Womens Running

Maaaarvelous Monday! (over 40) (Read 18 times)

ginnyb

marvelous because I have the whole week off!  It feels so good!  No plans at all.

Got out and ran 3 miles this morning.  I hadn't run in a week, but I wanted my calf pain to be completely gone before I ran again...it was and I did.  Started out a little slow, but perked up after the first mile and felt good.

DH and I painted the front porch floor this weekend.  Color isn't exactly what I thought it would be, but I am getting used to it.  A little brighter than I wanted.  A lot of scraping, cleaning, taping and painting.  I had pains in places I have not had in a long time, but it was worth it.

Sorry, I really haven't read the forum since Friday.  Hope all is well and everyone had a good 4th.

Judy...sending positive thoughts your way to keep you going.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, I am jealous. I want a week off! I went to bed early last night and slept hard until my alarm went off this morning. I may have to resort to a second cup of coffee this morning. Running 7 after work. It will be 95 degrees then according to the internet, so it will most likely be pretty slow.

I have to go to a cookout at my bosses house on Wednesday night. I'm supposed to bring a dessert item. I want something that is easy to carry (because I will have to bring it in on the train in the morning) and doesn't need refrigerating (because we just have a mini-fridge in the office and it's usually already full of lunches others brought). And it needs to be easy to make, since I'm running 9 miles tomorrow night so will be tired when it comes time to make it. Any suggestions?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Thunderstorm here this morning so went to gym.

Will run tomorrow for last time before Saturday's marathon.  (Can't believe I'm doing a marathon on Saturday)

Ginny-your porch is so lovely!  I bet it's even lovelier now!

Karen-rice crispy treats?  Maybe shaped in some cute way or add mini M&M's to brighten them up?

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa....what marathon are you doing this weekend?  What did I miss?  Is this the Dances with Dirt?  If so, I didn't realize it was a marathon.

Karen...rice krispie treats is a great idea.  I can't think of anything that would be easy for you to transport. Chocolate Chip cookies?  They are always a hit.

Waiting for my friend from Columbus, she is in town for the day.  She is the one who talked me into the Columbus Half in October.  She doesn't run, but her DD does and that is who I will be running it with...well, not with, but in the same race!  Actually this is the friend who got me started running the longer distances.  Invited me to do the Minnie Marathon in Disney with her DD, all expenses paid, in May of 2008!  So we have her to thank for this madness!!  And she isn't even a runner!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Karen, I'll add brownies to the list-the S F choc co (sp) makes a great mix or buy an apple pie at Costco. The're good. Choc dipped strawberries are easy, too.

Gatsby, the trail leads to the Harding Ice Field.  It's 300 sq mi (or acres-forgot already) of ice and has several glaciers coming off, including Exit, the one in Seward.

tessa and Lisa, there were a 5-6 people between me and the bear and we waited until it moved out. They hiked toward it and I turned back since I was hiking alone and it was just past my turn around. My Fbks friend and the hiking club were climbing Mt Alice and I'm not in shape for peak bagging yet. They recommended this and it's a beautiful trail. I did have bear spray and would be terrified if a bear seemed aggressive, but that's rare so it's kind of neat.

Tessa and Lisa, both of you run trails where there are snakes. Lisa, if I were running thru the waist high bushes in your pic, I'd have a stick beating the bushes ahead of me.  You never mention them though. Aren't they a problem?

Ginny, way to go on painting your porch. Sounds like a big job.  That sure sounds like a great friend.

Cindy, enjoy your time with just one boy to keep up with. I'll bet it seems quiet.

Judy, thinking of you.

Marjorie, nice miles.

hi to everyone else!

I rode bike and walked yesterday.  I am heading back to town this morning and will prob take today off.  It's raining anyway.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny nice having the week off

Karen maybe something from here?  http://allrecipes.com/recipes/everyday-cooking/quick-and-easy/quick-and-easy-desserts/

No thanks on snakes or bears

rest day today.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I know a lot of them need refrigeration. But many don't. So worth a shot.

food.com has some that are 5 ingredient or less deserts too.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, any allergies in the group? These are easy:

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars

6 c. rolled oats

1 c. butter

2 tsp. vanilla

2 c. brown sugar

2 c. chocolate chips

1 c. smooth peanut butter

Melt butter in skillet. Stir in oats and sauté about 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla and brown sugar and mix thoroughly.

Heat chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl until melted. Mix in peanut butter.

Spread half the oat mixture on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spread the chocolate peanut butter mixture on top. Spread the other half of the oat mixture on top of that. Put another piece of foil on top of the whole thing. Press down firmly.

Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Cut into small squares. Best served at room temperature.

Or you could just buy cookies and bring them!

Ginny, nice to have a week off. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. You are brave to paint the porch!

Glad the calf pain is less. And thanks to your friend for getting you into this!

Camille, yes we have snakes, but ours announce their presence (rattle, rattle, rattle) and they are mostly shy. I stick to trails rather than cutting through brushy areas, and when I'm coming even the deafest, slowest snake has time to get out of the way. Don't you have snakes in Fairbanks, or is it too cold for them?

Lisa, envious of you and Karen doing the marathon. Enjoy!

Marjorie, enjoy the rest day.

Thinking of Judy.

No run this morning since I took Sis to the airport, but planning a gym run at lunch.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, thank you so much for the card.

DH passed away peacefully very early yesterday morning. This was a resolution of about 10 years of illness (Parkinson's syndrome and Lewy Body Dementia). I am feeling much more relieved that he is in a better place. Bereavement leave worked out well for DS who will be here the rest of the week. My dentist saw to my injured tooth this morning (a miss-bite bruised it). Who knew? We think my jaw aching is due to grinding teeth at night, especially at this stressful time.

Thank you so much for all your caring thoughts. It meant a great deal to me at such a stressful time.  :::HUGS:::

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hugs Judy! Sorry you have to go through this.

Marjorie

Judy, sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  Sorry for your loss.  I hope you find come comfort knowing your DH is in a better place.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Judy, I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  Hugs and lots of healing thoughts your way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page