Womens Running

Winter Returns Wednesday Supermoms (Read 358 times)

mrszackmorris

car/ernie: when i run with rp we are averaging 1:15-1:30 minute/mile slower than if i run by myself...2-3 times per week.

BermyHorse

House – will post pics – even of port-a-potty outside and the mudslide in yard which all comes with a new home… you will have to be creative with the pics when you see them and forgiving of all the unfinished crap.

rg – hope you enjoyed your run today. Oh no on your aunt. And it does hurt to find out via fb. Hope she is ok.

Zorbs – funny on smoke detector – he sounds like he has had those words yelled at him too many times!

Jen – hope you enjoy your run today. Sorry your son is so sick, poor little guy. Not cool. Yes we put in an offer and cos it’s new, it was a little negotiable but not much – our agent did the haggling. It has ben accepted and there is a lovely fat SOLD sign on it. There were about 9 men in there busting themselves to get it finished for 15th Feb.

Mer – enjoy your run today. Interesting on 10m race. Sounds fun to have something to train for. Are you doing your 5k on Sunday?

Ernie – the 3rd and 4th repeats are always the worst for me. 5 and 6 – you’ve already done the bulk of the workout, they’re just the icing. Don’t jog in the 2min, just rest and then get yourself ready to go again. I am really looking forward to racing again. In that 5k I won my age group so I am hoping to rise through the ranks and sub-23.

Arm – I have raced with Nashville striders in Oct when I was here and they were awesome. I will start there. We had an ice storm warning last night. I had no idea what was going on but we staying in and got supplies to eat and watched a movie and had fun as a family in the snuggly warmth. I googled where you live and you’re only a few hours away. Living in the US is so convenient!

Shelby – hope your tummy gets better. I am very glad you had your parents there to call. I think that you will find things start to settle down once it is not all new and you have been in school for a while. There’s probably a lot for you to take in right now esp as you are establishing your routine. Just hang in there, keep at it, day by day and you will be just fine. Keep posting!

Cx2 – you are a fab mother because you care so much and want the best for your daughter – you try so hard all the time! If you ever need a confidence boost or reassurance about your mothering skills then just email me and I will send you a personal boost. And women who do judge are doing so because it makes them feel better about their mistakes. Just let that go and focus on loving your little girl.

Mrszm – sounds like it’s time to cut out RP for a few runs and get selfish! Or warm up and cool down with her and then do your thing. Are you finished having kids or are you up for one (or more) more?

Spike – have a lovely time in Vegas – would really love updates of your adventures if you get time to flick out a quick post. You’re excused from personals on vacay!

Eh – MIL is quite handy for bringing food there- nice work. Holy early on the run – super job for getting up that early and getting out there. What is your normal daily pace? I would love to sign myself up for martial arts. It’s something I have always wanted to do. DH and I want to learn together as a couple date night thing. Kicking the crap out of each other as a date night – might work?

CA – enjoy tm if you decide on that. Is it snowy out for stroller running? Great job on lubing up treadmill. Yea on the rested – I am bursting to do that 14m run and speedwork. I am like a dog that has been inside all day and can’t wait to get out and run all my energy off.

Uphill- DS was up at 6.20 and I nursed him and he snuggled up and fell back to sleep with a lovely full morning belly. I fell asleep in there too and got up at 8.30 and then he woke up at 9 and walked out to join the world. Sorry you had a really rough night. But yeah for getting to feel the beautiful pleasures of being preggo. If it gets worse and you can’t keep food down, please speak to your OB.

Jm – hope sitter works out for you all. I will find a pic to post although probably won’t have time this week.

Rocky – maybe you have your photos/videos with dates on for those “firsts”?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runswithrocky

eh - thank you, actually knowing that you were "less" ready for each subsequent kid is comforting.  At this point as long as the pack-n-play is set up in our room (we did that with em for the first few weeks), I have some newborn diapers and a few onesies and some formula and clean bottles, I'm going to consider us "ready."  DH wants me to get the csection date on the books so he can schedule all his summer brewing in advance (how thoughtful)...to which I said, "so you're then going to have the baby's room done before you brew, right?"  he was like, "maybe."  Infuriating.  Can't figure out if he is being cute or serious.  I think he is being dead serious.  He'll get motivated when he's sharing a bed and a room with an infant though!

you all crack me up - yoga AND ice cream it is.  Well, I have to procure said ice cream first.  I rarely have it stocked in the house.  We'll see if I'm motivated to leave the house to get it.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - it is snowy getting down to the paths but once down there it's pretty good with just a thin layer of packed snow.  I ended up going with the treadmil but just got in 4 miles before O woke up... good enough.

rocky - I ate ice cream in the tub while pregnant, at least with yoga, you're moving!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

NRR: Here's the house we bought http://www.homepixmedia.com/tour/turnberry/stonehaven/index.html. It's not this actual house but it's identical.

runswithrocky

bermy - gorgeous, so with 5 bedrooms, I'm assuming you have to have at least one more kid...

RunningUphill

Bermy: My first thought was also- you need to have lots more babies to fill that house!  Maybe two more, then a Supermoms Guest room : )

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - beautiful house!!  Which room is the supermom guest room Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

You girls crack me up. Yes, I will get right on to designing the supermom guest room with ensuite bathroom and warming towel rail, massage chair as well as running trail maps, pre-entered and collected race bibs and clean eating snacks. And adjoining room for Dhs and kids of course.