Womens Running

Weighty Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

Doing upper body weights today.  Also feel heavy going into this time of the year.  Bulky sweaters and coats, scarves, comfort food.... it is a challenge with fresh veggies not as cheap or fresh for most of us.  Hibernation would seem to be a good alternative.  My apologies to our friends in the South who have the winter whining starting earlier this year than usual.  We must be annoying.. "It's winter. You live in the North.  How is this a surprise?"  Please share stories of warmth with us.  It's all that we have for the next...4 months.

Marjorie-thanks!  I wasn't sure if the point was to isolate that one movement over the other. Now I know!

Lisa

LC Runs

Morning, I am tired today!

Will do 3 this morning on the TM.  Day 83 of streak .

Lisa - I like the idea of hibernating!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ohhhh! May I hibernate along with you? I have plenty of books and tea.

Ginny, I hope to email you about work stuff soon. We need to complain to one another. I'll look for your email address today. I'm sure I have it.

Runnersmom1320, I am sending best wishes for Simon’s mom. She sounds like an amazing woman.

Track run for 35 minutes was good. I enjoyed talking to a few of my young friends. The young friends keep me young. After that I went home and did 50 minutes of cardio DVD. This was a library DVD I was trying out. I don’t want to buy it though. Still working on the waistline. I suspect it will always be what it is. I look just like my Mom did. Heredity wins out.

After an errand I plan to do cardio at home, then go out to dinner. I think my UGGs boots (the right one) is aggravating my PF. Hmmm.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I agree...weighty wednesday....every time you go out requires a  bundling up.   Just seems too early for this...boooo.  Enjoy your work out!

LCruns - Nice job on your streak!

Judy - Such a good idea to borrow the DVD from the library then to decide if you want it.

Went to sculpt class on lunch hour yesterday.  Mostly upper body and core work out....owieeee.....I could hardly work my arms to change my clothes after it.  Did 30 min on DM after work.  Tonight is short run with RB...supposed to be speed work or tempo run, but we are supposed to have 3 inches of new snow so thinking not going to be alot of speed for us LOL.

Carol

camille2

I got in 3 yesterday before coming to my mom's, which means I have to fit another run in today after her appt and a charity sew in.

It's cold again:19 above with wind.  So much is perspective.  In Fairbanks in January, it would be a heat wave.

Karen, some of my friends are so busy, they wonder how they ever had time to work. While I don't feel that busy, every time I thought about applying, it was going to interfere with plans.  I suspect you'd be happy.

Liisa, come Sunday, I'll be willing to share a few degrees.  Forecast is for 70!

judy,  my mom is extremely thin now, but still has a pop rby tummy bulge.  I think you are right about genetics.

Gatsby,  if I found a solution for the bulge, I doubt anyone would believe it. : )

gotta run.  Have a great day everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

DH came through his surgery fine. I was worried too because I couldn't take him and we had to hire a home healthcare service to do it. That actually turned out pretty well. The woman that did it was older, kind of mothered him a little (probably better than I could do), and he said he really enjoyed talking to her. He even said (after all my feeling guilty that I couldn't do it) that even if I had been able to take him, this might be a better way to do it - who wants to spend 5-6 hours just sitting around in a hospital, when it turns out you can pay someone else to do it, and that person really needs and appreciates the job and money. Win win.

Big announcement this morning at work - I am pretty sure they are announcing who will replace my boss. I've heard rumors of who it is going to be, and she seems good. I was kind of hoping the VP of Communications would get it, since I know and like her already. Anyway, hopefully now that it is decided, I can get the final "yes" on working from home next year. And am I sexist for being glad it's a woman getting the job? All of my best bosses have been female.

Pilates after work. One of these days I have to get back into more running, but as the foot continues to heal, I'll continue with the low mileage and more XT with cycling and Pilates. My race times won't be stellar, but they will be enjoyable experiences. This Saturday I'm running a half that was originally going to be a PR attempt, now will be a sub-2 attempt. And I signed up for a 10K on Sunday, which I will probably just run easy.

Lisa, hibernating sounds........awesome. Thanks for the weather report from DD. I have one friend that is down there already, and lately I've seen facebook posts from her new running friends down there tagging her and talking about awesome they are for getting out and running in the "cold" - 40s.

Laura, I hope you can continue the streak through the cold!

Judy, that is a great idea to try out the DVD from the library first. I rarely go to my library, just get books online, but I wonder if I can get DVDs online as well. Must check that out.

Carol, running in the snow will probably compensate for any lack of speed. I think in crappy weather (hot or cold) we have to go more by effort than actual pace.

Camille, I think you're as cold if not colder than us right now. What is a charity sew in?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Judy....I messaged you here, my email has changed.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Went to the gym this morning, 3.5 on the TM, thats all I could muster, but better than nothing.

Yes, sorry about our whining, but at least we aren't in Buffalo, there is that!!!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello all. Monday and Tuesday did 4 miles after work with my running buddy. This morning was abs/core and legs workout. We've had single digit overnights and we're supposed to get above freezing today for a high, 33f. But this is unusual for us. We're not usually this cold this soon. Hopefully this will pass.

Anonymous Guest

DH just talked to the builder - house may be done in January! I may be looking at an early February move.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I really do intend to do a race report, it's just that work has been crazy this week. No running for me - I'm going to take off until Saturday - but I've been walking and my legs feel mostly recovered.

I did want to let Marjorie, Karen and Tessa know that I think I'm probably out for Charleston. I hate to pass up an opportunity to have you guys in driving distance and not see you, but there is some uncertainty surrounding DH's job, and I just don't think I can commit to spending money on a weekend away, even with a place to stay. Sorry to miss it.

Hope everyone is well-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

5 miles on the tm again.  Helps to have Jeffrey waiting on me.  Cold again last night.  Some reports said 26F!  Supposed to warm up now.

Yay Ginny!!!  You did it!!

Karen--house ready in February??  Yay!!

Yes, a little hibernation would be a wonderful thing.  Sign me up!

Gotta go--lots to do today.

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, you do what you have to. Uncertainty concerning jobs is tough. If it works out we would love to see you.

Lisa, potato bar? Have fun. Bear in mind what a lot of vodka is made from...and there's a Korean liquor made from sweet potatoes.

Karen, glad DH came through his surgery without a problem. I take it the cyst is no more? Good news that the house might be done early!

Marjorie, I saw that too. 70+ inches of snow in Buffalo. Sad thing is we would love that amount of precipitation, especially in the Sierras.

Susan, hope Simon's mom is all better.

Waving to everyone else.

4 miles with RN this morning. Nothing else. Meeting at lunch, class tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura wow 83 days!

10.1 for me this am.  Took the pups to a vet appointment.  Hammy has a few skin tags so they froze them to hopefully get them to fall off, Quincy had two internal stitches that hadn't dissolved from his surgery in Sept and they were poking out so they had to pull them out..  Was in the 20's this am.  I wore running pants and a thicker tech long sleeve.  Didn't need the gloves after about 4 miles.

The amount of snow people are getting is amazing to see for this early in the year.

Camille I'm in the upstate of SC today and I'm amazed how much cooler it is here than it was in Charleston.  When I got here it was 38.  Yikes.

Glad I go home tomorrow

Cindy there is always registration late so if everything works out you can still come at the last minute.  When I did it they had race day registration Uncertain job means you do what  you need to do, though.

Tessa, oh I know. even a fraction of it there would be helpful!.

Marjorie

Ginny beat me to it.... At least we're not in Buffalo. Those poor people. The threat of roof collapse is real and then flooding when it rains in a few days is terrible. Especially knowing that winter is "coming."

Shovel was used after work and Yaktrax will be used tomorrow.

Lisa

Hi Sorry for not responding... Its been nuts with the end of the semester etc.  DH spoke with the head nurse today.  She said his mom is up and about but that she did not like her color and the doctor (and she) still believe it was a heart attack.  He called my sister to talk with her and my sister says without doing the necessary tests they can't tell.  So who knows.  About two weeks I had 10 or so photos printed for him to send to her (at his request). They sit.  I've offered to write something on the photos so he can just send them.  But no, he wants to do it.  So whatever... kind of makes me frustrated.  He won't call her for months to check on her and now he's the doting son who is going to rush down to see her. 

Sorry but I need to vent.