Womens Running

Throaty Women Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Speak up!

Off to gym to do upper body and something other than running.

annie Susan-so what did it say? sorry.

Ginny-did you sign up?

Judy-good luck with the boxes.

Laura-most "people" are stupid. I'm in HR, so this is a professional opinion. Not any of us of course. That's also a professional opinion.

Cindy-we did the park with the castle twice. it's just so big!

Sugar-have a great half!

Karen-sounds like you need some recovery time.. to catch up on your reading and rr writing. might as well do some 'rithmatic.

Marjorie-yeah for not turning on computer!!

Damaris-so sorry to hear about your cat.

Tessa-well with an extra $60k he could get to those races. I liked how they said he could keep up the running by running around the prison yard...

Linda-WTG!!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, are you getting a cold or something? I hate it when I get *throaty* because sometimes I'm on the way to getting sick.

Boxes arrived, were moved and stored successfully. We had lots of help from 3 young strong guys.    They also took pity on a very small woman who was trying to help.

I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD at home after work.

Today I’ll go to the track for a run. Light and easy.

Happy runs, All!   Namaste

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Yes Lisa!  I registered for the Cleveland Half, May 18th!  I am committed now, if someone doesn't commit me before then.

Went to a circuit class last night, taught by the trainer I had been working with.  I was the oldest one there by a lot, but I held my own!  Class is held 3 times a week, but if I continue I can only make it 2 of the 3.

Really, really do not want to go to work this morning, but 90% of America probably feels that way, so I will suck it up and face those patrons and that multi-functioning printer device thingy  again!  We lovingly call it that "MFing machine"!!!!  Forgive my language!  Wish me luck!  Plus it is supposed to start snowing again today, it has been great having the streets and sidewalks clear...oh well, it is January in Ohio, what do I expect???

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, glad it is Thursday!  Been a long week though tomorrow should be a quieter day, so just gotta get through this one lol

4 miles on the TM   Day 23 of running streak

Lisa - I agree with your personal and professional opinion ha ha!  Have a good workout

Ginny - ha that is funny about the printer, I call of lot of things that

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Didn't have any more time because I got a freaking bloody nose a few minutes into the run. And not just one side. No, my nose decided both sides would be a good idea. So lucky I was only a little ways from the hotel. Walked back since I didn't have any tissue with me. Finally got it to stop. Went out again with tissue this time. Had to keep reminding myself no snot rockets. Hard when it was 34 degrees so my nose was a fountain and after all these years it is pretty automatic when I'm running.  At least it didn't start gushing again. I stopped again around mile 3 to get more tissue at a Paneras. But that nice delay meant no 10 for me. Still a run is still a run and I got a few tempo miles in there Now I'm at the airport to go home.  I hate dry air. I didn't bring my saline spray so it was part of the problem.

Tessa I'm getting a Lincoln MKZ hybrid. I pick it up tomorrow

Lisa I almost list my voice all the talking I did yesterday. It is fine today, though so not very throaty.

Laura good fir for you with the running streak.

Marjorie

camille2

Marjorie, that's too bad about the nose bleed. Glad you got it stopped.

Demaris, I'm sorry about your kitty.  I hope it recovers.

Karen, you deserve some time off!  How old was your niece who did her first half?  Cute kid who looked great at the finish!

Laura, woo-hoo on the streak!

Ginny, have you done that half before?  It's so much fun to look at and sign up for races.

I had PT  yesterday.  One thing about this...I'll have a strong right butt when I'm finished-might be lopsided. : )  I did the elliptical and bike today and switched off with 10" cycles.  I did play with the settings and started on easier levels, but also used a different machine for the second 10min and it didn't burn my quads like the first machine-different settings, I guess. I think the elliptical is harder than running but at least, it felt like I'd had a workout.

ginnyb

Camille...this will be the 4th time that I have run the Cleveland Half.  I like it and it isn't that far away.

Well I may have put a curse on the MFmachine because now it is malfunctioning even worse than yesterday!  Out of order sign has been placed!  Yay,  little peace and quiet..

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Daisy collapsed at 10ish and she was dead by 11.  We are very sad.  I have 7 miles tonight, hoping I"m in the mood to run.  I am also feeling myself getting sick, ugh.

Quick wave hello.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Hi ladies,

Need a short break from work, which is incredibly busy lately. I thought I'd be able to take some vacation and not be swamped upon return since I haven't even been here quite three months. Ha. I must have been walking around with fear in my eyes at some point this week, because my boss told me today that I was really good at this, and that was why she feels comfortable loading me up with work, even though I have almost no experience. And that I shouldn't doubt myself, because she had no doubt I would do a good job based on what I've done so far, which is way more than she thought I'd be able to do at this point. So that's good I guess. And the days are flying by.

Damaris, I am so sorry about Daisy. That is tough. I hope the run helps you process things and feel a little better.

Lisa, Throaty Thursday indeed. I have a tickle in my throat and am popping Zicam like crazy. I do not want to get a cold. My best friend's stepdaughter wanted to go into HR because she likes people, and my friend told her that was the last place she should go! I agree most people are stupid, which is why I don't have a job dealing with them all the time. Impressed that you can do it and keep your sanity!

Ginny, glad you signed up for the Cleveland half! And glad that you seem to be getting some of your mojo back.

Laura, nice streaking!

Marjorie, that sucks about the nose bleed. I don't think I've ever gotten one in both sides at once! Glad you were still able to get some sort of run in. Exciting on the new car.

Camille, my niece is 15 and cute and sweet as can be. My sister has good kids. And I can hear it now about you...did you see that lady? She has an incredibly strong right butt! Kudos to you for doing the elliptical - for some reason I find it even more boring than the TM. Plus my toes get numb when I do it, so I'm not good for more than 5-10 minutes.

I haven't done a single thing workout-wise since the marathon Sunday. I think I'll ride my bike tonight. At one point during the half my sister was running behind me and when we stopped for our next walk break she asked if I did any upper body workouts. I said no, and she told me she could tell, because my legs were really, really muscular and defined, and my arms were like little twigs. She promised to really train for her next race if I promised to do some sort of upper body work. So I'm going to try to use the bowflex once again. 2-3 times a week, starting tonight. Hold me to it, okay?

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....had a weird dream about you last night.  We were at a hotel, you passed out, for whatever reason I thought gatorade would help, so I was running around this huge hotel looking for gatorade.  One of those dreams where you keep getting lost...don't think I ever found the gatorade, so don't know how you fared.   If you will hold me accountable for WT I will you.  For whatever reason, it is hard for me to stick to it.  I am trying again too.

Marjorie....sorry about the nose bleed.  I never get them.  Nice run anyway.

Damaris...so sorry about your kitty.  Hope the run helps some.

ginny

SugarLand

Tessy -Newtons $60

Karen - books from the library on your Kindle? please explain - I have a Kindle love it

Another gourgeous day - will run a relaxing 3 miles just to warm my legs up some

BBL

ginnyb

Libraries have Ebooks that you can borrow that are dowloaded onto your device, they are returned automatically, so never a late fee.

ginny

SugarLand

Ginny that's really cool will have to check that out I have a library down the street from me

LC Runs

Marjorie -  that sucks about the bloody nose, do you get them often?  I am fortunate and it's rare occurrence for me (my kids too, thank goodness).

Camille - lol on the lopsided butt!   There' s a new show on Bravo called "Tone it Up" and its' about two young fitness trainers.  They are kind of airheaded, but cute.  Anyhow, one of the girls told the other that her boobs were lopsided because she uses her right arm more!  Ha, cracked me up

Damaris - I am so sorry about Daisy ((hugs))

Karen - enjoy the rest, you deserve it!  One thing I really don't like about my new job is that I have no days off at all (other than holidays).  I had so much PTO at my last job and here I have to work 90 days (which I just reached) before I even start acruuing time.  Even then, it's a slow process.  Oh well.

Hi Sugarland!!

Bikerchick1

Wow, interesting group today, lopsided butts, throaty women, MF machines, gatorade nightmares, twig arms....very entertaining 

I have nothing exciting to post.....did DM workout last night....really am not fond of it...but too dark, and too icey to venture out after work, or even before work right now.    Busy work week!

Damarias - So sorry about Daisy.....

Ginny - Good for you on Cleveland!!!!

Hi to all!

Carol