sister from Bis is coming down and then I can go to the fair with them again on Sunday.  That’s all so far haha  Happy almost Friday and long weekend!  Except sorry, Elina.  Hope your vacation/floorball is going well!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy whether I go or not may now be taken out of my hands as the stupid people who I have to do inventory counts with are doing theirs at noon on Sat.  Takes about an hour but puts me back and just throws off the rhythm of just driving down and relaxing.  If I do 6 tonight then 16/12 Sat/Sun I can get back on track mileage without the 50k.  It's also supposed to be cooler at home but with storms.  What a cluster.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 4 with 4 X 100m earlier, worked a bit from home and now heading to the airport.

I'll see you later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Judy--your son is visiting?  Nice! Enjoy!

Sandy--Wow 18 before work!!  Awesome. I keep forgetting to put cream where my sports bra rubs. Ouch. I need to set that out the night before--in the morning I am barely awake enough to dress myself. I love toasted marshmallow gu.

LC--College was a ZOO both times I dropped my kiddos off.  I didn't cry until I drove off. Good job keeping it together.

Ginny--congrats to GD! I miss soccer. DS2 played 13 years.

We visited DS1 & DIL last night. They are about 6 weeks pregnant. Smile

Kat--enjoy your day off.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I'm baaaaack.....

Sue, nice run, glad no walking was involved for you.  Fun to see foxes.

Diane, I hope you are able to go, that sucks.

Judy, hope you have a nice time with DS on his visit.

Ginny, glad the girls game was good.  Ties are a bummer, but great on the goals.  Good job getting out there for your miles.

Sandy, yep, Trail Toes on the lips.  It is just a thick salve.  I'm sure Squirrel Nut Butter is about the same.  Smile  What is better for lips, toes or nuts?  Sorry...  Great job on the 18, way to channel your inner Lizzie and rock it!  Mmmm, beer.  I see some in my future.  Near future as it is already close to noon.

Laura, I hope DS acclimates well.  What a good time freshman year in the dorms were...

Damaris, have a safe flight to Utah and enjoy your race.

Just got back.  Had 10 on the schedule but really wanted to get 12 in and I did.  I almost went for 13.1, but decided the extra mile really wasn't too important, so I just headed home, plus my hip is twingy.  Happens commonly.  Back started sore, but is fine now.  It was a decent walk!  I usually get whiney around 4-4.5, but felt good so I pushed it and kept going.  The vest was nice.  Ice water was unpleasantly warm by mile 7 so I stopped at a 7-11 around mile 9 and guzzled almost a liter of Gatorade, ice cold.  SO good.  I was pleased.

Yes, I often can go farther than I think I can.  IF I have a walk like this on the 15th, I think I can push for 18.  24?  That might be unrealistic.

Ahhh, now to relax.  I don't think I will go out for pictures, it is warm and I have had enough of it. Maybe tomorrow morning?

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024