Womens Running

Moody Monday... dailies! (Read 21 times)

Could be a good mood!? What's yours?

Lisa

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Regarding the radisson. I just looked and it's advertised as 155+tax Canadian per night on Expedia which is likely about 110+tax US.

Darned exchange rate. I'm debating my motel arrangements.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I think today I'm going to take a rest day. Legs are still stiff. Maybe I will just walk or something. Maybe try a yoga video?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Nope, not in a good mood as it's Monday (and I checked, ha).

I have 5 miles tonight.

Lori, enjoy the rest day.  If you book two night (Saturday through Monday, the Radisson rate goes down to $95 instead of 118.  At least last night)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. Abs class tonight after work.

Great run! I had a niggle in my knee and hip all day yesterday, but didn't really feel it on the run today. Longest run since the race..hope they all go that well for the next 4 weeks . I will say it did suck to hear that alarm at 4am again. Little humid out there this morning - temp was 60 and dewpoint was around 58 or 59. Going to get up to 80 today. Cold front comes through tomorrow morning and we are back to high's in the low 60's! Wanted to wear one of my cute new tops I picked up at Kohls, but I have to wait until it gets a little cooler Smile Like I said to Karen yesterday, this weather is ingredients for a sickness!

Sigh. Here I am..back in Mammelville. I have a lot of meetings today and he will be in all of them. That means you can put me in the bad mood club.

Lori – Congratulations on the race! I hope that helped bring some confidence back Smile Maybe take a rest day today and go for a walk. For me, I try to get in a lot of walking the first 2 days after a race. Even if it hurts..it helps! YAY for GC and for the 24 hour race sign up!! I hope everything goes GREAT with your follow up.

Docket – I hope you are applying to jobs in the NORTH. Good luck on the 5! Is Houston next for you? That seems so far away. Wink

Kathryn – Work at 7am? Welcome to the early risers!Smile

Lisa – Wow, nice running this weekend! Oh no on the key fob! I have never had to use the key inside, but it is so oddly shaped I am not sure where it would go to actually open the car?

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Monday....at least my supervisor is on leave this week. Downside is that I am in charge and one of the team member's wife had a stroke last night. Sad Praying she's going to be ok.

Group power this morning. Different instructor (she's been at sea for almost 2 months--also a fisheries biologist who works w DH but on a different team). New moves, but it was fun.

Big excitement here--DH and DIL are expecting a boy! Reveal party was yesterday. Due in April. I facetimed DH so he would watch.

Diane--so sorry about your MIL. You made the right call.

Karen--Love the banana costumes!

Sex toys at a race expo?????

Lizzie--good luck w mammel today.

Later!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sex toys at a race expo? Wonder if they are the internet ones with cameras and microphones? Ew!

Lori, congrats on your race!

Friday was a  fun 45 minute run because the temp was in the mid 40’s with a wind going. I was dressed for cold fall so I was warm enough.Those tiny birds were flying around me again. They are cute little things. DC and I did a 50 minute hike, then did a bunch of errands.

Saturday was SDO so I did some errands. Lots of study materials came in for me at my library.

Sunday Buddy and I met and did quite a bit of the trail in the dark. I have a great flashlight that is small but really bright. We saw 2 young deer and 2 bunnies. It was a good 60 minute run.

Today it is raining, but I think I shall jump into the rain clothing and head to the trail anyway.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Oh Monday, you always come around so fast.  4 mi joggity jog yesterday, regular rest day today.  Thought about moving things around since I’m pretty sure I’m doing 20 on Thursday but the booty is a bit sore AND (probably the biggest factor HA) it is cold and windy out there.  Had to break out the parka!  (Lizzie hee hee).  Chiro after work.  AND the dreaded grocery.  Opted for Mexican take-out yesterday instead and that was the worst decision ever.  Absolutely disgusting I couldn’t even eat it and I eat pretty much everything.  I don’t know if it was skanky oil, the griddle needed cleaning or what.  Blech.

Okay, so who gets a flu shot.  I have not gotten one in years and years.  Last time I had the flu was 2010 but this year is supposed to be worse?  I’m just worried about any potential side effects pre-marathon.  Hmmmm

Oh!  And, yep, we got snow yesterday.  Big fat flakes that stuck around until the sun came out later in the day.  Woulda been fun(?) running a marathon in it!

Lisa – nice running this weekend!  Summer marathon??  Not sure I can get on board with that one but no doubt you will have a blast!!

Kat – yikes that’s an early start for you!!  Hope you had the coffee all queued up ready to brew!!

Lori – congrats on the 25K.  And super high fives for chicing 5 dudes!  Girl power!  Hope all goes well at your follow up tomorrow.

Lizzie – hooray for drapes!  Do you love them?  Awwwww that’s sweet you have another sign for cute Ruger to wear.  You guys are going to look so stinkin cute in your pics no matter what you end up wearing.  Venmo – yes, you can link it to your bank account or CC.  Makes it super easy to send money to people.  I actually am sending you my very last check LOL  Nice run this morning!  Dang, girl, nothing like jumping right back into it!

Cathy – awwww thanks for offering to be our Uber at GC!  I will def say hello to Diana for you.  Turns out I know quite a few people running that race and there are very few in the marathon (25K, 50K and 50mi are the more popular distances).  Nice running this weekend!  You are going to SMOKE your half!  Totally cracking up at the school Halloween party being head ache inducing. Hahaha  Glad DH got home in time to go!  Wow, three books from the library at one?  That’s too much book pressure for me LOL

HCK – OMG I busted out laughing about the sex toy table.  What the what??  LOL  Congrats on the AG place!!

Gatsby – whoa hey I’m feeling mighty fancy being a mileage twin with you on Sat.  Woot!  Awesome witch costume!  Bet the runners loved that.  You know, I’ve thought about tapering only 2 weeks, too.  We shall see.

Karen – OMG I was dying laughing at your Halloween costumes!  Look at you being all extroverty!  Good plan blowing off that 10miler.  That’s way too hot plus you got some awesome extra sleep!

Diane – thoughts for your MIL.

Sue – oh no on the stroke!  Healing vibes to her.  Awwww congrats to the new baby boy coming in April!!

I will try to stay in a good mood all day!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, nice run.  Have fun at core!  And right?  It's like I forgot to sign up for a marathon or something.  DON'T TEMPT ME!

Susan, yay for not having the boss there this week.  Ugh, hoping your coworker's wife makes it.

Sandy, Mexican is not normally yucky, ugh. Keep up that good mood so I don't have to!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sandy--thanks for the reminder. I usually get a flu shot bc I have been traveling so much for work. I do not want to get sick. I ought to go today, since I'm traveling in 3 weeks.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Not pleased...  the practice manager who OK'd my needs here at the new place quit.  But the medical director still here was unaware of these things.  This isnt going to go well...  need the job, will take it, but not planning on staying long.

More later.  Sigh,grrr, ugh.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Kat.  Hoping you can get what you negotiated with or find somewhere else.

BTW, Hershey was, after all, constipated, lol.  Glad it was just that.  Adding more lactulose and wet food to his diet to see if that works.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris - I know!  How can you go wrong with Mexican??  This stuff was BAD.  Well, except the chips and guac   Awww poor Hershey.  Glad he got himself some relief!  I'm sure I will come home to a pile somewhere LOL  He was meowing around all morning.

Kat - ugh on work!

Good mood here!  Worked a few hours yesterday and made some progress on stuff due this week. Have several briefs to be filed in court but now feeling like I might survive the week.

Ran 5.3 yesterday, not sure if I’ll take a rest day if at (and hit the grocery store on the way home) or do intervals after work.  Doesn’t the latter sounds like the better option?  

Lisa, hope your mood is good. Nice miles over the weekend!

Lori, I didn’t know the exchange rate was that bad. I thought Canadian and US dollars were pretty close, apparently not!  Nice 25k!  I agree with Lizzie, maybe take a walk to loosens the muscles up.

Lizzie, nice that the runs are feeling good!  You and HCF will look great in any outfits since you’ll be radiating happiness, don’t stress!

HCK, laughing at the sex toys at the race.  Wtf?!

CrazySue, awww congrats on the GS to be!

Damaris, but Houston isn’t until January?  What will you do for the next 2.5 months?!  

Ooops, almost my train stop. Will stop by later to finish.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, I get a flu shot every. It's required at my work and they provide it for free. I was getting them at work before it became mandatory. Even though I don't work with kids, sharing a building with k-8 kiddos is a pretty good reason to get one.