Cupcake Connoisseur

YEAH BUDDY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me.

Decided to take a rest day. I got up at 4:30 and got dressed (weather outside was AWESOME) but then changed my mind. I had 6 in mind today and 7 tomorrow but then realized that if I ran today and tomorrow it would be 4 days in a row after a marathon! i dont like to run 4 days in a row on a GOOD week. Of course I changed my mind 3x before I finally tried to go back to sleep. I tossed and turned because my mind was just being mean to myself over not running - ended up falling back asleep for about 30 minutes. Sigh. I probably should have just gotten up and ran anyway. Trying to be careful since I am racing again soon! I do feel like a slob now though.

Weather headline this morning - SUMMER 2018 IS FINALLY OVER!! I have tears of JOY!!!! I hurried and threw on my LONG SLEEVE shirt! ITS A MIRACLE!!!! Smile

Lots of damage around Richmond from Michael. Luckily, we never lost power! Had some weird things blow into our backyard - umbrella, shoes?? and a few trees are down in the neighborhood. We are okay though!

Sandy - That is great news!!! Did you feel the difference in class today?

Ginny - Understand what you mean about the injury/burnout feeling. Its weird, right?? My podcast always says that Thursdays are the start to the weekend. They also party on Sunday nights because work doesn’t “officially” begin until Monday. Don’t think I could do that. Hope the basketball game went well!!!

Lisa - LOL!!!! Ungrateful child. Hahaha.

Lori - Race this Saturday?? Good luck!!! It will help bring some confidence back I am sure Smile My job sucks, so if I am busy I don’t have to think about how awful my boss is. Smile

Karen - Huckles will get adjusted to school quickly, just like his brother. Super cute though thinking about him hiding under your chair Smile Nice miles yesterday!!! Are you sore at all from Sunday?! You are super woman. I am trying to remember something you said a while ago about a marathon being a bigger deal than we think. I think a doctor told you??? I am trying to remember that as I beat myself up over not running today. LOL.

Elina - You had a baby?! What the WHAT! Congratulations! I didn't realize you were so far along! I am surprised the doctors let you travel! Maybe things are different over there Smile Post a pic of the happy family of 4!!! Smile

Margaret - My thoughts are the same on waiting until the race course is posted.

Docket - Nothing wrong with not wanting to extrovert so much Smile

Run4kupcakes - Nice miles yesterday!

I am already looking forward to tomorrows run - it will be in the 40's!!!! Hopefully taking a rest day today will make tomorrows run feel AWESOME.

Happy Friday!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, baby? Baby? I'm not on facebook so I don't hear these things. 

BerthaSlayer, our trails are asphalt and run along close to where there are a bunch of condos and other houses. Some parts are more woodsy thoughThere was a woman chased by a guy not long ago but I have spoken to police and they have been more in evidence since. They recommend that women carry pepper spray.

Thursday it was cooler so I wore my lighter jacket. I found my RB and she and I did 65 minutes around the park.

Today I hope to do a trail run since we are unable to go to classes. DC has some appointments that came up but wants to do a hike later. It’s 46° right now.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!!  Took the pups for a short walk this morning.

Elina---Congratulations!!!!!  Details --we need details!!! I hope you are doing well.

Cooler here today too.  YAY!!!!  I even wore a light sweater to work.

Sandy--so glad the chiro helped. I love mine.

Ninja sex party?????

I just need to survive today and I get to watch the grandbaby this afternoon. Wink

Seloc

TRX/Bells class this morning.  Lots of arms which I LOVE!!  I honestly cannot BELIEVE how much better my hamstring feels after yesterday.  I mean the pain is not completely gone but it didn't hurt laying in bed and I can barely feel it walking.  Fingers crossed I have a decent run tomorrow.  Will definitely take it nice and easy.  I go back on Monday.  I had no idea the Chiro would help this.  I almost didn't mention it.  He said I have some scar tissue in between two of the hamstring muscles that he was breaking up with massage and the ultrasound thingy worked awesome, too. I am thrilled!

Super happy it's Friday.  First full week in quite a while between Boston and Fargo and my GUESTS!  Not much on tap for the weekend.  Run in the morning and then was coerced into going to a Pampered Chef party.  Yeah, the non-cook LOL.  I first said no but another friend I don't see often really wants me to go so I'll suck it up.  Maybe buy a spatula or pot holders LOL  Sunday I want to get to yoga and then just meal prep for the week.  Oh, going to pick up a couch I bought from a friend for the spare room.

Sue - awwww have fun with the grand baby!  Any more word about your job situation?

Judy - scary about woman being chased on those trails!  Be safe out there.  Is it a soup weekend?  It is over here!

Lizzie - happy FALL!!  I have to say, I am very happy it has arrived and hoping it stays through the 10th at least!  hee hee.  Glad Michael didn't leave much damage and got the smack outa there.  Yes, 26.2 mi is no joke.  Relax about that rest day.  And please don't compare yourself to others (like wonder woman, Karen).  We are ALL different!   What works for one does not work for another.  You are going to have an awesome run tomorrow!  I do believe VitD helps.  I LOVE the sunshine.  And, I will not see ANY now until maybe April.  Dark in the morning, dark in the evening.  You guys know how much I love to just sit on my patio and soak it up.  I've noticed that I can get so super bone tired and then remember to take VitD and it seems to get better.  Maybe it's the placebo effect but if it works, I'm okay with that.  Did you come up with a hashtag?  What's on tap for your weekend?

HCK - hope Michael kicked the humidity out of your parts!!

Ginny - hope you enjoyed your solo evening!  Impressive your DH still plays basketball!  I've long retired from that sport haha  128 days until I get Where the Crawdads Sing  

Lisa - LOL on being homeless.  Darn, kid LOL

Lori - good luck tomorrow!  I'm in Mpls/St Paul, MN.  32* here currently.  Brrrrr.  Looking forward to the 60*s coming back next week.

Karen - dang impressive mileage for you yesterday!  You are going to so rock that hondo.  LOVE the photos on FB of the pups.  Oh and the video last night cracked me up.  I noticed DH shaves his legs.  Such the cyclist!  LOL

Have a great Friday, peeps!  I'll try to check in post long run tomorrow.  WOOT!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Today is my off Friday.  Heading to a massage in 30 minutes, then vet with Hershey (he has lost weight and I want to check he is OK), and 6 tonight.

BBL after my massage for shoutouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

upper body and core with class this morning,  I wasn't always able to keep up this morning.  Oh well, still a good workout.

Iisa...ungrateful child indeed!

Liz....good for the rest day, enough is enough after a marathon.  I can't believe you ran at all this week.

Damaris...I am an only child also.

Sandy....excellent news!  I love my chiro.  Good luck with the run tomorrow.  I am with you on the darkness!  I won't be warm or see much sunshine now until April if we are lucky.  I noticed coming out of the gym this morning at 7:30 it was just starting to get light!  Hate that.  Pampered Chef has the best ice cream scooper!  Just sayin'

Judy...be careful out there!

Elina had her baby?  Wow I didn't realize she was that far alone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Lizzie, good to take a rest day.  Bummer you got up before deciding against it, but probably better for you.  Have a great and chilly run tomorrow.  Geez, 40's, brrrrr.  Up to anything fun this weekend?  You usually are!

Judy, Elina was pregnant.

Sue, Have fun with the grand baby later.

Sandy, big wahoo for the chiro and understanding and improving/fixing the issue.  Good luck with your run tomorrow.  Enjoy your weekend of little planned.  Pampered Chef?

Damaris, hope Hershey is OK.

After yesterdays horridly painful blisters (I could barely walk later at work) I am opting to take a TURD.  I will go to the LRS to chat with them later in the day I hope.

Coworker is coming over soon to trim some branches and hedges.  I need to go to Home Depot to get a saw or some other implement of destruction for him.

On GC, about 5 minutes before Lisa realized her mistake on the hotels, I booked a room at the Fairfield.  No worries if we go elsewhere as it is fully refundable.  I think though we should consider booking soon.  Yeah, I was wondering about the start too.  But in perusing Expedia for rooms other places, many were saying "only 5 rooms left", or less.  It would be fun to stay together.

Ginny, if you go directly to the hotel website, sometimes their better rates are refundable.  Also, if you have AAA you get better rates.  Yeah, I don't book non-refundable either if I can help it.  HEY, I was looking through the entrants for Brazos Bend seeing if my GF had signed up yet (I didn't want to pester/pressure her as I think she might not come now....)  I didn't see your name...  There are about 100 spots left and they extended the discount even.  As Karen said, it will sell out within a few days at the rate it is going.  Not meaning to pester you either!

Happy Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

what is the discount code again for BraZos?

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ginny, try FALL, it was the one used before the end of Sept.  The newsletter said before the end of the week (of Oct 8th.)

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day today, though it would have been a nice day for running.  30's and not windy.    Busy day of meetings, a team lunch, and taking the kids to the dentist this afternoon, then DD to CC practice.  I am on call this weekend so no big plans.  On Glass CIty, I booked at the Hampton Inn Toledo/Westgate.  That looked to be the closest hotel to the start line, unless it changes.    I also had Hilton points.  I will have my car since I am driving so I will go wherever.  Will be able to cart people around also.  

Congrats Elina!!!

Lizzie, enjoy the rest!  Remember, rest does the body good.    I am glad summer is over for you!  I think we skipped right to winter.    Glad also that the damage from Michael is not too bad!  Always interesting to go running after a storm and surveying what blew around!   The weather here has been bad with all the crazy temp swings.  I think summer may be done.  Who knows?    I take multivitamins for Vitamin D, I am usually low in it due to the long winter!  We still have a lot of bugs here.  It was cold, then we had rain, so the mosquitoes came back!  Hopefully they are gone for good now!

Judy, Elina is pretty private about personal things, so no news on FB!  I imagine that Lisa has an "inside source".  

Sue, aww, have fun with the baby!

Sandy, that is awesome news!!  I am hoping all goes well with your run!  Haha, have fun at the pampered chef party!  I've gotten a couple nice things from there, my can opener and "chop chopper".     I have never used Hoopla!  Generally I can get any book I want from our network of libraries.  The memoir is interesting, I can relate with the "feelling out of place", even though I was not adopted.    It's short too, so it should be a quick read.  Mr. Math decided to "try" a run last night, he ran about 5 miles at 7:30 pace!  He said he was cold.  

Damaris, enjoy the day off!  Hope Hershey is OK!  I got my own room for GC.  It's not often that I can get a good night's sleep.  

Kat, "implement of destruction", eh?     Ouch on the blisters!  Hope those heal up fast.

Karen, nice running yesterday!  I'm sure Huck will adapt quickly to school.  

Lori, good luck on your race!

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

ginnyb

Okay, I signed up for the Half!  I may regret this...

Ginny

5.3 lovely cool miles for me (was upper 30's!). Euchre party tonight with some of the moms from Kaite's grade school that have kept in touch. Planning on running both days this weekend. And apparently driving to Fort Wayne about some car.  Will get run in first and breath deeply. LOL

Lizzie-you did what was good for body.. sleep. Will be a great weekend for running!

Judy-I need to get pepper spray. I keep saying this.

Sue-half way through the day by now and grand babies coming soon!

Sandy-that's awesome that hammie is feeling better!

Sandy-they probably have some sort of wine stopper at Pampered Chef... not that you need one of those. LOL

Damaris-I bet you feel great after that massage!

Ginny-you're right about the ice cream scoop! Nice workout this morning! Woohoo on signing up for the half! ...which one?

Kat-that sucks about the blisters. Hope they have some helpful advice this time.

Cathy-will check out Hampton Inn.

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa...Brazos...I had been procrastinating on this one.

Ginny

It's Friday...let the pole dancing begin!

Lisa