Womens Running

Forthwith! It is Friday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ahhhh, now if we can just drag out the weekend to about 4 days. HA!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was a good solid track run, then 25 minutes of cardio when I got home.

Plants are really starting to flourish out on the balcony. They love it out there!   Inside plants are also doing well. Growing plants really helps the depression. from the grieving. DH is holding his own but is able to do less and less. He slowly loses ground.  : (

Cardio run at home today after work and groceries.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Happy Friday!!

Sorry I've been MIA, no real reason, just busy with work, kids, etc...

Running's going well, scaled it back a bit this week - 5 on Wed, 5 on Thurs; 2.7 today.  I got my new shoes yesterday and had to try them out this morning!

Marathon tomorrow!  I'm working half a day, then BF and I will head out later this afternoon.  RB is picking up my bib today as they're heading up north earlier.  This will not be a fast marathon, I'm guessing between 4:30 and 5:00.  I just hope my stomach holds out.  I have been feeling okay during and after my long runs, so hopefully that will continue since I'm not planning on changing anything fuel-wise. I've had success with the GU Chomps and Honey Stingers (forget who makes those).

I will keep you all posted on how it goes!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I did 10 miles yesterday, took my car to the repair shop to get it fixed and got a rental.  This time they gave me a sweet free rental.  Last time they gave me a compact so old they hurt my lower back.  Car might be ready by Wednesday and I miss it already.  Ha.  Did Pilates last night too and this woman is relentless.  6-9 miles tonight.

Judy, nice about the plants.  I can have no plants.  If I don't forget to water them, the cats would eat them.  One time I brought roses in and Hershey destroyed them in 30 minutes.  Sigh.

LC Runs, looking forward to read about the marathon.  Have fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Judy, I am 100% behind your plan to stretch the weekends to four days.

Laura, have a great race tomorrow. The upside of running it slower is that you will have less time feeling crappy after and a much faster recovery! Good luck to your friend.

Damaris, how do you fit in 10 miles and Pilates in one day? I thought about getting up at 5 to get a few miles in this morning before work, since I have Pilates after, but then I opted for more sleep. Hmm, I guess I sort of answered my own question there.

Yesterday a storm came through right as I got off the train and to my car (it wasn't raining when I walked to the parking garage, was sprinkling when I drove out of the parking garage, and was pouring with roads flooding during the drive home. Good thing about it was that it dropped the temps by about 20 degrees, so once it blew through I got to run in 73 degree temps! Unfortunately I only had time for a little over 5 miles at that point, but it was a very nice 5 miles.

Pilates tonight. I blew off the bike race tomorrow (80% chance of rain, with the most likely chance between 10 and 11, and my start time would have been around 10:30) so will probably just run both weekend days. Marathon training starts Monday, so this has been my last week of lower mileage and lots of easy runs.

Oh Lisa, I did make my flight reservations and register for DWD. I'll text you the flight details so you have them.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Quick  check in today.  Busy week.  Ran yesterday am, then Yogalates last night.  Heading to the Upper Pennisula today for a long week-end getaway with DH.  We are going to do some hiking, and am trying out my new trail-running backpack.

Laura - Good Luck!!!  Excited to hear about.  My RB's name is Gayle (tiny little dark haired lady -64 y/o) though looks like a kid LOL!  She will be finishing about 4:40 ish I believe.

Sorry no personal's today, but getting packed and trying to get out of here.

Carol

camille2

Good luck, Laura! I hope your RB  doesn't slow you down too much.  Have fun!

Susan, on the laptop, I think I'd just say "no."  It  couldn't be good for the laptop, much less the person carrying it.

DR, woo-hoo on a good rental.

Lisa, I read your note on the other thread and have already forgotten. : )  Pathetic. Have a good weekend!

Karen, that's exciting that you're going to do DWD!

Carol, enjoy the UP.

Hi Judy!

I found $5 when I walked/ran last night.  That's a first for me. : )  It's gorgeous out-sunny and supposed to be 60's.

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, responded on runango.  I am so sorry for you.

Laura, good luck this weekend, hope RB finds some speed!

Susan, exactly why does this twit think you need a laptop along? How are you supposed to charge it, where are you supposed to carry it, and what does it do that you couldn't do with a pencil and paper? One of my cherished memories is the description of former big boss sitting on a rock by the Colorado River during a Grand Canyon rafting trip, cussing because he couldn't get a cell phone signal. Apparently he expected the phone company to have a satellite in geosynchronous orbit for his convenience.

Damaris, hope you get your car back. Re the plants -- we buy wheat grass for the cats, we think Ed is part goat the way she chows down on it. I am not very successful at growing things but I try. I do have tomatoes this year!

Karen, that storm was perfectly timed, wasn't it? Rain on the drive home then cooler for the run.

Carol, have a fun trip to the UP. Never been there but would like to.

Camille, yay on finding money!

Lisa, firefly? Like the new Amazon thingie or the TV show or what you catch at night?

I was tempted not to get up this morning, but did anyway. At about 3:59 I checked my phone. RN had texted me last night asking if I was running this morning. I texted "yes" and scurried down the driveway. She was already there and we had a nice run. Not much moon left but clear and the sky was lightening by the time we got back. I love this time of year.

Have done the two things I absolutely had to do today, now there is a conference call at noon. I will go to the gym afterwards.

Docket_Rocket

Sigh.  I did shoutouts and accidentally pressed the back button!

Karen, it only works because it's the day I work from home.  And I was falling asleep while watching a movie with hubby.

Tessa, hope you didn't fall asleep during the conference.  Who schedules these at noon, sheesh!

Carol, enjoy the UP.

Camille, finding $ is the best!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waves. Busy busy day. Started out with urgent stuff and spent all day on phone or emails. Glad no work this weekend. Will catch up then

Marjorie

Happy pre-weekend!  No running today. DH and I have a  trail race tomorrow (Double Dipsea, 13.7 miles, no more no less, haha).

Judy, virtual hugs to you and glad your plants are doing well.

LC, have fun at your marathon tomorrow!

Damaris, how is your SF marathon training going?

Karen, running this weekend sounds like a better idea than a bike race in the rain.

Carol, have a great getaway!

Camille, nice profitable run for you today!

MTA. Hi Marjorie (cross posted)

Tessa, your RN is such a reliable running buddy!

Hi to everyone else!  Will check in tomorrow afternoon.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

We might be impulse buying a house on the internet. Of all the "perfect" houses we've found and then seen sell a couple days later, one came on the market today that is truly perfect and exactly what we're looking for. In the location we want. At a price much lower than it would be if we had to build new. We've given our realtor the go ahead to make an offer, and I may go down next week for a couple days to look at it (and back out if needed). YIkes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

As impulse buys go, that would be a doozy!  Exciting!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR