Womens Running

Maybe It's Monday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: bootcamp followed by a run. I'd like to get in 5-6 miles, depends on how bad the roads are by that point.

TR: was fascinated watching DH wire and put the ceiling fan up in the living room yesterday. Nap strike on Saturday, but thankfully he napped yesterday. Must be growing as he's eating like a teenage boy.

NRR: meh, weekend was ok. I got a little down yesterday. I was feeling really bored. DH has been working on the living room reno the past 3 weekends in a row, leaving me with pretty much solo childcare duties all weekend long. I told him that I was looking forward to having a weekend where I didn't have to schedule the projects/things I need to get done into R's 2-hr nap time. He said "Well  you get your LR." Um yes- I get up at 6am and leave as early as I can on Sat mornings (once it's light out) so that I'm back to play with R so DH can get started on his projects and work uninterrupted all day. I told him that these past 3 weekends have felt more like weekdays, since it's been just me and R hanging out, with no help from DH. Then I felt guilty because I haven't been able to help DH with the reno, because I've had to watch R. It doesn't help that it's been so damn cold and windy that we haven't even been able to go outside and play since Christmas time. Sigh. I felt like an ass yesterday. I guess I just need to suck it up and remember that I'm a mom- we don't get the luxury of doing projects on our own timeline, of sleeping in on the weekends as late as we want to (something I let DH do every Sat & Sun). Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 35 min recovery run/walk on the gym TM. SO DEAD from the race yesterday.

TR - love how he says 'excavator' - excabator.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Hoping to hit the TM after work today.  I don't have my hopes up though...we will see.  Did 8 on the TM on Friday and haven't run since.  I need a TM.

BR:  Up every two hours last night.  I have decided that I want to make his baby food versus buying it.  Going to order a Baby Bullet this week as they are on sale at Target.

TR:  Is starting to talk about emotions.  "I'm so (happy, mad, excited)".  Its cute....I enjoy asking him why he is mad when that happens and he has no response for me!

NRR:  At work today...a smattering of schools around us are closed.  The super sent an e-mail to office staff about today's decision and said that they will be looking at a decision for tomorrow between 11 and 12 today.  I would love a day off....actually, I will come in to work, but sleeping in will be nice.  All new kids today, and I have nothing prepared!  Go me.

FR:  We need to grocery shop.  Bad.

rg: I do think that we as moms think differently than the dads do.  It is hard, when the majority of your day is parenting and you want some time alone.  Why do we always feel like we have to bend over backwards for our DH's but that isn't always reciprocated?  Enjoy your time with R right now.  It changes.  A lot.  When the 2nd one comes.  BTW, your due date is my B-Day! Smile

zorbs - Today is the first day of preschool, right?  Excited to hear about it!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

Rg - sorry you are feeling down, sounds like you and DH need a date night. Last week DH had to reinstall a towel rack in the bathroom and R "helped" with his fake tools, it was super cute.

zorbs - DS used to say DDs name wrong and it was super cute, he says it right now.

Mer - I hope you get a day off tomorrow! We made baby food and we found that some things are cheaper to make and some isn't. It is really easy though. We would freeze it in ice cube trays and store in freezer bags, then microwave a cube or 2 at a time as needed.

Ernie - last episode of dexter = super lame! I don't want to say much because I think spike is still watching, but it was pretty bad.

------

RR - SRD

NRR - there is new hot yoga place and first class is free, I want to try it this week. I don't see myself going regularly because it's not super convenient but going to give it a try.

KR - got a rainbow loom and is working on making a necklace. Also made grandpa a keychain for his birthday.

FR - hawaiian meatballs in slow cooker

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, will ST at lunch.  Ran 20k yesterday, amazing how quickly you get used to running shorter distances, 20 felt long!  We're finished the speed module and are starting a 4 week hill module this week.

TR - was very tired last night, we had friends over and at 7:30 she declared she was tired and wanted to go to bed.  Now that it's Monday and I'm getting up, she'll probably sleep past 7 every day this week.

BR - woke up crying just after I went to bed at 9:30, DH went in, gave her advil (molars) and was comforting her, but she was just crying so I went and cuddled her and put her back down.

NRR - just eager to hear about that job this week.  Might go to the mall w/ O after work, want to find a hutch that matches a table we found at Costco.  The table is a really good price, but we need a hutch for wine glasses, extra storage, but I don't want to spend $$$$ on a new dining room set.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - sorry you're feeling down, at least for us, a lot changed once O was born, I told DH it would too - he still sleeps in more than I do, but at least one weekend day it's his job to get up w/ M and/or O.  He also does all the nighttime wakeups with M.  Things are definitely more equal now.  I bet it's seasonal too - I think it's super common to be down in Jan/Feb.  Do you take vit D?  My dh said he'd been feeling down/dragging and then upped his vit D and noticed a big difference.

zorbs - that's a good sign that you raced hard!  Racing/running fast in the winter is so much harder!

mer - Hope you get your run in!  A day off, or a sleep in would be amazing!!

moxie - free yoga sounds good!  Make sure you bring a towel, I made the mistake of not bringing one to my first hot yoga class.

Erniegirl

RR - 8k recovery. My LR yesterday was horrible. I ended up cutting it a few kms short because the roads were extremely slippery, even with screw shoes, and cars were going way too fast and coming way too close to me. And of course I was freezing and another freaking blizzard started. This weather is really killing my will to run.

TR - She has taken over my stability ball, which she pushes around the house, saying "big ball" in a deep, gravelly voice and throws herself all over it. She also loves when we roll the ball at her really hard and it knocks her down.

FR - Mushroom and feta fusilli

NRR - Had a good weekend, despite the bad weather and bad run. Just lots of family time and hanging out with a couple of friends. I was planning to do some work yesterday afternoon, but the system was down so I got a nice little bonus break. Taking S to the community centre this morning.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Probably not today. Last week was my best mileage in 6+ weeks, 13.5 miles  How sad is that?

TR: Is plotting to ensure he won't ever suffer from Infant Sibling Disease by making sure I'm chronically sleep deprived. He has this knack for waking me up about 4 hours after I go to sleep and I feel like crap every day- I think he's waking me in some critical part of my sleep cycle so that I never feel rested. He has only STTN a couple days here and there since we moved into the new house a month ago.

TR2- misses his daycare lady desperately. Was very sad and sniffled the whole way to my friend's house this morning and I had to cuddle him for a long time on her couch. Miss Jody will return from San Diego on Thursday.

FR: No idea, maybe turkey sandwiches or something lazy.

NRR: I have made no real progress on the house in 2-3 weeks and DH is going to be working the next couple weekends. I got pretty spoiled since he got shift changed several times and hadn't worked nights since November- DH came off nights Saturday morning and he is absolutely useless when he's changing back to days then couple that with him pulling a FD command shift (can't leave R with him in case he gets called out), I had a pretty taxing weekend. I got a bunch of cleaning done- DH followed me around and talked to me but never pitched in unless I gave him a specific job to do. DH got a phone call at 3:30 am asking him to come to work at 6 and I told him it was his day off and up to him if he worked, and he chose to go in. Sorry for the downer post. I had a triple shot mocha this morning and its not even touching this exhaustion.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I can relate to your NRR post so much.

zorbs- its cute he knows the difference between types of machinery- to R it is a "Truck" "tractor" or "Jeep"

Mer- Do you not have a blender, stick blender, or food processor? I didn't own a blender until R was already a year old, I just used a plastic container and a stick/immersion blender I already had. If I wanted smoother texture I would strain it through a mesh strainer.

Moxie- I have 5 episodes left. I heard the finale was terrible. I'm imagining Deb and Dexter die in some kind of murder/suicide thing though, since she seems to be on a major downward spiral. Or maybe Hannah poisons them and runs of with Harrison.

CA- I live on www.apartmenttherapy.com and I see really awesome transformations of ugly furniture on there all the time. Maybe you could find something on kijiji that would become amazing with a coat of paint and new knobs? We were discussing our Den and I think we are going to lose the TV cabinet, mount the TV to the wall, and put in a big shelving unit. Can't wait to hear about your job!

Ernie- I feel really lame for how little I have run this winter. This winter has basically been 30* F and no snow all winter and I still can't make myself go.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - better to cut a run short than to get creamed by a car for sure!  M loves my exercise ball!

spike - meh, your running is pretty good for all you've got going, plus you've done really well with ST'ing lately.  That would be really frustrating w/ DH's work situation.  When he's on call, could you run 1-2 mile loops w/ a cell phone, and just bail home if he got a call?  He must have 20 minutes to get organized and leave when he gets called?  I'll check out that webpage... I'm hesitant to take on any project bc there just isn't enough time in the day, the table at costco is very reasonable, so I'm going to buy it, so just hope I can find something to store my glassware in that's also not too expensive.  You and me both on the job!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

ernie - better to cut a run short than to get creamed by a car for sure!  M loves my exercise ball!

spike - meh, your running is pretty good for all you've got going, plus you've done really well with ST'ing lately.  That would be really frustrating w/ DH's work situation.  When he's on call, could you run 1-2 mile loops w/ a cell phone, and just bail home if he got a call?  He must have 20 minutes to get organized and leave when he gets called?  I'll check out that webpage... I'm hesitant to take on any project bc there just isn't enough time in the day, the table at costco is very reasonable, so I'm going to buy it, so just hope I can find something to store my glassware in that's also not too expensive.  You and me both on the job!!

CA- the on-call is the volunteer fire department. For example, I dumped R at a friend's house for an hour on Saturday to ST. Dh was at the gym too (drove separately in the FD command vehicle) and got called out to a structure fire where the guy lost half his house. DH was on scene within 2 minutes and he and his FD friend saved 2 golden retrievers and a parrot in their gym clothes. Yesterday, I took R to RP's house and left him with her 11 yo, 8 yo, and 5 yo. We did 1.75 mile loops around her house with a cell phone and he did great. RP and I both do better if we have someone to run with, so I think we will employ this method more often, and her 11 yo is quite responsible and mature, and her other 2 kids behave better when R is there because they are enamored with him.

moxieluvah

Spike - my R went through a phase of not sttn a few weeks ago and it was awful, it seems worse when you are expecting to sleep and don't get to, as opposed to having a baby that you expect to wake up. sorry you're feeling down!

CA - in your opinion is the lake Louise area in banff worth it or over rated? DH and I are looking at possibilities for our 10 year next year.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

moxie - Lake Louise is beautiful, as is all of Banff.  The hotels in Lake Louise (and especially the chalet) are pretty pricy, but for a special occasion very nice.  If you stay in Banff townsite, you'll find more reasonable hotel prices, and a lot more options for eating out/etc.  It partly depends on the time of year, and what you want to do - are you skiing, hiking, running, lazing around..etc.  Let me know if you want any more specific information.

superspike113

Honorary Old

moxie- I want to go to Banff sometime too. We've been to the Okanogan (orchard/wine country of BC), Victoria, Vancouver, Vancouver island- they all have their own charms.

runnergirl9508

nice 5 mile run in the snow this morning after bootcamp. Glad I brought my screw shoes with me! Though I think that I've put more miles on those shoes than my "regular" running shoes this month due to all the snow/ice.

zorbs- hope the recovery run helped loosen everything up. I LOVE how toddlers say words, so cute!

Mer- hope you can get a good TM run in later this afternoon. I have a feeling I'm going to need a TM next winter too, with 2 kids in the house. Ugh on the wake-ups. I made all of R's babyfood too. It's actually a really fast/easy process. Do you do the grocery shopping, or DH? I am soaking up the moments with R now- he's been so sweet and snuggly with me. Naturally, I'm hoping I DON'T go til 7/1 with this baby- I'm hoping for another early one- R was 2.5 weeks early. I guess I just get tired of still having to do all the routine stuff (nap, bath, bedtime) on the weekends, and not getting a break.

moxie- yeah, we could definitely use a date night! Aw, so cute about the towel rack! R loves to walk around helping DH with everything he can. Have fun at yoga class. I got my niece a rainbow loom for Christmas and SIL said it was her favorite thing- she's still making bracelets!

CA- enjoy your RD/ST. Lol on the shorter long runs. I try to keep my LR btw 10-12 so it's not that big of a jump/shock to my body when I start to ramp up for marathon training again. ALso, it allows me to be ready to run a half in a short amount of time. that's funny that M wanted to go to bed! ugh, why can't babies be born with teeth?! I hope you hear soon about the job! DH will let me sleep in on Sunday if I ask him. I already told him that after baby #2 comes along, any night time wake-ups by R will be his job. Is Vit D safe to take while preggo?

Ernie- sorry about the LR! I'm so sick of running on snowy, icy, slushy roads. I wore my screw shoes on 5 of 6 runs last week, blech. LOL on the ball- I should blow mine back up for R. Mmmm, your FR sounds yummy. I LOVE feta, and yes I eat it while preggo too! As long as it's pasteurized it's safe.

spike- hey, at least your mileage is going back up! BOOOOOO on the sleep deprivation. aww, so sweet about him missing Jody. does he do ok at your friend's house, too? I'm sorry you're so tired- hope you can get some good rest soon. I knew you'd definitely understand my weekend/NRR frustrations. Hugs mama

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08