Womens Running

Marvelous Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

Congrats to all who raced this weekend!

RR: bootcamp followed by a run. 4 miles if first PT client is feeling well enough to train, 8-10 if she's still sick.

TR: was really good all weekend. we let him walk around ON and he found a ball to play with for a bit but was good and put it back when DH told him it was time to go. Woke up grumpy from his nap and laid down on the floor by his crib with one of his blankets. I jokingly asked him if he wanted to go back to bed and he jumped up and grabbed the crib. So I put him back in there and let him do his thing for 10 minutes and he was happy as can be.

NRR: weekend was fun- just went way too fast!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, hot tub.  Legs aren't too sore.  CEP sleeves are da bomb!

TR - was totally insane yesterday. peed himself in the car on the way to the race finish, nap strike, tantrums galore.

FR - probably leftover chinese from last night.

NRR - have had a headache since Saturday morning.  It's a bit late post-AF to be hormonal and I have drank SO much water/gatorade that I find it hard to believe it would be dehydration.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.5 in 54F temps... the breeze made it nice and cool..

RR2 - need to decide if i want to run a 5km this Sunday.. the race starts a mile from my house, and it's only $23 until today, but no swag...and i loathe 5km's, but my friend wants to do the race..

RR3 - tons of ppl I know ran a race this weekend and it was slightly depressing b/c up until last year, I always ran a half or a full this time of year... I had the option to run the Detroit half, but late registration was $110US, not including fees to cross the border twice, and parking...

TR - her new fave thing to do is watch videos of herself on the iPad or our phones.. DH and I have to start limiting how much time she spends watching them b/c she's throwing fits when we turn them off...yesterday she pointed and said "iPad"... ha..

rg - glad you had a nice weekend!  C always wakes up from naps happy when she's NOT with DH or I... she's usually grumpy on the weekends...

zorbs - great job on  your half!  bummer about the persistent headache.. do you take anything for it?  I find only Advil/ibuprofen really works for my headaches..

Erniegirl

RR - 8 or 9K once the sun comes up. It is dark and gloomy out right now.

TR - Still asking for her babysitter from Saturday. I'm obviously going to have to go out more often so those two can hang out Wink. She only slept from 9:30 pm until 6 am last night. That is not enough sleep. I am expecting a mid-morning meltdown.

FR - Chicken with smoked paprika marinade, roasted sweet potatoes and beets.

NRR - We got together with a few friends yesterday and did an early Halloween party for the kids, so they are all dressed in their costumes looking cute. And then after 20 minutes, they were all trying to take off their costumes and were running around half naked. I agree with RG - it was a fun weekend but went by way too fast!

~~~~~

rg - Ha ha, R just likes to relax in bed for a bit before getting up! What time is your boot camp class? Based on the time of your post, I am guessing it's an early one!

zorbs - I should buy a pair of those CEP sleeves so my legs aren't so trashed after races. Ugh on the toddler insanity. That is not what you want after a race when you just want to relax and drink your post-race booze! Weird on the headache - maybe related to the weather change?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR  - 20 mile was a success yesterday.  Legs feel great today, except for my knee.  It is not as sore as last time though.  I may try a few easy miles when DH gets home tonight.  Lots of foam rolling and yoga today.

RR#2 - CONGRATS to all the racers this weekend!  It was an exciting time to be a supermom!!!

KR - potty training success - not perfect, but well on her way!!!  She had a terrible sleep last night though - up from 1000-1100 and then again from 330-500 - I wonder if it has to do w. peeing.

FR - steak, roasted veggies ???

rg - enjoy your run, whatever distance you end up doing!  There is a man that works at ON here and he will buy the kids one of those big bouncy balls when we are shopping or he will give them an empty gift card.  They love him.  I usually let them play with the balls while I am shopping too!

zorbs - you rocked that race!  Glad your legs are feeling okay today.  Enjoy the soak!  I hope you get some relief from the headache!

cx2 - so funny that C loves the ipad.  I made a slide in photo album of DD1 when she was little and I would let her look at it during dinner making time (when she was crabby)  She loved it.  It was destroyed after a few months, but it served it's purpose.  Run the 5k, it will be fun (hard, but fun!) especially since you missed this weekends race!

ernie - sounds like a run weekend for you!  What is S being for Halloween.  The last few years we haven't done trick or treating, but my cousin has always had a Halloween party for the kids.  I saw her yesterday and there was no mention of a party, so I wonder if she is not doing it this year.  Hope S gets in some good napping for you today!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - it was supposed to be a SRD, but we're moving our LR to friday morning, and my legs feel really good, so I think I'm going to do my tempo today, easy tomorrow, MLR Wed, SRD thursday.  So today is a 8k tempo, 12k total.

TR - she cracks me up some days, I need to write down what she says!  Maybe it's less what she says, but just how funny the phrases sound coming from her little body.

BR - had a better day yesterday, but is still teething.  Her poor bum is on fire Sad

FR - freezer to slow cooker cilantro lime chicken.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Still sore Smile  No more mountain races for me.   A few miles after dinner.

TR:  Better but still having major battles of the wills.  He will eventually get the fact that I am the boss.

NRR:  DH's training was canceled for this week, woohooo!!!!!!!!

FR:  BBQ and something.

strollermama

Good morning!

RR: Either SD or a few miles on the TM tonight. It is absolutely freezing outside right now! My mileage has really stunk lately.  I ran 5 Sat and 6 Sunday but just couldn't get myself to do more.  I need to get my mileage back above 20 mpw.  Now that it is freezing and I won't sweat as much, I may start bring running clothes to work with me and seeing if I get in 20-30 minutes over my lunch.

TR: Loves the bath tub so much he has been crying lately when he has to get out.

NRR: 4 more days until I head to Myrtle Beach to see DH!! Really looking forward to a getaway. Hoping this week doesn't move too slowly. Maybe I should start running more to pass the time Smile

RG - Yep, weekend went fast although I am counting down the days.

zorbs - Great job on your race!  I may need to try out some of those CEP sleeves.  Hoping the headache goes away asap.

cx2 - $23 is a great price for a 5k but no swag?  Not even a shirt?  I hate 5ks too.

ernie - So cute about the Halloween party.  Are you training for any races right now?

eh - Way to go on the 20!!  Your pace was amazing.  I wouldn't be surprised if you ran a FM in the 3:2xs!

becky - Way to go on the trail race!  Did you get lost with a group of people at least or were you solo?  I once got lost during a mountain bike race when I was in high school and ended up by myself in a town about 20 miles away with no food, water, or phone.  I had to find a pay phone and call my mom collect.

CA - You should write them down!  I missed the show "Kids say the darndest things".  Sorry about the sore bum.  Is diaper cream not helping?  I always through a little antifungal on when diaper cream isn't doing the trick.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

ps.  I can't post on facebook this morning.  Anyone else or is it just me?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - do you hope that PT clients cancel sometimes so you can have more time for your own workout?  M puts herself to bed often if she's cranky, and it often helps.

zorbs - congrats on the great race again!  I love compression after a hard run/race.  Hope your headache goes away!

cx2 - sorry you felt out of the racing loop, there were a lot of races this weekend!  You should do the 5k, maybe it'll help with that racing bug, even if it is just a 5k.  M loves looking at pics of herself on our phones!

ernie - that must have been a good babysitter!  The halloween party sounds super fun!

r-eh - amazing 20 miler yesterday!  You are seriously speedy.  Awesome on the pt'ing for DD!

becky - yeah there's something about trails that beat up your legs, eh?  But they sure are fun!

stroller - I sometimes don't shower at lunch, it all depends, or just bring a washcloth in a ziplock and do a whore's shower Wink  Yeah we're using diaper cream, but her poo is seriously like acid and saturday she pooped 7 times!  It happens everytime she teeths.  Oh I tried to reply to something on fb and it deleted it!

Erniegirl

cx2 - Do the 5k! Even if you hate 5ks, at least it will be over with quickly.

eh - Great job on your 20 miler! Seems like a good sign the knee is not as sore. I actually have two Halloween costumes for S, so she was a dragon yesterday and then on Halloween she will be a giraffe.

CA - Are you doing your long run super early on Friday or do you have the day off? I don't get the connection, but S sometimes gets terrible diaper rash when she is teething, too. Hopefully O's clears up soon!

Becky - I'm sure the extra long race didn't help with the legs being beat up! Sounds like a fun race, despite getting lost. Yay for DH's training getting cancelled!

Stroller - My mileage was like that all summer and I hated it. I think at least being over 20 mpw makes a big difference and it will be a good way for you to pass the time! Ha ha, more evidence our kids are twins - S loves the bath, too, and always cries when I make her get out! Well, I can't say I've really been training for it, but I think I am going to sign up for a 10 mile race in November. Fb isn't working for me this morning, either.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ernie - I have friday off, We're still running sorta early but not crazy early, my kids will be in daycare, and I'm going to sit in a hot bubble bath for like an hour after my run! Smile  I think I read somewhere that something about the extra drooling when they are teething makes the rash, I don't really know why that would make it as bad as it is though.

beckykay

RG:  Nice!  C put himself to be for a little while on Saturday.  Just laid there and played with his legos.

Zorbs:  I need CEP sleeves.  I have been procrastinating in purchasing more after bosslady stole my Zensah sleeves.

Cx2:  Hahha, there are a few rps running a 5k this Saturday that is about a mile from my house as well.  I hate 5ks but want to run with rps so I am going to suck it up.

Ernie:  Weekends always fly by for me.  How fun on the early party.

Eh:  Good job on the 20!

CA:  Sad  poor O.

Stroller:  I can't either - post on FB that is.  I was the leader of the stragglers until we came upon a fork.  I ran a little to the right, a little to the left - the path to right was marked better so we ended up going that way.   Yeah they shortened the course and didn't take down the streamers so the path to the right was the long way around so we ended back at mile 12 rather than the finish.  The others stopped on the service road yelling for help.   Me  - I went rogue and jumped on a trail that I was familiar with.  I was texting Professora my location so they wouldn't worry.  I think the others were picked up by 4wheelers and taken to the finish because they didn't think they could keep going.  I wasn't running for time but couldn't help but think how much time I wasted waiting on the confused stragglers only to get lost anyway.  Longest trail run to date though.  I'm pretty sure I would run it again though.

running eh

CA - I think it is a good idea to write these things down.  I often will tell my mom the funny things the kids say and then she reminds me later.  I forget so quickly.  Hope the tempo goes well.  Poor O on the diaper rash!  Hopefully it doesn't last too long.  My SIL swears using Norwex cloths instead of wipes makes a huge difference.  I haven't tried it though.

becky - yay on DH's training being cancelled!  So, you are retiring from trail racing???  I think the trail races around here a lot more tame than the ones in the mountains.  I have that battle with DD2 everyday.  She runs the show over here.

stroller - I don't always shower after a run either. It's okay!  Yay for seeing DH again!!  I hope the days fly by - you are such a busy mom, I am sure they will.

ernie - you will have to put pics of S in her costumes on FB - so cute!

runnergirl9508

RR2: bootcamp for an hr followed by a 10 mile run. Now I want to eat all the things.

zorbs: I love my CEP compression socks! wearing them right now, in fact. do you have another PR-attempt HM planned for this year? sorry about B being such a butt yesterday. ugh on the headache, hope it's gone soon!

Cx2- cool fall temps here today too, nice run! I say go for it and run the 5K! will you run with your friend? I can totally relate to your feelings about the racing this weekend. Wineglass marathon was a coupe of weekends ago, and I purposely didn't sign up this year b/c I planned on being pg by race day. not pg, and I was really mad at myself for not training hard anyways for a possible PR attempt on my home course. I'm over it down, but I was definitely down for a few days. sigh, would be nice to have a crystal ball to look into the future to be able to plan things.

Ernie- hope you have a good sunny run later on! aw, glad that S loved her babysitter so much! we still have yet to find one other than family for R. how fun on the Halloween party- I agree, post some pics! bootcamp is 6-7am.

reh: great job on your 20 yesterday!!! take care of those knees!  yay for PT success with DD- that's awesome. that's so nice about the ON employee!

CA- hope the tempo run goes well today. I like doing LR's on Friday, it's nice to have the weekend free! Plus then I can have wine both Fri and Sat nights Wink Aw, toddlers do come out with some funny/cute stuff. I hope O's diaper rash heals up soon! Is that recipe one from Kelly? it's nice when PT clients occasionally cx- it's a bonus longer run.

becky- I wish we had more trail races around here- i'd love to run a trail half! mommy's always the boss, right? Wink yay for DH's training being cancelled- hooray!

stroller- yay for seeing DH this coming weekend!!! i'm so happy for you. hope you can get your run in later. it's supposed to be really cold here by the end of the week, with the possibility of SNOW. I can't get R out of the tub most days either- he "swims" on his belly now, it's cute. H looked adorable in that duck costume!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08