Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp for an hour, then probably 4ish miles afterwards before I have my first PT client of the day. Planning a LR of 12 for tomorrow.

TR: happy, crazy, fun little boy! He loved running with me to the park yesterday morning-it's been a few weeks since I've taken him in the stroller for a run. His new favorite thing at the park is digging sand from behind the slide and filling up his dump truck. And he's obsessed with raisins lately as his afternoon snack- no complaints there!

NRR: bootcamp and PT clients thru 10am today, then grocery shopping with R and cleaning the house. Ready for the weekend, for sure!!

zorbs: good luck at your half on Sunday!!!

Any other supermoms racing??

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

I won't be back later today, but I will be lurking if I can!

RR - need to run after work - I am trying to stay motivated in general, but running after my 12hr shift is going to take extra motivation!

NRR - working again today

KR - apparently the sitter is working on PTing DD2.  She asked to go on the toilet 3x in about 30mins last night.  She would only sit for about 20sec at a time, but at least she's interested in it.

FR - pepper steak in the slow cooker

rg - cute about the dump truck.  Do you go to the same park everyday?  I rarely take the kids to the park any more.  When we used to live  more in town I could take them to a different park everyday and it was so fun, I miss some things about our old house for sure.  Enjoy the run today and I hope the LR goes well!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR/ER - SRD/foam rolling/hot tubbing.

RR#2 - DH's old model of shoe was on clearance at the LRS for $100, so he stocked up.  12 hours of calf sleeves seems to have helped my leg, and I've got them on again today.

TR - was doing all sorts of toddler things like wanting me to buy every toy, and old RP was laughing her ass off, saying, "at least my kids are old enough to buy their own stuff."

FR - fried noodles, fake beef strips, veggies.  Need to stock up on post-race booze.

~~~~~~~~

rg - of course B also loves digging in sand/dirt (what boy doesn't)?  How long will R ride in the stroller for you?  I think B is good for a maximum of 5K now but I'm not about to test those limits.

eh - I can barely make myself run after work in general, I can't imagine after a 12 hour shift!  Yesterday B told DH that poop was coming but refused to go.

~~~~~~~~

from yesterday:

ernie - I guess that 10 mile race in November wouldn't be an automatic PR if you hadn't got directed off course in Georgina. :P

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - ST/Core

TR - as soon as we arrived at the dentist she started to cry... would not play with the toys, would not let me put her down, wouldn't even let me sit down... i ended up standing/walking around the hallway outside the waiting room, while holding her, for almost 45 minutes... the second we were out the door though, the tears stopped.  She was in a good mood when we got home... not a single meltdown all evening...

NRR - that big meeting I had to stick around for yesterday was a bust.. it started 15 minutes late, then the video feed wasn't working properly so in the end we all left after watching a 2 minute clip celebrating 30 years in the business, and didn't even get to hear the CEO speak.  Coincidentally, my old parent company was also celebrating 30 years in business this year and they threw a huge party at a golf course.  Our new company gave everyone a cupcake to celebrate.

rg - are you going to have to find a new activity for R when it gets cold?  or will he keep insisting on going to the park even if it's cold?

zorbs - good luck in your half!   how many pairs of shoes did DH buy?  right now I own 2 additional pairs of the shoes I'm currently running in, i'm betting they'll be discontinued soon..

eh - hope you get a run in after work, i think after a 12 hour shift all i'd want to do is sit and not move...

Erniegirl

ER - Yoga and core. Feeling a bit stiff from my hilly long run yesterday.

TR - I played a game with her last night where I hid three different coloured blocks and she had to find them. At first, she would only find the first one and then get distracted and start doing something else. When she caught on that she was supposed to find all three, she got really into it and was clapping for herself and shouting the colour of the blocks she found (I purposely used the only three colours she can name "boo" "yeyo" and "purpu")

FR - Boneless chicken breasts crusted with panko and coconut, Mediterranean broccoli salad

NRR - Going to the community centre for drop-in play this morning. I'll see if anyone knows what happened with the popcorn fire at the new centre the other day Smile Farm visit this afternoon so we can pick up our final CSA box of the summer season. Winter CSA starts mid-November.

~~~~~

rg - Have you been running seven days a week? I think S and R would get along very well - she is obsessed with cars and trucks and loves digging and filling her dump trucks at the park, too.

eh - Hope you can get a good run in after work! Just think of how well you'll sleep tonight after a 12-hour shift and a run. That's great that DD2 is asking to use the potty!

zorbs - Mmm, post-race booze always tastes so good. What are you planning to get? Ha, yup, the Georgina race was only a 15k for me because of the misdirection. Or lack of direction as it was, since they forgot to send the course marshals out soon enough to direct us through that park.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, need to foam roll and even get a tennis ball out on my left hip, it's tight.  LR tomorrow.

TR - ate her weight in dinner last night.  SIL brought over halloween buckets for all the kids to decorate with stickers, it was a great idea and something I'd never think of doing.

BR - was fussy last night until she ate, then she was having a grand ol time.

FR - dinner was sooooo good.  And fun to spend time with my brothers family and my parents.  It was chaotic though, kids running around, yelling, babies throwing food, dogs trying to get in to get said food.  It was comical actually.

NRR - got a new tv yesterday, it's a smart tv and was 'free' with our new cable subscription.  It's pretty cool and the picture is so crisp!  DH found out yesterday that netflix didn't renew it's contract with nickelodeon... this is bad news, dora, diego, all those shows are being removed, there will be tears.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

RR:  Might be a RD...we will see.  Woke up to a bit of snow which I wasn't expecting!  Might hop on the TM if I am not too crampy.

TR:  Was up every 2 hours last night.  I finally brought him into my bed at 2am and he slept great. but then I didn't sleep at all since I am such a light sleeper.  When H wasn't up, the dog was dry heaving.  It is going to be a rough day!!

NRR:  Still crampy.  Confused about what my body is doing right now but I am guessing it must be from the reduction in mileage.

Good luck racing supermoms!!

CA - I want to join a cable company that gives me a smart tv!  That is awesome.

zorbs - $100 is a good deal for shoes??  Crazy.  I try not to spend more than $80, haha.

cx2 -Hmm cupcake vs party at a golf course...  I think you got jipped.

ernie - How cute about the blocks.  I love the way they say their colors at this age!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Sounds like a busy day today for you!  That's awesome the R still loves the stroller, I really have hardly run with mine since O was born but both my girls do really well in it also.

r-eh - running after work is so tough, and I'm sure doubly hard after 12 hrs!  YAY for the sitter PT'ing dd!

zorbs - awesome that the calf sleeves have helped.  Mine do wonders.

cx2 - that's good that you avoided meltdowns at home last night.  Ugh on the meeting!

ernie - sounds like a fun block game for S!  What do you get in your winter CSA?  There was one here I could sign up for but it didn't seem worth it as there's so few vegis that they can provide - I guess they have carrots and potatos from fall that they keep distributing.

stroller - ugh on the crampiness!  That sucks that it's dragging out so long.  Running shoes are insanely expensive in CAnada. My shoes are $155 at the LRS here, I bought a pair online from the US yeseterday for $92.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - DH bought 1 pair of shoes but they had 1 more pair in his size and he wants to go back this weekend and buy those ones too.  I never have shoes stockpiled, I can't afford to buy more than 1 pair at a time.

ernie - a really good 10 miler is the Boxing Day 10 miler in Hamilton.  It has 1 crazy ass hill on it.

CA - I imagine that with all that kid chaos, the adults were madly downing wine?

stroller - very VERY rarely there will be an insane clearance sale on and I'll get shoes for under $100.  Most shoes are around $130-150. My LR shoes are retail price $179.99 but can usually find some sort of coupon..still ends up being around $179 including tax but at least they're not over 200 if I paid full price.  You should have seen becky when I took her to the LRS..she nearly died seeing the shoe prices here.  I'm hoping my shoes hold out until Richmond and I can buy shoes at the expo.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR2: bootcamp was awesome this morning, and I was able to run 10 hilly miles afterwards, as my first PT client cancelled leaving me with and hr and a half of free time! run was great, a hilly route I haven't run in a long time. and I had time for a long stretch, lots of foam rolling, and throw on my compression socks before my next client arrived.

reh: hope you have a great run after work later! I always found it hard to run after work, even on days I worked 6-2:30. I would sometimes run with DH though, and that helped get me out the door! yay for PT progress with DD!!! hope she gets it quickly. no, we go to different parks- there are 2 on the bike trail that runs near our house, and another about a mile away. and there are 3 more downtown that are within a 5 mile drive. we're really fortunate to have so many good parks around.

zorbs: yay for race weekend!!!! so excited to see how well you race your half! lol, i'm sure we will be able to look back and laugh someday too... R will still ride happily for 5-6miles, I haven't run anything longer than that with him in a while. it helps that there's always cool stuff to look at. yesterday the town was flushing the hydrants as we were running and R was clapping his hands and shouting "PUDDLES!"

Cx2- ugh on the dentist meltdown- was it an apt for you or C? our dentist recommends a first visit around age 3. there are some wackos out there who say the baby should go as soon as their first tooth appears WHAT?! that would be at 4-5 months for some kids! no way. that's so lame about the meeting. R still likes playing outside in the cold, and I don't mind it. Our park trips get shorter in the winter, but as long as it's not super windy, i'm happy to play outside.

Ernie- great job on your hilly LR! awww, cute about the block game! R's yellow sounds like "dello" Have fun at the drop in play today, wish we had something like that around here. I checked into the local MOPS group, but they're all suuuuuper religious, and while I don't have a problem with that, it's not my lifestyle so I don't feel like I can relate. It's like trying to talk to a non-running about marathon training. No, I've been sticking with 6 days a week- trying to be good to my body!!! When i'm not specifically training for a race, I find i'll often go 3-4 weeks without a SRD, but I do make sure that I keep my easy days truly easy. Yes, I think R and S would have a blast together!!! We should plan a nice-weather play date near Niagara sometime! and zorbs and reh should meet us there too!

CA- enjoy your SRD and rolling today, how far is your LR tomorrow? oooooh, I might steal the idea of the stickers on the buckets! ha, silly kids- eat already and be happy! yay for new TV- oh no on the lack of nick shows, hope M is able to find some new favorties. R's into Super Why and Jake and the Neverland Pirates right now, both on Netflix.

stroller- I know it's not early for CO, but i'm not ready for snow here just yet! oh no on the every 2hr wake ups, Sad  EWWWW on the dog, hope he's ok. lots of coffee for you today! sorry about the crampy feelings, our bodies can be so frustrating sometimes!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

ernie - that's cute about S saying colours... C said "merci" as "mer-i" and i counted it as a word.. .close enough!

CA - we have a smart tv too but we don't use any of the smart features... C kept getting her hands on the keyboard so we had to take the batteries out, which means we can't really use the smart part of the tv...i  told DH we were better off buying a really nice non-Smart tv instead

stroller - sorry about the rough nap.. maybe you can sneak in a rest or nap time this afternoon!

RG - C has to see a pediatric dentist until she's 4... she was born with a tumor in her mouth that could have affected her eating and teeth growing in... it has since disappeared but the dentist wants to see her until my regular dentist starts taking her on (which is i think age 4)

Erniegirl

cx2 - Did you have to wait 45 minutes to see the dentist? I would be so pissed. And also at the cupcake vs. big party! Maybe your company should divert some of the time and money they spend on meetings to doing fun things for employees!

CA - Decorating buckets is a great idea. I never think of things like that, either. I suck at crafts. I'm pretty sure some of S's artwork is already better than mine, lol. Ooh, cool that you got a new smart TV with your cable package! The winter CSA does have a lot of root vegetables from their cold cellar and also some stuff they grow in their greenhouse. We are also getting eggs. The farm we get our CSA from also raises chickens, turkeys, cows and pigs so I think we might sign up to get our meat from them next year as well.

stroller - Did the snow stay on the ground or melt once the day warmed up? I just checked our 14-day forecast and they are calling for snow here on Halloween. Ugh, such a pain (literally!) that you are still feeling crampy. Sometimes the body is such a mystery.

rg - My sister just took her two-and-a-half year old daughter to the dentist because she whacked her front tooth and it turned grey. The dentist scolded her for not bringing her in sooner and said babies should have their first dentist visit no more than 3 months after they get their first tooth. What?!? I asked S's doctor about that, and he basically said "yeah, some dentists will say anything to make money."  A Niagara play date/meetup would be awesome!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yes we did consume a number of bottles of wine (I think that number being 4... for 6 adults lol)

RG - tomorrow is 29-30km (18-19 mi) ish.  Next week is another 20.

cx2 - I should look through the packaging, I didn't even notice a keyboard, but it does put one on the screen that i used to connect to our wifi and netflix, and now that it's setup for netflix, I won't need to type anything, just pick a show.

ernie - yeah the farm I was getting CSA from also had eggs but the pickup was a different day and it all just seemed complicated.  Farm eggs are so much more yummy though!