Womens Running

Fryday Daylies (Read 19 times)

Burnt out from the week?  It must be Fry Day!

Summer Friday for me but I do have some work to do. Planning on hitting the trails since I stayed out near them last night. Then some name change related stuff with government offices. :-)

Another idea for Glass City.... which I am really not talking about because I have a deep desire to do it...but since it came up and could work out am commenting on... . since it has a 6 hour time limit on the full, 4 hour on the half and it's all concrete...there is also a 5 person relay option. Same 6 hour time limit but shorter distances means faster running typically so if broken up makes it less stressful for anyone who was worried about distance/cutoff. I'd be willing to do that and even do more than one of the legs. They are 6.6, 6.3, 3.1, 4.9 5.3. Just saying that if we end up with this as the destination and you don't really care about getting another marathon finish, that could be an option. What's really cool with their relay is that since it is the exact same course someone could double enter and do it along with their longer race. You could have someone running the half or full, do the front end legs and hand off to relay person and then continue on their merry way. "If you’re not able to fill all of your team spots or someone drops out last minute, consider shifting the legs to have anyone run multiple consecutive legs. Also consider asking someone already registered for the half or full marathon to register for the relay and run the first leg for your team (must be first leg in this instance)."

Lizzie-hope the double digit run went well this morning!

Karen-30 times a day checking registration ... normal... LOL I'm assuming the Louisiana Marathon is on road, right? We could pretend we are in Toledo, Spain. LOL And somewhere exotic when at Kalahari.  Temps under 100... that isn't even funny.

Judy-being orderly is good. Library call numbers might be confusing for anyone not familiar but if you have a key to them then they would be helpful! There's always that question of where things go after they've been viewed.  The numbering would eliminate that question.

Damaris-sorry that I missed the interview part but yes, talking about directing the work of others who report but dotted line works! Happy Friday off. As far as telling your boss... just be transparent about the fact that it's a step up opportunity which you are ready to take and if you don't throw your hat into the ring for such things, the step up won't ever happen. Happy where at and not looking to leave because of anything to do with the current job, it's all about looking to grow...if it's about the location, then add that also the opportunity to work in Seattle is something that appeals to you. Worst thing that could come out of conversation is that manager now knows you are ready for increased complexity and responsibility and they give it to you in current job. Which would then make you more qualified for future promotions. Not a bad thing.

Sue-be productive and find fun in what you do! Enjoy the 5K! (oxymoron if I ever saw one... lol)

Elina-that is a lot of miles!! 86k! The Introvert Beer label was soo funny! Woohoo for the summer solstice race!

Sandy-interesting theory on the beer making you a better runner. For Europe, first DD has to get into a study abroad program but she already has purchased concert tickets to a favorite singer of hers who will be performing in Italy next spring so the rest is just details. LOL Italy is where she would be going so that's where I would go, then something to meet up with Elina.  Nothing at all definite. It will all come together, always does with me and these sort of things.  We do have great weather!

Diane-You are filling in your workout regime for sure!

Ginny-what do you think about doing the half again at RunWoodstock in September? As of now, it's just Kat staying with so there is still room at the inn.  Do you have any special connections to anyone at the water parks in Sandusky, if we were to stay at one of them for Glass City?  Glad you're back in the swing!

Cathy-Have fun in Chicago!!

Tessa-http://glasscitymarathon.org/ April 28, 2019. Ahhhh Yosemite... next year!

Lisa

LC Runs

TGIFryday!!

4 miles for me this morning, got out there early since I have a massage at 9 and a to do list as long as my arm.  Work is just crazy, the place is going to hell in a handbasket   Talk of a lot of changes, but of course nothing is concrete because it's all based on what the State is going to do.  So, they are not filling some open positions in the event they would need to lay off people.  So, more work for the same $$ which is typical. Thank god for 3 day weekends.

Lisa - I like the relay option and would be totally up for it, I've always wanted to do one!  I would be open to running more than one leg, as well.

I will try and catch up on the threads but no promises LOL!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.1 for me!

First, WHAT A GREAT DAY TO BE A CAPS FAN!!! WOW!!! What a GAME and what a TEAM!!! Man. My family cried watching Ovi carry around that Stanley Cup! We have been watching the Caps for 17 years. This is the first time they have gotten the cup in 43 years!! 43!!! Well deserved for both the team and the DC FANS!! I can image the partying going on there today!!

Okay, the run. LOL. It wasn't as humid as I thought it would be..63 degrees dewpoint at 60. At least I thought it wouldn't be that bad..but it was pretty uncomfortable. I didn't think it would slow me down much..but man, it did. Its hard to see those numbers on my watch! A lot of negative commentary was taking place in my head. I know I know..Summer months = slower running. This is just the first time I have really seen it. Other than that, the run was good! I took my handheld water bottle with me. That is going to take some getting used to! Was nice having it though. What wasn't nice were the 8+ spider web attacks I encountered. I am sure I woke the neighbors! Good run..but I hate Summer.

Busy weekend. Leaving early tomorrow for a hair apt up North..then heading up to my brothers (DC area). We are celebrating Fathers Day since Fathers Day weekend, my brother and SIL will be in Richmond for a beer event (that is when we are babysitting). We will probably stay the night tomorrow since Ruger will be with us. Not positive though. Should be fun! Lots to celebrate Smile

Docket – I am the same way, I always think I did bad. I am sure you did better than you thought. Karen is right, we are our toughest critics! Did they say they would call you?? Any kind of timeline?

Karen – Wow, nice workout yesterday! Under 100 degrees motivates you? NO. That is wrong. LOL. What a great idea for a Fathers Day gift!! Awe, he will love that.

Tessa – Glass City is 4/22. Are you racing tomorrow?!?! Did I miss something!?

Lisa – Funny. On my podcast this morning they were talking about McDonalds fries..about some salt machine that adds the same amount of salt to eat batch of fries. Apparently every single McDonalds puts the exact same amount on. Weird. Lucky you with Summer Fridays!!! I used to have those when I worked in DC. Sigh. LOVE that idea for Glass City!! Have fun on the trails today..and YAY ON THE NAME CHANGE!!! Smile

Have FRIYAY!!!! If you need me I will be napping in my office. Up until 11:30 watching the game...up at 3am to run. YIKES.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – OH NO. I hope there are no layoffs!!! Hang in there. Yes, those 3 day weekends you have are WELL DESERVED. YES COME TO GLASS CITY!!!!

Okay. Now I am really excited for Glass City Bachelorette Marathon weekend.

Seloc

Fryday indeed!  So happy we made it through this long week.  Whew!  TRX/Bells class per the usual Friday morning.  These heavier weights wipe me out!  And I didn't even stay up to watch the Caps.  Reading another awesome book - All The Ugly and Wonderful Things  That's all I've got!!

Damaris - I bet you did MUCH better than you think.  Excited for you!

Karen - what a cool gift for your dad.  Whoa, OTF and then more miles??  Badass!!  It's funny how our reality shifts, isn't it?  You thinking "it's under 100* so I'll go run in the shade" reminds me of "well, it's above 0* and there is no wind" haha

Lizzie - haha I thought the same when I saw the Davis post yesterday hahaha.  I thought of you this morning when the "cake by the ocean" song came on in class.  Nice miles!  Ew on the spider attacks.  Hey, I should have the same weather for my run tomorrow.  I agree, a touch humid but not horrible.  Yeah for the Caps!  So super exciting!  Man, busy weekend for you.  Though fun.  I need to drum up some fun, I think, or I will get bored by Saturday afternoon.  That is NOT much sleep, girl!  How do you even function??  Hope you have a chill day that goes fast.  What's for dinner tonight?

Elina - omg that sounds like an AWESOME summer weekend!  I love combining friends, running and beer.  Who me??  Cracking up at the Introvert beer!  Must find!  Cracking up at the visual I have of mini-K stalking the kit kat hahahaha  video please!!

Cathy - sounds like a fun weekend in Chicago!  Oh wow, 43* - do you guys stay cooler because of the lake?  Hooray for last day of school.  What do the girls do all summer?  Kinda that in between age where they don't really need childcare but... ?  Um, yeah, a 700 page book intimidates me LOL

Ginny - way to get back at it!  Did you make it out for a run this morning?  Are you LOVING summer?

Lisa - wow, that's great news about Glass City.  Sounds like that might work for many!  That's awesome DD already has tickets for next spring haha.  No doubt she'll get into her program.  How fun!  I'm with you on how things come together.  That sounds like it'll be a GREAT trip!

Laura - ugh on all the work drama.  Stressful!  Have a nice relaxing massage!

I'm excited for Glass City!!

Seloc

Oh yeah!  Belmont Stakes tomorrow.  Go Justify!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was a jacket morning for a little while but I got in a good 50 minutes out the trail. More ospreys were visible. I saw a head sticking out of the nest and another adult nearby guarding. They have been more quiet so they must have small nestlings.

This morning I plan to run the trail.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

Lizzie, Caps!!! Yay!

I have a 12k trail run planned tomorrow (4pm start, yay!), then easy run at the beach on Sunday (DH's idea). Today I just want some junk food and do nothing. At. All. Didn't have the most productive of weeks and boss is back next week, so preparing for s---storm starting from Monday.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

TGIF!!!  Swam this morning.  Shoulder was really stiff--I think I injured the rotator cuff when I flipped off my bike a few years ago and it has been bothering me lately.  ;( By the end of the swim it was better. I guess I just need to swim more!

Damaris--When you you find out about the interview? Fingers crossed for you!

Elina--Midsummer party weekend sounds like a blast!

I need to meet with the florist today.

Have a good day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

5.5 for me total yesterday along with yoga class.  Rest day today.

Sue, I hurt my shoulder years ago when I came off a horse.  Sometimes it hurts but doing the rower has helped some.

Hi everyone.

Elina, not sure if you are interested or not but I sent you a couple of emails with links to articles on convenience stores in Europe.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Thinking of registering for OTF tonight as the class looks fun!  And it's my Friday off!!!!

Thanks for the words.  IF I pass this round, I would need to interview in person or video in two weeks (around the time of our marathon, sigh, so I'll have to ask the boss for more time off).  We also check housing in Seattle and, compared to Miami, it's very affordable.  We could even get a house there (something we can't afford here unless we move 45-60 mins away from downtown without traffic).

Lisa, yeah, I'll see when I can talk to him.  Remember he is the new boss and comes to the office every 3 weeks.  Never time to talk extensively with him and this is not something you can say good morning, BTW, to.

Laura, sounds like our office (not adding people which means more work for us).  Good luck.

Liz, nice run!

Sandy, heavy weights are good, though!  Keep at it.

Judy, enjoy the trail.

Elina, good luck tomorrow.

Susan, nice swim.

Diane, nice run.  Enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I ran 9 this morning. At least I think I did. Garmin support told me to do a restore to factory defaults on my 235 to try to fix the HR monitor issue, so I did that last night. Now it won't connect via bluetooth to my phone or via charging cord to my computer. So the run won't download. Grumble grumble. Anyway, it was a tough run. Weather was a little cooler (77, feels like 84 when I started), but between the 5 and 6% grades on the TM and all the squats yesterday at OTF, my legs did not want to get out there and run today! I am so tired now, I was standing in the shower after putting conditioner in my hair and wondering if I'd have enough energy to keep standing there long enough to shave my legs. Perhaps a nap later.

My friend is not coming over this afternoon with her kids like we originally planned (thank goodness), we're just going to talk after our run tomorrow morning. I am still extroverting at a neighborhood thing tonight though. And I've got a lot of paperwork to do today as I'm also meeting with the coach for the walkers tomorrow. Need to figure out what we need to go over.

I was just looking at Glass City registration - it's cheap! Currently $70 for the marathon and $50 for the half. Relay idea is a good one.

I may have to go take a nap. Personals later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Elina, not sure if you are interested or not but I sent you a couple of emails with links to articles on convenience stores in Europe.

Wow, thanks! I will certainly read them. I also have a 90 page pdf on convenience stores, but have been too tired to focus on the report. Have to find a good moment for that and your links too. Once again, thanks!!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OMG I could fall asleep at my desk.

Have to head to the grocery on my way home. Ugh. Only need to get two things so shouldn't be that bad. Then hopefully a nice long NAP.

Sandy – Awesome job this morning! Heavier weights are good for you! Smile You’ll probably be starving today. I think the only way im functioning is from the high of running. I will die soon. Haha. Actually, I tend to feel the effects of little sleep the day after. Naps in the car! HCF and I have been craving salmon! So I think I am going to do that tonight. I have to pick up a dessert for this weekend, too. I was supposed to make something but I just didn’t have the time! During the Stanley Cup game last night I kept seeing commercials for the Belmont Stakes and thought of you! I remember watching Justify post race Smile

Judy – I need this jacket weather you speak of.

Kilmisters – Good luck tomorrow!! Enjoy your weekend. A beach run sounds awesome! Try not to think about Monday.

Susan – Nice swim! Sorry your shoulder was bothering you.

Diane – Enjoy your rest day! You earned it!

Docket – I am crossing my fingers for you! Imagine running in Seattle! That would be enough to sell me LOL.Have a good workout tonight!

Karen – Nice job on the 9! Hmmm…that is odd about your Garmin. Can you call support again? Your Garmin is somewhat new! LOL at the shaving of legs Smile Good luck on your extroverting weekend. Retirement sure is busy! Should we make the decision on Glass City?!

Have a good evening everyone!

Bikerchick1

Lisa - My head was spinning with all of your thoughts on the relay....

Short on personals today...sorry...I have a grandchild here that I am sharing the IPAD with for games...LOL.

I am totally IN for Glass City Smile  I have to look to see if I am up for Full for that time period, or if no full for me, could do relay if needed Smile.

Nice run this morning with RB.

Hope everyone is having a great day!  I started mine with a great run!

Carol