Womens Running

Muscle Building Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I'm working on it.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was 15 minutes of running, then 35 minutes of cardio DVD

Saturday I did a similar thing.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. It was around 32° but I dressed in lots of layers. In fact, I wore 4 shirts under my lined jacket.   It was a good thing. My upper body tends to cramp up if I am too cold when I run.

Today will be a run/cardio thing since I am going to a lecture in the early evening.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Sounds like a great week-end of activities.

Lisa - I am sure that the Poto trail is just beautiful in the Summer and Fall!  1 of my RB's loves to run trails, but never has done a formal trail event....she loved the atmosphere and the other runners!  She couldn't believe how friendly people were on the trail!  RF does a nice job.  Thanks for posting the pic on FB....love it.  How far is that place from your house?

Tessa - Wow, not just 50k BUT 55k.....Hats off to you!!!  Glad the knee held out.  Congrats.

LCruns - Woohoo on the AG win!!!  Sounds like you had a great race.  Was it the same route as last year?

Crazysue - Saw on FB another win for you!!!  Congrats!!!

Quads were pretty sore yesterday.  Went to Yogalates last evening....it was great....She always changes it up, and last night it was alot of lower body and leg stretches...SCORE!  Off to run a few.

Carol

LC Runs

Welcome to Monday

Weight workout this morning, am planning on 3-4 this evening, will see what the weather brings (supposed to be rainy and windy all week, though it is  nice right now).

Tessa - great job yesterday!

Lisa - pretty pic

Judy - I worked on muscle building this morning   Your trail run sounds nice

Carol - Hi Carol!  The route was the same, but backwards.  We ran that long stretch (where it was flooded last year) first, then went on the rail trail.  I kind of liked it better.  Only thing, they moved the finish closer to the school (the start was in the previous spot) and the course was 13.2 according to my Garmin so should have been fine to leave it in the same spot as the Start.  You know how long that last bit always is so it seemed so much farther away lol.

Good Morning!  Decided to skip group power and swim this morning.  I was pretty stiff this morning when I woke up--swimming helped.

Had a great race at Tradition's Tri on Saturday.  600 yd lake swim/17 mile ride/3.1 mile run.  I was 1st in my AG, 2 minutes faster than last year and BF came and cheered for me.  Wink  Great day.  LOVE my bike!!  I was really wiped out by Saturday afternoon.  That was the warmest day we have had so far and no one was ready for the heat.  Ran 9 miles on Sunday.

Carol, Tessa and Damaris---great races for you also!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Okay, people, I have 3 weeks to lose weight. I wish I'd gotten on this sooner - probably would have made my marathon last week a little easier. But I didn't. I don't know how much I can lose since my baseline to maintain is around 1450 calories/day, and I don't want to go below 1200/day. Math says not that much. But I want to do well in the half in my hometown and it's less than 3 weeks away! I am 6 pounds over race weight, and I know I can't get to that by May 18, but if I can get a little closer.....

Susan, congrats on your 1st place in the tri!!! That is awesome.

Carol, sounds like you guys had a great time on the trail. Well, at least I kept my boobs in - hmm, going to have save that in the excuse/it could have been worse file. Although I have so little boob.....

Tessa, nice job on the 50+K. And glad your knee held up.

Laura, nice run yesterday - with a bonus win!

Storms and rain the next two days. But I will run or ride my bike, because I need to burn off enough calories to eat dinner! And I started looking at the training plan I want to use for Erie (12 week plan, so starts late June). I'm going to have to be one of those crazy people that gets up early and works out if I want to get all the miles in. Either that or just quit riding my bike and forget figuring out the swimming thing. There's like 3-4 weeks in a row over 70 miles. Yikes.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me

taking yesterday and just not really doing anything was nice.

Glad the knee held up Tessa

Lisa hope more signs of spring come soon

Carol sounds like that class catered to your needs.

Congrats Sue

Karen I'd guess you'd drop at least a few pounds. Maybe even 4?  Since the initial cut you can drop more than you expect even with just the mild alteration in calories.

Marjorie

camille2

Congrats  to Laura, Carol, Tessa (woo-hoo on distance).  Congrats on first AG, Sue. That's getting to be a nice habit. : )

Saw on Facebook that Cindy had a tough race (as she said Amy did). Humidity was high and it was a bit warm it the weather was like where I was.  Maybe they'll post more details.

Marjorie, nice to see the double digits from you again.

Lisa, I liked that pic! Spring happened in about a week here. When I left, most trees were nearly bare except the flowering ones, and when I got back, they were mostly green.

I just did core and hip exercises today.  I'm going to try for 3 tomorrow, but I think I'm getting a sinus infection and feel crappy so we'll see. I'll decide about my week tomorrow.

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick check in. I didn't get online most of the weekend, and what computer time I had was mostly taken up grading quizzes. Survived the 50K, was not last (there were 8 people behind me, I thought there were 5), knee held up, came in in 10:09. Last in my AG but there aren't that many women in the 50-59 bracket. And the woman who was last won her age group. 80-89. I bow down!

Another big cleaning Sunday after church. 10 rotting sandbags have been cleared so that we can get to the washing machine even when the van is in the garage. I disposed of some sand in the trash, scattered the contents of a couple of sandbags in the garden, and have the rest piled up for disposal in increments. The weight limit for the wheelie bin is 250 pounds and I know we have over 120 in there right now since I can't tip it by myself.

I embarrassed the socks off DS with a loud rendition of "For the first time in forever / The driveway seems so large / For the first time in forever / We can park in the garage!" after managing to park both the van and my Mazda in there simultaneously. Admittedly it took some wiggling to get out of the van and DS will have to enter through the passenger side 'cause there's no way he's going to be able to get in on the driver's side, it's too close to the wall, but they BOTH FIT! It will be easier once the developing equipment is gone. DD wants to try listing that on eBay or craigslist. That's a big cabinet with lots of equipment in/on it, again hasn't been used in well over 30 years. Once it's gone there will be more room to park cars because there won't be the cabinet against the wall.

Progress is slowly being made. Very slowly. But it's going in the right direction.

Congratulations to the racers! Working on a race report.