Womens Running

Sugar Cookie TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH YEAH! I can get behind some sugar cookies! We are doing sugar cookies as favors for the wedding Smile Can you guess what shape they are in Wink

Oh, and Karen, I hope you like sugar cookies since its your BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.3 for me. I did 2 miles tempo.

Temps were in the high 60's..dewpoint was right behind it but it did feel a little better than it has been lately. Threw some speed work in there just to give my legs a preview whats coming starting next week Wink Felt good to go fast! Was hovering in the 8's - which is just crazy to me. Yesterday marked 5 months no smoking. Still dream about it quite frequently. This weather is only lasting until tomorrow, so going to try to get my butt up earlier to get in a mid week "longer" run. I say earlier but it really used to be my "normal" wake up time. Its harder these days.

My inbox is already flooded. Starting a bit early today because I have a wedding hair and makeup trial at noon! My mom is coming down for it. The woman told me no straightening my hair or makeup on - I should take a picture of my hair right now. FRO. Excited to see a little preview of what I will look like on wedding day Wink

Judy – Didn’t even think about that with the remote!!

Run4kupcakes – Ugh, hate it when it is hot in the bedroom! Are you having any flooding in your area? I have been hearing about it all over the news!

Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept like shit last night but oh, well.  I never ran yesterday so I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Liz, nice run.

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning all. Off to kettlebells soon. But first:

Happy birthday Karen!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

5.1 this morning w Steve.  Wow was it hot and steamy.  Had to take a couple of walk breaks.

Tonight we're going to an estate planning talk at church. One of those things we really need to take care of.

Happy birthday Karen!!!

I'm already tired.

Love sugar cookies!!

Seloc

Quick check in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!  You share yours with my nephew so I will always remember 

No run today.  Hips and booty and high hamstrings have just been killing me.  Like wake me up at night aches.  Only did 8ish on Saturday with the marathon training class.  The slowest group is running about a min/mi faster than I should be for a long run.  It's pretty demoralizing.  Especially since my younger self would have been running with the 2nd fastest group.  Might have to stop going.  5 on Sunday.

Readers: The Friend Zone is SOOO good.  It came available MUCH sooner than expected.  No doubt because it is such a quick read.  That was my entire Sunday haha.  But, man, do I need to quit reading those sappy love stories.  No WAY there will EVER be one of those fellas in my life.  Le sigh.

Work continues to crush my soul.  The worm is bound to turn soon, right??  Nice to read you all are doing well.  Keep it up!!

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, nice runs this weekend.  Sorry about the group paces.  Might as well run when you want alone if no one will be joining you.

Margaret, enjoy the kettlebells.

Susan, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, cannot imagine you with a fro.  Glad the weather was a bit cooler for you and your run.

Damaris, bummer on not sleeping well, that always sucks.

Margaret, enjoy kettlebells. I suppose I should look up what they are one day, they sound hard though.

Sue, I hope there is lots of good info tonight for you guys.

Sandy, so sorry work is so bad right now.  Hugs to you.  Crap about the running group.  I hope it works out for you. I understand your frustration though.  That is why I don't try to hook up with groups.

Karen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Work dinner was OK, 30 min late due to a nutter client.  Food was excellent.  Company, meh.  Sat next to my boss whom I like.  Opposite end from the jackass.  Boss saved me a seat, even said he figured I would appreciate being far away...  Smart man.  They were drinking too, YAY!  Ya never know at work functions.

Volunteering on Saturday at a night race.  Apparently they are way short of help so I offered.  I really like the race company, great RD's/owner.  Luckily they can accommodate me coming early since I have to work Sun.  Hitting what is supposed to be an excellent BBQ joint on the way there.  Bringing my cooler to keep it safe.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, yes, the lack of remote happened to me. The remotes are more necessary now because so many controls are no longer on the device hardware. Progress sometimes retreats. 

45 minutes TM run then 25 minutes on the bike. Don't know about the car yet...they were having internet difficulties. oooops!

My big toe has had some pain at night when I get into bed. One night it kept waking me up. I suspect it is due to the pronation/how my arch support is placed. I hope to get to my podiatrist.

Happy exercise, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!!

3.6 for me this morning.  I took yesterday off, but had a really good running week last week (31 miles), I need to retire so I can do more fun things LOL

Lizzie - fun on the hair and makeup!  Nice run this morning!!

Damaris - ugh on the poor sleep last night.  Have a good run and Pilates later!!

Margaret - enjoy the kettleballs!

Sue - nice morning run.  Sorry your run 'hubby' is leaving.

Hi Sandy!!  My work is crushing my soul, too.  UGH!!

Kat - glad the work dinner went well and glad you didn't have to sit near annoying person lol!

Judy - hope the toe feels better soon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAREN!!

Nothing much new here, back at work and the daily routine...

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! (it is still morning here, but just barely)

I ran 15 this morning. My birthday present to myself was not running 18 miles this morning. Hot, humid, steam, gross, etc. You know, the usual. I took a couple breaks, walked a few times, and luckily towards the end a few clouds blocked the sun for a bit here and there.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! They are much appreciated. No big birthday plans here. I'm going to go run a few errands this afternoon and get my birthday drink from Starbucks, that's about it. And of course, ice cream tonight.

I finished Miracle Creek by Angie Kim last night. Was a little unsure with the premise, but it turned out to be really good.

Sandy, I was noticing The Friend Zone seems to be moving quickly through my holds. I think I'm now #2 on 7 copies, so may get it before we fly out Thursday night. If you like goofy entertaining romance, The Unhoneymooners was good. I flew through that one over the weekend. That's a bummer about the group runs. Are there other people that seem like they should be going slower? Maybe you can form a subgroup.

Liz, exciting on the hair and makeup preview! I can't believe it's really only a little over three months away! I do like sugar cookies - at least today is not coconut or lima bean day.

Susan, I feel ya on the hot and steamy. Assume you're watching this storm developing along with us.

Kathryn, glad the work dinner wasn't awful.

Judy, that's annoying about the toe pain. Hopefully it will be something the podiatrist can fix easily.

Laura, nice mileage last week! I recommend retirement, it's a lot of fun. And relaxing.

Gatsby, look at you posting early this morning!

Damaris, enjoy the 6 tonight.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

5 easy miles this morning, a massage, and a day off for me.    I also had to pick up the kids from summer school today so I figured I might as well take the day off.    It was mid 50's when I ran this morning, now it's mid 80's.  So it will be nice and warm for my speedwork tomorrow.  I thought about switching things around, but my legs were a little tired this morning.  Of course, they felt better halfway through the run.  Oh well.

Lizzie, nice tempo preview.    Interesting that you dream about smoking.  It's been tough for me to get up early, the kids want to stay up later so that doesn't help.  Well, after they finish summer school in a couple weeks then I can sleep in a little.  Until they start school.    Exciting about the wedding hair/makeup preview!  Well, it was warmer when I did my long run on Sunday.  Almost 70!  Ha.  I will have to look into the "open box" and refurbished iPads.

Damaris, I have not been sleeping well either.  I should take a nap.    Enjoy the workouts!

Sandy, ugh on the body issues!  I hope you feel better.  That marathon training class must be small!  We have a pretty large group here for the marathon build-up runs.  I bet you would fit right in here!    I am still waiting for Friend Zone.  Picked up the Tattooist the other day.  I don't know if those fellas exist in real life.  

Kat, nice of your boss to save you a seat!  Great idea about hitting a BBQ joint on the way to volunteering!

Judy, I hope your toe is better!

Laura, very nice weekly miles for you!  You are pretty sneaky with those miles. Consistent!   

Karen, happy birthday!  That sounds like an awesome present.    Enjoy your day!

Sue, nice that you will have some extra days with DH!

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh man. Just got through washing my hair for the second time today. Ha. Hate doing that because my hair is so dry! Hair and makeup trial went well! I want to make a few changes to the hair..I like things so simple, but the hairstyle I picked out was a little too simple so I want to change some things in the front. You guys will see what I am talking about when pictures are posted - haha. Makeup looked AWESOME! Looks so weird..being glammed up. I came home and immediately washed it off Wink

OH - found my wedding shoes today. How awesome are these?!

Docket – Ugh, sorry for the awful night sleep.

Margaret – Hope you had a good kettlebell class and a good day!

Susan – Nice run this morning!

Sandy – SSANNNDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Always love when you check in 😊 Man, sorry to hear about the sore hamstrings and booty!!! A chiro visit soon? I have a massage this week I almost rescheduled due to $$, but know I need it. I am sorry about the MTT paces ☹ I am with Damaris – might as well be running alone. Sorry, that’s a huge bummer. Hang in there with work.

Kathryn – LOL, so true about drinking at work functions. You never know! Woohoo on the volunteering! Sounds fun. The BBQ sounds even better. MMMMMMM.

Judy – Nice workout today. Yikes, sorry about that big toe! Hopefully its an easy “fix”.

Laura – Woohoo! Nice running last week and today!

Karen – NICE run this morning!! Yes, no need to do 18 in that crappy weather if you don’t have too. Are you currently in a training cycle? What kind of Blue Bell are you having tonight?!

Cathy – Excuse me? How are you getting so many days off?! Funny, I was just calculating how much PTO I will earn by wedding day. I think I will have 1 day that will be unpaid. Worth it. Anyway, nice run this morning! And massage? NICE. I have one later this week.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

One good thing about the toes situation is that I've found a few things that have helped. One was keeping the hurting toe warm with a sock stopped the pains immediately. I will post tomorrow after I see the "pod".  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Okay I need to Google The Friend Zone!