Womens Running

Sugar Cookie TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Sugar Cookie Day!!

Coincidentally, I had a sugar cookie for breakfast this morning. It had icing on it and was in the shape of a flip flop. 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8 miles for me! Body pump after work.

Good run! We are still experiencing some cooler than average weather - 61. It is creeping back up again though. I am enjoying it! I need to get a new pair of shoes. I already have 2 pairs of Mizunos in the rotation..I need another pair. I want the Saucony Triumphs..but DAMN they are $160!!!! They dont have my size in last years model. Bummer.

Did I mention that I am really happy I hired a wedding planner FULL TIME? I got in an argument with my mom last night BECAUSE I hired a wedding planner.  Help.

Hopefully work goes quickly today! I say that everyday Smile

Kilmisters – What an awesome holiday!

Run4kupcakes – Are you putting in the floors yourself? We are hiring. That reminds me that I need to get them out there to do an estimate.

Happy Tuesday!

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3.5 yesterday and 3.2 today.  We are having hot and humid weather but the mornings have been pleasant.

Work is...well, work.  Enough said LOL

Lizzie - so exciting about the wedding venue and planner.  Wedding planners were not a thing when I got married back in the day  (1992) but I would absolutely need one now, I can't plan my way around anything 

Karen - Happy Belated Birthday (I got you covered on Facebook though)!!  Hope it was a good day!

Ugh, well, guess I better get back to it......Have a great day everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I have been often tempted to eat ice cream for breakfast or at least a frozen fudge bar. 

Monday I was tired from the long run yesterday and not enough sleep. I have corrected the sleep problem. I did 40 minutes of cardio dvd and that at least woke me up.

Today I plan a trail run early and a few errands. I’ll need ice.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

I had a headache and didn't sleep well. Blew off this morning's run.

Lizzie----DD had a wedding planner and she was awesome!!! Took care of EVERYTHING and added some special touches too. We had a lovely, enjoyable, drama-free ceremony. Except for running out of chicken tenders at the reception, everything was great.

Our DJ has functioned as the wedding planner.  He has scripted/planned the reception, coordinated reception vendors, and sent us many reminders of things to do before the wedding. He is the bomb.  Your mom shouldn't be giving you any grief over this--it's YOUR day!!!

My supervisor's supervisor is here today to visit another office.  He will probably pop in for a minute. If he asks, I will let him know how it has been going.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Grumpy D will stay grumpy today, as I don't like cookies.  I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

Liz, nice run.  You are too nice to your mom.  I would be telling her to go fuck herself and threaten to uninvite her.  But that's just me. Smile  Reason why we got married in HI while living there with no one around us.  Made for a happier day.  Glad you have one so not to worry about a thing.

Laura, nice run.

Judy, I have eaten ice cream sundaes for breakfast.  Yum.

Susan, good luck with the supervisor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Liz...I frequently indulge in so-called forbidden foods in the morning!  I figure I will burn it off during the day, works for me!  Sorry you argued with your mom again over the wedding.  Makes eloping sound like a good idea at times doesn't it?

SDO for me today, back at it tomorrow.

I have to go shoe shopping at a running store, just cannot find the right shoe.  My feet are so weird as I have gotten older, wider in the forefoot, really narrow at the heel and a tendency to go numb and cramp, especially if the shoe hits me in a certain spot, in the ball of my right foot...wish I could just run barefoot.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Oh man a frosted sugar cookie sounds good!  I had a graham cracker with my coffee.  

Kat - cracking up at getting your mom tipsy.  How was the riverwalk?  I was there once yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrs ago and it was such a cool spot from what I remember!  Safe travels to your mama today.

Cathy - awesome long run this past weekend!!  So do you have to carry your phone when you run if you are on-call?  Or maybe you always carry your phone?  I do not.  Figured they can wait haha.  I used to have to carry a pager AND a phone back in the day when on-call was busier.  Ya know, at the beginning of the Internet   Man this Mr. Math is quite talented!  I've been stalking your weather - I think I want to move there.  I for SURE want to visit and check out the lake front and all the brew pubs!!  Hope your one on one goes well today!

Diane - thanks for sharing your story.  I think I've been reading the forum since your beginning!

Elina - yeah that weekend was TOO introverted.  According to Myers Briggs I'm actually borderline so it's best if I can find a balance.  Was getting pretty grumpy and bored by Sunday evening.  LOL loved your observations.

Ginny - I go through spurts of not reading much.  For some reason right now I've been voracious haha.  Thanks for the new rec!  I've put that first book on request.  Says it's available in 113 days.  Nice run AND legs yesterday!  Enjoy the SDO today - you earned it.  Good luck with the shoe shopping!

Karen - glad you had a nice low key birthday!  I had forgotten that is also Riley's "gotcha" day - if there is such a thing for pups haha  Cracking up at you wanting to drive somewhere to run - TOTALLY get that!  I'm always on the group text with the fast girls - which is good so I know where they are going so I can avoid when I want to.  Like today hee hee.  Oh I was not at all keen on chatting with that Target clerk.  She kept commenting on my purchases!  "ooooh that coffee smells good", "oh, I like Powerade, too!".  Plus her perfume was SO STRONG I was holding my breath!  Blech.

Lizzie - ohhhhhhhhhhh bridal SHOW not bridal SHOWER   My bad.  I was thinking that 15 months before the wedding was kinda early for a shower but what do I know.  Ugh sorry for the drama with your mom.  Super happy on the planner - sounds like that's going to be a huge win!  Been stalking your weather, too haha.  Looking pretty good over there!

Hi Laura!  nice consistent miles.  You're not dabbling with another streak, are you?    Hot and humid here, too.  2018 has not been my favorite weather at all.  Too extreme!  We hit our 11th 90* day yesterday and we only average 13.

Grumpy D - LOLOLOL  sorry, couldn't resist.  You are cracking me up.  How can you not like cookies?!!  What is your indulgence?

5.5 crappy sweaty miles this morning.  Ditched the fast girls and went solo.  Still ran into these walker chicks I know and the two neighbors with dogs.  At least the one always super shy and like she doesn't want to chat so I can just say hello and carry on.

Work is busy with bossman out.  And, it seems, when the cats away my coworker will play.  He was MIA yesterday.  How is that ever acceptable?  I don't get it.  Back to the grind.  Have a good Tuesday.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I so did not want to get up when Riley woke me up at 6. I almost went back to bed, but I stayed up. Had some coffee then went out to run. In my neighborhood again - when it's earlier there's less chance of running into people. The only ones out are those going to work, and they don't have time to stop and chat. I ended up running 7.4 miles and making it a progression run, 9:49, 9:38, 9:34, 9:23, 9:15, 9:05, 8:54, 8:47 for the last 0.4. That got hard at the end - the sun came out, it was getting hotter and hotter, and I ran out of gears. Pretty happy I was able to do that though. Temps and dew point were in the mid to upper 70s. I was drenched. Sweat was dripping off my shorts they were so soaked through - looked like I'd been in the pool.

Today I'm going to go through my closet and get rid of a bunch of old clothes and shoes. It is just a mess in there and I know I haven't worn a bunch of the stuff in there probably since we moved down here. Oh, Riley and I celebrated my birthday last night:

Liz, I am so so so glad you hired a wedding planner. On the floors, we did the wood floor in our old house and some of the laminate floors ourselves, then hired someone to do the other laminate. What took us a week they did in like two hours. So when we moved here, we didn't even consider doing it ourselves!

Laura, nice job getting out there in the cool mornings. I never remember to wish anyone a happy birthday on facebook, so I'm impressed you got me there. Thanks.

Judy, I have been getting great sleep - we started turning the a/c way down at night. The only problem is it's harder to get up and out from under the blankets in the morning!

Susan, hope you're feeling better and any meeting with the supervisor goes well.

Damaris, how can we be so alike in some ways and so different in others. I'm laughing at what your response to mom would be in Lizzie's situation. My response was more like eh, whatever you want, you're paying for it.

Ginny, just another reason for you to come down and visit me. We could take a break from hanging out at the pool in the heat and go down to my shoe store to get expert fitted for shoes!

Sandy, I missed Ginny's book rec, gonna have to go back and look at yesterday's thread. High five to you on the crappy sweaty miles. Seems like you have been having a lot of unusually hot days this summer.

ETA: I guess I did see Ginny's book rec, but I'd already read the books. No excitement for me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, yummy cupcakes!  And yes, but at least we are similar in what matters (running and training, ha).  You have not given me any progressive runs, I'm surprised.  #nowiknowhatscoming

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Sugar Cookie Day!    DD insisted on buying the Nestle chocolate chip cookie dough that you heat up individually and I made a few last night.  That will be my cookie celebration.    44 minute fartlek this morning, I need to do some strength tonight.  The humidity was back, though it wasn't horrible.  Already 70 degrees at 5 AM though.

Lizzie, nice 8!  It's cooler there than here!  Enjoy!  My Saucony Triumphs are still almost brand new, I haven't needed to wear my long run shoes yet.    Sigh, sorry about the issues with your mom.  Did she figure that you didn't need a wedding planner because you have her?     Yeah, fast co-worker's easy pace is now under 8 minute miles.  He ran a 5K in under 21 minutes a few weeks ago.

Happy Tuesday, Laura!  

Sue, hope the headache went away!

Damaris, your honesty is refreshing.     No progressive runs, be careful what you ask for.    Haha, progressive runs are fun.

Ginny, I have been wearing my Topo Ultrafly shoes for my long runs, they have been working well.  They are wide in the forefoot, supposed to allow for natural toe splay.  My feet are on the narrow side but they work for me.  They are still cushioned.  They are a lower drop though, 5 mm.  The other Topo shoes are zero drop.

Sandy, yes, I have to carry my phone when I am on call.  It works out nice because I get phone notifications on my Garmin.  Otherwise I would probably not hear it ring!    Otherwise I don't usually carry my phone with me except for long runs.  Never know what may happen.    Yeah, we had pagers also.  And back in the day, the phone in the bag!  Mr Math did have to do some planning for that run, the middle of the E's do not have a road that goes all the way through.  But he discovered that if you pause your Garmin while running, run a bit and start it again, it will draw a straight line from where you ended.  So it was a little over 8 miles based on the Garmin, but really over 10 miles of running!  Plus he had to get home afterwards.    The weather has been decent lately.  It's supposed to get really humid on Sunday, but the mornings are tolerable.  You should move here.    Nice sweaty run!  Well, at least when you get sweaty you feel like you accomplished something.  My one on one was moved to tomorrow.  Usually no one talks to me while I run.  Everyone was in a great mood on Saturday though so I had a lot of people talk to me while running.  It was weird.  

Karen, wow, nice progression!  Nice looking cupcakes too.  It sounds like you had a great low-key birthday!   I finished Behind Closed Doors.  It was good!  Though the ending in Thailand seemed a little prolonged, with the super fast rate of speed the rest of the book went.  I haven't read the Crazy, Rich Asian books.  More books to add to my list.  

Elina, nice that you had a holiday!  Yes, everyone is different when you are with a kid.  When I ride my bike with kids, all the cars stop for them.  They don't do that when I am alone.  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie just keep reminding yourself that you are her only daughter and she's excited for you and wants desperately to be part of it.

My first wedding was the church thing, wedding dress, etc and I did almost all.  Current DH and I went to a haunted hotel, got married at dusk by a pastor and did the ghost tour that night, it was just DD and her friend with us...it was so much better than the first.  But to each their own.

Damaris you don't like cookies?  I'm eating a bunch of mini cookies right now along with my coffee.

Had an eye doc appt. this morning...now I have to get bifocals.  Geez I hate getting older.

Sandy I think you are right...I joined RW when I started and then moved here.  I'd never known there was the internet for runners...lol.

During vacation I got to thinking about what I'd do if I couldn't run (walk) events or if I just decided to quit and the prospect was just too bleak.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

dhuffman63, the haunted wedding sounds fantastic! That must have been a lot of fun.  Oh, I never could adjust to bifocals because of having to rock my head back. My neck said, "We are NOT doing this!". 

Lizzie, as the oldest here I can say that many years ago the wedding was considered the" mother of the bride's party". Now things customs have changed, and it is a very good thing they have. It's SO much better to let it be the bride and groom's party. DH and I just went over to the church and got married...no party. I never regretted it. 

Ginny, I need a 12mm drop for running shoes. Our feet get more opinionated as we get to be older runners. LOLOLOL

Damaris, ooo! The sunday sounds great for breakfast. Hmmmm. I have some low fat chocolate syrup too....

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Nice miles the past couple days! Have you watched High Five on Netflix?? AWESOME show!

Judy – There is nothing wrong with ice cream for breakfast. Stay cool on that long run!

Susan – Man, you are so lucky to have your DJ doing most of the planning. That is so awesome!! Sorry about the headache Sad

Docket – Okay, I laughed out loud at what you said about my mom LOL. I mean, deep down yes, I want to say that hahaha. I can’t believe you don’t like cookies! At least you like ice cream Smile Good luck with the run later!

Ginny – I thought I read that it is better to eat fattening foods in the morning? Maybe I just tell myself that. LOL. YES!! I wish HCF wasn’t a groomzilla and then I SOOO would elope! Enjoy the rest! Probably best to go get fitted for a shoe.

Sandy – Nice miles this morning. How are you warmer than we are? You must live in a very active community. LOL. I never see anyone!! So your co-worker just doesn’t show up when the boss isn’t here? Ew. If it’s the smelly one..maybe he went to take a shower. I will move to Milwaukee with you!!!! LOVED IT THERE!! Okay, the Target clerk commenting on your purchases. THAT WOULD ANNOY ME. Aren’t you early in stalking weather for RVA? Smile Kidding. You know..every year the Richmond Marathon has perfect weather..watch it not be perfect this year. Okay I am knocking on wood.

Karen – Wow, nice run this morning speedy!! YUM the cupcake looks good! Love the doggy cupcake Smile Awe. Have fun going through your closet. That does not sound like a fun post birthday activity. When does the treadmill get there?

Cathy – YAY for farleks! LOL. Nice job! I believe you were the one that called the issues with my mom Wink She does real estate on the side (she really doesn’t need to work) and she sold my brother his house. He said he would never do it again. So now that he wants to move to Richmond..he is trying really hard to find a way to not have her involved. LOL. You need to buy a new house – Sandy and I are moving in.

Diane – Oooo a haunted hotel sounds interesting.!!

Judy – I agree – much better to have it be the bride and grooms party! I like you idea of just going and getting married though Smile Now I am craving an ice cream sundae!

I am off to walk someone around the building. Real exciting over here!

Kilmisters

Hi! Quick check-in as I once again barely have time for anything. Few lines after today's tempo miles:

Complaint: It's insanely hot and humid here, even postponing run till 8pm didn't help; tempo workout in this weather felt insane. Not far from the ''this is how I die'' HM in Amsterdam w K still as ''passenger''. Honestly. I know Damaris and few others here have it worse, but I was not raised/prepared for this Big grin

(Mini)Exaggeration: If it stays the same on Sunday (another speedwork day) I'll either do it at midnight or move to Alaska the day before

Confession: 3 hours of sleep and mini-portion soup as the only food for the day probably didn't help. Oh, and coffee. Gallons.

Joy: I hit the needed paces, squeee!

Complaint/Confession#2: The work stress is making me grumpy, bringing out all the worst characteristics; I am often very unkind to people who've done no wrong. Have tried to work on this, but no change.

Observation: After doing the hard runs on the same remote, no-curve roads all the time; I bet a time will come when I will walk there and tell my grandkids about ''those tough summers of HM training'' Big grin

Joy#2: Sunset runs are beautiful, especially with meadow trails as part of cool-down miles (but, seriously, Mother Nature, turn the damn heater down)

P.S. Diane; I noticed the LIDL message; will check it out; appreciated!!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris