Womens Running

Thunderstormy Thursday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K easy with Sam.  Pouring rain and a bit of thunder. Surprisingly not too sore after my 3 sets each of triple digit squats and deadlifts.

RR#2 - DH ran 5 miles outside for the first time and said he could have kept going.

TR/QOTD - bought him different toothpaste (but one he's used before) and decided that he hated the flavour.  Maybe tonight he won't hate it..but my question is..how/when did you teach your kids to use "big kid" (spit out) toothpaste?

FR - nicoise salad.  I was super annoyed that the Italian tuna in oil costs $1 more than the same brand in water.  The sausage/grilled veggie dish last night was out of this world delicious.

NRR - pedicure tonight.  I'm going to bring my own topcoat.  And I'll probably bring my own polish too, because their selection sucks.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: hope the run isn't too wet! Nice job on the squats and DLs! No advice on the toothpaste yet... grr on the tuna price!

RR: heading out for 6-7 in a bit, with some strides at the end. It rained here overnight and looks like more for today.

TR: getting so big- I can't believe I'm going to have a 2 yo this month! Had fun at the park yesterday afternoon and played peek a boo with the girl who came over to cut my hair.

NRR: as mentioned above, got my haircut yesterday- it's short for me. Just above shoulder length, and she put longer layers in it. The girl that cuts my hair is the wife of one of my coworkers, she comes to my house and only charges $10, nice! She works at a salon downtown.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - some elliptical, ST and core

TR - I think her teeth are really bugging her.  Randomly busts out crying, trying to shove her fingers in her mouth, drooling... her bottom molars didn't seem to bother her as much, but these top ones coming in seem to.  Her appetite is still off, although she ate romaine lettuce for the first time last night (coated in Caesar dressing but hey, she's eating..)

NRR - it's a cold, not allergies.  Sigh.  The meds I took made me drowsy last night but I've been up since 2am.  I have tomorrow off, and don't really want to take a sick day the day before a vacation day...

zorbs - i think tuna in general is expensive.. we usually buy the albacore in bulk from Costco, but dh once bought that flavoured stuff and it like triple the price of one can..

rg - $10 is so cheap for a haircut!  Mine charges way too much (IMO) but I still keep going to her...

mrszackmorris

rr: 6m with rp.

kr/tr: last day of swim lessons. Yesterday dd1 successfully dove for rings when she hadn't before.

br: repeating everything we say. Everything.

nrr: headed out to buy donuts for the girls' swimming lessons instructors/lifeguards.

nrr2: play date this morning after lessons.

fr: chicken sandwiches

--------------

zorbs: I had dreams about two different ex boyfriends last night. I blame you. Wink

rg: nice on the haircut! Do you give her a big tip then?

cx2: anything planned for your day of vacation?

Erniegirl

RR - SRD. Will do some planks. Had the weirdest Garmin glitch yesterday. It recorded distance and time accurately throughout my whole run but, then, at the end, it flashed "New record! Fastest mile in 2:31!" HA! Oh yeah, I meant to just do an easy stroller run but I couldn't hold back from setting a world record. That's how I roll.

TR - In love with the older boys down the street. She saw them outside after our run and ran right over, grinning and waving. They were washing their dad's car and let her hold the hose to help. She was in heaven.

FR - Spaghetti

NRR - Heading to the farm to get our CSA box. It rained all night so S is going to get nice and muddy! Play date this afternoon.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  13 rounds at the stairs today.  My arms are going to fall off.  A cop stopped to give us a hard time today.  He thought we were resting when we were doing wall sits.  Nope Smile

TR:  Ugh, so cranky.  The kid needs more sleep.  He is starting to get bags under his eyes.

NRR:  DH is going to C'ville tomorrow.  I hate him since he will be going to Whole Foods for lunch.

FR:  Roasted red potatoes and green beans.  Rotisserie chicken.

Gotta call the court real quick, then I'll be back for personals.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - taking an extra rest day this week so cycling during M's daycamp today. My ankles and calves feel pretty good this morning though. A bit tight but not too bad.

BR - sttn. When I got home from my run last night dh had just put her down but she was still fussing so I rescued her so I could nurse her instead of pumping. She gave me some big smiles and cuddles for that Smile

NrR - dh and i are going to see a dayhome today. I also need to book us to see the daycare. Unless her prices are super low or the dayhome looks horrible ill probably go with the daycare as it will always be open, have more kids and adults for M to socialize with, etc. I guess I should also email work to let them know what day I'm coming back.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Zorbs:  We just started with the spitting.  We had to fill up a cup of water and show him how to spit for a while for him to get the hang of it.  C has some spiderman foam toothpaste that he hates (even though he picked it out).  Keeps telling me its too spicy.

RG:  Nice!  I need to get someone to cut my hair, since I always just cut it myself.  I feel like no one will tell me it looks bad Wink

Cx2:  boo on the cold, I am trying to get rid of one right now.  It sucks.

MrsZM:   Ack!  You said donuts.  Now I am going to think about them all day long Smile

Ernie:  Hahaha, I thought only nike did that.  I apparently can run a 4min/mile.  We are just good like that :P

beckykay

xpost:  CA:  Awe, cuddles - I miss those.  Now it is more like ninja moves are how he shows affection.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Oh and ER - we did this TRX move in a side plank position yesterday, omg my obliques!!! Must do that one more!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Probably a walk or time on the elliptical today.

TR:  Went to the truck pulls at the fair last night with DH.  Didn't get home until almost 11!  He had "big boy" cereal this morning.  (We actually put it in a bowl with milk.)  He did pretty good. We are headed to Y Class this morning.  I really hope I don't have to sit in there, but those hopes aren't too high.

NRR:  Kind of crazy that today is August 1st.  School starts in a month and baby is due in two.  We still don't have a sub for me which sucks really bad.  I am going to end up with someone who doesn't know a lick about my curriculum.   I've been working a lot lately too.  Taught all last week, and did staff trainings this week Mon & Wed.

FR:  Loving orange sherbet lately.  Better than ice cream IMO.

zorbs - So, when will you and DH start doing your daily runs together?  You have a built in RP then!

rg - That is great to have found someone that will come to your house and cut hair.  My mom used to do that a lot (she also cuts hair).  It was nice for her to get some cash on the side.

Crap...we have to leave in half an hour!  So not ready!  BBL

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

RR: just under 5m this morning.  Legs felt good but the dang humidity - 96% ! At that point I would really just as well run in the rain, maybe then I could breathe.

NRR: my mom has shingles.  She is totally miserable and completely annoyed that she has it - she's 64 yo healthy eater/exerciser/no meds/ no stress and BAM! she's down for the count.

Zorbs/QOTD: My kids went from the toddler toothpaste., to the Kids crest at about 3-4 yrs old and still prefer the kids kids b/c the mint flavor of the adult tp is 'too spicy' according to them.  We used the Aquafresh kids for awhile b/c it was the only kind they could operate themselves without making a total mess.

RG: What a great set up for a haircut!  I don't think I'd care what she did to me for $10 at my own house - thats just awesome

Ernie - congrats on the world record - hehehehe.  I hate when that stuff happens and throws off all the average paces/times

Cx2: hope you feel better before your vacation!

Zack: soo cool DD1 can dive for rings now! My DD has a hard time getting to the bottom of the pool

BKay: thats funny the cops tried to bust up your workout - ha!

CTimesTwo

dexy - ouch on the shingles.  I had them when i was in my 20's and it was NOT fun.. 96% humidity is awful..

mer - wow no sub for you yet?  They're cutting it kind of close, aren't they?  We give C "big girl" cereal in a bowl (no milk though) but she usually takes the cereal out of the bowl and puts it on her tray, and then eats it LOL..

CA- we looked at 2 or 3 in home daycares before we found our nanny. The prices weren't terrible in my area but finding the "right" one was difficult.  Hope you find one that suits your needs!  When are you going back to work?

ernie - congrats on setting a world record!  I knew you were fast, just not *that* fast!  Smile

becky - 13 flights of stairs?  I go up about 15 steps to my desk and I feel like i'm dying... LOL on the cop though..

mrsz - nope no plans, i just took the day off to make it a 4 day weekend for me (Monday is a stat holiday), but now that i'm sick, I guess all I can do is hope it doesn't get worse so I can actually relax..

beckykay

Dexy:  We were sweating buckets with the humidity out there today.  I thought it would be nice since it had just rained.  Nope.

Cx2:  The stairs are basically 140 steps with a couple of flat landings so around 1800 steps today Smile   Wait, that would just be going up the stairs.....

WWYD:  A good friend is coming to VA from Denver to visit her parents.  For me the drive is 3 hours one way.  Of course she never has a car when she is visiting so I have to go.  Am I a bad friend for not wanting to drive that far the weekend before my DH and Kiddo leave me for a week?  DH can't come because he is allergic to cats and hates sitting outside the whole time we are visiting.  I am willing to meet her somewhere in the middle but I doubt she will go for it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD.

TR: In good spirits but still looks like he lost a boxing match Sad  Very emphatic when he's hungry "MAMA! More O-gurt, more!"

FR: Corn chowder last night, not sure about tonight. DH is on night shift and we are running low on food

NRR: Bossman gone taking his kids to the waterslides today. The air is disgusting, I hope they have fun despite it.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07