Womens Running

BACK TO ROUTINE TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 20 times)

gsdrunner

Hope you all enjoyed your labor day weekend!

gsdrunner

Morning!

It back to work routine for our family. School starts today in this area, so the vacationers will be gone and traffic back to normal.

So, lots to do lots to changes, etc. Fun times Smile

RR: Hoping to get 5 in before M wakes up or get it done at nap time.

NRR: DH starts working again (remote work with some traveling until we move). To clear up things.... the new job is in NYC, so we will be moving up there.  We hope to find something in CT maybe in NY, possibly northern NJ. CT is our first choice, but we will have to speak with our CPA to get a better idea on how to work things, (keeping our house, renting, and thinking about not changing our licenses and car). We have time to move and will rent for some time maybe 6 months.  I will be finding the place and doing much of the packing.... it will be tough, but well worth it.

Have a great day!

taylorma1

gsd-good luck with all the new changes coming your way. And I think you meant it to be Tuesday Divas today. I am all confused on the day of the week too

RR: I rolled my ankle during my LR yesterday. I was running so, so well, and was so angry when that happened. So frustrated now, but I am taking care of it and hopefully it will be good soon

NRR: weekend was alright. We celebrated my uncle's birthday by going out dancing, which was fun. Other than that I just studied all weekend. More of the same this week. But i can't wait for this coming weekend because I will be going back to Chicago and get to see DBF again!

lizo_77

it's Tuesday! Smile haha.

RR: good weekend of workout out. nothing too intense. got the TM on saturday so did 2.3 on it. Then 3 on it on Sunday, and 3 miles this morning outdoors. It was beautiful out. 60 degrees, stars out. The only downside is getting attacked by a cat. lol.  I clapped, and stamped my foot and it stopped its headlong, bushy tailed advance and took off in the opposite direction.

NRR: good weekend! M and I hung out on friday night, saturday TM arrived then we went to the lake on saturday afternoon. Went golfing and fishing ( I caught a 21 inch walleye Smile ) , then I worked for an hour or so. Then sunday we went fishing again. sunday I worked a couple of hours, then yesterday worked almost a full day here at work. boo that. but I got to work early enough that I was able to leave about 2pm. then went home and napped. M was sweet. He came to pick me up for lunch yesterday and then we went and picked up burgers and ate at a park together. then it was back to work for me while he went to the gym and grocery store.

gsd: big changes coming your way! good luck to your DH as he starts a new job.

taylor: boo about the studying all weekend! hope the dancing was fun! sorry about the ankle! hope it recovers quick.

later ladies!

gsdrunner

LMAO! I changed it.. welcome to Tuesday Big grin

SassySparky

Hi divas! I edited this for typos and added some details ...

RR: well I have had a runnerful week so far! I did my LR on Sunday at my mom's place. I did 8 then looped back and picked up big d. We got a little lost and so did 9.1 together for a grand total of 17.1 instead if 16! I recovered really well and felt pretty awesome though. It was nice to have that 90 minutes together to talk and plan and reconnect. We have the best convos when we run together, and it's working out well becuase I'm getting faster and he hasn't been running as much, so our paces match pretty well. Then yesterday afternoon I did 3 hilly miles and they were tough because it was 90 with 85% humidity (heat index if 100!).  This morning did 6 that felt pretty good once I got warmed up; I did my flat route that I had to drive to but it was worth it for rest for the old quads.

NRR; we had a really nice weekend in Florida visiting with my mom and her family. Travel with a toddler was decent, there was a minor meltdown at the end of the plane ride yesterday (close to lunch and nap time). On Saturday,  G ate too many blueberries then went swimming ... so he threw up in a salad bar restaurant and we had to rush out. LOL. That was his first time ever throwing up (he never spit up as an infant, maybe once or twice). We got back yesterday at noon and had a nice evening together as a family. The big thing in Florida was golf carts - both my grandparents and my mom and stepdad have one, so Griffin loved to go for rides. in fact by the end of the weekend we could just say "Do you want to go for a ride?" and he would yell "Riiiiiiide" and grab his hat and run to the door to go out to the cart. Ridiculously adorable! He also met his first cat, which he loved.

gotta go I'm on the bus and it is standing room only. Too hard to type personals!!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Bah, haven't done anything in almost a week. I'm hoping that a week off does the trick, so assuming PF feels ok, I'll try some easy miles tomorrow. I feel so gross.

NRR: What a weekend! We had a great time, but man was I glad to get home! I'm not so much a fan of hotel rooms, and 4+ hour drives with a baby. The wedding was fun, C was such an angel, literally did not make ONE sound throughout the entire ceremony. It's like he knew something important was happening! I had gotten him a cute little suit to wear, it's 12 month size.. and we couldn't button the top button! OMG what a giant! He turned 5 months yesterday. My mom is on vacation this week, so C and I are heading over there after he naps this morning (oh PLEASE nap C...) so I can work for a few hours.

GSD - Exciting changes for you!

Taylor - Ugh, sorry about the ankle! I hope it feels better ASAP.

Lizo - Sounds like a nice weekend. Ha, attacked by a cat? that's not something that happens every day!

Gotta go...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

melrunner

Morning girls!!

GSD big changes coming our way! How exciting!!!! Best of luck with everything!

Taylor, so sorry about your ankle. RICE: have fun this upcoming weekend in Chicago!

Lizo, great Job with your workouts. Love that you two had a picnic. I wish we could do that but its still so so hot here. 

TriR 11 mile LR Saturday instead of 16 my PF flared up a bit so I cut my run short. 92 mile Bike Ride Sunday, rest day yesterday, 8 mile run tonight after work.

NtriR had a nice weekend with plenty of naps! Saw my BFF and her newest addition to the family he's 8 days old! Adorable! Napped Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Back to the work grind today. Blah.... On Friday I had a breast ultrasound annual check up done, everything looks good. Still crossing fingers that my insurance company will cover the genetic testing. No calls yet so maybe that's a good thing...

Have a great day girls!!

monk717

Morning divas! Short week, hopefully it doesn't feel super long! Only EIGHT days til DH and I go to Vegas!

RR: Tried to run 5 on Saturday. Was going to get up early after feeding P because I knew it was supposed to be hot. Well, didn't have a great night of sleep and everyone slept in. So I headed out in the afternoon and it didn't feel too bad at first, but was really humid. Anyway, shortened to my 4-mile route, but gave up at 3 and walked the last mile home. Was disappointed, but made up for it yesterday! The weather was way nicer so I took advantage of the extra time to get 5 in... and felt so awesome, I ran 5.5!! It was quite surprising how amazing I felt the last 2 miles. Only problem is now my right hip flexor hurts, hopefully its nothing serious. I think running will be exponentially easier once the weather gets and stays cool. I'm signed up for a 5K on 9/22 and my goal 10K on 10/26!

NRR: P's sleep issues are totally a matter of getting enough food in him during the day. I accomplished that on Thursday night and felt so refreshed on Friday. Well Friday during the day he only had two solid meals... until I gave him a third at 12:15 am! Anyway, all weekend that was my goal to get enough food in him and we've had three nights in a row of sleeping all night, yay! It seems he was a little less interested in eating yesterday so maybe it was a long growth spurt and we can relax a bit now? Who knows. Anyway... I was a little disappointed with all we didn't do over the long weekend, but it was still nice to have the long weekend. We went to a family picnic two hours north on Sunday and that was fun but also not... I was feeding P the whole time and DH was stuck taking A to the playground. None of the other kids she knows ended up being there. It was nice visiting with relatives I hadn't seen in awhile and who hadn't seen P yet, but DH didn't really have a great time. Yesterday was a nice combo of getting stuff done and relaxing.

SassySparky

Alright time for personals! The bus ride stunk - literally. It was standing room only and I was nose to armpit with a woman who WAS NOT WEARING DEODORANT. In 2013.

GSD - sounds like some awesome changes for you guys!

Taylor - I rolled my ankle on Sunday afternoon running around my mom's house with G. Fortunately it was ok after I iced it for a few minutes. Hope yours heals quickly!

Lizo - sounds like a perfect weekend! How's the TM?

MA - I hope the foot eases up soon! I can't believe C is that BIG! Holy moly. I can't stand long car rides with G. There's nothing we can do. The only tip I have for hotel rooms is to get a suite if you can afford it or find one where you are going. We set G up in a separate room so he can fall asleep at 7;30 and we can hide out and watch tv in the other room.

Meli - Aww wee bbabies! I hope that everything is coverted by insurance!

Monk - getting those kids to eat is tough! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 easy along the river. First time in a while I've run that pace on that route. It was dark/cloudy and sprinkling, which was a nice change. I also thought about some different running goals to set for the fall/winter, as it's my best running season. ST tonight.

NRR: Well Fay and I had a fun adventure this weekend, and I was able to completely unwind from everything. We backpacked (well, I backpacked, Fay walked) in on Friday, slept most of the day Saturday, and came out on Sunday. I feel so much better. Work should be fairly easy this week, too.

GSD - Big changes, indeed! Good luck with all the planning!

Taylor - Oy! Sorry about the ankle. I hope it rests up. I hate rolling my ankle. It's kind of like when I drip something on myself, like am I really this uncoordinated?

Lizo - Nice job on the fish!! Did you eat it or put it back? Sorry you had to work so much this weekend. Maybe you can take a day off after your deadline?

Sassy - Good job on the LR this weekend! I hate to say this, but I laughed when you said G threw up in a salad bar restaurant.. not sure why, maybe because it was a salad bar restaurant? Poor kid..sounds like he had a good time with the golf carts, though.

MA - Wow, I cannot believe how big C is!! Were either you or DH really big as kids?

Mel - Dang, sorry about the PF! You have ... 8 or 9 weeks left until the IM?

Monk - Glad you enjoyed the long weekend. It's a matter of perspective, though.. what all did you do vs. what you didn't.

melrunner

OWR, 8 weeks till the race. 7 weeks left of training which is really 6 training weeks and one week taper. AAAAAKKK!! I want to ride 100+ every Sunday from now on. We met our Coach on Friday to reassess where we are at . He is happy with where we are at. My PF can flare up at times, but a few days of rest is all I need. I loved the photos that you posted on FB of the camping trip.

Sassy, Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Loved the golf cart photos!

Monk, Yay for 5 1/2 miles running!!

Marunner, I hope your PF eases up. I know too well how frustrating that can be.

SassySparky

OWR - glad you had such anice weekend with Fay, the pics were beautiful! Yeah ... it was a place called Sweet Tomatoes! Not sure why I had to clarify that it was a salad bar restaurant, hahahaha, but he tossed his cookies as Big D was making his plate so we just left our salads sitting there and left!

MA runner girl

Sassy - Whoa, I'm jealous that G never spit up! C is pretty bad, though it's gotten a LOT better in the last month. Thank goodness! Poor guy though, eating too many blueberries! We went with our inlaws for the weekend, so we put C down and went to thier room, which was nice. It's more that he's so darn noisy lol I'm used to not being in the same room anymore.

Monk - I feel like it's so hard at this age to get them to eat a lot. C is just not interested! He will be looking at everything but me. And it's not like I have a bottle and can follow his mouth! I find it easier though to feed him when he's sleepy for a nap, then he seems more concentrated on the task. Though that's not often!

Meli - That darn PF! Just when you think it's good... ugh! I hope yours is ok for your run tonight. Nice ride!

Outwest - loved your pics from the weekend! Looks like a nice trip.

Alright, back to work!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Alright time for personals! The bus ride stunk - literally. It was standing room only and I was nose to armpit with a woman who WAS NOT WEARING DEODORANT. In 2013.

Sometimes I forget to put deodorant on in the morning...Shocked I've probably been that lady before, hahaha. Whoops!