Womens Running

Thinkin It's Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

LC Runs

Good Morning, only one more day till the end of the work week! 

LC Runs

No workout for me this morning, have to get everyone up and out of the house early since I have to meet some co-workers to travel 2 hours to our holiday 'party'.  Ba Humbug to me!    Oh well, it's a day out of the office, I suppose lol.

Tessa - have you looked into your local Area on Aging?  They typically have programs (free or low cost share) to help with caregiving for people 60 and over.  I coordinate services through the local Commission on Aging around here for people who don't qualify for Medicaid (for which there is a Waiver program to keep them out of a nursing home).

Here's a link:

https://www.aging.ca.gov/Programs/#FCS

camille2

Tessa, I've been thinking about you, too. I'm happy to read that Hospice is continuing.  I agree with Laura about checking into your Senior Services. We worked with ours a lot in Fairbanks and they were great. However, if your hubby still needs blood work regularly or any other skilled care, he might fit regular home care guidelines for Home Health. My mom is getting weekly B12 injections so meets both nursing and PT criteria right now, but I think it'll only last another month or so.

Have a great day, everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 5 miles and core last night, visited Trixie and talked to the vet.  She is recommending we get her home today.  I just need to convince the Vet boss.  8 with core tonight.

LC Runs, I am looking forward to Friday indeed!

Camille, morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning!  Did some speedwork this morning at 8:00 (target ) pace.  I am beat.  I think the trainer is going to be worth it, though.  She worked up a training plan based on my goals and race paces, worked with me on strength issues (she is a PT) and gave me some core exercises plus some exercises to strengthen hips.

Tessa--glad that DH is back on the hospice plan.

Out late with the knitters last night, baked some kumquat bread and Meyer lemon tarts for church luncheon today and was up with Ben several times last night.  If I hadn't already told Jeff I would run this morning I would not have gotten out of bed.  Glad I ran, but I really feel a nap attack coming on!

Have a great day!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, our Area Agency on Aging got my DH health situation totally geared toward everything he needed. They have such great access to all kinds of resources.

As of yesterday early morning, I am totally off vicodin and feel much better. The aches and pains are under control with advil and tylenol when necessary.
              Progress: Yesterday I walked the length of the mall (with assorted shopping thrown in) without any aches or pains. Ever since the fall I have said that walking would help me stay flexible and heal. It is so true! :grin: This morning I shampooed my hair, staples and all. It felt so much better. It's so weird to have staples in your head. :laugh::laugh:
              Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

I'm sorry so totally not run related, but I couldn't resist posting this recent pic of our twin GD's....they just make me smile!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny---they are dolls!

Judy--glad to hear you are doing better.

Docket_Rocket

Cute GDs!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

What cute babies! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No running for me since my half - I'm trying to give my shins a bit of a break. I did 55 minutes on the arc trainer yesterday, and went to core class today. I'm planning on running on Saturday.

Tessa - I was glad to read that you were able to retain the hospice assistance.

Judy - I'm so glad you weren't injured worse from your fall. DS3 has had staples in his head - they're a bit freaky!

Karen - glad your DH wasn't hurt, but sorry his car was totaled. That kind of thing can happen so fast.

Damaris - poor kitty. I hope she continues to improve.

Lisa - I hope the shots help with your knee. I can't imagine how frustrated you are.

Laura - how was the party? I hope it was worth the 2 hour drive!

Crazysue - knowing someone is waiting for you in the morning can be a great motivator.

Ginny - those girls are adorable!

Off to bed. DH is out of town overnight, which means I'm on my own in the morning to get the boys ready and out the door, so I need my energy!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

howdy.  Just finished doing some stuff for work.  Long days!  Had to do a letter telling an insurance company why they were wrong.  Love using their own policy to point this out Smile  I actually do like doing that.....

I go home tomorrow but have to go to a clinic on the way to the airport.

Great pictures Ginny!

Judy glad you are healing

Waves to everyone.  Back to the computer for just a few more things.

Marjorie