Womens Running

Too Bad Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Mother Nature is trying to get us down with SNOW but TOO BAD. I am going to mock the snow (and enjoy the lack of ice) with an early morning run in it.

"Too bad" better not end up applying to anything else.

When I looked at elevation of the trail run I see that first half was a gradual net uphill with the second half net downhill.... that explains a lot. I had sort of went a different way to start.  Good to know.

No half on the trail for me with Carol.  Found out that will be a major practice day for dd's team with all of the judges coming in to watch and also practice judging by being an audience and giving feedback.  There isn't usually a month inbetween regionals and states but where Easter (and thus spring breaks) fall in relation to graduations/proms there is this year. Probably is for the best even though I was looking at this as a DMB race (not DNF, not DFL, not DNS.. by Do My Best-yup, I made that up.. not to be confused with a DUMB race which I've participated in also).

Off to run in snow and scoff all the way.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No snow!  Yuck. But I know when we were at dad's last April it snowed while we were there

short run today. Need to get a pharmacy mail back thingy as dh has some old meds that need to be destroyed. As dies a Hammy (prednisone which he cannot take since steroids throws him into Cushing disease like symptoms.  Can't just throw them out. Need to be properly destroyed. Hot water heater supposed to go in today.

Tessa glad the knee is improving.

Marjorie

LC Runs

3 TM miles yesterday morning and 3 TM miles this morning.

Lisa - have a nice snowy run!

Marjorie - enjoy your run and the rest of your day!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

You were all greatly missed!

I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  The vacation trip was 9 days in all, 1800 miles, down to Charleston SC and then Atlanta GA. High points were seeing a preserved antebellum plantation (Drayton Hall in SC and their resident alligator) plus the 6 giant pandas at ZooAtlanta. The actual reason for the trip was to attend the Organization of American Historians gathering. Even though I only got to run 2 days, I walked my buns off the rest of them.

I’m going to probably run on the TM downstairs today. It is now snowing. Ohio doesn’t believe in spring, apparently.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.3 for me. Now busy work day. Pilates is moved to tomorrow since they are supposed to do the hot water heater this afternoon.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy!  If I'd known.....Drayton hall is right by my house. I mean it is 1/4 a mile from the entrance to our neighborhood!

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Lisa -  sad I won't be seeing you at the Trail Half.....was hoping you'd show us the way!  Thre will be another tho....  Snow here too, but hoping it won't last long.  Enjoy your run this am.

Marjorie - Cute baskets!!!

Tessa - Happy your knee is feeling better!

Judy - Welcome back.  Sounds like a great trip!

LCruns - Good job on the TM run.

Went to a "fun" class yesterday.  20 minutes/core  20 minutes/all over weight training  20 minutes yogalates.  Alot of upper body weights and my arms were screaming.  Loved ending up with the yoga stretching.

Run today with RB.

Carol

ginnyb

I also ran in the snow this morning Lisa!  Thumbing my nose at the weather!  4 miles.

Tessa...glad the knee is feeling better.

Karen...I can't believe I know someone running in Boston!  So exciting for all of us!  Are you getting butterflies?

Marjorie....love the baskets.  I told my children I wasn't getting Easter candy for the grandchildren this year...they will each get a little gift though.  We always end up with too much candy.  Did get Easter M&M's though...a must!

Judy...welcome back!  Sounds like great trip!  Glad you enjoyed yourself.  Snow welcomed you back to Ohio, lucky you.

Morning LC and all else to follow.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Wow was it stormy here last night!!  Still really blowing this morning.  I'm going to run this afternoon.  If it is still windy I'll hit the gym.  Came into work a little early so I can leave at 3.

Foster dog Buddy is doing well.  Jake is calming down too.

Got a temp crown yesterday.  ;(  At least it doesn't hurt.

Welcome back Judy!  Glad you had a nice trip.

Ok.  Soul baring time:  I'm dating a guy who works downstairs.  Marine biologist, recently divorced.  Known him for almost 20 years (we work for different groups, so would pass in the halls occasionally over the years).  Dating is SO awkward!!  Sweet guy.  Not public knowledge yet, although my kids have met him.  Wink

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Hoping this weather stays rain as the temps drop all day and we do not get the threatened "wintry mix". Taking a rest day today. When I saw the weather forecast I decided to run today's 6 after work last night, and take yesterday's rest day today. Glad I did.

I have my 6 month review for my job today. I think it will go well (my boss says I'm still wonderful), and I'm thinking it's going to turn more into planning the transition of me taking over as she eases into retirement. Which still scares the hell out of me most of the time.

Marjorie, the baskets look great. Also, you have a good DH. If mine had done what yours did with the rug, when I got mad he'd probably just tell me that obviously he can't be trusted for chores like that in the future and I would have to take care of everything myself. And then every time I'd ask him to do something, he'd tell me I shouldn't trust him and I better do it myself.

Judy, welcome back!!!! You were missed.

Tessa, glad the knee is improving.

Lisa, every time I see your DMB, I have to think about it, because I immediately think DUMB, and then no, not that.....

Laura, good to see you.

Carol, thank you for putting fun in quotation marks describing that class. Because I'm pretty sure that's not the word I'd use!

Ginny, good for you for getting out there! I am wimping out here, and it's just rain. I'm getting really excited about Boston, reading everything in sight about the marathon, the city, etc., trying to make plans to meet up with others running it.

Susan, so cool you're dating someone! I agree, it would be awkward.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sue how nice!

Karen oh he would never go there and say he can't be trusted. He wasn't even supposed to do goodwill. I was going to do it when I got home. He will just think twice before doing anything and will double check. Our temps will drop a lot today. But nothing like everyone else.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 6 miles yesterday and it was 87F at the end of the run, sigh.  8-11 tonight depending on the allergy shot and how I feel after it and the weather.

Lisa, sorry about the trail race.

Marjorie, hope your run went well and the errands too.

LC Runs, nice TM run.

judyruns, sounds like fun!  Glad you are back.

Tessa, glad to hear the knee is doing better.

Carol, sounds like a difficult class rather than a fun class, ha.

Ginny, nice 4 notwithstanding the weather.

Sue, congrats on the personal news.  Hope everything works out for you.

Karen, good luck with your review.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, welcome back, you should've met Marjorie (we can vouch she is not an ax murderer) and Camille while you were down south! Glad you had a good time.

Marjorie, re the pharmaceuticals, we had a household hazardous waste roundup here on Saturday and one of the categories they accepted was meds. I took all of the stuff we had left over from DH. And a ton of old paint, pesticides, herbicides, cleaners, and batteries.

Susan, glad Buddy is settling in. Is part of it because he and Jake are both males? They are fixed, aren't they? And squee on dating someone, nice that you've known him a long time.

Lisa, sorry DD's tournament clashes with your trail race. There will be other races. And DD won't be in HS forever. I'm glad DD's school doesn't require that spring break be Holy Week, because she would be on break this week, then back one week, then in finals. The profs would be tearing their hair out. Snow? No! No more snow!

Laura, are the TM miles because it is snowing by you too?

Carol, wow, that sounds like a class that someone would look at and think "oh, varied, it shouldn't be too bad" and then an hour later be cursing up a storm as she limps to the locker room. And curse even more the next morning when she tries to get out of bed.

Ginny, you are also badass for running in the snow. And good for you for not buying a lot of candy. I haven't bought much but I have a couple of boxes of chocolates that I have been saving for the end of Lent.

Karen, how exciting, almost there! Are you meeting up with the Maniacs? Or are others from your running club going?

Damaris, good run as usual. Ugh on 87 and probably humid as well.

I stayed up late last night and did 6.5 slow easy miles (VERY slow) between 11:30 and 1 AM. When I went out the moon looked like a cookie with a bite out of it. I was eclipse watching the whole way and by the time I got home it was in totality and definitely did have a reddish tint. No run at 3:30, needless to say, I slept until 4:45. I shall go to the gym at lunch, I think. And the knee feels better. I have a theory that the exercise benefits it by increasing blood flow to the leg and keeping the muscles active.

Tessa--yes, both are fixed males.  Hope the knee continues to improve.

Wow!   Temps really dropped today and the wind is really blowing.  Crazy weather.

I took a bunch of old lortabs and antibiotics to the pharmacy and asked how to dispose of them.  They looked at me like I was crazy.

Anonymous Guest

Apparently I am super woman that can do no wrong. At least according to my boss. It's good that she has such faith in me and my abilities, but I did reiterate that there are a couple things on my plate that scare the crap out of me, and she agreed to help me with them. Unfortunately pay raises don't come until one year, but she pretty much promised me not only a merit increase at one year, but a promotional increase as well. I had no idea I was this good - I catch myself making mistakes and doing stupid things all the time. I've got her fooled! It figures now that I have a job that I like and am apparently pretty good at, we're most likely moving in the next 2 years.

Tessa, jealous of your midnight run. It was cloudy here so we couldn't see anything. I doubt I'd have been able to stay awake late enough anyway. So also impressed that you were a) awake and b) running at that time! Yes, I am ridiculously excited. I'll try to get to the Maniac picture they do Sunday at the finish line, but most of the Maniacs I know won't be there. I'm going to see 3 or 4 former RWOL Masters posters (mostly Vermont relay runners), and a bunch of people that used to post in the BQ or bust women's marathon thread I think on RWOL marathons. One of my friends from Masters (the girl I stayed with in Albany for Mohawk Hudson) added me to their facebook group and I've been getting to know them virtually the last several months there. One of them qualified like 20 seconds faster than me, so we're in the same corral and are going to try to meet up Monday morning. Other than that, just hanging out with my mom and dad and the DH.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel